Lovers in Private - Bada Lee

By octo_yooh

"don't let anyone know" More

The story behind the start
Hidden love
Homesick
Flashback
Sudden
Love
Nervous
Family
Awkward
Unexpected
Confronting the Past, Embracing the Present
Strength in Vulnerability
A looming threat
Who..?
Take care
a/n
Breaking news

Hold me tight

774 22 7
By octo_yooh

It took me some time to heal from what Doyun did. I covered most wounds with makeup whenever I went out. Nobody had to know what happened. It's already enough that Bada is blaming herself for everything Doyun said and did to us that day we went with her.

This day, I was at practice with the others as usual. We were working on some things individually. I went over my solo part several times. Wanting to distract myself from thinking about everything too much, I tried exhausting myself as much as possible. My body was weak after only a short period of time. I sat down on one of the chairs in the practice room and drank from my water. I wiped the sweat on my forehead.

Bada's POV:

I couldn't stop worrying about what Doyun could have been doing lately. He didn't come anymore. I should feel relieved about it, but knowing he's probably still around makes me feel sick. I was scared he would find the girls.

I told them all to text me if they suspect something, but they told me nothing is going on.

Lusher had to practically force me to come to practice. I didn't want my team to be seen near me. What if Doyun showed up again? He would recognize them and hurt them too.

My team is the most precious to me. I can't let anyone hurt them because of something they can't control. After all, if it wasn't for me, they wouldn't know Doyun at all.

When Lusher and I arrived, y/n, Sowoen and Cheche were there already. The others arrived a bit later than us.
I noticed y/n even more energetic than at other times, which was weird. Of course, y/n has always been active and full of energy, but this seemed different.

I observed her moves for some time. She definitely danced differently. It wasn't on the calm but cool side that it's usually on, but more on the aggressive one. She was never an aggressive dancer.

Maybe she was trying out a new style?
I tried getting rid of my thoughts.

With sweat almost dripping down her forehead and chin, she sat down and chugged her water. She wiped her sweat and closed her eyes. As she leaned back on the back of the chair, she sighed. I wanted to check on her. She seemed genuinely out of it.

"Bada, can you turn on the music from the start? I want to go through the whole choreo again." Tatter asked. I stood beside the speakers, so I quickly turned it on for her.

When I directed my gaze back to y/n, she was already back to dancing. This time it was more like herself and definitely more calm.

I started dancing too, occasionally watching her. I almost forgot about earlier.

But, when she raised both of her arms to try out her waacking, the sleeves on her sweater slid up and I saw a blue mark on her right arm. It wasn't enormously huge, but noticable. We had time off from dance classes and practices for a week, so it couldn't be from then.

My mind filled with worry all over again. I couldn't hold it anymore. I had to talk to her.

"Y/n, come outside for a second." I said. The others turned to me and y/n seemed perplexed aswell. They all probably thought I would scold her, since I showed no emotion whatsoever. But I didn't care at that moment. I just needed to check if y/n was okay.

I went outside first and y/n followed me quickly.

"Is everything okay?" Was the first thing she asked me. I shook my head and softly took her hands.

"I should be the one asking. Is something bothering you?" I asked. She looked at me in confusion.

She told me no and asked why I would think so. I pulled up her sleeve and revealed her bruise.

"Then, can you tell me what this is?" I looked at her intently.

"Oh that, I got it from practice. You know, I accidentally hit myself while waacking. I'm still a beginner." She laughed a bit.

"How did you get it from practice when we didn't have any for a week, y/n? Are you really telling me the truth?" I interrogated her more.

In return, she sighed. "I practiced at home, okay? Can't you believe me?!" She said a bit agitated.

"Sorry, you're right. I'm overthinking this. I didn't mean to." I said. She really was right. I needed to pull myself together. It was probably nothing.

"It's okay. But seriously, stop thinking too much about it. How would Doyun find us? He doesn't even know our names."

I calmed down again and y/n told me to take a break before continuing. I stayed outside for a bit and watched as some snow fell.

Y/n's POV:

"How would Doyun find us? He doesn't even know our names."

I wish I was telling the truth. Lying to Bada hurt me in every way, but I would never be able to see her suffer even more than this.

'Okay you got this. Stop thinking about it.' I thought to myself. I went back inside and Minah turned to me with a questioning look.

"What, coming back alone? Where's the tall one?" She asked wannabe mysteriously, which made me chuckle a bit.

"Still outside. She needed some fresh air." I looked at the time. "Shit! Guys, I have to leave first. I promised Yeji to meet her at 6pm."

"Wait why? Because of the collab?" Tatter asked.

"Yeah. She has some general questions about our ideas. And since you all told me how you imagine the collab, I figured we didn't necessarily have to plan a whole meeting for this. I hope that's okay?" I put on my jacket and scarf.

"Ah right, okay. Well, be careful and greet her from us!" Tatter replied smiling.

"Will do. Don't overwork yourselves girls!" They all told me to hurry, so I quickly grabbed my phone as well as my water and left.

Outside, I was met by Bada squatting next to the entrance, visibly and audibly crying. It caught me by surprise. Before she could notice me, I texted Yeji, telling her I would be there a bit later.

Y/n: Hey, sorry Yeji, but I have to postpone the meeting by a bit. Bada needs me right now. I'll text you in a bit. I'm sorry, I will make it up to you!

Yeji replied within a few seconds.

Yeji: That's okay. Take your time and don't rush, okay? I'll pick you up, just stay there.💛

I smiled at her message and finally knelt down next to Bada. I tapped her shoulder and she jumped by the sudden gesture. She didn't notice anyone coming out.

Trying her best to seem okay, she wiped her eyes and smiled at me. She obviously failed dramatically. I sighed and shook my head to let her know she shouldn't hide it. I patted her back all the way until she was able to catch her breath. She didn't need to say anything, I knew what this was about.

I didn't need to say anything either. I have come to notice that just being there and staying with her calms Bada down.

Repositioning my hand that was on her back for a while now onto her arm, I pulled her up and helped her put on her jacket. She looked at me confused when I grabbed her hand and was about to head out with her.

"Don't you have to go and meet Yeji?"

"It can wait. You're the most important to me, Bada."

"I hope you know I feel the same. I can't imagine my life without you, y/n. Thank you for being here for me." She replied, squeezing my hand.

I smiled to myself and started walking with my hand still in hers. We didn't walk far, only around the parking lot.
I let the cold breeze hit my face. Snow everywhere, quiet music in the backround from a shop nearby, Bada beside me. It was like heaven and hell. I'm lucky to have Bada with me, but all these issues are draining.

"Are you comfortable with telling me what exactly is going through your mind? I know the reason you were crying was Doyun, but is there more to it? Or, still the same old?" I asked after some silence.

Bada took some time to form her reply. It was obvious she was still struggling with expressing herself.

"Actually.. Your bruise on your arm, it's still worrying me. You told me it's from practice, but why can't I seem to believe you? I really want to, but there is this feeling inside of me, telling me something is genuinely wrong. Please, don't get mad. Just tell me what caused this."

She tugged at my jacket. I looked down. I didn't wanna tell her. I really didn't. But lying to her hurt as much.

"Don't freak out," I warned her. "but, yes. You're right. I had a fight with Doyun. But! Listen to me first. He got me when I wasn't paying attention. At first I had everything under control, really." I said with my eyes closed.

She immediately freaked out and stopped me to check for injuries on every inch of my body. Her breath fastened.

"Fuck, I want to kill him. How could he do this to you?" She asked on the verge of a breakdown.

She continued looking for anything, and unfortunately found the wound on my head. I started explaining how it's from the fall, but of course, she was distressed anyway.

She pulled me towards her and gave me the tightest hug anyone could imagine.

"Please forgive me.. I never should've gotten you involved. I feel like an idiot." She cried out.

I felt so angry. Doyun won again. Now she's saying me getting involved is her own fault. I had to stop her. "No, Bada. Stop it. I would be disappointed if you wouldn't have told me. But for this, you can't blame yourself."

I pulled away and she looked at me with still teary eyes. She breathed in harshly and wiped her eyes before nodding.

Bada acknowledged that she's not at fault. She told me to go to her as soon as something like this happens again and we made a deal; I would tell her everything and she wouldn't think it's her fault. Or, at least try.

After a while, I walked Bada back. As I was coming back out, I got a call.

Yeji: "Hey, I'm parked on the right, you should see me immediately."

Y/n: "Okay. Thank you for waiting, Yeji."

I ended the call and turned to my right. I noticed her and walked to her car. When I got in she was texting on her phone. I waited for her to finish and soon she put her phone down and smiled at me.

"I have to ask, how did you know exactly when I got out?" I asked while laughing.

"I got here about ten minutes ago. I saw you, didn't mean to stalk. My bad" She laughed and jokingly put her hands together, as if asking for forgiveness.

"Can I ask you one question though? You don't have to answer at all. I'm just a curious person." I raised my eyebrows and told her to go on.

"So as you know, I saw you and Bada outside just now. She looked like she was crying.. And she looked for something, apparently on you. Is everything okay? Can I do anything to help?" I lightly smiled at the question.

"She has been stressed with some personal issues for some time. I got kind of involved because I couldn't stand it and now she's worried. Also, thank you, but I think there's nothing really you could do." I replied.

Yeji nodded and seemed to be thinking about something. I waited for her and after some seconds, she turned to me again.

"So, Bada and you seem to be good.. friends?" She said, the word 'friends' sounding more like a question.

"Yeah. We're really close actually. Why?" I asked.

"Oh, no reason. I just think that's very cute." She smiled at me and turned on the engine. "Alright, should we go to a café?" I nodded and she started driving.

-

"I've been thinking. How about we meet up with your team and my members next Friday to talk about the plans? We have our day off and you told me you have no plans for the end of the next week." Yeji requested. I thought about it for a moment and agreed.

"Sure. By the way, when is the filming beginning exactly? We'll try to work on some choreo before. You'll just have to send me the demo of the song." I replied and Yeji seemed okay with it.

We got into detail about what the plan is, and Yeji suggested some kind of badass choreo, since the title track will have a powerful instrumental.

I got distracted for a while, wondering if Bada was practicing again, but tried to listen to Yeji intently. She either didn't notice, or didn't think much of it, as she never mentioned it.

All I hoped was that from now on, we'll get through all of this without getting hurt further.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Helloo, how are you all?

I hope you like this chapter, please look forward to the next ones as well!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 340 65
Your choice your story
1.6K 58 15
"You don't even know me how could you possibly like me" "I just do... I don't need a reason to like you"
86.2K 1.8K 27
"Don't tell anyone, it's a secret"
14.2K 1.2K 37
"Just don't let them know..."