𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ! [ rhy...

By midnight_ink_

❛ a falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes ❜ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ "How . . ." She was at a loss... More

𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 !
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 , 𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐑 !
𝐢. christmas cheer !
𝐢𝐢. the spring court ?
𝐢𝐢𝐢. welcome , feyre !
𝐢𝐯. kitchen mishaps !
𝐯. a ride with a demon !
𝐯𝐢. the suriel !
𝐯𝐢𝐢. the truth ( sort of ) !
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. tamlin sucks at flirting !
𝐢𝐱. amarantha's first strike !
𝐱. bonding time !
𝐱𝐢. night in shining armor !
𝐱𝐢𝐢. angels and faeries !
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the solstice !
𝐱𝐢𝐯. high lord of the night court !
𝐱𝐯. family trees !
𝐱𝐯𝐢. amarantha's plaything !
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. child of faerie and angel !
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. a sadistic genie !
𝐱𝐢𝐱. the first task !
𝐱𝐱. give and take !
𝐱𝐱𝐢. love and lust !
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. upwards and onwards !
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. welcome home !
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 , 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 !
𝐢. nightmares and daydreams !
𝐢𝐢. welcome to velaris !
𝐢𝐯. pieces of history !
𝐯. rita's !
QUICK QUESTION (will be removed)
𝐯𝐢. drunken memories !

𝐢𝐢𝐢. the city of starlight !

1.9K 123 19
By midnight_ink_

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝚃 𝙷 𝚁 𝙴 𝙴   !

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔬𝔣 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄. The brilliant sun beaming through her room's windows warmed her skin, the blankets practically enveloping her in a cocoon of comfort. The bed was amazing, to say the least. Big and comfortable and holding her up while simultaneously sucking her in. She could lay in it all day without growing tired of it. 

However, a strange glint of golden light coming from a corner of her room had her pulling away from the warm embrace of the bed. A chill ran up from her toes to her fingertips as she felt the coolness of the floor beneath hersomething she'd grown used to after the years. Her body had a natural heat to ita characteristic that had been amplified with the release of her being. It was no surprise the cool wooden floors would bring goosebumps to her unclothed skin.

Ana approached the corner of the room where the glow had come from, the corners of her lips perking up in amusement. It was a note written in swooping yet jagged penmanship that had to have been done either by Amren or Mor. The words had a feminine air to them, and while she was sure Az or Cass or even Rhys could pull it off, she doubted they had enough sense to pick out something as beautiful as the necklace that rested beside the paper (at least, not Cassian. And definitely not Rhysand). The source of the glowing.

She plucked the letter gently from the desk and scanned the words, smiling wider.

          After your generosity upon first meeting me, I thought to return the favor. A necklace as beautiful and regal as you, halfling. Cherish it . . . and do NOT let Cassian get his dirty hands on it. 

          Appreciate this gift, girl, for I do not give jewels lightheartedly. 

~ Amren

Ana set the note down and delicately lifted the necklace up. It was indeed beautifula thin and simple golden chain with a charm in the shape of angel's wings folding inward. In the center of the wings was what appeared to be a polished moonstone. A rainbow reflected from the beautiful rock, casting a glow around her room that was almost ethereal. 

The blonde was quick to enter the bathroom and face the mirror, placing the necklace on and leaving the charm visible to all. It was beautiful, and she would have to thank Amren greatly for it. Izzy was sure to be jealous once she saw it. And Magnus. And even Alec, though he would never show it.

The sudden rumbling of her stomach made her frown. She had hardly eaten the night prior, too mixed up with the conversations happening around her at the table to eat a hefty meal. With a sigh, Ana left the bathroom and approached the wardrobe, opening the engraved doors. Staring back at her were intricate dresses, comfy sweaters, trousers, and even fighting clothes. Ana chose a cream sweater and black trousers, placing socks and undergarments on the pile before closing the doors and changing. 

She left her hair down, the golden curls framing her face, and left the room. Immediately, she was hit with the smell of food. Sausage, eggs, toast, pancakes, waffles, and pastries. Her mouth water as she let her stomach lead the way. Down the steps and around the corner until she stood in the dining room, her eyes widening at the abundance of food.

She had been the last to arrive, silently taking the empty spot between Rhys andsurprisinglyAzriel. The shadowsinger was hard to read, but he didn't seem to dislike her, which Ana found to be an accomplishment. He gave her a gentle nod as she sat, which she returned with one of her own. 

