Paradise Rock | ONGOING🇯🇲

By -Shaunarae-

Jordin Blake is a Jamaican teen living in the parish of St.Catherine and attending the prestigious St. Jago H... More

Mr. Perkinson
Home Problems
Caught In The Act
Scars
The Kiss
Casamigos
Say It Again
The Calm
Before
The Strom
Secrets Untold
10 Truths, 1 Lie
Weh Di Gramoxone?
What Are Your Intentions?
Chem Lab
Something New
Class 210.
What Happened?
No Deep Breaths
The Lucky One
Serenity.
Secrets
Refund
Come Over
Funeral
Who To Trust?
Anyone Can Be A Killer
Who Get Di Blame?
Graduation
Runaway Girl
Pop It!
Bathroom

KFC With The Ex

467 53 32
By -Shaunarae-

☆ Jordin's POV ☆

-
-
-

The next four days of community service came and went, passing through like a bird soaring through the high skies. It was never good though.

Those 4 days felt like the most excruciating downright moments.

Rajauny has warmed up to me in some senses, over the past few days he's made sure to text me every morning and night. Sometimes we would even stay on calls for hours.

It cute if yuh ask me.

Natalia on the other hand, has been eerily quiet. She talks to me occasionally, but it's ever so rarely, which is weird to me seeing as she usually tries to get on my nerves with the most minor things.

It's as if she's given up, same for Dontae.

Mi know mi fi be happy and all, but Miss Sharon once tell me, "Wah sweet Nanny goat ago run him belly".

Mi get too much radam since di year start, mi tyad now man.

Graduation is around the corner, it feels so unreal to know that after this...I'm well on my own. But that's just the cycle of life, and I'm happy to be out of this place.

Tiad a dem fake teacher and pickney yah, sometimes mi juss wah poke out dem yiy.

A tap on my right elbow prompts me to look to the side to find the source.

"Your b seh mi fi gi yuh dis" Gabriel talked in a hushed tone, poking me with a tiny piece of paper laying between her index and pointer fingers.

I took the paper from her before taking a glance at Rajauny who sat a few seats behind me.

A smile graced my lips when I saw his smile, instantly I rolled my eyes before uncrumpling the paper and reading the contents.

Wah me spoil yuh wid kfc later?

 ~Such man                                         

Den dah bwoy yah serious?

I tried to stifle a laugh while showing the paper to Gabriel who busted out laughing.

"Something you would like to share Ms. Brown?" Our maths teacher was staring intently our way.

See now dis is why mi cya show har nothing, come like some likkle pot a kekkle.

"No sir my apologies"

I rolled my eyes at her idiocy before glancing back to Rajauny who still sported that stupid smile on his face.  I gave him a smile of my own before nodding, hoping he understood, and then turning back to face the board. My smile still on my face.

Maybe my life was starting to look up.

‿̩͙‿ ༺ ♰ ༻ ‿̩͙‿   ♰ ༻ ‿̩͙‿♰ ༻ ‿̩͙‿♰ ༻ ‿̩͙‿

Yuh know a chu when dem seh "when yuh inna happy relationship yuh gain weight". Cause look how mi pants cya pass mi batty doh God!

All if me and di bwoy nuh deh, a still my man suh same ting yah.

"Suck in yuh gut and ben yuh back" Gabriel was fighting with the cargo pants trying to get them over my waist.

"Yuh nuh see a dat mi a do idiot gyal, juss draw up e sumn nuh man!" I hissed before exhaling a deep breath.

A loud hiss came from behind me before the pants were drawn over my butt with one big pull.

"stop nyam suh much a dat yuh fi do" Gabriel rolled her eyes before walking backwards and dropping herself down on my bed. 

I ignored her words before taking a deep breath so I could both zip and button the cargo.

hot gyal affi be hot gyal, all mi do is nuh skin out or bend too much.

"Wear a baggy blouse or a crop top?"

"mi nah help yuh squeeze in yuh titi ina nuh crop top suh yuh try guh find a nice graphic tee" Gabriel stated paying no attention to me whatsoever.

