Hey You (Stucky)

Por xCrossbonesx

Letters exchanged between Steve and Bucky while he serves time in prison. The letters that quickly drove them... Más

Hey You
To Bucky, From Steve
To Steve, From Bucky
A Visitor, Courtesy Of Steve
Bucky's Solitary Confinement
My Only Lifeline
Where Is He?
'Till The End Of The Line
A Realisation
I'm In Love With You
My Sweetheart
Bucky Bear
Farewell To Bucky
Sweet Silver Bells

Moonlight Serenade

10.9K 281 1K
Por xCrossbonesx

A/N: Sorry it took so long to upload, this got longer than I expected. There's some angst throughout this, Bucky's obviously still trying to come to terms with everything. Bucky also gets really upset about something, so I will say there's a minor character death and I am SORRY. Also it gets really adorable, I made them grossly adorable, send help. There's a bit of sexy content too. -wink wink-

~~~&~~~

August 13th 2015

Bucky had been out of prison for just over a month now. Colin paid them a visit just a week ago and Bucky bought him the most expensive whiskey there was. Overtime, his friendships with the other Avengers only grew, it was like he was family now. Steve's photo frame had been filled with a picture of Bucky, as well as the team photo in the middle, Sebastian included. Beside that one was a picture of the pair on Steve's birthday, the photo that Natasha had taken when Steve decided to kiss Bucky. It turned out better than she thought, capturing the fireworks in the background and the small smile on Bucky's lips when kissing Steve.

During that month, Steve and Bucky's relationship, connection and chemistry only blossomed. They'd only had one argument when Steve came back from a mission once, battered and bruised, which left Bucky in a state. He wasn't ready to go out on missions just yet, direct orders by Phil, but Bucky wanted to a lot of the time. Yet he knew he couldn't protect Steve all the time, and that this was his job. He was saving people after all, so Bucky had to live with it. Though missions were a rare occasion and they mostly found themselves curled up on the sofa, watching movies or TV shows they hadn't seen. Sebastian would always lay on the rug, close enough for Bucky to reach down and pat him every now and again.

Domesticity was starting to grow on them, and the rest of the team. Natasha and Clint took a vacation to Budapest and Tony, Sam, Thor and Bruce would find themselves going bowling or out to a sports game every Friday night. It was pure bliss and Bucky hadn't felt so relaxed in years. Of course, most nights the team would gather for dinner on the main floor, sharing stories of their days. The jokes Tony and Clint cracked would always be directed at Steve and Bucky, and the pair had to find ways to get back at them.

As far as everyone else was concerned, Bucky and Steve were too busy trying to catch up with the modern world they were too tired to take things that little step further. Behind closed doors they would say their goodnights, a long kiss and usually a cheeky little grope here and there. But nothing really intensified from that. Steve thought maybe Bucky was still a little self-conscious of how he was now, so he never brought up the topic. It's what made their relationship stronger, they didn't overstep the line when it wasn't necessary.

Now, as the pair walked in the park, warm coffees in their hands and a boisterous canine ahead of them, they still enjoyed the calming silence that seemed to radiate from them. Steve's arm was wrapped loosely around Bucky, hand resting in the brunette's jacket pocket while Bucky had one hand full with a coffee and the other with the leash connected to Sebastian's collar. The air was crisp, and chilly but the sun was still out, so it wasn't overly freezing. It was the last month of Summer anyway. They stopped by a bench and sat down, tying Sebastian to the bench rail so he could sit down and so Bucky didn't have to hold him the whole time. He sat their coffees to the side on the arm of the bench until they wanted them again. Steve's arm fell around Bucky's shoulder as he pressed a kiss to his temple, pushing a stray piece of hair behind the brunette's ear.

"So much as changed Stevie," Bucky mused.

"It definitely has," Steve replied.

"I mean, being gay isn't that big a deal, there's same-sex marriage in some states, interracial couples were allowed to marry since the late 60's, same-sex couples can adopt in some states," Bucky explained.

"I think it's great," Steve answered.

"So do I, history has changed a lot. I think for the better. 'Cause I mean, I'm sitting here with you, a man, affectionately, not just as a friend," the brunette murmured.

"Ain't it sweet?" the blonde asked, smiling slightly.

"You bet it is," Bucky whispered, tilting his head up a little.

Steve rested his index finger under Bucky's chin, thumb resting on his chin as he lent forward and kissed him slowly, enjoying every moment he got to do that. Bucky hummed in content and rested his hand on Steve's hip, sliding his hand under the blonde's jacket. He grinned wickedly when Steve shouted in shock and pulled away, frowning at Bucky.

"Your hand is cold," he huffed.

Bucky waved his metal hand in front of Steve's face, earning an eye roll from his boyfriend as he chuckled.

"Tony needs to install some warming system in your arm seriously," Steve groaned.

"Oh, has someone got a kink for my metal arm huh?" Bucky teased, winking at Steve.

"No I-I was just saying!" Steve protested, cheeks flushing a light shade of pink. "You're as bad as everyone else," he added.

The brunette laughed and stared at Steve with a twinkle in his eye.

"Why do you say that Steve?" he questioned.

"Before Bruce brought Sebastian out to the main room, I got given a collar and a leash and I thought it was some kind of joke directed at you and I," the blonde answered.

Bucky's laughter escalated at each jerk of his shoulders as he buried his head into Steve's shoulder. Steve rolled his eyes, but couldn't help the smile as Bucky's laughing echoed in his ears. If anything, he loved making Bucky laugh, it's all he wanted to see Bucky doing. And smile of course, his smiles were like bright stars in the sky.

"I bet your mind was thinkin' all kinds of things," Bucky crowed.

"Bucky no!" Steve scolded, giving his boyfriend a jab in the ribs.

"Woof woof," Bucky taunted, nuzzling his face into Steve's neck while making snuffling noises.

"Buck," Steve breathed out. "We're in public," he whispered.

"You think that'd stop me?" the brunette purred, his hand slipping under Steve's jacket and shirt again.

He squeezed Steve's ribs and the blonde jumped and let out a low laugh.

"Don't," he grumbled.

Bucky smiled gleefully.

"So Steve Rogers is ticklish huh?" he hummed.

"N-no," Steve faltered, shaking his head.

"Oh I think you are," Bucky sang.

His fingers dug in harder and Steve shrieked as he tried to get out of Bucky's grip. But Bucky had him cornered on the bench, both his hands now clamped on Steve's sides as he continued to tickle him.

"B-Bucky s-stop! I can't b-breathe!" Steve cackled, his hands pushing against Bucky's shoulders.

"Don't try that shit with me punk," the brunette jeered, continuing his tickling onslaught as Steve's laugh boomed through the park.

"P-please I'll do anything!" he screamed, letting out more snorts of laughter.

Bucky stopped immediately, leaning over Steve. They were left in a slightly compromising position, especially for one in public but Bucky didn't have a care in the world.

"Anything?" he crooned.

"Anything," Steve panted, trying to catch his breath.

"Take me out on a date, tonight," Bucky replied.

"That's it? That's the anything you want?" the blonde asked.

"Steve, we haven't been on a date since I got out of prison," Bucky mused.

"We haven't?" Steve queried.

Bucky shook his head and Steve's face fell as he stared at the brunette.

"I'm sorry. God, I'm sorry. How could I be so stupid?" he sighed, hands falling over his face. "I'm not doing good at this," he added.

"Hey, Stevie," Bucky soothed, pulling Steve's hands away. "Don't be like that," he mumbled. "You're not going to be good at everything, you're right, but nobody is good at everything. I'll tell you one thing though, you're good at making me feel loved and wanted. You make me laugh, smile and make me cry at all the great times we have. I love you Steve. Nothing's going to change that," he whispered.

"'Till the end of the line?" Steve questioned, brushing his thumb over Bucky's cheek.

"'Till the end of the line baby," he uttered.

Steve's hand rested on the nape of Bucky's neck as he brought him in close, lips lingering on the brunette's. Bucky's eyelids dipped as he breathed softly, metal fingers dancing on Steve's jaw.

"You're beautiful," Steve commented.

Bucky blushed and smiled sheepishly.

"You're so vain," he joked.

"Hey! I was trying to be sweet!" the blonde exclaimed, sliding his arms down to Bucky's waist.

"I know," Bucky chuckled.

He caught Steve's lips in his own, tilting the blonde's head up, fingers brushing through the short strands of hair. Steve smirked into the kiss and tightened his grip, hands splayed over Bucky's ribs. The brunette caught onto what he was doing and frowned, parting from the kiss.

"Don't you fucking dare," he warned.

Steve grinned as he pressed close to Bucky's ear, breathing ghosting by it.

"You can't stop me," he hissed.

Soon Steve was getting payback on Bucky, digging his fingers in and tickling him as Bucky practically squealed. Sebastian started barking as he stood up and started wagging his tail furiously. Bucky howled with laughter as Steve squeezed his ribs, making the brunette squirm above him.

"Cut it out you jerk!" Bucky laughed.

Sebastian let out a small grumbling noise as he placed his paws on the bench, paws resting on the backs of Bucky's leg. The brunette looked over his shoulder and smiled as the canine raised one ear while the other stayed down.

"Come on, we're annoying Sebastian," he issued, pushing himself off Steve.

The blonde grunted as he pushed himself upright, leaning back against the bench, arm resting on the back of it. Bucky untied Sebastian's leash and picked him up to sit on his lap. Sebastian wagged his tail as Steve scratched him behind his ear, a smile growing on his face. Bucky smiled and lent over to Steve, pecking a kiss on his cheek before turning his attention back to Sebastian.

"Hey Buck," Steve spoke, after a moment.

"Yeah?" Bucky replied.

"While we're out," he started. "Do you want to go and visit Peggy?" he asked.

"You think she'll remember me?" Bucky quizzed.

"She never forgot about you Buck. She'll just be a little surprised that's all. She was surprised when I first showed up," Steve responded.

"But?" the brunette added.

"But she's starting to show signs of dementia. She has good days and bad days. So I'm hoping if we go, it'll be a good day, not a bad one. If you don't want to go I understand. You can walk Sebastian back to the tower. But I'd like to go see her, and thank her for allowing Tony to give me the bookset I got for my birthday," the blonde explained.

"What? No, Steve, I'd love to go and see her. You're such an idiot sometimes," the brunette grumbled.

Steve's gaze fell on Bucky as he looked the brunette up and down, lips parted as if to say something, only to have them close again.

"I'm sorry Stevie, that was a little harsh," Bucky sighed.

"No you're right, I am an idiot. I shouldn't just assume, I should just ask you," Steve muttered.

Bucky stood up, putting Sebastian back on the ground in the process as he held his hand out to Steve, who took it gingerly as he was pulled to his feet. He coiled his arms around Steve's waist and planted a gentle kiss to the blonde's lips, giving him a small smile.

"I love you," he hummed.

"I love you too," Steve soothed.

"Now let's go see Peggy," Bucky offered.

