Issei: Into the Isseiverse

By RageRevan

After the group escapes from the Backrooms, Issei and his new friends all decided to deal with some issues ba... More

Prologue(Part 1): Welcome Home
Prologue(Part 2): Settling Scores
Chapter 1: The Collider
Chapter 2: Another Issei?
Chapter 3: Different Realities
Chapter 4: Confrontation with Hades
Chapter 5: Magic and Guns
Chapter 6: Dance of Blades

Character Information

1.8K 30 19
By RageRevan

Here is the information of all the characters that were in the Backrooms as well as their pasts

Non-Entity Characters: 

Issei Hyoudou:

The youngest child of the Hyoudou Family, the Red Dragon Emperor and the younger brother of Mari Hyoudou. The Leader of Issei's group and Peerage. He is the former member of the Gremory Peerage and the Occult Research Club. He had left due to Rias not letting him confess properly and everyone else minus Ravel double downing on a bad situation. Despite this they never learnt to apologise even after his return. Issei ran away and was present in the park where he fell into the Backrooms alongside Ravel who was present to calm him down. 

He eventually found new companionship in the form of Ravel Phenex, Jaune Arc, Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Naofumi Iwatani, Raphtalia, Ingvild Leviathan, Jade Arc, Summer Rose, Yasaka and Heinz Bernadotte. 

Issei and his group, led by Issei was able to maneuver through the Backrooms, keeping his team and allies alive while being able to leave successfully even when The Redacted Watcher and his allies tried their best to  stop them and drive them insane. 

One of the most quality traits of Issei is quickly able to plan, intuition and persistence, that was able to keep his friends and allies alive and well. Additionally his kindness, compassion and good-natured attributes was also able to get the admiration of his friends, and the love of his lovers. Even those that are from M.E.G remember and cherish him a lot, which includes other members of his alliance. 

However he is ruthless and cold to those that harm his friends and those that hurt him or his friends even in the past. But despite this, he can still be reasonable towards others, which was true when he tried to reason with Alexandria, only for her to not even hear him. 

Semblance: Dragonforce

Dragonforce is Issei's Semblance. This semblance of his allows him to transform into a Dragonoid being, which allows him to increase his strength, agility, stamina, durability, magical potency, magical ability and tenacity. There are different stages to this Semblance and with each stage he unlocks a new elemental manipulation and further increases his stats. Known stages are: 

Stage 1: Allows only Fire and Wind Manipulation. 

Stage 2: Allows Earth Manipulation and better Fire and Wind Manipulation. The User can also use Lava and Sand Manipulation

Stage 3: Allows Water Manipulation and way better Fire, Wind and Earth Manipulation than Stage 2 Manipulation. The user can also combine the elements to use Sludge Manipulation, Steam Manipulation and Storm Manipulation. 

Stage 4: Allows Electric Manipulation and best Fire and Wind Manipulation and way better Water and Earth Manipulation, . The user has not yet discovered any combination to unlocking combination elements. 

There is a unknown final stage that allowed Issei to use it's power with the Gear to defeat the watcher. Additionally Issei is not the only one that can use this Semblance, Ddraig also can due to their souls being interconnected. 

One major weakness of this Semblance is it's berserker mode, which makes the user lose complete control of themselves and their sanity, they become into mindless beasts that will rampage and destroy everything if they lose control. The only way is to exhaust the User's aura to stop this. 

Issei also has a weakness, he lets his emotions get the better of him sometimes preventing to properly and rationally think at times. As a result he is prone to making mistakes and as a result he and everyone around him suffers. 

Ravel Phenex:

The youngest daughter of the Phenex Clan and the former bishop of Riser Phenex's peerage. Ravel started off as a spoiled, arrogant and snobbish during her debut, but is later revealed to be a well-mannered, modest, elegant, and polite young girl, but shown to be initially harsh towards those whom she dislikes. She partially blamed herself for the misunderstanding that had happened between Issei and the Gremory peerage, but Issei assured her it was Rias's fault for jumping to conclusions. 

