| σnє míllíσn wσrdѕ |

By callmeKay_Cee

Out of all of Mr Grant's children, she's the one who didn't want nor particularly need protection, which made... More

👁👄👁
C⁴
C⁵
C⁶
C⁷
C⁸
C⁹
C¹⁰
C¹¹
C¹²
C¹³
C¹⁴
C¹⁶
C¹⁷
C¹⁸
C¹⁹
C²⁰
C²¹
C²²
C²³
C²⁴
C²⁵
C²⁶
C²⁷

C¹⁵

315 29 12
By callmeKay_Cee

____________
Giovanni's pov.
___________________

No, we didn't kiss and no, Miss Grant didn't inform us on how much of our conversation she heard but she didn't start acting weird toward us, with all things considered, and I appreciated that. She had been in the hospital wing for a full month and was over the moon when she was discharged.

We spent the following two month getting to know each other on a personal level and I can proudly say that this woman is the definition of 'I'm built different'.

Not even two days after being discharged was she nagging her father about going out on a mission and when he said no, she pranked him with a honey bomb. I don't know when she got the time but she perfectly executed the stickiest prank I've ever seen.

We discovered that she loves doing things for other people, she loves for cooking and she loves helping her father's men even though she won't admit it. We see the love and admiration in her eyes when all of Mr Grants men fight over who ate the last of the muffins she made.
It was Eddie btw.

It felt as through we had to climb mountains and move giants to get her to start calling us by our names, we even let her call us by our second names but she wouldn't give in. Well, that was until I told her I'd start calling her the nickname her father gave her.
I may, or may not, have had to sit in a corner after my statement.

Anyway, Obsidian is amazing, smart, charismatic, funny, beautiful, has an amazing laugh, and enjoys teasing Edward as much as I do. She's understanding, patient, dangerously deadly, she listens and makes you feel heard even in the most unserious times.

She's all of these great things but I know for a fact that her heart is still guarded and I don't blame her. She's been hurt before and even though protecting her heart is something we've both come to realise we'd be honoured to do, we are willingly waiting for the day she gives us permission.

I know I said she hasn't been acting weird toward us, but she was acting weird in general. At first I thought it was because she was uncomfortable by the speed at which everything between us is going, but after closer examination, I realised it was more than that.

She has become closed off in the last week, won't speak unless asked a direct question but even then she'd give short answers. I also noticed that Mr Grant has been going on solo missions this past week and not speaking to anyone, but yesterday was worse. Both he and his daughter snuck out then reappeared this morning covered in blood while everyone was having breakfast.

They said nothing as they walked passed us and into their different rooms. Once showered and changed, Miss Grant went to her father's office and began cleaning it. I mean removing books from the self's, dusting the light, deep cleaning the couch, the whole nine yards. We stood there and watched not knowing what to say or ask.

After she was done she left the office and got her car keys, we had to practically jump into the car before she took off. She drive to Miss Raven's house and sat in the car just staring for a few minutes. Eddie and I shared a look and before anything could be said, she stepped out of the car.

We followed her into Miss Raven's house and I watched her friend pace around with her phone attached to her ear as she yelled at someone in a language I honestly don't understand. Her eyes locked with Miss Grant's eyes and it only took a split second before she hung up the phone. We watched them watch each other for a few moments before Miss Raven made the first move, walking toward her friend and hugged her.

It took exactly three minutes before Miss Grant fell to her knees talking Miss Raven with her resulting in Miss Raven signalling that we should leave, which we did. We went to the kitchen and the moment we both sat down, a heart shattering scream was heard.

I felt my heart clench at the sound of her crying. I never in my life thought I'd be this heartbroken over someone else's heartbreak but I felt it, I hated feeling it, I hated not knowing what to do, I hated not knowing how to make her smile. I don't know when we held hands but by the time I noticed, I began tightening my hold looking for comfort.

"What do you think is wrong with her Vanni?" Eddie asked making me shrug

"I wish I knew, fuck" I said running my free hand through my hair with a sigh as he rubbed the back of my hand.

We sat in silence, listening to the woman we've grown to love crying her heart out in her friend's arms. I wished I could comfort her, I wish we could comfort her. Show her that she can relay on us, depend on us, talk to us, trust us, I want all of this and more. It feels as though Eddie and I are taking great steps forward in our relationship, while our relationship with her is taking a few steps backwards every passing moment.

"Whiskey?" Miss Raven asked as she walked into the kitchen. Miss Grant had stopped crying a few minutes ago but we decided to remain in the kitchen until she was ready to see us.

"We don't drink on the job" I said making her nod and pour herself a glass

"It's not my story to tell so don't ask" she said with a sigh after throwing the whole glass down her throat
"Give her time"

"We understand" I said making her nod and pour another glass

"She's on the coach, I know she hates it when people hover, so I'll be in my office" she said then walked away with the bottle in her hand. Slowly, we made our way to the living room and true to her word, Miss Grant was on the couch asleep.

"What should we do?" I asked him because all I want to do is pick her up and hold her

"Be there for her even when she doesn't want us to be, she may push us away, but we remain there for her even if it's at a distance" he said making me nod, grateful that at least one of us was being reasonable and responsible.
"Come on"

"What?" I asked watching him walk toward her before lifting her head and placing it on his lap

"Let's be here with her until she tells us otherwise" he said smiling at me making me smile back before sitting down with her legs on my lap. I saw her eyes open the moment Eddie moved her head but she didn't saying anything, so we didn't say anything either. We sat there in silence with both Eddie massaging her scalp while I massaged her feet

"I was bullied all throughout my schooling years" Eddie said breaking our silence but shocking the shit out of both of us

"You?" I asked making him chuckle

"Believe it or not, but I was a shy fat kid back then" he said with a smile on his face while my jaw continued hanging
"I only started defending myself during the last half of my matric year. It was pointless and probably stupid to only start defending myself then, but I did it anyway"

"Can I see pictures?" Obsidian asked making Eddie smile down at her

"I'm sure if you asked my father he'd be more than willing to embarrass me" he said making her smile and close her eyes again

"Why didn't I think of that?" I asked myself but the giggle and chuckle that came from the both of them had me smiling like an idiot
"Anyway, I have no hardship stories about high school to share with you both"

"Let me guess, jock?" Obsidian said opening one eye to look at me with a mischievous smile

"You wound me love" I said dramatically placing my hand over my heart
"But yes"

"I knew it" she said before we all laughed together

"Edward already knows this but uh, I was once married" I said and I watched her sit up and give me a wtf look that made me chuckle

"I almost pulled your hair out" Eddie said before moving closer so her upper body could lean on him as he continued massaging her head

"I will admit that I did love her, which is why we got married but I unfortunately overestimated her love for me. She cheated of me with my father and got pregnant which lead to our obvious divorce. I haven't spoken to either one of them since and when we get married, can you both please not cross that boundary by trying to get us to reconcile" I said but they both just stared at me
"What?"

"Marriage?" they both said making me smirk

"Of course, I want a big wedding, outdoors obviously, I want everyone in black and our beautiful wife will be the only one in white. Our best man and your maid of honour will be in the same colour but in different shades then we will be in your favourite colour. I want tears of jealousy coming out of the eyes of all my haters but I bet I'll cry first the moment you walk down the aisle because I'm too emotional" I said but they continued to stare which made me chuckle

"I'm in no rush to get married and will only propose when all three of us are completely comfortable with one another. We still have a long way to go but I'm unwilling to let either one of you go, so I was just putting my future vision into the universe" I said smiling brightly

"You really thought of everything" Obsidian said smiling at me and me nod

"Of course, I even planned on Eddie asking for your father's blessing while I hide out in Alaska until the coast is clear" I said and I was blessed with her beautiful laugh

"Issac is harmless" Eddie said making both Obsidian and I stare at him before we looked at each other and chuckle
"What?"

"Nothing Eddie" she said making his ears turn pink
"He's blushing"

"Shut up" Eddie said making us laugh. We talked some more, laughed even more, told each other about our most embarrassing moments, and somehow moved even closer to a point where Eddie and I were next to each other while she was on top of us

"You're ours now" I said making her laugh

"I don't remember agreeing to that" she said with a smile on her lips

"Doesn't matter" Eddie said making her snort
"I don't think I can hold myself back from touching you anymore"

"You want to touch me?" she asked and I watched Eddies face closely as what he just said registered in his head

"No not like that! I mean yes, no, I mean-" he said making us both laugh as his ears turned pink. I watched him watch us with a smile on his face and I knew in that moment there's no one else I'd want to share either one of them with.

"I know you're both confused and I'm sorry I've been distant, I'm not used to having anyone there for me besides Raven" she said with a small smile

"You don't have to tell us anything" Eddie said making her shake her head

"It's my mothers death anniversary" she said making us hold her tighter

"I'm sorry sweetheart"

"My father knows who killed her but won't tell me, which is why we fight on the day before, if I win I get answers, if he wins I have to figure it out myself" she said with a soft sigh

"Any guess's so far?"

"My grandfather, he hated my mother and showed his hated for me very openly but dad already killed him. Natasha, his wife, but he would have killed her long ago if she did it, so all that leaves me with is that her death could have been a mistake" she said then cleared her throat

"If that's the case, then that leaves one of his other kids, Dominic and uh-"

"Who else love?"

"Raven or himself"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 764 41
Daughter of the most powerful mafia boss in the entire world . Amaya is known as 'Daddy's Killer ' . From the age of 15 , Amaya takes over the job of...
692K 15.6K 41
She is 21 fresh out of college looking for a job as a secretary. Lucky for her, her brothers best friends have a job for her as their own secretary...
53.2K 3.3K 33
"You're joking, right?" I ask, staring back at my father. Hoping like hell this was just a poor and tasteless prank. He narrows his green eyes; a pa...