~~~&~~~

It was a long walk to the retirement facility that Peggy was now living in. But both Steve and Bucky enjoyed the walk, as did Sebastian. They met with Sam and Tony along the way to hand Sebastian over to them. Tony started going jogging recently and while Steve found it almost amusing, he was surprised at the same time. Bucky was rambling on to Steve about their time at Coney Island and Steve zoned in and out of the story, worry seeping into his skin. He had an off feeling about going to see Peggy, not because of Bucky, but more because he felt like he was going to run into someone who wasn't exactly going to take too kindly to Bucky. A lot of people had been so supportive when Bucky had been in prison and when he got out of there. Nobody ran from him, kids always wanted to see his metal arm and test out how strong it was. They had no trouble at The Smithsonian when Steve decided to make the trip out there to see it again with Bucky. But there was still that anxiety in the pit of Steve's stomach and it didn't feel good. He knew there would be some people who disapproved of him walking the streets.

"Steve? Stevie, what's the matter?" Bucky asked, his voice seeming to drone in to Steve's hearing.

"Huh?" Steve replied, turning his head to look at Bucky.

"You weren't answering my questions you were just staring off into nothing. Is everything alright?" Bucky questioned.

No Steve thought.

"Yes," he lied.

Bucky frowned and moved in front of Steve, pressing the palm of his metal hand on the blonde's chest to stop him. He stared at Steve with an intense gaze, trying to read the look on his boyfriend's face. Something definitely wasn't right.

"You're lying," he accused.

"I'm not," Steve answered.

"You fucking are Steve!" the brunette exclaimed. "I can read you like a damn book Steve. You look like you're gonna' be sick or something!" he yelled.

Steve sighed and shook his head as he looked down, his hand coming to rest over Bucky's hand on his chest.

"I'm just-" he paused, looking back up to glance at the brunette. "I'm worried about the people who don't agree with you being out right now. It taints my mind everyday. I wonder if I'm going to be able to protect you from these people because anything they say could be harmful to you," he added.

The brunette's jaw clenched as he breathed deeply, suddenly pushing Steve back until he hit the nearest brick wall.

"You think I give a damn about what people think of me? It was a problem then, it's not now. Y'know why? Because I've got you. All I care about is us right now. Steve we're a team, we've always been a team, just you and I. Two happy kids against the fucking world. Why can't we be two happy lovers against the world? I love you and-" Bucky stopped, fingers clenching into a fist as he lent his forehead against Steve's. "I'd give you everything if it meant I had to sacrifice myself. I was willing to wait it out longer in prison, just for you. I was willing to die for you at the hands of HYDRA as long as you got out alive. You were my mission but I held back, you became my mission to save. I'd do it all for you. Always you Stevie," he choked out, feeling his hand tremble slightly. "Don't you dare worry about what people think. Because it's not about them. It's about us. If we're happy then to hell with everyone else!" he growled. "I'd rather have people stare at me like I'm still a weapon but still have you, over not having you and having every single person in this country not stare at me like I'm a weapon. I'd rather have you and have people stare at my arm in a way that would put fear into anyone, over losing you and not having people stare at my arm without fear," he added, letting go of Steve's shirt as he stepped back.