She was the first to fall for Issei amongst the girls not including the Kuoh Academy students, however on surface she often depicts mannerisms akin to the famous stereotype Tsundere. However, she is a strategically capable and is skilled in management and is known to be quite ruthless and cunning. 

One of Ravel's most well known traits is her absolute loyalty to those she cares for, which was first attributed towards her former master Riser and eventually her current master Issei. This is also extended to Issei's allies and friends as well. 

Semblance: Rebirth

Ravel's Semblance allows her to instantaneously regenerate her aura back to 100% if it is depleted, basically a sort of revival incase her aura reaches below 1%. It is one of the Few Semblances that is not Aura Dependent, additionally it also allows her to use Aura Techniques at less Aura Cost as opposed to what normal Semblance users can perform. 

One major weakness of this Semblance is that it has a sort of cooldown timer to when the Semblance reactivates. During this cooldown timer, Ravel is vulnerable to injuries which would normally be healed by aura. 

Ravel's weakness is that she is fragile hearted and she will lose faith if her stronger allies get defeated, additionally she is also snobby and childish during certain scenarios. 

Jaune Arc:

The Youngest of the Arc Siblings, and the youngest child of Juniper and Nicholas Arc. At least, that was what he was before he was disowned for faking his way into Beacon. The Arc Clan which was a clan that prioritized family over reputation had become the very thing they had despised. Except for a few he had no one that loved him. 

In Beacon, almost everyone made his life a living hell, torture, bullying, harassment and even almost murder. This was all present, except for a select few, no one cared for him, this caused him to become bitter. 

The only few were the Professors, the Headmaster, General Ironwood, Yuri Winterflake, Ruby, Yang, Cardin, Team CFVY and Blake, along with Saphron and the Terra-Cotta Arcs. However just as he was trying his best to explain to his family, two Arcs Baldor and Kranz personally decided to teach him a lesson and leave him on Death's door before he along with Ruby Rose and Yang were taken to the Backrooms to meet with the rest of the group. 

Jaune's major traits are his Strategical and Tactical Prowess and Potency to Learn, making him a capable warrior, he was initially kind, compassionate and helpful to everyone, but after the exposure, that was limited to only a certain few people. He also had an added figment of ruthlessness due to the Backrooms, as he killed anyone that would harm him or his allies and friends. 

Semblance: Aura Amplification

Jaune's Semblance allows him to amplify his own Aura and that of others. It also allows him to amplify someone's Aura and Semblance, effectively increasing the effects of Aura. When amplifying his own Aura, he can also boost his own aura. 

Jaune can use his Semblance to accelerate the healing effects of Aura and intensify another person's Semblance. The amplification accelerates the healing ability of the recipient's Aura, allowing it to heal extremely serious wounds, such as a broken arm or a stab wound in the stomach. 

His Semblance can also amplify the effects of another person's Semblance

However one major weakness is that once Jaune's aura is shattered he cannot use his Semblance to restore it. 

Similar to Issei, Jaune also has a similar weakness, he lets his emotions get the better of him sometimes preventing to properly and rationally think at times. As a result he is prone to making mistakes and as a result he and everyone around him suffers. 

Ruby Rose:

The daughter of Taiyang Xiao Long and Summer Rose, and the younger sister of Yang Xiao Long. She was initially dreaming to be a hero, like her mother Summer Rose had done, as a result she wanted to join the Huntsman Academy that being Beacon. Due to being a prodigy, she was considered to be taken in at a very early age, due to the Headmaster being Ozpin. 

When Jaune's transcripts were revealed, she did not abandon him like most of his friends, while Yang was a bit weary, Ruby was not and she trusted him. She cared for him like she was still his friend, and they eventually became close. When they fell into the Backrooms, along with Yang, their relationship only strengthened. 

