A missing piece... The other...

By 3HaNaNa3

Salvatore Smith meets a woman with whom he shared few nights after loosing his wife. It was 12 years ago, sh... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - Fumiko Tanaka...
Chapter 2 - Make a choice...
Chapter 3 - I am your father...
Chapter 4 - Strangers...
Chapter 5 - Give me a chance...
Chapter 6 - She was murdered...
Chapter 7 - Time to say Goodbye...
Chapter 8 - Make your choice...
Chapter 9 - One day after another...
Chapter 10 - New School...
Chapter 11 - New friend...
Chapter 12 - Where is Suki???
Chapter 14 - School bully...
Chapter 15 - Otô-san...
Chapter 16 - Normal days...
Chapter 17 - A day with you...
Chapter 18 - Paparazzi...
Chapter 19 - Takeshiro Tanaka...
Chapter 20 - Happy birthday Mom...
Chapter 21 - Unexpected visit...
Chapter 22 - Gianni's training...
Chapter 23 - Weird...
Chapter 24 - Fight at school...
Chapter 25 - Valentina...
Chapter 26 - Uncle's attack...
Chapter 27 - Feelings...
Chapter 28 - Long night...
Chapter 29 - Mr Rossi...
Chapter 30 - The package...
Chapter 31 - Back to school...
Chapter 32 - School Festival?

Chapter 13 - Onii-san...

2.5K 98 11
By 3HaNaNa3

When Salvatore and Gabriel left Suki's bedroom, the little girl went to take a long shower. She wanted to forget what happened, but it was stuck in her head. That pervert almost assaulted her. She put comfortable clothes and put her hair in a messy bun.

Then, she wanted to clean her uniform. She could have put it in the laundry but no, she needed to clean it now, by herself, as to erase every traces of what happened earlier. She was focused on her task when someone pushed the half-opened door of the bathroom. 

Enzo: Suki... what are you doing? (He came closer.) Dad is waiting for you downstairs to have dinner... you don't need to do that now!

Suki: (She didn't stop and answered without looking at him.) I'm almost done...

Enzo: (He grabbed her arm to make her stop.) Stop! Look at your hands, they are red! Why are you doing that right now? The maid can clean it later... (She looked at him with teary eyes.) Are... are you okay? Does your... injuries hurt?

Suki stayed silent but she was still looking at her brother. She had never stared at him like that before and it disconcerted him.

Enzo: Eh... say something!

Suki: I... I...

Enzo: (He was still holding her arm and dragged her downstairs.) Dad... is waiting for you... let's go!

Enzo didn't know what to say to the little girl. He saw her distress. She was usually quiet, the discreet type but it was something else this time. He didn't have heard details about what happened, but he was sure that it was serious enough to have break something in her.

The young man dragged her to the dining room where they were all waiting for her. Salvatore was a bit worried when he saw Enzo dragging her into the room, but he quickly noticed that his son was not hurting Suki in his doing.

Enzo: Here... sit! She was cleaning her uniform for so long and so toughly that her hands are red!

Salvatore: Thank you, Enzo. (He looked at Suki who was staring at the plate in front of her.) Suki, look at me. (She lifted her head.) Do you feel better?  

Suki stared at her father the same way she stared at Enzo few minutes earlier. She was uncomfortable to feel all those gazes on her. Why were they still there, without even a plate of food in front of them? Only the eldest sons and her father were served. So why hadn't they left already?

In fact, Salvatore requested their presence. They were a family, for the best or the worst. And the worst, in that case, was the result of one of their faults. They had to face the consequence of their choices, of what it did on that little human, with their own eyes.

Salvatore was not sure if this way, his youngest sons would change their mind regarding his daughter, but he wanted to try. He wanted to give them a chance to reflect on themselves.

Salvatore: Gianni... (His voice was cold and serious.)

Gianni: Kid, listen... I'm sorry... I never planned to let you other there... I was focused on something else... (Gabriel and Salvatore glared at him.)... but it doesn't excuse my mistake.

Suki was looking at that giant man, with all his tattoos, that was apologizing to her, in his own way, a bit awkwardly. Her attention was attracted to Gianni's right hand who was showing traces of hits. She deducted that he was the one who saved her from that man.

Gianni: Did you hear me?!

Suki: (She started.) Yes... I'm sorry... and thank you...

Gianni: ... hum...

Salvatore: Suki, I am sorry that incident happened and as I already told you, no one plans to send you away. This is your home; we are your family. I promise you that such situation will never occur in the future. (He looked at his sons and no one commented.) Enzo, Davide, Vito, you already had dinner, so I guess, you can leave the table. Gabriel, please, help your sister to serve herself.

Gabriel put things to eat in Suki's plate and even if she was not hungry, the little girl felt obliged to nourish herself.