"Good morning," she stated as she piled her plate with food. 

"Good afternoon, more like it," Cassian stated, nodding toward the sun outside. It was indeed in the center of the sky, meaning it was the middle of the day. Ana couldn't remember the last time she'd slept in that long without nightmares waking her up. "We thought you'd never wake up."

Ana rolled her eyes. "Sorry. I didn't realize my sleeping in was such an inconvenience to you, Cassian. My apologies."

Mor snorted into her tea. "I see sarcasm is the same in your world as it is in ours." Her eyes then widened. "By the Mother! Where did you get that?"

With a pastry halfway to her lips, Ana's mind was filled with momentary confusion. What was she talking about? Then, the unfamiliar weight of the new necklace brought her back. She glanced at the golden chain with a soft smile.

"A certain tiny Ancient One gifted it to me." Ana met the swirling silver eyes of Amren, who was wearing her own gifted necklace. "Thank you. It is beautiful."

Amren nodded. "Consider it a thank you gift."

Rhys hummed. "Well, it seems our Amren has a new favorite." A rude gesture was thrown in the High Lord's direction, causing Ana to nearly choke on her bit of scone.

"So . . . any plans for the day, Ana?" Mor asked, her hazel eyes peering over her tea cup curiously. 

Ana shook her head. "Just gonna send a quick message to Iz and the others to let them know I'm doing okay. Shouldn't take more than five or so minutes." She then glanced to the male beside her. "Though, if I remember correctly, a certain High Lord promised a tour of his wonderful court."

Rhys met her eyes, the violet filled to the brim with amusement. "Ah . . . and who was this High Lord? Was he attractive?"

"More like arrogant and cocky." Amren smirked into her chalice while Cass openly laughed. "Maybe somewhat nice on the eyes, but other than that, no." Her eyes sparkled as she looked at Rhys. "Worried?"

Never, darling. "Well, it appears I have a tour to plan in less than five minutes."

"Have fun with that, brother," Cass mused, finishing off his plate. "Az and I have an appointment with the training ring. Time for me to get some payback on this cheater."

Azriel rolled his eyes. "Such a sore loser."

If we get back from this tour early, remind me to challenge Cass to a fight, Ana said, looking between the Illyrians with a smile.

Rhys's eyes widened a fraction. You want to fight Cass? Ana nodded. Okay. Should I warn him?

Ana's smile grew. No. Let him find out on his own.

A feline smirk spread across his lips. You devilish little thing. He stood and extended a hand. "Shall we begin?"

Ana took his hand and stood, used to the warmth skin-on-skin contact between them brought her. "We shall."

⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

Ana was speechless.

The blonde had never really been in a situation where she was shocked into silence (aside from the failed wedding between Alec and Lydia. That had really rendered her speechless). Sure, there had been moments where she struggled to find words, but nothing ever stopped her from talking all together.

That is, until she saw Velaris from the roof of the House of Wind.

Rhys decided that the first part of his "wonderful tour" would be him flying the both of them to the other housethe House of Wind, which resided within one of the mountains. The house itself was beautiful, filled with many rooms (the libraries had made Ana nearly cry from joy) and home to a decent-sized training arena on the roof. The one that, according to Rhys, she would be pulverizing Cassian on within the week. 

The city was beautiful beyond belief. It sat atop rolling, steep hills that were flanked by a glimmering river, which was in constant motion toward the sapphire sea. The Sidra, as Rhys had explained during their flight. Buildings of white marble and sandstone littered the hills, cobblestone pathways defining the area between each house or store. The city seemed to be split by the Sidra, with the townhouses and shops on one side and the array of colors and music on the other. 

There was a constant coming and going of white-sailed ships, their hulls forming ripples in the endless sea. Ana swore she let a few tears fall at the shear beauty of the world she was looking down upon. By the Angel, Izzy and the others would love this city. She would have to fill them in on Velaris once she returned after her two weeks were up.

Sure, she'd seen the city when first entering. But taking it all in from a different point of view . . . God, she couldn't take her eyes away from it.

Rhys removed her from her thoughts with a gentle kiss to her brow. "I'm glad you like it. Now, what would you like to explore first? The northern or southern half?"

Ana pursed her lips. "I don't know. Which is best to begin with? I only know so much about this place from the stories your family told last night."