I ignored her words before walking back over to my vanity draws, digging through them trying to find a graphic tee that would match well with the beige cargo pants and white Air Force.

"white or black?"

Gabby looked over to where I stood with two tees in my arm, she sported a puzzled look on her face glancing between both tees. Finally deciding, she pointed to the white graphic tee.

I gave it a once over before shrugging and throwing it on.

"How me look?" I poked out my lips in a kissy face turning around and giving her a brief 360.

Before Gabriel got the time to reply to me there was a shrill ring of my phone echoing through the room.

"Nah fi ask christ a Rajauny dat" Gabriel rolled her eyes while getting up from the bed to hand me the phone.

A did Rajauny of course.

With a swipe upwards the other end of the line came crackling.  "Jordi?" Rajauny's voice husked.

"Swear mi neva get tired hearing yuh voice" I admitted with a smile.

Juss a imagine him sex noise dem, probably all drop and dead to rass.

"Know yuh did love me from a taller time" Rajauny laughed from the other end of the call.

"Unu shut the fuck up nuh, come like two parasites ina mi ears" Gabby grabbed a pillow clamping it over her ear and stifling herself in the process.

"Yuh nave a yard a yuh own?" Rajauny sapped back.

I hissed my teeth before standing and walking out of the room with a pissed Gabriel shouting derogatory terms behind me.

Just as soon as the door closed I started talking once more, "Ignore har please, why did you call though?".

"I'm almost at your gate so I hope you're ready"

I stopped in my tracks at his words.

"Weh di rass yuh mean mi gate? Yuh wah Grace murda mi rass in yah?!" I whisper shouted trying not to gain too much attention from my mom.

"Yuh try tek yuh rass and park up di road yere, mi soon come" I didn't wait for his response hanging up the phone and making my way back to the room.

"Come on Rajauny seh him almost reach"

Nobody cyah seh mi ano con artist. Knowing Gracey she, she nah guh mek mi leff mi yard fi nuh man suh mi juss tell har seh mi and Gabriel have assignment.

If she even did know seh mi did a sleep ova Gabriel fi any other reason, she woulda try murda me. Best belive she still ave up Gabby from di girl cuss har out.

Hand in hand me and Gabriel walked to where Rajauny said he was parked, conversing as we went along.

"Dah pants deh look like yuh can hardly breathe in deh" a voice interrupted our conversation.

"Because mi a fight fi breathe in deh" I snapped back at Jauny with a roll of my eyes.

" suh why wear it then?" He asked while opening the passenger door for me to get in.

"Because it mek me look swag"

He shook his head with a laugh before opening the driver's side of the car and getting in.

"Suh mi nah get princess treatment and dem ting deh too?"

I looked to the back window of the car to see Gabriel outside glaring at Rajauny in the front seat.

"Yuh have two hand right? Open e door and siddung before mi leff yuh"

Di two a dem fight like mi madda and fadda afta mommy find out seh she get bun again.

"Who sorry fi yuh and gi yuh car? Yuh even have a liscene?" As soon as Gabriel seated she spoke.

"A mine and no, so unu try pray seh police nuh ketch we" He laughed out loudly.

"Yuh sick ina yuh head eno"

"Mi mother tell mi dat already"

Kill mi now mi cyah tek dem room yah.

‿̩͙‿ ༺ ♰ ༻ ‿̩͙‿   ♰ ༻ ‿̩͙‿♰ ༻ ‿̩͙‿♰ ༻ ‿̩͙‿

People cyah cook a dem yard?

Di KFC line longer dan e hair panmi granny pum-pum. And more people still a come in.

What a condition.

Thanks be to God Rajauny did order beforehand. Because best believe mi woulda walk back outta dis rass.

We sat around a two-seater table conversing while we ate.

Everything is perfect.

"Rajauny Perkinson?"

I snapped my head to the side at the call of a feminine voice.

"Rajauny? Long time mi nuh see yuh eno"

A short yet thick brownskin girl stood before me looking between me and Rajuny before settling her eyes on him.