The dinner was taken quietly and when she was done, Suki excused herself and went to her bedroom. She was exhausted but at the same time, not sure to be able to sleep.

Salvatore was not done with his sons. The little moment at the dining table was only to help Suki to feel better. He decided to change his approach with his sons to a tougher one. So, when he thought that his daughter was asleep, he asked everyone to come to the living room for a serious talk.

When Enzo asked what happened exactly, the head of the family was completely honest and even if they had animosity for the little girl, Davide and Vito were not monster regarding that subject. No man could assault a woman or even worst a kid without facing death. It was one of their rules.

During the entire discussion, Gianni stayed silent, consumed by guilt. Later, he grabbed a bottle of Vodka and Dante joined him to talk.

The two brothers stayed until 2.00am in that quiet atmosphere, until the discreet feet of a little girl were heard. Dante put his glass on the table and stood up. Suki was walking in the darkness of the corridor toward the kitchen. She was surprised when her brother's voice resonated and startled.

Dante: What are you doing here at this time? (The light from the living room enlightened the corridor.) Did you cry? (Her eyes were red.)

Suki: I... I just want water... Sorry if I woke you up...

Dante: Follow me. (He passed in front of her.)

Gianni: (He talked in her back.) What's going on? (Suki turned to face him, startled once again.) Why are you not sleeping?

Dante: She wants water... (He disappeared in the kitchen.)

Gianni: Are you okay? (He stared at her.) Did you... did you have a nightmare? (She shyly nodded.) Do you want me to wake up my Dad? (She shook her head and wiped the tears coming down.) The fu**... don't cry... (He passed his injured hand on his face.)

Dante came back with a bottle of water. The little girl was standing in front of an annoyed Gianni, a bit drunk, and not knowing how to deal with a kid. The guilty feeling of what happened still present.

Dante: Here, your water, now go back to your room... and try to sleep.

Suki: Thank you... (She was barely holding her tears.)

Dante: Eh... nothing will happen here... so relax... (She nodded and left.)

Gianni: Should we inform Dad?

Dante: It's not going to change anything now... with time, she will overcome it... and if she wants to survive in this world, she has to become stronger...

Gianni: Your attitude toward her changed...

Dante: (He stared at his brother.)Time to sleep, good night.

Dante would not admit that he felt less anger regarding that illegitimate child, even if it was the case. He was too proud for that. Gianni also went to his bedroom and, him too, had difficulties to sleep. Suki let her bedside light on the entire time and felt asleep around 3.am.

The next day, Suki didn't wake up early. Her father stopped by her bedroom, and he found her curled under her blanket with the light on. When he approached her bed, she woke up in a hurry and immediately crawled back from her position, almost falling on the other side. 

Salvatore: Suki, it's just me... (He sat at the border of her bed.) Did you have difficulties to sleep? You seem tired... I didn't mean to wake you up, so if you want you can rest more.

Suki: What... what time is it?

Salvatore: Almost 11.00am. Are you hungry?

Suki: 11.00am? I'm sorry, I slept too late... (She was about to stand up, but Salvatore stopped her.)

Salvatore: Hold on... why are you apologizing all the time? You are free to sleep as much as you want, even more, if you need it. Suki, you are the only daughter of this family, please try to accept that and start to live like that. I know that all of your brothers didn't welcome you with open arms but I'm sure that things can only be better.

Suki was staring at her father, and she shyly smiled at his words. 

Salvatore: I can't wait to hear you calling me Dad... But I am not pressuring you, it's just that... it would mean a lot to me... (Suki didn't say anything, only continued to stare at his green eyes.)... so, do you want to sleep more or have breakfast?

Suki: I'm going to shower. 

Suki stood up quickly and entered her bathroom. She had pinky cheeks and Salvatore noticed it. He smiled, feeling that she was accepting him slowly. He told her that he was going downstairs and left her room. When he entered the living room, Valentina, his girlfriend, was there, typing on her mobile. 

Salvatore: Valentina, what are you doing here?

Valentina Rossi: Salvatore, are you not happy to see me? Did you forget that we have a brunch today at Mefisto Hotel?

Salvatore: It completely slipped my mind.

Valentina Rossi: My father is going to join us directly at the hotel. Do you plan to have Gabriel coming with us?

Salvatore: I didn't talk about that with him.

Salvatore texted Gabriel who was doing workout with Dante at the gym room. They joined their father few minutes later and Suki came downstairs at the same time.

The two brothers were shirtless, and Suki was surprised to see them like that. Even more to discover that they also had several tattoos on their chest, arms or back. They were also pretty muscular. Not as much as Gianni but it was clear that they took care of themselves.

The little girl was wondering if her father and her other brothers were also tattooed. Suki was taken back from her thoughts when Gabriel patted her head to greet her.

Gabriel: Little one, did you sleep well? (She nodded.) Good.