Steve's eyes were brimming with tears as he stared open mouthed at Bucky, his breathing coming out in ragged breaths. Everything he said stabbed at his heart in good and bad ways. Nobody should stare at Bucky like he's a weapon. Because it wasn't him who caused so much destruction. It was The Winter Soldier, who Steve thus far considered dead and gone. He swallowed back the lump in his throat and reached out for Bucky, taking his metal hand as he brought it up to his lips and kissed the cold metal. Steve knew deep down Bucky still looked at his arm with some disgust and pain each and everyday. And he only wanted to show Bucky that it wasn't a bad thing, that it wasn't a weapon itself now. He pressed the hand to his cheek and looked back at Bucky, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"This isn't something to be ashamed of anymore. I know you look at it and you feel disgusted, you feel wrong. But it's a part of you now and I'm willing to have you no matter the changes. You may look different but you're getting back that personality of the Bucky I knew so many years ago. Think of all the times you touched me with this hand and you were so gentle. All those cheek touches, your fingers brushing through my hair, your hand resting on my waist, the hand holding. Every bit of your being is beautiful and I won't stop telling you that. I love you so much Bucky, I'm not a man for what's on the exterior. I'm more for what's on the inside, your heart, your love, your personality...everything," he whispered.

Bucky couldn't hold back the choked sound that emitted from his throat as he cupped Steve's face in his hands and crashed their lips together. Tears fell down his cheeks as he did so, but Steve only pulled him closer, left hand pressing on Bucky's lower back, bringing him flush against him. An apology could be made in different ways, some simply say "I'm sorry" while others think of creative ways to display one. But Bucky and Steve always said their apologies with a kiss. A kiss so deep and passionate with enough emotion to express more than words ever could. It was moments like that when Steve had to cherish them as they happened. Arguing with Bucky was something he didn't want at least not until the point where it got explosive. But even if they did bicker or snap at each other, they'd fix it, everything was always fixable between them. When Bucky parted with Steve he kept his eyes closed and let his breath still linger on Steve's warm lips. Steve went to speak but Bucky rested a metal finger against his lips, opening his eyes to stare into the glassy pools of blue.

"Let's go see Peggy before it gets late. We need to make reservations for tonight too," he spoke.

Steve nodded once, feeling a little high in the clouds as he failed to look away from the brunette. Bucky moved Steve away from the wall and put his arm securely around the blonde's waist, their hips close as they started walking again. They turned into the retirement facility and made their way up the beaten looking pathway, shoes crunching wilting leaves and scuffing against jagged parts of the stone. Steve was too busy doting over Bucky to see who was around him as he collided shoulders with another person.

"Woah," he gasped, his hand flying out on instinct to catch whoever he'd clipped with his shoulder.

His eyes widened a fraction as he stared back at Sharon Carter, her eyes just as wide.

"Sharon," he breathed out.

"Steve," she greeted. "It's been a while," she added.

"It has. Were you-um-" he faltered, letting go of her arm.

"Seeing Peggy? Yes. She's having a better day," Sharon answered.

"That's great, I was just gonna' go see her, thank her for a gift she gave to Tony to give to me," the blonde explained.

"You and uh-" Sharon paused, raising an eyebrow.

Steve felt like he was going to curl in on himself and stay there for hours.

"This is Bucky," he introduced. "Bucky this is Sharon, Peggy is her aunt," he continued.

Sharon's face went stone cold when she caught sight of Bucky, his metal hand an obvious give away as well as his face. She turned her attention back to Steve and blinked twice.

"I see things worked out well for you," she mused.

"They did, actually. Bucky's out of prison and we're in a relationship now," Steve responded.

"Oh I know, you two aren't exactly discreet about it," Sharon muttered.

"What are you talking about?" Steve questioned.

Sharon reached into her bag and pulled out a newspaper and a magazine, holding them out towards Steve. His eyes scanned the front pages, as did Bucky's but he made it look less obvious, his throat tightening as the anxiety grew. On the front pages were clear photographs of himself and Bucky. Their walks through the park with Sebastian, their jogs through the park, their lunches together and of course a few kissing ones were thrown in there as well.

"And we should be concerned why?" Steve asked.

"You know why, Steve," Sharon uttered.

"I'm sorry I don't follow, Sharon," the blonde grunted.

Bucky tried to hold back a smile at how defensive and protective Steve was getting.

"After everything he caused, the violence, the chaos and you're locking lips with him and having him stay at Avengers Tower," Sharon scoffed.

"Are we talking about The Winter Soldier here or Bucky Barnes? Because the only person I appear to be in a relationship with is Bucky Barnes who fought for freedom back in the day," Steve bit back.

And yes, Bucky really was smiling now, keeping his head low.

"Some of us aren't too willing to forget what happened. You know one day he's going to turn again and he's going to replay what happened all over again," Sharon breathed out.

"Don't you remember how I thought you were just my friendly neighbourly nurse but you were actually hiding your identity as a S.H.I.E.L.D agent? Now I'd say you're being a little hypocritical about Bucky here, because that wasn't him that was causing so much chaos in D.C. If it was him he would have known who I was, he would have remembered me. But he didn't, not until I got through to him," Steve explained.

Sharon looked as if she went to object, but stuffed the articles back in her bag.

"I bet living with Tony Stark is a real joy for Bucky," she spoke, bitterly.

"Actually it is. Because out of all the people in The Avengers, Tony was the first one to step up to the plate and visit Bucky. He knows that Bucky didn't cause what happened to his parents. He knows it was HYDRA and their greatest weapon who sadly had to be my best friend who was no longer in there. You don't know what he endured Sharon. He's told me, I know his pain. Bucky is fine now, and he's never relapsing back as long as I'm around. I hope you have a nice night, we have an important person waiting to see us. Excuse me," Steve spat, pushing Bucky forward as they started walking again.

"You alright Stevie?" Bucky questioned.

"Fine...fine," Steve breathed out, letting his shoulders relax as they walked into the lobby of the facility.

Bucky stopped Steve in his tracks and looked at him with concern, his fingers brushing the blonde's hand.

"Thank you Steve," he whispered.

"For what?" Steve asked.

"For defending me like that. That was-I-" the brunette paused. "I can defend myself but I just froze back then. But you stepped up and told her how it is," he added.

Steve lent forward and peppered kisses on Bucky's forehead, breathing out slowly as he started to calm down.

"I'd defend you no matter what," he mumbled.

His boyfriend smiled and hugged him close, before letting go so Steve could go to the front desk. Bucky looked aimlessly around the room until he felt a pair of eyes staring at him. An elderly woman was sitting on one of the chairs, she looked fairly well but Bucky knew people went to retirement villages for all sorts of reasons.

"Ma'am," he greeted.

"Hello young man," she replied, motioning Bucky over.

The brunette hesitantly went over and knelt down so he was eye level with her, so not to look intimidating.

"You're that fellow that was all over the news aren't you? The one who was seen fighting with Captain America," she spoke, turning her gaze to Steve for a moment as the blonde laughed with the nurse at the front desk.

Bucky nodded slowly.

"That's me," he admitted. "But I'm better now...I did my time, I'm getting more of my memories back day by day," he continued.

He felt the woman's hand rest on Bucky's metal one and he panicked for a moment, until she took his hand and squeezed it tight.

"You're a very brave young man," she commented. "It takes a lot of courage to do what you've done. And I'm sure Steve treats you very nicely," she added.

A blush crept across Bucky's cheeks as he smiled, looking over his shoulder at Steve.

"He does, very much," he replied, turning back again. "What's your name?" he asked.

"Susan," the woman answered.

"Susan, it has been an honour to meet you but I have to go just now, Steve and I are visiting someone. I'll say goodbye to you when I come back," Bucky offered.

"Oh you're a sweetheart," Susan soothed, patting Bucky on the hand with her free hand before letting go.

Bucky stood as he walked back over to Steve who had a smile on his face, his arm coming to rest around Bucky.

"What was that all about?" he questioned, as they began walking down a hallway.

"She just wanted to talk, tell me I'm brave for fighting through all my lost memories and bringing them back," Bucky mused.

"That's sweet," Steve crooned.

They stopped outside a door and Steve knocked on it lightly, before opening it and stepping inside. Bucky followed closely behind, closing the door afterwards as Steve took his hand and walked him to the bed. Peggy was sitting upright, eyes closed but she looked peaceful, her chest slowly rising and falling.

"Peggy," Steve whispered, resting his hand on hers.

Bucky stayed by his side as Peggy slowly opened her eyes and looked over at Steve, a small smile growing on her face.

"Steve," she replied.

"Hey, I thought I'd come and visit you, it's been a while. Wanted to thank you for giving Tony those books for my birthday," Steve issued.

"Oh, you got them? I'm glad. You better take care of them," Peggy warned.

"I will, I promise," Steve answered.

He squeezed Bucky's hand and pulled him forward a little, resting his hand on Bucky's lower back.

"There's someone I want you to meet too," he continued.

Peggy looked Bucky over once or twice, before her eyes widened slightly in surprise.

"Bucky?" she questioned.

"Hi Peggy," Bucky replied, smiling softly.

"How?" she asked.

"It's a long story," Steve interjected.

"In short, whatever tests Zola did on me, whatever he injected me with in '43, it helped me survive the fall. HYDRA took me in and used me as a weapon. Wiping my memories when I was out of cryostasis for too long," Bucky explained.

"Remember how I told you I was fighting against someone but I didn't know who it was at the time?" Steve queried.

Peggy nodded.

"It was Bucky. But I was determined to get his memory back. So I kept fighting for him. Then he got arrested at The Smithsonian and I didn't see him since. Paid his time in prison and he got released on my birthday. And I guess...overtime, we connected," the blonde mused.

"I always knew there was something between you two," Peggy chuckled. "I'm glad you're better Bucky," she added.

Steve grinned and rubbed Bucky's back comfortingly, feeling the brunette relax against his palm.

"You look tired," Steve commented.

"I am a little. I've just had a visit from Sharon," Peggy answered.

"Yeah, we uh...bumped into her," Steve sighed.

"Didn't go down well did it?" Peggy asked.

The blonde shook his head as Peggy squeezed his hand tight.

"She'll come around," she assured him.

"We'll let you get some sleep. We left it a little late to come and see you. But we'll be here on the weekend, early as can be," Steve replied.

"Alright," Peggy mumbled sleepily. "It was nice to see you both. I hope you have a wonderful life together. I just know you'll both be together for a long time," she continued.

"Thanks Peggy," Bucky chimed.

Steve lifted her hand and pressed a gentle kiss to it, before placing it back down and smiling. Peggy started drifting off to sleep again, so Steve guided Bucky back out the room quietly, arm around Bucky's shoulder. Bucky had one last look at Peggy with a smile, before he grabbed the door handle and pulled it along with him as they stepped into the hallway again.

"You ready to go home?" Steve questioned.

Bucky nodded as they wandered back down the way they came.

"I want you to look extra sexy tonight," he commented, drawing a laugh out of Steve.

"I can do that easily," the blonde chided.

"See, so vain," Bucky taunted.

They were just nearing the door when Bucky stopped, pulling away from Steve's grip.

"I forgot to say goodbye to Susan," he murmured.

He turned back and wandered over to where Susan still was, looking as if she had drifted to sleep. Bucky smiled and knelt down again, giving her arm a gentle shake.

"Susan," he spoke.

Steve lent against the door frame and watched Bucky, his mouth quirked up at the corner. Bucky's right hand rested against Susan's but something didn't sit right at all. Bucky rested his fingers on her wrist and felt his heart sink. There wasn't a pulse, there was nothing. Steve straightened up then when he saw Bucky hang his head. His face fell when Bucky let out a cry, his hand covering his face as he held onto this dear old lady's hand. It was there that Steve knew Bucky was no longer an empty shell of a man. Bucky was human again.

~~~&~~~

"Well look at you, you look sharp Barnes," Tony called, sauntering into the main room of Bucky and Steve's floor.

Bucky's eyes fell to his crimson red shirt and black pants, a smile crossing his face. He had a black tie sitting around his neck as he turned back to the mirror, pushing back a strand of his hair. Tony stood behind him with a small smile, hands clasped behind his back.

"Where you going?" he asked.

"If you must know, I have a very hot date tonight. And I can't keep him waiting," Bucky replied.

"Steve's finally taking you out on a date huh?" Tony chuckled.

"Yeah, finally. I can't blame him for holding it off. He didn't know if I was ready to be going out on dates in public places like expensive restaurants and all that," Bucky mused.

"He's a lucky man. You better not screw this up. Just remember who you're living with," Tony warned.

The brunette turned around and faced Tony, grabbing the edges of his tie as he sighed deeply.

"The last thing I want is to hurt Steve," he issued.

Tony nodded and grabbed Bucky's tie as he started to fix it for him.

"You looked like you were struggling," he laughed.

"Thanks, it's been a while," Bucky snorted.

"So did you have a good day? Aunt Peggy doing okay?" Tony queried.

"It was good, but...we had a run in with Sharon Carter," the brunette answered.

"Ah," Tony huffed, blowing a raspberry in a childish manner. "Don't listen to anything she says. Did she bring up my mother and my old man?" he questioned.

"She implied it," Bucky admired, shrugging his shoulders. "Can't have everybody like me," he added.

Tony pushed Bucky's tie up and smoothed his hand down it, before grinning at his good work. His eyes fell on Bucky as he rested his hand on the brunette's shoulder.

"The only thing you should be thankful for is the people who care for you right now. That's Steve, and us. You don't have to worry about anything else," he soothed.

"Thanks..." Bucky whispered.

"Something else is bothering you," Tony muttered.

"I was talking to an elderly woman named Susan at the retirement home. It was before we went to see Peggy and I said that I would say goodbye to her before I left. I went to say goodbye to her and-" he paused, swallowing the growing lump in his throat.

"She passed didn't she? Just like that?" Tony asked.

"Yeah," Bucky choked out, shaking his head as he looked away. "I felt...sad. I know I felt sad about not being around for Steve when he needed me there with him. But this was a different type of sadness," he answered.

"Grief," Tony offered.

Bucky nodded.

"It made me feel human. I only knew her briefly, but y'know, there's some people you instantly connect with and think they're really friendly and kind. She was lovely. Then she was gone and I just-I didn't get to say goodbye," he whispered, closing his eyes as a tear fell down his cheek.

"Come here, Jesus Barnes, I can't imagine what that'd be like," Tony said, in a hushed tone, bringing Bucky in for a comforting hug.

The brunette sighed and welcomed the hug gratefully. He'd been doing it a lot lately no matter who gave him a hug. Bucky found it as a source of reassurance and comfort knowing that people cared for him.

"I bought you something," Bucky spoke, parting from Tony as he turned around and picked up a small box and handed it to Tony.

"You bought me something? Me of all people," he scoffed.

Bucky shrugged sheepishly.

"It's for looking after Steve while I wasn't here. And for fixing my arm and giving me the reassurance that everything was going to be okay," he issued.

Tony opened the box and stared down at a silver flask with engraving on it. There was an engraved picture of himself in his Iron Man suit on one side and and his initials beside it.

"I-" he stopped, glancing back up at Bucky. "I don't know what to say," he added.

"Turn it around," Bucky chuckled, making a turning motion with his finger.

The brunette flipped it around and saw a quote engraved on the back.

"Of all possessions, a friend is the most precious," he read.

"Steve and I sat one night and read all these books from ancient history and I found one on Herodotus and found that quote and let it stick with me. So when I decided to get you a gift I decided to get that engraved on the back. Because I think gaining the friendships that I have over the past few months has made me really appreciate all of you. But mostly you Tony, I admire your selflessness and even though people don't usually see how you really are most of the time. I'm privileged to be someone who has. And...if there's anything you want to talk about you can come and find me and we can talk. You're not alone Tony, you've probably heard that a thousand times, but friends help each other right?" Bucky asked.

Tony nodded as he looked down at the gift again, wiping the palm of his hand over his cheek.

"Thanks Bucky. I appreciate this. Really I do," he choked out, wiping his eyes again.

"Anytime," Bucky replied.

"Now come on, let's get you to the restaurant before you're late," Tony muttered.

"I'm meeting Steve downstairs," Bucky issued.

Tony grinned.

"Steve already left. He wanted to make it special so I offered to take you there so he could meet you there," he mused.

"That little shit," Bucky huffed.

"You need to put money in the swear jar," Tony chided.

"Every time!" Bucky groaned, with a laugh.

"Come on, it's not that far. I know you'd insist on walking but that'll take longer," Tony ushered, tapping Bucky on the back.

"Alright, alright," Bucky grumbled, following Tony to the elevator.

The elevator ride itself was quick as they went all the way down to Tony's workshop where he had his cars. Bucky saw that Steve's Harley was gone and he shook his head with a smile as he opened the passenger side door. Tony slid into the driver's side and pressed the volume button on the stereo a few times, making Bucky raise an eyebrow.

"I have the music really loud when I go driving. Didn't want to scare the crap out of you when I started the car," Tony chuckled.

"Oh," Bucky replied.

Tony started the car, letting it roar to life before he opened the doors and pulled out of the workshop. Bucky was staring out of the window, drumming his fingers on his knee to the music playing through the speakers. He was feeling a little nervous and me didn't know why. This was Steve, his Steve, they were going on a date, why was it a big deal?

"You nervous or something Barnes?" Tony questioned.

"For some reason I am and I know I shouldn't be, because this is Steve and I shouldn't be nervous about going on a date when we do a lot of things together," Bucky answered.

"Are you nervous about being on the date or the aftermath of the date if you know what I mean," the brunette taunted, waggling his eyebrows at Bucky.

"Tony!" he exclaimed. "I-we-" Bucky paused, staring daggers at Tony. "We haven't even had time to-oh god why am I telling you this!" he yelled.

"Relax buddy, there's no shame in it. Though I never took you for a prude," the brunette mused.

"I-" Bucky faltered. "Y'know what you-" he stopped, jaw clenching as he looked away, trying to stop his cheeks from flushing any redder than they were already. "I'm not a prude, I just don't want to be so forward with Steve in case he doesn't want it or isn't ready," he added.

"With the way he looks at you sometimes, I'm pretty sure he's ready," Tony snorted.

"What do you mean?" Bucky bit back.

Tony frowned as he pulled up to the side of the road and Bucky figured they were there already. He made to move but Tony grabbed his arm and dragged him back, hand firm on Bucky's chest.

"Seriously Bucky are you blind?" he laughed. "He's been giving you the bedroom eyes for just over two weeks now. Y'know when you work out in the gym he's constantly looking you over even when someone else is talking. He accidentally punched me in the face once because he was too busy watching you," he continued.

Bucky choked out a laugh, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Really though. He keeps giving you that look and you're obviously too oblivious. Wake up Barnes. Make him yours," Tony explained.

"But he already is," Bucky muttered.

"You know what I mean," Tony groaned, rolling his eyes.

The older man let go of Bucky's arm as the brunette opened the car door and stepped outside. He ducked his head back down to look at Tony, fingers tapping on the window.

"Does Banner give you the bedroom eyes?" he joked.

"Get the fuck away from my car and go and enjoy your date you son of a bitch," Tony retorted.

"Oh, that's double in the swear jar," Bucky crowed.

"You're unbelievable," Tony growled.

"I was joking alright! Calm down," Bucky chortled. "See you in the morning, I think Steve and I will be out late," he mused.

"If I don't hear of any hanky panky happening I will bang both your heads together and put you on lockdown for a week," the brunette threatened.

"Now that's just rude. Y'know back in my day we called it makin' whoopie," Bucky commented.

"Well go make whoopie with your boy," the older man replied.

"Goodnight Stark," Bucky sighed, dramatically as he straightened himself up again.

"Goodnight, Barnes," Tony huffed, revving the engine of the Audi.

Bucky closed the door behind him and turned around to face the restaurant. It was exceptionally fancy with a garden type theme to it. Steve must have splurged Bucky thought. He took a deep breath and smoothed down his tie and shirt as he started to walk to the door. His sleeves were turned up, leaving his arm on show, but after that very afternoon with Steve telling him he didn't have to feel disgusted by it, he felt confident to let it show tonight. The brunette pushed through the doors and gasped as he stepped inside. It looked larger on the inside than it did on the outside, with high ceilings and decorative crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. He looked around at the array of colours on the tables ranging from reds, blacks, blues and whites. It all seemed to work and it was lavish and expensive and Bucky couldn't believe he was there. Long ago he and Steve would have been lucky to get a decent meal out of the little money they had.

There was a band by a set of open doors, the vocalist singing away to some jazzy tune. He turned to see a board that had table numbers set out and reserved signs on some so that people who had booked a table could just go and find their table without any trouble. Himself and Steve were at table ten and that table sat closest to overlook the garden that had a pond, fountain and lanterns hanging off the trees. Bucky turned and started to weave through tables, excusing himself as he did so. As he got closer he saw Steve, talking to a waiter with his genuine kind smile and all. When the waiter left, Steve looked at his watch and then tilted his head up. His smile widened as soon as he caught Bucky's presence, his eyes shining with adoration and love. Bucky stopped in front of Steve, smiling softly as the blonde took his hands and kissed them both.

"You look wonderful," he hummed.

"So do you Stevie, love the shirt," Bucky whispered, glancing down at the navy blue shirt with a black tie.

"Speak for yourself sweetheart," Steve crooned.

His hands came to rest on Bucky's hips, bringing him in close and wrapping his arms loosely around the brunette's waist. He lent forward and kissed Bucky tenderly, feeling his boyfriend relax in his arms, his hands on the blonde's biceps. When he pulled away Bucky's cheeks were flushed, his breath coming out in small pants.

"Little warning next time," he panted, with a small smirk.

"Couldn't resist it," Steve murmured, planting a kiss on Bucky's temple as he let go of him.

They sat down at the table across from each other, a candle burning away in the middle of the table. Steve rested his hand palm side up on the table and Bucky smiled, resting his metal hand on Steve's. The blonde ran his thumb over the metal plating and then laced their fingers together.

"Got you a little something," he whispered.

He pulled out a small blue box and Bucky raised an eyebrow as Steve pushed it over to him. Bucky took the lid off and peeled back the paper that was inside. His eyes widened as he saw two silver bands with a black stripe around them and 'Till the end of the line' engraved on them, heart rate jumping through the roof.

"Steve what is this?" he asked, swallowing thickly, his voice a little shaky.

"Promise rings," Steve answered. "I know it's sudden. But Bucky it has been seventy odd years and our love has basically lasted for decades, we just didn't fully admit it. I got them because I want to promise to you that I'll be by your side, 'till the end of the line. It's your choice if you want one. I won't pressure you. I just think that I could promise you everything in the world and I wouldn't break any of those promises. I love you that much Buck. But if you say no, it's fine. I can keep them for when you're ready," he added.

Bucky's heart was pounding and skipping in his chest, his stomach tying in knots. Nothing felt too soon for him, and he felt like he could promise himself to Steve too. Bucky would openly admit that he'd do anything for Steve and promise to be his shoulder to cry on and his guy to love. The brunette grabbed the ring at the back and looked back at Steve, seeing the glimmer in his eyes and small smile tugging at his mouth. He moved his hand away from Steve's and moved the ring to his metal hand, before sliding it onto his right ring finger.

"Now why on earth would I reject something like that?" he questioned.

Steve's eyes lit up even more as he smiled widely, a tear catching in his eye. Bucky lent forward and wiped it away with his thumb, before grabbing the other ring. He took Steve's right hand and slid it onto his right ring finger, before kissing his hand.

"'Till the end of the line," he soothed.

"'Till the end of the line," Steve choked out, biting down on his lip as he tried to stop himself from grinning like an idiot.

"You're such a punk," Bucky sighed.

"I just didn't know how you'd react," Steve replied.

"Cute, real cute," Bucky chuckled.

"Hmm, you're being mean, what did Tony tell you?" Steve asked.

"Nothing at all. We had a nice talk on our way here," Bucky answered.

"I don't believe it," the blonde murmured.

"Well you better," the brunette rebuked.

Bucky was looking back down at the rings, when Steve looked over at the band and gave a small nod to the vocalist who gave him a smile and a nod in return. Steve got to his feet and held out his hand to Bucky, who stared up at him in confusion.

"Dance with me," he spoke.

"It's been a while," Bucky muttered, biting down on his lip.

"I'll help you baby," Steve assured him.

He couldn't say no to that damn face. Bucky took Steve's hand as he stood up, following Steve to the wooden flooring near the band for people to dance on. Steve's arm wrapped around Bucky, hand resting on his waist, his other hand slowly clasping Bucky's. The brunette smiled slightly and rested his metal arm around Steve's neck. They started to sway as the band started playing, Bucky's smile growing even wider.

I stand at your gate and the song that I sing is of moonlight

I stand and I wait for the touch of your hand in the June night

The roses are sighing a Moonlight Serenade

Steve drew Bucky in closer, forehead resting on his. If there was one thing in the world he enjoyed doing it was gazing into Bucky's eyes for a long time when given the chance. That chance was now and Steve wasn't going to let it slip away. Bucky's eyes were wide and bright, his smile lighting up like a thousand stars.

The stars are aglow and tonight how their light sets me dreaming

My love, do you know that your eyes are like stars brightly beaming?

I bring you and I sing you a Moonlight Serenade

Bucky's head moved to rest on Steve's shoulder, his breath ghosting on his ear.

"You know how to sway a fella' babydoll," he whispered.

The blonde chuckled.

"Doesn't take much with you sweetheart," he replied.

Bucky grinned and glanced at the promise ring on his finger, feeling his heart flip all over again. He breathed a deep sigh and dropped his right hand, bringing his arm around Steve's neck to join the metal one. Steve's arms coiled loosely around his waist, fingers splayed on his lower back.

"You're a natural still Buck," he commented.

"What I wanna' know is, when did you learn to dance?" Bucky questioned.

"Learnt from the best," Steve answered.

"You we're watchin' me huh? Dancin' with all those dames?" the brunette asked.

"Yeah, watched every step you were takin'," Steve hummed.

His boyfriend brushed his thumbs on the nape of Steve's neck and pulled back to look at him.

Let us stray till break of day in love's valley of dreams

Just you and I, a summer sky, a heavenly breeze kissin' the trees

"Jealous much?" he mused.

"Very," Steve murmured, eyes half lidded. "Was jealous of anybody who got to be close to you in more ways than one," he added.

"Steve..." Bucky breathed out, feeling the blonde's hands press on his lower back.

"Bucky..." Steve soothed, in the same hushed tone as Bucky's.

He could see them then, those 'bedroom eyes' that Tony talked about. Bucky let out a shaky breath as he closed his eyes, feeling Steve's arms tighten around him to bring him that inch closer. His heart was drumming in his chest so loud he could hear it in his ears, drowning out the sounds of the band, the people, who he was sure had their eyes resting on himself and Steve. The blonde dipped his head and gave him a quick kiss, but it meant everything to Bucky. It meant the world. He could feel the warmth of Steve radiating off of him and he knew then and there he had to do something. That tonight was that night for something special. Bucky didn't give a damn who was looking, he brought Steve down to meet his lips, kissing him with an even deeper passion than before as they still danced in time with the beat and each other. With that kiss he was telling Steve he wanted it, wanted him, in more ways that one. Only him.

So don't let me wait, come to me tenderly in the June night

I stand at your gate and I sing you a song in the moonlight

A love song, my darling, a Moonlight Serenade

~~~&~~~

"I swear I didn't mean to knock you into the fountain! I'm sorry Bucky!" Steve apologised, rushing after Bucky after he'd killed the engine of his Harley.

"Steve, for the last time, it's fine. It was refreshing," Bucky replied.

"But we were on a date!" Steve exclaimed.

Bucky groaned and pressed the button for their floor, leaning against one of the walls. He was starting to feel a little cold now from his damp clothes, but he wasn't angry. If anything it was hilarious and Bucky was howling with laughter when he resurfaced. Yet Steve just stared in blatant shock when he'd realised what he'd done. Bucky made a mental note not to cheekily goose Steve on the ass when they were near fountains, or ponds, or anything with water steeping inside it.

"You think I'm mad at you don't you?" he questioned, arms folded over his chest as he raised an eyebrow at Steve.

The blonde stood with his back hunched, his hands on his knees as he shook his head.

"I'm so careless and stupid," he wavered.

"Steve c'mere for god's sake," Bucky grunted, holding his hand out to his boyfriend.

Steve straightened himself up and wandered over to Bucky, settling into his personal space. It was nearing 11pm when they'd finally made it home and it seemed that everybody else in the tower was asleep. Maybe not Tony, but that was just him on a daily basis. Bucky placed his hands on the small if Steve's back, untucking his shirt from his pants. Steve shuddered when Bucky's fingers lingered on his bare skin, metal fingers gliding up the curve of his back. He took Bucky's lips in his and ran his tongue over the brunette's bottom lip, earning a huff from Bucky who parted his lips to allow Steve better access. Bucky's metal fingers dug into Steve's skin, a gasp slipping from the blonde's mouth, hips pressing Bucky further against the wall. They'd touched and kissed like this before, but for Bucky it felt different, like fire was licking across his skin, and burning him up on the inside. Steve peppered kisses down to his jaw, to his neck, hearing Bucky's breath hitch when he kissed over a certain part. The blonde smirked and parted his lips, before biting down, a grunt leaving Bucky's throat, his teeth biting down into his lower lip.

"S-teve," he grumbled, bringing his hands to the front and pushing lightly on Steve's torso.

"You were offering," Steve teased, pecking his lips on Bucky's, before stepping away.

Bucky huffed and pushed himself off the wall as the elevator opened to their floor. He sauntered out and made his course for the bedroom, until an arm encircled his waist from behind, dragging him back against Steve's broad chest.

"And just where do you think you're going?" Steve purred, nuzzling into Bucky's neck.

"The shower," Bucky answered.

"Don't be long," Steve whispered, giving Bucky's ear a small nip.

The brunette shivered and moved away from Steve, unbuttoning his shirt as he walked down the hallway. Steve was watching him, hands resting lazily on his hips as Bucky peeled his damp shirt off, throwing it into the laundry. The blonde's eyes travelled down Bucky's bare back, taking in the curves and the ripples of muscles that moved as he walked. Bucky knew he was watching, he could feel his eyes burning into his skull. He stopped by the door, palm resting on it to push it open, until he looked back down the hallway.

Steve's eyes were still on him, those intense, lustful bedroom eyes, and fuck if it didn't stir something in the pit of Bucky's stomach then he was clearly he had been blind the whole time. He swallowed heavily before retreating into the room, working on his belt as it clattered to the floor. Steve's footsteps were heavy on the floor in the kitchen, and Bucky could hear the fridge door opening so he knew he'd be okay to go and have his shower for the time being. He stripped out of the rest of his clothing, throwing them all to the side to go into the laundry, save for his shoes.

The shower was big, big enough for two, himself and Steve often found themselves in there when Steve came home from missions. Bucky would wash lotions over him, knead his tense muscles and kissed every fading bruise that was healing on his skin. His vision whited out for a moment at the thought of it going further than that as Bucky staggered into the shower, hands trembling as he turned the taps on. When the warm water hit him he sighed and rested his hands on the shower wall, hanging his head and closing his eyes. He could still feel Steve's lips on his skin and it only made him shudder again as he grabbed for the shower wash.

They all had some sort of fragrance to them and Bucky remembered the first time he shared a shower with Steve and saw all the bottles up on the shelf, finding it amusing and laughing for a good ten minutes until Steve shut him up with a kiss. But now he liked how they smelt, they smelt better on Steve but Bucky was always 'borrowing' some. He lathered it on his skin, soaping up his body before washing it under the spray. He'd only wanted to have a quick shower, just to warm up after his spontaneous fall into the fountain, hands reaching out to turn the taps off again.

"God damn teasing, sexy boyfriend," he huffed, to himself, shaking his head as he stepped out.

Bucky grabbed a towel and gave himself a quick dry, before wrapping the towel low on his waist. He grabbed a smaller towel and ruffled it in his hair, drying it as much as possible so droplets weren't dropping everywhere when he went to lie down in bed. His metal hand came to rest on the small of his back as he groaned slightly, throwing the towel to the side. The brunette opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom, his eyes immediately falling on the bed. There was soft music playing in the background, the lights dimmed and the curtains drawn. Steve was lying under the sheets on his stomach, the sheets settled just below his waist, underwear peeping just above them. Bucky rested his hands on his hips, eyes trailing up the curve of Steve's back, before he settled on the blonde's face. He was reading and he had his glasses on that Bucky was supposed to find absolutely dorky. But Steve just looked...breathtaking.

"Tell me how those glasses can make you look both dorky and sexy," he spoke, drawing Steve's attention away from the book.

Steve smirked, his eyes looking Bucky up and down as he closed the book with a light 'slap' when the pages fell together. He slowly dragged the glasses off his face and Bucky could have sworn he was doing it on purpose. Fucker he thought.

"I don't know, you tell me how you look so sexy in a towel," Steve retorted.

This bastard! Bucky thought, rolling his eyes at Steve.

"Nice shower?" he asked.

"It was, still can't get over how good the water pressure is," Bucky replied.

The blonde snorted and pulled the sheet down, tapping his hand on the empty space, a small smile on his face.

"Come to bed," he hummed.

Bucky sauntered over to the bed, purposely putting a sway into his stride, watching as Steve's tongue darted out to run across his bottom lip. Payback he thought. The brunette settled down on the bed, rolling onto his stomach. He groaned and dropped his face into the pillow, feeling his back twinge again.

"You alright sweetheart?" Steve questioned.

"I think I might have hurt my back a little from falling into that fountain," Bucky signed, words slightly muffled.

"Now I just feel even worse. Just relax, I'll make you feel better," the blonde soothed.

His boyfriend hummed and turned his head to the left as Steve shifted closer, placing himself between Bucky's legs. He rested his hands on Bucky's back and started to rub his hands down the tightened muscles, kneading into them at a slow pace. Bucky closed his eyed and sighed softly, losing himself in the sensation of Steve's fingers working into his tense muscles. Steve lent down and started dropping kisses down Bucky's back, right in the curve of his spine, before moving back up and just brushing his lips against the brunette's skin.

"Steve," Bucky whispered, shifting his hips slightly.

Steve grinned and ran his hands done to Bucky's ankles, smoothing them up the backs of his legs, his thighs and just under his towel. Bucky responded with a hushed gasp, body shuddering slightly as he lent up on his elbows. The blonde towered over Bucky again, his head tilted to look at Bucky, seeing the flushed look on his face. He kneaded his hands into the backs of Bucky's thighs, drawing out a breathless moan as Bucky hung his head.

"Been a long time baby," Steve breathed out, pressing a kiss to Bucky's temple.

"Mm," Bucky muttered, eyes half lidded and lips parted.

"Been waitin' for you to notice," the blonde purred.

His knees were planted on either side of Bucky's waist now as he rolled his hips down, eliciting another gasp from the brunette. Bucky could feel how hard Steve was getting and it only set him off as he bit down on his lip.

"God Steve," he murmured.

Steve's hands caressed down his ribs to his waist, rubbing small circles as he kissed the hollow between Bucky's shoulder blades. Bucky keened and let his head fall back, his mouth open and eyes pooling with black. He didn't want to hold back now, all those times they danced around the thought of it, all those times it looked like it would go further but didn't, Bucky was going to let Steve know he wanted it.

"Buck," Steve mumbled, pushing the brunette's hair back behind his ear.

"Yeah?" Bucky choked out, swallowing back the groan in his throat as Steve massaged his thumbs into Bucky's lower back.

"I need you to be sure you want to go through with this," Steve answered.

"Steve, I love you, there's nothing I wouldn't be okay to go through with," Bucky replied.

"Alright baby, alright," Steve soothed.

"We'll go slow," he hummed.

"Oh Steve..." Bucky whispered.

The only word that left his mouth that night was Steve's name, breathless and loud in the late hours of the night. Bucky's own moonlight serenade.

~~~&~~~

The following morning, Steve and Bucky couldn't exactly keep their hands off each other. Everyone cooked breakfast on certain days and on Sundays it was Bucky and Steve's duty. That also gave them the right to pick the music that played, so of course they sifted through the list JARVIS gave them, before realising half of it was Tony's. Steve opened up his account on Youtube and went into his playlists where he had a list of music by Parov Stelar that Natasha had told him about. So by then Steve and Bucky were dancing around in the kitchen to electro swing music. Bucky brought himself in close to Steve, his arm wrapping around the blonde's waist as he smiled up at him and swayed back out. Steve smirked and grabbed Bucky's wrist, pulling him back in and pressing him flush against his chest, making Bucky chuckle as he lent up to kiss Steve. Tony was nursing a mug of coffee along with Sam, Clint, Natasha, Bruce and Thor, Sebastian at his feet. Sebastian was worn out from his morning jog with Sam and Tony since they looked after him last night, so now he was simply resting.

"They seem rather chipper from what I heard in the elevator last night," Tony spoke.

"What do you mean?" Natasha asked.

"Something about Steve being sorry for knocking Bucky into a fountain or something," Tony replied.

Clint chose the wrong time to take a sip of coffee, the liquid spraying out of his mouth as he started laughing. Natasha kicked him under the table and he groaned, nursing his sore leg while staring daggers at her. Their attention turned to Steve and Bucky as Steve was flipping over a pancake, while Bucky crept up on him. Tony raised an eyebrow when Bucky pinched Steve on the ass, making Steve jump as he turned around and practically fucking giggled at his boyfriend.

"They did it," Tony mused. "They fondued," he added.

That caught the attention of Steve and Bucky as they turned around to look at Tony, Bucky pressed up against Steve's back.

"No Tony, what did I say it was," Bucky muttered.

Tony sneered.

"Oh you made whoopie, that's right," he taunted.

Steve blushed and scowled at Bucky.

"So that's what you talked about before we met for our date?" he huffed.

"Nothing detailed honey I promise," Bucky whispered, nuzzling Steve's neck.

"You're both grossly affectionate, I'm looking away now," Tony gagged, spinning in his seat again.

Bucky chuckled and scooped the pancake out of the frying pan, placing it onto the stack that they had made. Steve rested his hands on the small of Bucky's back, brushing his fingers just above his waistband.

"Last night was perfect," he hummed.

"You're tellin' me, I'm looking forward to our shower after breakfast," Bucky whispered, trailing his fingers up the nape of Steve's neck.

"You better be, just wait 'till I go to town with you," Steve purred.

Groans emitted from over at the table and Bucky rested his hand on Steve's chest with wide eyes.

"Steve, not in front of the children," he gasped.

Steve snorted and kissed Bucky's nose, before turning back to grab the plate of pancakes. Tony turned back around when he was sure there was nothing bad happening in his kitchen.

"So which one is Mom and which one is Dad?" he questioned.

"Oh Bucky is definitely Mom," Steve laughed, wandering over to the table.

"Hey! Watch it asshole," Bucky growled, pointing his finger at Steve.

"Steve doesn't like those words," Natasha chimed.

"Bite me Romanov," Steve jeered.

"Don't test me," Natasha muttered.

"Please, should have heard Stevie last night," the brunette hummed.

"Bucky!" Steve snapped, sitting down at the table.

"He dropped the f-bomb twice," Bucky continued.

Tony gasped dramatically.

"Captain, I am disappointed," he scolded.

"Please you'd still adore your dear Captain anyway," Steve taunted.

"You caught me, so once you're done with Barnes you should come meet me in my room, I'll show you a good time," Tony murmured, winking at Steve with a smirk.

Clint, Sam and Natasha tried to hide their laughter as Bucky whipped around from where he was standing at the fridge.

"The fuck did you just say Stark!" he yelled.

Tony tilted his head with a grin, tapping his fingers on his mug.

"Just organising a little whoopie with Steve that's all," he answered.

"You can fucking back off or I'll fucking break everything you own," Bucky threatened.

Steve started laughing, hand slapping on the table as he threw his head back. Bucky scowled at him and then at everyone else who either had trembling shoulders or were making spluttering noises, mouths covered by their hands,

"You did that on purpose!" he accused.

"Money in the swear jar Barnes, cough it up," Tony answered.

"I hate all of you," Bucky grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Aw, look at that face," Steve crooned, beaming at Bucky

"Don't you just want to pinch his cheeks and cuddle him in a blanket," Sam commented.

Bucky grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and sighed, shutting it roughly. Steve looked over at Bucky and raised an eyebrow as the brunette shook his head, waving him off.

"Dig in everyone, we've got a big day of fun planned," he issued, before standing up.

He wandered back over to the kitchen where Bucky was leaning against the counter. His eyes were laced with concern as Bucky looked up at him.

"Bucky what's wrong, did I do something to upset you?" he questioned.

"No, no you didn't, just having one of my off days. Was happy just before, but now I'm just-" Bucky paused, shaking his head.

"It's alright Buck, you're okay," Steve soothed.

His hands sat on Bucky's waist as he held him close and kissed his temple.

"I got you baby, always got you," he added.

Bucky's head fell against Steve's chest, arms wrapped around him tightly.

"Don't wanna' lose you Stevie," he whispered, breathing shakily.

"Is that what you were dreaming about this morning? Could feel you jolting in your sleep," Steve replied.

Bucky nodded and nestled his face into the crook of Steve's neck.

"They finished you off because I couldn't. Couldn't stop cryin' and screamin' as I held onto your lifeless body," he choked out.

"Hey," Steve mumbled, pushing Bucky back to cup his face. "Not gonna' happen. You're stuck with me," he muttered.

"Promise?" the brunette breathed out.

"Promise," Steve mused.

They embraced again and Steve breathed a deep sigh of relief because the last time they talked about this Bucky was trying to fight him. He didn't want to have the team see that unfold and he didn't want Bucky to go through all that stress again. It was a time that Steve thought he was losing Bucky all over again. That was the first argument that he said he had with Bucky, he knew he could handle it on his own and didn't need to tell the team about it.

"We'll get breakfast later," the blonde spoke, tugging lightly on Bucky's hand. "Let me remind you how much I promise to stay by your side. We've got twenty minutes," he added, earning a small smile from Bucky.

Steve simply gave Tony a reassuring nod to let him know things were okay.

"Come with me," he whispered, kissing Bucky's cheek lightly.

And Bucky followed, because he'd follow Steve anywhere. He'd follow him to the ends of the Earth if he had to. He'd follow Steve 'till the end of the line, just like they promised.

~~~&~~~

A/N: The last chapter is going to step up a level from the promise rings if you know what I mean. And it'll be a Christmas chapter! I'm hoping to end it on a wonderful ending.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

398 27 22
Bucky knew moving would be hard. But then he met a gorgeous blond named Steve. They hit it off and fell for each other. But only time can show how st...
2.5K 45 41
Bucky goes on a journey to find the origin of a letter he dreamt about. In the process, he discovers that he has a past life he knows nothing about...
33.5K 1.3K 21
Bucky and Steve are best friends. It's obvious from how they are with each other. But what happens when they overstep that line of friendship and beg...
91.8K 3.2K 15
(after the movie Civil War) Steve and Bucky must flee together, the Winter Soldiers' enemies wanting to take Bucky down. They grow closer than ever a...