linger | quinn hughes

By blond43d

。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she w... More

𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿
𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

𝘁𝗲𝗻

5K 105 57
By blond43d

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗻
deep conversations !

heyitsdevon posted a story!

_quinnhughes posted a story!

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"you okay?" luke asked as he and josh cautiously walked into the living room. quinn was sat on the couch with his head in his hands. luke briefly motioned for josh to leave them alone as he walked inside, taking a seat beside quinn.

"i'm fine dukey" quinn said, his voice muffled since it was in between his hands. he took an audible deep breath before straightening up, and sitting back, taking deep breaths.

"what's on your mind?" luke asked, starting to get concerned at his big brother's behaviour.

"it's just a lot, you know?" quinn breathed out, subtly sniffling as he tried to control the waver to his voice "she's leaving next week and i probably won't see her again"

quinn was overthinking, again. he knew a lot of people perceived him like a person sure of himself and he usually was but he had just came to the realization that dev was leaving soon and he was scared, devon made him scared.

"don't be too dramatic huggy. she's not gone forever" luke assured, trying to cheer his brother up. he, like everyone else, had noticed that the ex-couple seemed to have rekindled their friendship and everyone was glad.

"she is and it's my fault. i caused this but i miss her so much" he lamented, his head reclining back on the couch and his hands once again going to his face, in an attempt to cover the tears starting to fill his eyes.

he was so frustrated. at him, at devon, at the situation. he knew he was to blame, he knew he was in this situation because of him and it was eating him alive. he would never forgive himself for how stupid and careless he was. he had been with the woman of his dreams, with the woman he was so sure he would settle with and because of his insecurities and immatureness he let her go, he pushed her away.

"huggy..."

"i was so stupid and i lost her and i feel like i lost meaning. i achieved so much with my career and it felt great but at the end of the day i still felt empty, you know? and now i saw her again and i feel like i got it back, just a tiny bit of meaning, but i'm losing her all over again" he rambled, his voice muffled again since he refused to remove gis hands even if he knew luke already knew he was crying.

"quinn, you know i love you and i'll always support you but you can't keep feeling sorry for yourself. it was your decision, you broke up with her, you gotta own up to it" luke surmised, saying everything frankly and upfront.

"i know" quinn sighed, wiping his cheeks harshly and closing his eyes, taking deep breaths and laying his hands on his lap.

"i'm not trying to make you feel bad, you know i'm not but you can't change the past, you can't undo everything that happened. all you can do is try to fix it, try to get your friendship back but only if she wants to. i don't want you to hurt her, she doesn't deserve it" luke said, he too looking away, not bearing seeing his brother so out of it. it hurt him too, when quinn broke up with her, because not only did it affect them both, it affected the entire friend group.

"we're starting over" quinn confesed, a tiny smile covering his mouth.

"good, that's a good start"

quinn wasn't one to share his feelings. ever since he was little he was always the closed off one, devon helped him change that. over the years, he had started to close off again but his brothers made him feel a security he was sure he only felt with devon. so, it was easy for him to let out all his darkest thought to luke, even if he was still embarrassed to do so.

"i love her" he whispered, his voice breaking as he looked everywhere but his little brother, embarrassed.

"i know you do"

"hi" they heard, barely a whisper at the entrance of the room. they both turned to look, their eyes falling on devon standing there, trying to make herself appear smaller with her arms around herself. she could immediately sense she had walked into something hut against her better judgment, she decided to make herself known.

"hey dev" luke smiled, causing devon to smile back and slowly walk into the room, her eyes going to quinn's slumped figure who was frantically wiping his cheeks.

"did i interrupt?" she softly asked, standing infront of them and playing with her hands, worried for quinn.

"you're okay. do you know where dawson is?" luke asked. standing up nonchalantly.

"i think he was outside with cole and dylan" she said, pointing to the back porch. luke nodded and walked away, throwing a smile to them both.

devon carefully sat down next to quinn, scared that he might tell her to go away "hi"

"hi" he whispered just a softly, only then turning to look at her.

"are you okay?" she tried to say as casually as she could, trying to stop her brows from furrowing in concern. his eyes were red and his cheeks rosy, a clear indication that he had been crying which immediately worried devon.

"i'm great" he assured, devon would've almost believed him if he hadn't sniffled.

"you sure? cause you look like you just cut onions" she joked, hoping to make him smile, and he did.

"i'm good. where's sunny and molly?" he asked with a small smile on his face.

"well, sunny is somewhere with julien and molly was with trevor i think. they left me all alone by myself, so rude" she explained, leaning back on the couch exaggeratingly, quinn looking at her in mild amusement.

"trevor, huh?" he mused, his breathing starting to stabilize.

"yeah! i actually think there might be something there"

"i thought so too" quinn snickered, not being able to look away from her.

"you wanna watch something on tv?" she suddenly asked, breaking quinn from his daydream.

"yeah, what do you wanna see?" he hummed, reaching for the remote on the coffee table "whatever you want dev" he reassured at dev's doubtful expression.

"okay, can we watch boy meets world?" she smiled, looking at him with eyes he couldn't say no to.

"you still see that?" he laughed, already looking for it on the tv.

"of course i do! i would never betray my husband eric that way" she gushed, lifting a hand to her heart. 

"sure dev"

the pair comfortably started to watch a random episode of the show, devon grabbing blankets from the corner of the couch and giving one to quinn, getting comfortable.

about four episodes in, she felt his stare on the side of her head. she was scared to look but when she did, she wasn't surprised to find him looking at her unapologetically. he blushed, but he didn't seem to manage to look away which made devon blush in response.

upon seeing his stare better, she saw the frown and the wavering eyes, immediately knowing something was wrong.

she scooted closer to him, dragging the blanket with her all the while quinn never broke the stare, the tears only building up on his eyes.

just when their faces were merely centimeters away did a tear manage to break free, a couple more following rapidly. devon frowned, softly grasping his face in between her hands and wiping his tears with her thumbs, a million tears more following at her touch.

his skin was soft and wet from the tears, the beard scratching lightly at her palms as she held eye contact with him, worried at the complete sorrow that filled them.

"you grew your beard, i like it" she said, hoping to make him smile so he would stop crying but a barely audible thank you passed his lips as he closed his eyes, an endless supply of tears covering her hands in sadness.

the compliment instead of making him feel better made him more sad. the whole reason he'd grew his beard was for her, cause he knew she always wanted him to grew it but he had been too insecure to do so. when he finally did grew it, she wasn't there to see it.

"what's wrong quinny?" she whispered, hoping he would open his eyes again.

"i'm scared" he whimpered, opening his eyes and looking deep into hers "i'm scared of you leaving"

"why?"

"cause i just got you back and i'm gonna lose you all over again" he croaked, blinking rapidly.

"quinn, you're not losing me"

"i am, you'll go back to new york next week and you'll be gone. it's all because of me. and i know i'm being selfish, wanting you back after everything i did"

"if you're selfish, then i must be too, cause i want you back too, i want our friendship back" she stated, rubbing his cheeks softly.

"really?" quinn asked, hope filling his eyes.

"of course i do. i missed you so much, you have no idea" she smiled, scooting a little bit closer to him, leaning a leg on top of his.

"how do you not hate me?" he wondered, not believing the idea of her missing him.

"how could i? you were my life. i could never hate you, not even if i tried" she said, the smile not leaving her face "you will not lose me quinn. yes, i'm going back to nyc next week but we can still text and call"

"you're not just saying this to make me feel better?"

"i promise. i care about you quinn, and i don't wanna lose you too" she assured, now running her fingers through his hair, knowing it calmed him down "now, come on, stop crying cause you're making me sad"

the feeling of the pads of her thumbs made him feel safe, made him feel nineteen again. he hugged her, startling her slightly but she reciprocated the hug immediately, cradling his head to her neck, running her fingers through his hair as his body shook, brief sniffles escaping from his lips.

"you're okay quinn. i promise" she smiled, leaning back to look into his eyes.

quinn, for the first time in a long time, felt safe, he felt like everything really was gonna be okay.

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱
they way even their fonts r matching without doing it on purpose💕💗♥️
eric matthews is sooo fiineeee i cant even. i rlly want to make them suffer but i just cant i love them sm. hope u enjoyed!! comment & vote💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 1.4K 33
in which a famous YouTuber meets a famous Hockey player. touch her and you die trope modern au Quinn Hughes x OC
16.4K 163 24
"But it's the, way you smile, that does it for me... it's so Sweet, knowing that you love me"
389K 4.7K 53
Alexandra Cohen accepts the job of her dreams, not knowing that she would meet the boy of her dreams because of it
27.8K 908 19
。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝘁𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 "with you by my side forever tethered evermore" ❝ you don't get to pity yourself. you caused this ❞ ❝ i don't know...