Suki said "Hi" to Dante and he nodded in response. They entered the living room and the little girl spotted Valentina. She didn't want to embarrassed her father, so she politely greeted her with a bow. 

Suki: Hello Madam.

Valentina Rossi: Hum... (She stared at Suki from head to toe.)

Salvatore: Suki, you should go take your breakfast, Aldo prepared everything in the kitchen. (She shyly smiled to him and left.)

Valentina Rossi: Seeing you with that kid, I guess I can expect to bear a child of yours very soon...

The three men looked at her with astonish gazes. Did that woman really think that one day, Salvatore would have a child with her? Dante let escape a laugh and left to the kitchen too. Gabriel glared at Valentina then looked at his father to hear his answer that came like a cold knife into Valentina's heart. 

Salvatore: It's never going to happen, so take that idea out of your head!

Gabriel smirked, he was satisfied, even more at the face Valentina was now showing. She was hurt, humiliated, once again.

Valentina Rossi: Are you kidding me? I want a child; my father wants an heir for his business! You have to give me a child! (She yelled with anger.)

Salvatore: Change your tone to talk to me! I don't owe you anything and if you keep that attitude, I will end everything!

Salvatore talked way more loudly than he usually did with her.

In the kitchen, Suki startled when she heard Valentina yelling. She looked in direction of the living room, worried and the loud voice of her father that followed, didn't reassure her. 

Dante, that just entered the kitchen, put his hand on her head and turned it to make her focus her attention on her food.

Dante: Eat your food and don't listen to adults' conversation...

Suki: Sorry... I... I have the feeling that Mr Salvatore is arguing with his girlfriend because... of me...

Dante grabbed a bottle of juice in the fridge and sat opposite to Suki. She looked at him, surprised that he sat in front of her.

Dante: Mr Salvatore, as you say, is a grown man. He can manage his own relationship as he wants... and that idiot will not last long if she continues to piss him off. (She looked at him with big eyes.) What? You're shocked because I said that she is an idiot? (He chuckled.) I use that word only because you are here. If Mr Salvatore hears me cursing in front of you, I'm good for a long speech! 

Dante finished his juice in one sip. It was probably the longest talk he had with the little girl, and he was clearly making fun of her with the way he used her way to name his father, Mr Salvatore. But at least, he talked to her without hate or anger. Suki ate the fruits salad prepared by Aldo, but her gaze was attracted by Dante and his huge tattoos. She was intrigued.

Dante: My body is more interesting than your food?

Suki: (She looked up.) Ah... Sorry...

Gabriel entered the kitchen and made himself a cup of coffee.

Gabriel: Why is she apologizing for?

Dante: She is staring at my tattoos like if she never saw tattoos in her life... or maybe she didn't...

Gabriel: Suki... (She looked at him.)... You are not afraid because of our tattoos, right? Or is it because Dante and I are shirtless?

Suki: It's a bit weird... yes. (She was blushing a little.)

Gabriel: Sorry, we didn't want you to be uncomfortable. We will be more careful next time.

Suki: No... you don't have to... just because of me. (Gabriel smiled but Dante shook his head.) Does... does it hurt a lot?

Gabriel was nicely surprised that Suki dared to question him. 

Gabriel: What? To being tattooed? Yes, it does. Well, the intensity of the pain varies depending on the area... but why, do you plan to have a tattoo too?

Suki: Ah... no... but it looks good... on you... the drawings are nice...

Dante: I'm going to shower and wear something that will cover my nice drawings... (He left with a smirk on his face.)

Gabriel: Dante seems to have change his mind about you.

Suki: I don't think so...

Gabriel: I find him nicer than few days ago. I think that he is used to have you around and he sees that it doesn't bother him that much. (Suki showed a little smile.) It's a good start.

Suki: Onii-san... can I ask why... you accepted me immediately when you found out... about me? (She asked with a little voice.)

Gabriel: You can ask me anything and I will answer you as much as I can, but first, what does Onii-san mean? You used that word last night.

Suki: (She blushed a lot.) Onii-san... means big brother...

Seeing the little girl shyness, Gabriel blushed a little too and smiled.

Gabriel: Hum... Just like you finally consider me your older brother, you are my little sister... and the fact that we don't have the same mother is not important for me... and I think that being the only two with that eyes color is a special link between us, the oldest and the youngest...

Suki looked at Gabriel with shining eyes and he stared back for few seconds. He could keep his gaze on them for hours. They suited her so well, with her eyes in almond shapes and her long black hair. Gabriel also had dark hair and it made their eyes in value even more.

Gabriel: Otherwise, what do you plan to do today? (He took a sip of his coffee and she shrugged.) If you need something or want to do something, please tell us. (She smiled and nodded.) I'm going to shower and wear something more, than a simple sport short. 