Additionally, Ruby started to stop seeing Weiss as a friend when she was acting more cold and aggressive towards Jaune and later even her as well. She is not a fan of violence or killing, but she wouldn't mind doing it if necessary. 

When she was in the Backrooms, she had a hard reality check when she was nearly killed by an Wretch for sparing it, due to being a human, and Issei, Yang and Jaune had to save her from it. Ever since that day, she changed herself for the better, becoming more ruthless and killing those if it meant she and her allies would have to survive. She knew that she must make it out alive so that she can see the world one day. 

Semblance: Petal Burst

Ruby's Semblance, Petal Burst (also called Speed), allows her to dash with an inhuman speed in whatever direction she chooses, often leaving trails of rose petals in her wake. Ruby is shown to be capable of creating powerful tailwinds with her Semblance; if she gathers enough momentum, the resulting turbulence is capable of lifting people and objects off the ground. Ruby can also grab hold of other people or objects and carry them off at high speeds with her Semblance.

Thanks to further training under her mother's best friend Sonya Blade, she came to know her Semblance is even more stronger, as she can disassemble herself on a molecular level and go through tiny crevices and obstacles. 

There are two weaknesses to this Semblance, Ruby struggles with heavy loads and she needs full concentration to perform the Semblance, otherwise she may falter and lose control. 

One general weakness Ruby had before coming into the Backrooms was that she was predictable which allowed enemies to outsmart and deal with her efficiently. 

Yang Xiao Long:

The daughter of Raven Branwen and Taiyang Xiao Long, Yang Xiao Long is a simple minded person, often known to be a loving older sister to Ruby and a caring friend to all those that she cares for. She is often supportive of Ruby Rose and cares for her, as well as being overprotective of her. She is also very straightforward and confident.

Yang is also described as being a cheerful, energetic, and bright young lady. She is arguably the most flippant, carefree, and adventurous member of her team, frequently making sarcastic comments and jokes even in the heat of battle and often taking combat and hostile situations lightly. Yang is very sociable and extroverted, even in unfamiliar situations. Yang's love of adventure is the main reason that she decided to become a Huntress. Blake considers Yang the personification of the word "strength".

Due to being familiar with the Criminal Underworld from a young age, as a result she is weary of those that are even affiliated with them. This was true for Jaune, as she was weary of him for a while. But due to him proving himself to be better than what she saw, she eventually started to care for him and even went against Weiss to protect him. 

She along with Ruby saved him from death when Baldor and Kranz nearly killed him, they were horrified that their own family wants them dead. 

When she fell into the Backrooms, she learnt a few things, one of them was to keep her anger in check. 

Semblance: Burn:

Yang's Semblance lets her absorb kinetic energy from every blow she takes and use it to make herself more powerful. This is a form of kinetic energy absorption, with Yang subsequently redirecting said energy against her opponent.

Yang has the ability to absorb energy from the damage she has taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit she takes. She can save up the energy to use later for an even more devastating attack.

Her Semblance does not make her invincible, as she still loses Aura when she is hit and can still take damage when her Semblance and Aura are active if hit by a strong enough attack. This was true when a Partygoer was able to bite into her Right arm causing Issei to sever it. 

Additionally she can absorb Kinetic energy even from non-blows as well like Ice or fire and use it to make herself more powerful. As long as she has her Semblance active, she would be able to keep absorbing Kinetic Energy. 

One major weakness as mentioned earlier, is that she is not invincible and she can still lose aura when she is hit. 

Additionally, another major weakness is that her frustration and anger can be exploited by skilled opponents. She is also very protective of her hair, becoming enraged when someone touches or rips or cuts even a small portion of her hair, causing her to attack with straight, blunt force the one who did it. However this has been significantly reduced due to her training under Sonya and Kuai Liang (Sub Zero)

Ingvild Leviathan: 

The half-devil daughter of Lucius Leviathan and Ariel Leviathan, the latter being a female high class mage. Ingvild grew on the seashores of Italy, with her parents for several years until she contracted the Sleeping Disease, which made her sleep for 100 years. 