The male hummed in thought, his eyes taking in his city with a certain gleam. She watched him carefully, adoring the way his dark hair brushed against his forehead despite being styled. The way his brows furrowed in thought, and his lower lip pushed outward. How the sun glinted against his tanned skin, revealing the faintest of white scars. He was beautiful.

"Come." His voice snapped her out of her thoughts. 

Ana blinked. "Are we about to fly or are we about to winnow? Because I'm more comfortable doing one than the other."

Rhys studied her for a moment. "Have you your wings? Have you flown yet?"

The blonde shook her head with a sigh. "I haven't had the opportunity. Since returning . . ." She shut her mouth. Since returning, I've been too busy worrying about the demons in my nightmares to practice anything outside of self-defense and magic, is what she should have said. But she kept it in. She didn't need to burden him with her problems. "I just haven't had the time. I don't even remember the last time I let my wings show."

A gentle hand on her lower back had her looking at him. His expression was gentle as he led her toward the center of the roof. "Would you mind . . . ?"

"Showing them to you?" He nodded, almost hesitant. Ana smiled gently. "Of course."

Now, the girl had hardly summoned her wings before. Only once, when her family had begged to see them. Just like the golden power within her, her wings were constantly begging to be released. All she had to do was imagine them forming along her backthe weight, the beauty, the gentleness. 

She felt the tug of her muscles as weight was added to her back. Without looking, she knew they'd appeared. 

Rhys's eyes gleamed as he looked at them, Ana following his line of sight. She had to admit that the wings were enchanting. With delicate white feathers layered one on top of the other, stretching wide and ready to catch any oncoming breeze. When she folded them against her back, the rounded tops showed above her shoulders, seeming to glow with purity. And when the flexed them to their entire length, the feathers glittered with a sort of magic.

"Beautiful," he whispered. Ana folded them in, growing used to their weight. Slowly, Rhys reached out and ran a finger over the feathers, sending a shiver down her spine that warmed her lower stomach. The feeling was so foreign, Ana jumped. That seemed to snap him out of his trance. "Sorry. I shouldn't have done that without asking. Wings are . . . sensitive."

Ana laughed softly, allowing them to disappear as she crossed her arms and perked a brow. "Let me guess . . . yours are of similar sensitivity?" Rhys nodded. "Interesting. Anyways, you were going to show me the city. Unless, of course, you wish to postpone it until nightfall. I'll gladly kick Cassian's ass earlier in the day if that's the case."

Rhys laughed loud enough for the sound to echo over the hills. "As much as I would love to see him get tossed on his ass, I promised you a tour of the city. We'll start on the northern side of the Sidra then move to the southern, ending our tour here. Once the sun goes down, we can walk the streets again."

The blonde hummed. "Sounds good to me. Lead the way, oh High Lord."

He rolled his eyes playfully and took her offered hand, pulling her into his chest. Without warning, his wings appeared and he took off, Ana squealing in delight.

⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

Rhysand had been correct when telling her that Velaris was best viewed at night. Despite seeing the city during the day, touring it at night left the blonde breathless.

Keeping to his word, the pair returned to the streets as the sun fell behind the mountains, casting a warm darkness over the city. Fires lit up the night sky along with fae lights that reminded the girl of the streetlights lining the roads in Brooklyn. The momentary comparison made her homesick, but she pushed it away. Velaris was too beautiful to miss out on.

Her hand was held in Rhysand's as they navigated the streets, the contact making her stomach swirl with butterflies. She'd held hands with him before, but something in her had changed during their time apart. Any touch from him seemed to liven the zoo within her stomach and warm her blood. It was a good feeling, one she'd have to ask Izzy about later. Or Mor.

During the day, Ana had memorized the layout of the city. On the southern side of the Sidra lay the houses and restaurants, and well as two of the four Palaces (marketplaces, as Rhysand had explained). The Palace of Thread and Jewels was home to many clothes, fabrics, pieces of jewelry, and accessories of all sorts. Ana couldn't help but stare at each piece she saw, taken by their individual beauty and uniqueness. 

The Palace of Bone and Salt housed the many spices, foods, and tools needed for cooking and entertaining. Ana's mouth had watered as she walked through it that morning, finding the blend of spice and sweet something she dearly missed about her village in Russia. By the Angel, she found herself reminiscing on the times when she and her mother had traveled to the farmer's market. How the different cooked foods had made her tiny tummy grumble and how the different fabrics had tickled her skin.

Oh, how she missed that.