"Same here"

A soft smile was on Rajauny's face as he spoke to the short girl who stood before us.

"Suh how yuh been the past few months?"  Her eyes were trained on Rajauny as she spoke.

Dem figet mi deh yasso?

An awkward cough passed by my lips as I tried to regain the pair's attention.

Their eyes snapped to me finally remembering I was still seated with them.

"Oh, Jordin this is Toni-ann....my ex-girlfriend"

1

2

3

4

5

A 5 we fi count to fi release pressure because dis nah work.

And him ave mi siddung yasso like one likkle clown while him chat to him ex?

God yuh see and yuh know ino.

"Hiiiii, I'm Toni-Ann as he said, but call me Toni for short"

Her voice had an irritating shrillness to it, it was soft yet occasionally had a scratch you'd hear from the microphones in church.

I flashed my best fake smile at her, "Hi Toni-ann, I'm Jordin"

I stretched out my hand for her to shake which she did. They were a bit smaller than mine, but extremely cold.

Suh har body fi cold too mek she dead.

"So how have you been these past few months Rajji?" Toni-ann's attention was back on Rajauny.

The pair continued to talk for what seemed like forever. Toni-ann looming over Rajauny cracking a few jokes here and there.

Yuh know wah, mek mi juss excuse miself.

I managed to silently slip out from the stool and to the bathroom without gaining the attention of the two. Not like dem woulda even notice since they were so engrossed in their conversation.

"Yuh woulda neva guess who juss pop up a di people dem KFC gyal" I called Gabriel as soon as I made it to the bathroom.

She was breathing hard on the other side of the line, finally, she responded, "Who?".

"Nuh Rajauny ex, bredda right now mi a cut from yasso ino cause mi nah do dis" My frustration was getting more and more by the second.

A loud grunt came from the other side of the line.

"Gyal a fuck yah fuck? Yk wah mi devén wah know, juss mek sure him leff before mi reach cause mi nah listen to him crusty balls dem a slap pan yuh saggy batty" I ended the call with an eye roll.

It didn't take long for me to recollect myself as I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. Then against my good will I decided to head out and just tell Rajauny I didn't feel well or something.

Nevermind.

I backed away towards the exit upon seeing the scene before me. Toni-ann was sitting in my spot eating from Rajauny's plate, both of them laughing and talking freely.

Weh mi even come yasso fah?

I hissed my teeth loudly when I made my way out in the open. The fresh breeze slapped me against my face. It felt like a reality check, God knows mi did want one man.

Mi feel fi be a mad gyal and walk gah Gabby yard, mi a walk, by den hat man muss leff.

A few cars slowed down and beeped at me a few times, but I fanned them off letting them know that I was okay.

Right now mi juss wah dwell ina di darkness. Right now all Rajauny cyah come seh 40 to mi ino? A darkness mi a pree right now.

I wasn't too far from Gabby's house, it had been maybe a good 10 minutes of walking. I knew I was near her house as soon as I saw the raggedy pothole road. Stone jumped from bank to bank as I kicked them out of frustration.

JLP nah do dem nuh justice fi real.

I continued kicking stones but abruptly stopped once I realized one had accidentally hit something in the distance.

I quickly turned to apologize to the person, except I wasn't a person.

A loud growl erupted from the mongrel before he started charging right towards me.

NOT A RASS!

-

unu like the chap? if not boo hoo.👀😩.

Follow my booktok: _shaunarae
Follow my bookstagram: Shauna.rae_

Vote, Comment, Follow

Love,

Shauna💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

657K 15K 38
From the outside Juliet Kingston seems to have the perfect life. She has popularity, beauty and a famous dad who seemingly spoils her rotten. But nob...
63.2K 4.6K 36
𝕬 𝕵𝖆𝖒𝖆𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝕹𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖑 "Mhi cah badda wid stress inuh, as of today just act like yuh nuh know mhi" (PURELY FICTION!!)
118K 7.2K 33
Book 1 Brittney (Britt) Johnson, is a 16-year-old student from Jamaica, she attends The Wolmer's High School She's an only child of a single mother s...
7.7K 453 29
𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