The Young Justice

Mask_of_Happiness által

Perseus Jackson was many things. She had seen many things and that of course included her figuring out Batman... Több

Info and Disclaimer (Edited-Read)
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
Events of the Past
12
How Percy Found Out She Was a Demigod
13
14
15
16
17
18

5

706 17 11
Mask_of_Happiness által

Mount Justice

August 8th 2010, 09:58

The team, except Wally, were all chilling on the beach. Robin and Fury had sunglasses on, of course. 

They swam, had some races, played volleyball—which usually was 2v2—and relaxed while eating sausages and cookies.

"These are delicious cookies! Who made them?" M'gann asked as she muched on a blue cookie.

"My mom and I. Blue food is a tradition in our family," Fury answered.

"Why didn't Robin help you guys?" Superboy asked.

"Because this was my mom and I. Robin doesn't live with us," Fury answered. Superboy's eyes widened, Aqualad looked thoroughly shocked and M'gann spat out her cookie.

"You guys aren't siblings?! But Batman trained both of-"

M'gann was cut off by laughter.

"Batman may have trained us..."

"...but I'm a family friend, not his daughter!"

Robin started and Fury finished, both smirking at each other, mischief shining in the sunglass-covered eyes.

The five dispersed to chill, and Fury took off her sunglasses for a second. Her eyes were a deep sea blue and the not the usual sea green.

"Your eyes changed colour," Robin observed.

"Yeah. That happens when I'm near different bodies of liquid. A side affect of my dad. Being near different liquids makes my eyes change to that liquid's colour. If there are several types of liquids, it is the liquid that is of the highest amount in the area," she answered, taking a sip of her drink.

AN: Read a headcanon that Percy's eyes change colour to mach the nearest liquid body and I decided to incorporate that because sounds cool.

Aqualad started walking back to them and she quickly put her sunglasses back on.

------

"Recognized: Kid Flash, B04."

Wally walked in with beach stuff, then tripped and fell.

"Soooo," Fury cleared her throat, "Wall-man was it? I had no idea we were initiating a clutz."

Robin started laughing as Fury grinned at Wally. Wally shot her a glare, which had absolutely no effect on her. He realised he would not win this fight.

Then Speed- No, Red Arrow entered.

"Wow, Red Arrow, That's really innovative Roy," Fury drawled and Roy shot her a look—that was ignored by said sarcastic remarker.

Then RA started talking about being replaceable, which was shot down by Aqualad. 

Then a doctor was brought up.

Yeah, I have no interest in listening to the full conversation and the author is unmotivated to write everything. Just the key bits are being picked out, Fury explained to the readers.

RA left after explaining everything. He left on a bitter note, a glare at Artemis and making sure the system updated his name.

------

Happy Harbour

August 8th 2010, 21:53

"Miss Martian, link us up. We do not want the shadows intercepting our comm," Aqualad ordered through the comms.

Fury felt a prodding at her mind at let down a mental barrier, making sure to hold back memories and other feelings.

Everyone online? MM asked over the link. She was sitting on the roof and keeping watch.

Oh, this is weird, Artemis thought, touching her head.

And distracting, Dr. Roquette thought. Coding a distributed algorithm virus on a kiddie computer with less RAM then a wristwatch is hard enough. Now I have to hear teens think in my skull!

I suggest you cotinue working on that algorithm and don't camplain. This is for your safety, Fury replied with a sigh. She was on patrol because if she was near the computer, monsters would have been attracted, which would not have been helpful.

Fury listened to the first part of the argument between KF and Artemis with a groan.

Shut it, the both of you! Acting like children when we're trying to do a mission is unhelpful and silly. If neither of you can get along, work together or not argue for five minutes I will toss you both into a broom closet for 12 hours! Fury shouted and they shut up immediately.

I had no idea Fury could be this scary, KF thought several minutes later.

Well, she is called Fury for a reason. But, you should be more worried when she isn't cracking jokes, shouting or smirking. When she's really angry, she is impossible to hear. She creeps up on you and you don't even know what hit you, Robin replied with a sinister smirk aimed at KF.

Shut it, Rob.

Sorry Fury, he thought back meekly.

I'll go and help on patrol with Superboy, Miss M and Fury, Artemis thought after a minute.

Good idea, Aqualad agreed.

A few minutes later Artemis thought something wildly inappropriate.

Robin and Superboy went off in oursuit of the Fog that Dr. Roquette had tracked. The other five stayed behind.

Fury had a bad feeling. There was something wrong, very wrong. Wally hadn't thought in a while and-

We are under attack in the computer lab!

There it was. Fury was gone in seconds when she sensed something in the swimming pool.

"Miss M, go help Aqualad. I'll go to the pool!" She shouted as she passed Miss Martian. MM nodded and flew away while Fury entered the room.

She controlled the water to levitate KF out of the pool—her scars glowing as she used her powers, onto the poolside and pulled the water out of KF. He spluttered and then coughed some water.

AN: Another headcanon I decided to incorporate because imagine when she reveals her heritage and everyone is mesmorised by her glowing scars.

She dropped the water back into the pool and ran to his side.

"Are you ok?"

"Jus' fine beau'iful," he murmured then shot awake at a sharp slap.

"Better? And, I'm sorry for slapping you but I needed to wake you up," Fury said.

"It's fine I guess," KF answered and they both ran out the room.

"Maybe a little too interesting," the cat–masked woman (not catwoman unfortunately) remarked as she took out a flash bomb.

She was gone in a flash and a puff of smoke.

Then KF started blaming Artemis, which was quickly shot down by MM and Fury.

"Besides, I can't be mad at you two," he smirked at MM—not Fury. Fury saved me and you're beautiful, he thought.

We heard that! Artemis and MM thought angrily.

Fury rolled her eyes and sat down on a desk.

Then Robin reported that the S.T.A.R. Labs building was destroyed and all the intel probably gone. Fury felt a headache coming on from all these problems.

Aqualad gave the order to track where the Fog would be next and that they were moving the Doctor.

------

Fury stood next to the doctor, but was also spreading her senes as much as she could.

The decoy was in another building, with MM acting as the doctor. Fury was the real doctor's giard just in case.

Aqualad just arrived and he looked at Roquette.

"I almost got it," she announced to the two water controlers, except one's powers aren't secret and the other's is.

Then Fury sensed someone coming towards the building.

"We have company," she whispered to Aqualad. "I'll go outside to try and deal with them, keep the doctor safe."

Aqualad nodded and Fury exited with silent footsteps. When she arrived she saw Artemis knocked out and the other person was nowhere.

Cursing every god Fury knew, she jumped down from the roof and made her way back to the cuilding to see Roquette being held at sai point.

AN: A sai is a traditional close contact martial arts weapon used for both striking and blocking.

Fury watched for a second longer before jumping down, on top of cat–mask.

Cat–mask threw her off and stepped back.

Fury jumped forward and was met by a sai.

"You're skilled," the lady purred as Fury blocked another jab and tried to sweep the cat lady.

"What's your name, cat–obsessed lady?" Fury askked as she delivered a well aimed punch, which caused cat–mask to stumble back.

"Cheshire," she answered, then Fury noticed the flash bomb she held.

Fury tried to cut Cheshire's arm, but just missed. The bomb went off and Cheshire was gone.

Fury shook her head and ran to Aqualad's side, slung an arm over her shoulder and let him lean on her as she, Roquette and Aqualad walked—in Aqualad's case, stumbled—out the building.

"She, uh... She got away," Artemis answered Aqualad's inquiry.

Fury's eyes narrowed at the obvious lie. Hesitation and avoidance of eye–contact? Yep, Artemis was hiding something.

Then again, so am I so I can't judge. However, this blatant lie about Cheshire getting away, I wonder... Fury shook her head and looked down.

Cheshire's mask was on the floor, and Fury's eyes narrowed further—if possible.

"It was dark," Artemis defended angrily.

I don't buy that, Fury thought, but decided not to pry.

Aqualad welcomed Artemis and Fury put on a show smile so that Artemis didn't see her suspicion.

"Nice to have another girl on the team. Can't wait for all the chaos we can cause," Fury said with a wink and Artemis smiled back.

------

Percy bit her apple and smiled at her mother, who was writing down ideas for her book.

"Hey mom."

"Hey honey. How was the mission?" Sally asked in return.

"Good. We got a new teammate, who can use a bow and her name is Artemis. Ironic, isn't it?" Percy answered, taking another bite of her apple.

Sally chuckled, ruffling Percy's already messy hair. "Your birthday is in ten days, so what do you want to do?" Sally asked.

Percy spat out the piece of apple she was chewing and stared at her mom. "Wait! It's the eighth of August?!"

"Yes it is, Percy. Now clean that up," Sally answered and Percy immediately did.

"Ok, I want to go to the beach with you, Bruce, Dick and Alfred. Grover can't because he told me last week he is on an important mission, I think there's some demigods he's looking for. Annabeth and Thalia can't because they're busy that week, so guess it would just be us five," Percy told Sally and Sally nodded.

Alright, I'll organize something with Bruce."

"Thanks mom." Percy yawned, finished her apple and threw away the core then trudged to her room and had a shower.

She collapsed in her bed and woke an hour later to screaming from her dreams.

Holding her head, Percy walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass. She filled it up with water and drank it, then sat and started cheking Artemis' file.

Percy had been right to suspect the girl.

Not GA's niece, obviously, but she is skilled. Her mom's history is... messy. Dad and sister are... what the Hades?! So that's why– Oh my gods!

She shook her head, closed the file and went to grab a blue cookie that was left over from yesterday's baking.

She made herself a cup of chamomile tea—Alfred had gotten her hooked and tea tasted pretty good at odd hours in the morning—then curled up on the couch with a book called Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

264K 8.2K 61
(before I begin this is my first story, and second all the art is mine created purely for this story) Persephone Jackson, or better known as Percy ha...
35.6K 1.1K 35
After an argument with her stepmom Annabeth Chase runs off again only to meet Barbra Gordon who she realizes is hiding something. Soon Annabeth is pu...
966K 26.1K 73
Perseus Jackson is not a perfect hero, but a scarred, broken, and battle-hardened demigod, the only survivor of The Seven after the Last War. Blamin...
129K 3.4K 26
Persephone Jackson use to be happy before she found out she was a demigod because she had a close friend Bruce Wayne. But them she became a demigod a...