The northern side of the Sidra was where the Palace of Hoof and Leaf resided, twin to that of Bone and Salt. And just as she'd drooled over the many foods in the previous Palace, she did the same here. Rhys was a mess of laughs as he pulled her from many of the different stalls earlier that day, keeping her from gorging herself on many of the different cured meats and dried fruits. 

She reminded him much of a child, her eyes filled with wonder. It made his heart thrum in his chest.

But the real showstopper was the Rainbow of Velaris, which was where all the artists resided. From musicians to actors and painters, the cobblestone streets were filled with the beauty of art. Ana's eyes had shimmered as she took in every inch of the place, her heart beating along with the music playing. It was beyond breathtaking. 

And now, with the sun down and the stars shining, Ana found herself unable to think as she took everything in. How would she describe this place to her family in the other world? Would they even believe her that a place such as this one existed? Probably not, what with all the trouble her other world faced. 

What's on that beautiful mind of yours? 

The two had come to a stop at the bridge connecting the north to the south, stretching over the flowing Sidra. Within the crystalline waters, Ana can see colorful fish swimming in the current, brushing against each other in greeting as they made for the sea. 

Just thinking of how I'm going to explain all of this to my family in the other world, she responded, pulling her lower lip between her teeth. They won't believe it's real.

Why not? She could sense the curiosity within his question.

Sighing, Ana met his eyes. Rhys, my other world is much different from this one. It's filled with destructive wars, selfish businessmen, arrogant politicians, and people who seek to harm just for the fun of it. To believe that a place of peace and beauty exists is considered insanity over there. I love it, but . . . to them, this is a dream they'll never reach.

She watched his face contort into one of confusion. Some of the words she'd used were things he'd probably never heart of before. People who seek to harm?

Ana nodded. There are people in my other world who kill because they want to and because they can. His eyes widened. I know. That's why being here is so rattling. And why part of me wishes to never leave. 

Rhys moved his hand from hers, opting to wrap an arm around her waist and pull her into his side. "You know, one of these days I'm going to have to visit you in your world and see all of what you grew up with."

Ana looked to him with wide eyes. "You want to see my other world?"

He nodded. "Of course. I want to know how you grew up, Ana darling. Everything in that world makes me curious. And I would love to meet your family."

She felt her heart warm. Pushing onto her toes, she kissed his cheek (alarmingly close to his lips, keep in mind) and gave him a wide smile. "Well, one day I would love to show you around. But first, we have a city to explore at night. Lead the way, my love."

He gave her a playful glare. "As you wish, my darling." 

And with that, the two slipped into the glowing city, the bond between them practically shining in the night like the thousands of stars above them.

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

𝐀 𝐔 𝐓 𝐇 𝐎 𝐑 𝐒   𝐍 𝐎 𝐓 𝐄   !

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Sorry for any mistakes while reading this, I did not have time to edit before posting. I'll go back and fix shit later once this act is finished with. Planning an stuff have me wondering what the next chapter will look like. It's a bit harder to write without a guide, but it's allowing my creativity to flow more. I hope you all are liking the original chapters!

The tour is done and we got a glimpse of Amren and Ana's growing friendship. Ana showed her wings to Rhys and he touched them (; so they'll have fun with that when the time comes. And Rhysand admitted to wanting to see Ana's life in the other world, which was so heartwarming. God, I love them.

We'll be seeing more of her nightmares (poor baby) and more of her and Feyre. Don't think I forgot about our precious baby trapped in the Spring Court. Ana will be visiting her to make sure she's okay. And Ana will also be kicking Cassian's ass in the next chapter (possibly) so we'll see. 

Anyways, I've gotta get some kind of sleep since I'm still taking online courses. My break ends January 21, so I hope to get as much written before then. Hope you all had an amazing double holiday and consider this a present from me!

Please comment and vote!

Love you all!

~ a.h.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 3.7K 53
A year has passed since Seren Marzena returned to the Night Court with her mate, Azriel. Their time of rest is coming to an end. Plans long kept sile...
87.8K 3.2K 58
It's colder then I remember it, dark as an abyss but I stop being afraid of the dark along time ago. Shadows curl around me and I allow myself the s...
359 32 9
"Do you think I enjoy hurting you?" "I hope so." ---- Life gets hard when you meddle in things that you should not stick your fucking nose into. Tha...
26.8K 809 20
Two hundred years ago Rhysand lost his mother and sister in a grueling murder. But what if that sister had survived? What if the head in that box was...