When she woke up, only Lucius was alive, since Ariel was a female human high class mage, she passed away without seeing Ingvild wake up. She was devastated when her mother passed away but she still had her father. However that did not remain for so long, as the Khaos Brigade attacked her in order to kidnap her and during the attack she fell into the Backrooms while watching her father perish. 

She eventually met Issei and his group and decided to join them, after which she became good friends with each and every one of them, and had a close bond with Issei. She was the second girl to fall in love with Issei, right after Ravel. Not including the girls from the ORC. 

ingvild is a kind and friendly person and enjoys singing as is shown when she sings at the fountain.  Ingvild is also shown to love seeing the ocean and going on beaches with her friends. Unlike her fellow members of the Leviathan clan or any other descendants of the original Satans doesn't have any fanatic arrogance in her heritage as a Satan's descendant nor does she desire world domination like Katerea and the other descendants. A trait which Lucius also shared. 

She also appears to be quiet, shy and soft-hearted. She can be very observant, remembering what Meredith said to Issei before she attacked him when the other characters were preoccupied with discussing Issei's condition.

Issei notes that once the two had gotten to know one another, despite Ingvild's exceptional talent, she still works hard for the sake of her friends, putting others before herself.

Semblance: Siren's Song

Similar to how her Singing via the Nereid Kyrie increases or weakens a Dragon or a Dragon Based Sacred Gear. Siren's Song does the same, but it is not limited to anyone like just only Dragons. She can also enhance herself or she can increase her allies powers and abilities or weakening the abilities and powers of her enemies. 

However, one major flaw of Ingvild's Semblance is that it consumes massive amounts of aura. She can't use it for longer periods of time before losing her entire aura, and if she has to, she would need someone else to transfer aura to sustain herself, as a result Ingvild only uses her Semblance little by little and waits for the right moment to use her Semblance. 

According to Issei, Ingvild's tendency of putting others over herself tends to exhaust her which can pose a problem to her duties. However, with others taking care of her, she is able to handle herself. 

Jade Arc:

The fourth oldest of the Arc Children, and the older sister of Jaune Arc. She is the smartest technologically amongst Issei's group with her IQ being over 200, she was a child prodigy that had gained many Technological Degrees even before reaching the age of 18. She is one of the reasons why the Arc Clan also has really good technology as well. 

However, underneath the achievements, she always prioritize family over everything else and tends to become overprotective hence she did not think about taking consideration for Jaune's dream, and refused to let him be trained. That was until 6 years ago when she mysteriously disappeared from this world. 

In reality, she fell from into the Backrooms, where she was unable to find a way out and unlike most people, she fell into Level 2. She decided to work for M.E.G, since she had no other option. She could not escape without those from The Redacted Watcher's side. Eventually six years had past, and she bonded with another from Remnant and that was the Legendary Summer Rose. 

She eventually ran into her brother and her group six years later and was saddened to see Jaune remaining distant. She was shocked when she heard from Issei and group that Jaune was disowned for faking his way in. She begged Issei for helping to make amends with her brother, which he agreed to do so. They were eventually able to make up with him and she was grateful to Issei. 

Jade was the third to fall for Issei, this was due to him saving her twice and him playing an active role in saving her relationship with her brother. She is forever grateful to Issei and will always be by his side. When she heard how he was treated by the Gremory girls, she was disgusted and angered by them. 

In terms of personality, Jade is similar to her brother in some cases. She is stubborn like Jaune as she is often known to finish her work not caring if anyone dissuades her from saying anything. She also is kind and compassionate to those that deserved it and ruthless to those that don't. Aside from that she is obsessed with technology and can be engrossed in it until she is forcefully removed. 

Semblance: Technology Manipulation

Jade's Semblance allows her to manipulate Technology on a physical level and technological level, anything that is designed by technology she can learn and gain information from it. She is also able to manipulate the components of technology with ease, and once she understands it, she gains control over it. 

One major weakness is that her Semblance is easily mistaken for some sort of metal manipulation, which is something she cannot do. Additionally, if she cannot understand the Technology she will be unable to use her Semblance. 

One major flaw in terms of personality when it comes to Jade is that she is often known to be vengeful, especially to those that harm someone that is dear to her. This was true when she became vengeful when Raynare harmed and killed her squad, as well as Issei, and like mentioned before she becomes engrossed in technology so much that she needs to be forcefully removed. These two flaws can also endanger her life as well. 

Summer Rose:

The mother of Ruby and the Step-mother of Yang Xiao Long, former Local Scientist of M.E.G Base Beta. She is a caring and compassionate mother, that used to tell stories about her and her past as a Huntress, thus garnering her the title of Super-mom from Yang. She was revered and looked up to by her daughters and she was loved by many. 

Her tragic death haunted her two children who were devastated after that, this includes the rest of her family and friends as well. However, she was transported to the Backrooms moments before death where M.E.G. saved her life. She was forever grateful and worked for them till her daughters came to this place 12 years later. 

When they did, she understood what she had to do. It was time for her to head back. They did so along with Issei who led them out of there. Eventually coming face to face with the Redacted Watcher and with Issei beating him. She said goodbyes to her old friends with the promise of meeting them again. 

She was an attentive mother to both her and Ruby. Summer cared deeply for Ruby and Yang, regardless of the latter being her step-daughter. Stating that she loved both of them just the way they were. 

However, Summer is known to lie if need be, which was true in her failure of a mission to make peace with the Grimm Queen Salem. But despite her powers, that ended in a disaster, she was about to die when she was saved. 

Semblance: Petal Dance

An enhanced version of Ruby's Petal Burst, Summer can not only move allows her to dash with an inhuman speed in whatever direction she chooses, often leaving trails of rose petals in her wake and be capable of creating powerful tailwinds with her Semblance; if she gathers enough momentum but also she can weaponise those said petals to do some serious damage to her enemies if she wants to. 

Additionally, any petal she generates will remain as long as her aura remains, and she can weaponise them to hurt her foes, while protecting her friends. She can also use it to manipulate the surrounding objects if need be, as long as the petals remained touched. 

One major weakness of this Semblance is that it is the second most aura draining Semblance after Siren's Song, but Summer's mastery of the Semblance prevents her from falling into that area, and she can limit her aura usage as well. 

Summer, in terms of personality has a weakness as well, she is known to sometimes play the hero when in times of crises. As a result she can often put herself and her people under danger. This was one of her huge problems during her earlier days of M.E.G, and it still remains, although it is much less than before. 

Yasaka:

The Leader of the West Kyoto Faction that is comprised of Youkai. She is a Nine-Tailed Fox Youkai. She is known to be a beautiful looking voluptuous woman with blonde hair. Her personality, is known to be very humble and polite, as well as a loving mother and a dedicated leader. However, she also has a teasing and flirtatious side. 

Yasaka cares about those in her faction and her team, especially those that were with her during the Survival of the Backrooms as she took Issei's lead when they were trapped there, they navigated through the entire location and eventually managed to escape. Her primary motivation is to reunite with her daughter and stabilise her faction, but she also made sure that everyone else escaped successfully. 

However, despite this she is unfamiliar with affection, which was when she received a Pocket, a spatial storage item that was present in the Backrooms, that was gained by Issei risking his life in Level 9, which caused her to blush. 

Additionally she is the fourth girl to have fallen for Issei, minus excluding the ones in Kuoh Academy. This was due to her saving her from the infamous Level 666 and protecting her from Satanos, while she was helpless and powerless there. Furthermore, he cared for her when no one did, and did show kindness and vowed to reunite her with her daughter. 

Semblance: None 

Yasaka is the only non-entity being to possess no Semblance since she refused to have one when offered by Issei and Jaune. She relied on her Sage Magic and her other arts to assist her team and defeat her foes. 

However, Yasaka possess a massive weakness, she is vulnerable if certain materials are used against her that can disable or silence her momentarily making her a sitting duck. Additionally her daughter while can be seen as a strength can also be treated as a weakness due to being a vulnerability. In terms of personality, she can be easily deceived, however due to a betrayal she suffered from Kunou's father, this side of hers is gone. 

Entity Characters:

Rex:

A Dollface that is known to be friendly and kind once tamed, Rex is Issei's first companion and first familiar in this world. Rex is ferocius to his enemies and anyone who Issei deems to be an annoyance. However, he is vulnerable to heavy bursts of damage, and can be struck or killed by a higher entity. 

Rex possesses giant claws that can break steel, this was when he joined Issei's familiar and gained some draconic abilities, additionally due to his familiar body. He is highly resistant to fire damage and can survive burnt even in the strongest of flames. 

One of Rex's major traits is his immense loyalty towards Issei, he will do anything for him and will stop at nothing to do for him. 

However, he possesses one weakness, it is that he is a sugar addict, he loves having sugary products and it is his only sustenance, without it he is vulnerable. 

 Music Man:

The Giant Mechanical Entity that possessed the malls of Level 33, it was deactivated however the meddling of Shang Tsung reactivated the giant being and completely disabling the safety protocols, which was releasing heavy music to distort his or her enemies. It can also disrupt and damage an enemy using heavy sound waves that would even potentially kill people if at the right amounts

When Issei and company were forced to fight against this being, they managed to subdue it by enable the Security protocols that Shang Tsung had disabled, eventually they decided to spare it and Issei offered it to take him under his wing. 

Jade agreed as she found a way to deactivate the binding protocols present allowing it to chose whether it wants to come. It agreed and it became Issei's second familiar before reverting into a more travel size variant of itself. It soon joined the rest of the cast. 

Despite being capable of producing music, it can talk, however due to his shy nature it often roars and shows emotions by it's body language. It is more reclusive in nature and often does not interact with those unfamiliar with. However, like Rex, it possesses a massive sense of loyalty and kindness towards others, which was influenced by their master Issei. 

Like Rex, Music Man possesses a small weakness, it is dependent on Issei's own magic reserves to sustain himself, as when Issei runs out of Mana, Music Man shuts down, due to it being a mechanical entity. 

(A/N: Alright, that's it for the characters that will be playing a major role in Season 1 of this story, which is Into the Isseiverse part of the story)

(A/N(2): Naofumi, Heinz, Raphtalia and the others will have their own character bio when they appear later on in the story)

(A/N(3): Music Man does not canonically exist in Level 33, it was something that was brought out from my own whims. I just really loved the character.)

(A/N(4): Each Semblance is either canonical to the character, or it matches the character ability and description.)

(A/N(5): Ariel Leviathan is a made up name inspired by Ariel from The Little Mermaid, the reason I chose the name because it matched what Ingvild's past should be like, and what name matched Ingvild mother's name)

Questions?

Please let me know what you think, and I will catch y'all later

PEACE!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 353 61
What happen if there are four traverler come from different world and diffrent time. A former huntsmen in tranining, who work alone in a world, wher...
26.7K 734 10
Arcadia, a realm beyond our understanding, and knowledge, located in the far reaches of space. It has its own rules and regulations. Everything would...
4.3K 192 41
This is the story of many universes and the journeys of heroes and antiheroes all trying to do their best. The story of a girl trying to avenge her f...
400K 2.6K 110
A story I'm bringing over from Fanfiction. Inspired by CMBasher07's "RWBY Learns About Monster Hunter". Katana decides to show her guests a whole new...