He patted her head and left. The little girl had finished her late breakfast, and she cleaned her plate while Aldo was busy preparing lunch. The Chef repeated her that it was his job, but she only smiled as an answer.

Then, she passed by the living room, expecting to see Salvatore but he was not there. Only Valentina was comfortably sitting on one of the couch. The little girl was not at ease to stay in the same room with her. She quickly left under the dark glare of the woman.

After changing for a more formal outfit, Salvatore left the house with Valentina to go to their brunch. He would have preferred to stay at home and try to bond with his daughter, but his obligation called for him.

Gabriel refused to go with them, not in good term with his father's fiancée since she disrespected Suki.

Gianni disappeared the entire day. He stopped by the old building and asked the person in charge of the works to find a new team to fix the power issues. Then he called one of his men to train with him. He needed to let go of the feeling of guilt that he had inside since last night. Punching that pervert guy was not enough to release his anger. He came home only very late at night.

And he found himself doing something unexpected. He stopped by Suki's bedroom, just to see with his own eyes that she was really here.

The Sunday was also quiet for Suki. She mostly stayed in her room and only took some time to play piano. She felt better and only had one nightmare during the night. She read a little in her phone and fell asleep.

***************************************************

On Monday morning, Salvatore arranged his morning to have time to drive Suki to school. During the ride, Salvatore questioned her about school and the little girl told him that she made a friend, a boy of the same age but from another class.

Salvatore: A boy? And what is the name of that boy?

Suki: Haru... Campbell. His mother is Korean and his father Afro-American. At first, I thought that he was half Japanese because of his surname. He showed me the Arts' room, it was... cool.

Salvatore was glad that his daughter felt more at ease to talk with him. She was speaking openly with him, not suspecting that her father was collecting information about that friend to make a background check on him and his family. No threat was permitted around his only daughter.

Salvatore: I am happy to hear that you made a friend.  

Salvatore parked in front of the school. Suki thanked him and got off the car. After closing the door, she smiled and made a little sign of the hand to say goodbye before heading to the school entry. Salvatore didn't leave but also got off the car. He wanted to meet the school director and know if Suki's first days at school went well.

When he crossed the entry gate, the school guard called the director to inform him of Salvatore's visit. Less than a minute later, while Salvatore was walking toward his office, an old man came to his encounter with a tensed smile.

School Director – Mr John: Mr Smith, my secretary didn't inform me of your visit. Is there something wrong with one of your children?

Salvatore: Not that I know. Relax Mr John, I only came by, to talk about my daughter Suki and her integration to your school.

Mr John: Sure, please, let's go to my office. Do you want a coffee?

Salvatore: No, I'm good, thank you.

Salvatore asked the questions he had in mind about his daughter, and he didn't really receive satisfying answers. The school director was pretty vague because he didn't pay more attention than that to Suki's first days... sincerely not a wise choice. Salvatore didn't hide his dissatisfaction. He asked to meet her homeroom teacher at the end of the week and expected more accurate information at that time.

He left the director office and returned to his car. When he passed the gate, most of the students were already in class but some of them, were still roaming outside. Among them, a very familiar face for Salvatore, his youngest son. The young boy was busy kissing his girlfriend. Salvatore approached and cleared his throat to inform of his presence.

Salvatore: Hum hum... Vito, are you not supposed to be in class at this hour? You're late.

Vito: (He pushed Amanda, embarrassed.) Dad... what are you doing here?

Salvatore: I drove Suki to school. You should pay more interest in your studies instead of... this... (His tone was a bit cold.)

Amanda was embarrassed to meet her boyfriend's father in those conditions. She saw his cold gaze toward her. She wanted to do a good impression on him, so she smiled and greeted him.

Amanda: Good morning Mr Smith, my name is Amanda, I am Vito's girlfriend. Nice to meet you.

Salvatore: Hum... both of you should head to your classes. 

Salvatore got in his car and left to his company. 

Amanda: (She took Vito's arm.) Babe... That Suki that your father dropped here, isn't she that Asian nerd that just joined our school? Why did he drive her here? You know her?

Vito: Hum...

Amanda: Really? (She looked at him.) Why didn't you tell me? Who is she for you? Does your family sponsor her or something? I was sure that she was a poor girl... nothing more than a charity's obligation!

Vito: (He chuckled, amused.) Sure... tell my Dad that his daughter is one of those poor kids that receive money from the social services... he will love it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.7K 510 22
Alexandra Rossi is the only daughter of the Rossi family.the Rossi's own one of the most powerful mafia in the world.the Italian mafia.Alexandra's mo...
4.1M 88.2K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
384K 8.9K 24
She was just a girl who wanted to know about her real family. He was just a boy who stay in his bestfriend's house more than his own foster parents'...
728K 17K 74
Book 1 of the 𝕱𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖇 series {Duology} 𖤓 𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢...