My Lost Soul

By RealMadao

On a different Earth, a nuclear accident in the midst of WW3 spreads radiation throughout the world, leaving... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Fury
Chapter 2 - Relations
Chapter 3 - A Close Kept Fire
Chapter 4 - But a Distant Truth
Chapter 5 - 30 Minutes
Chapter 6 - A Wish
Chapter 7 - Eye of The Tiger
Chapter 8 - The Man of Truth
Chapter 9 - The Concealed Injustice
Chapter 10 - Spade Mask
Chapter 11 - A Conversation
Chapter 12 - You Are Special
Chapter 13 - Chameleon and Snake
Chapter 14 - Wish I Could Understand
Chapter 15 - New Allies, New Mysteries
Chapter 16 - A Leap in the Dark
Chapter 17 - Your Shadow
Chapter 18 - Conquer Your fEAR
Chapter 19 - Heroic Flames
Chapter 20 - Fate's Hands
Chapter 21 - Old, Red Spider Lily
Chapter 22 - Love the White Noise!
Chapter 23 - JanuEri in April
Chapter 24 - Way of the World
Chapter 25 - The Playroom
Chapter 26 - High Value
Chapter 27 - Artificial Blood
Chapter 28 - Protecting
Chapter 29 - Operation Ghostbusters?
Chapter 30 - Unknown Love
Chapter 31 - Hunter's Hunt
Chapter 32 - War Machines
Chapter 33 - Yonai
Chapter 34 - Glees Turner
Chapter 35 - Councilman Dillemma
Chapter 36 - Alcatrat
Chapter 37 - The Best of Three
Chapter 38 - The Third Sky
Chapter 39 - "Lans"
Chapter 40 - Two Sides to Every Coin
Chapter 41 - How It Came to Be
Chapter 42 - The Black Stained Curtain
Chapter 43 - A Fitting Grave
Chapter 44 - What is. . . Happening?
Chapter 46 - Omega's Curse
Chapter 47 - Assessing Damages
Chapter 48 - Our Realities
Chapter 49 - Soul is Alive
Chapter 50 - Asura's Ego

Chapter 45 - Thank You, My Soul

2 0 0
By RealMadao

"It's quite dark now." Steele walked around the pitch-black lobby, "The curtain certainly isn't helping." Silence still permeated through the whole building.

He's plotting something, is he waiting for me to act? Steele thought as he walked around.

"You can't have gone very far, so I'm sure you can hear me." He announced. His eyes bulged out of his sockets and blinked rapidly, "Adaptation is one of my specialties, Uncle. I can still see in the dark. Although, it can be quite...repulsive." Steele groaned.

Uyama tip-toed down the dark hallway with only socks on his feet. That's right, He thought as the sweat poured down his face, Keep shifting. Your painkillers are bound to wear out, then you'll regret taking me lightly!

Steele looked around with his new eyes, spotting a pair of shoes scattered on the floor. "A clue..." He picked up the shoes as his nose turned into that of a dog and sniffed. "Not the strongest trail, but it works. The hunt begins." The scent led him down a dark hallway, but Uyama wasn't in sight.

I have to keep out of sight for now, Uyama thought as he crept behind the corner, settling against the wall. He began thinking about the others.

I'm sure they're tired too. They're strong, but in their state, I doubt they'd be able to beat him. So...

He readied the pistol in his hand as he peeked around the corner. His lower lip trembled, I'll help you however I can.

Steele looked down at his watch and sighed, "I miscalculated. I'll have to end this soon." His shoes clanked on the floor, then finally stopped. He turned to his left, staring at the dark door in the hallway.

That's it, get in the-

A sharp tentacle stretched out past his cheek, slicing his skin. Blood dripped down his cheek as he gasped quietly, stumbling on the ground before beginning to run away. The tentacle retracted behind the wall, followed by a silhouette turning the corner. "I have eyes on the back of my head. You can't fool me." Steele smirked as he walked behind Uyama. Uyama turned around and shot at him, Steele dodged his bullets.

There's no outrunning him at this point, Uyama thought as his feet weighed down on the ground, I just have to hope... He turned to a light switch on the wall and flipped it. A blinding light filled the hallway making Steele's eyes burn red.

...that he keeps underestimating me! With a powerful kick against the ground, he charged at the stunned Steele while reloading his gun. Steele's eyes started to return to normal as he palmed his face. Uyama's fist crashed into his gut, forcing Steele to fully revert. He whipped his pistol, three bangs echoed through his ears as Steele stumbled back.

His back hunched over and blood leaking from his body, Steele's voice turned raspy. "Ha..." He wheezed out as he looked up at Uyama, his mouth hanging open. "You. Done it now..."

Steele's body began expanding just as Uyama started shooting again. "Shit!" Uyama backed away as the bullets bounced off of him.

"I'm done playing with you," Steele growled as his arms extended and crashed through the wall. With a deep moan, he swung his fist arms across, tearing through the building. Uyama ducked as the fist grazed his hair. Looking up at Steele's sullied face malforming within itself, his face softened. The roof was beginning to collapse around him. He perked up.

Wait, maybe there's a chance. He thought as he looked behind him at an emergency exit at the end of the hallway. Maybe—just maybe—I can change this!

With another burst of strength, he dashed towards the exit as the ceiling crashed. A sharp feeling enveloped him. He twisted the handle and opened the door.

———

"It's really bad, but..." Kitt groaned as he looked around, the fire spreading throughout the buildings, stirring smoking in the air, "With what we know, most of the survivors should be safe now. At least we have a Disaster Alleviation branch to take care of the rest."

Omari sighed, "So much drama all of a sudden...why?" His hollow cheeks sunk even further.

As Kitt was about to speak, Machida spoke up, "It's just a theory, but it could be this thing here." He crossed his arms as he faced the pitch-black curtain. Omega stood still in front of it.

"Steele told me about this curtain that was raised over the city, saying that it 'hid everything it had to offer'. Somehow, we never saw it. Maybe...this chaos is what it had to offer as well."

Omari looked away from them and groaned, "You said the survivors were safe. How many have...died?"

"Nobody's counted yet—"

"At least 500." A new voice entered with a gust of wind. Wings retracted into his back as he settled on the ground.

"The Angel." Machida murmured, "Don't tell me you're also planning on fighting."

Ael looked over to Omega, then back at Machida. He began walking towards Omega as everyone watched in silence. Omega still stared at the curtain. Ael leaned down to his ear and whispered, "Lans."

Omega didn't respond.

"It's pointless. It's out of your reach. There is nothing you can do."

Omega's wide eyes pulled away from the curtain forcefully, meeting Ael's. Ael's brows lowered as he leaned closer in. His breath laid upon Omega's face.

"There's no more running from this. It's time for you to wake up." Ael gripped his shoulder. Omega's lips parted slightly and he slowly turned back to the curtain. Then Ael spoke up, "Enjo Omaron."

Omari's brows furrowed, "What about him?" He asked.

"He was able to receive treatment rather quickly, by the most professional healers. It's rather rare that they have to use their abilities. He's on his way."

"What!?" Kitt exploded from the background, "He's gonna die! He can't move like that!"

Ael squinted harshly at him, "I...acknowledge your concern." He then turned to Omari, "You must be his...' father'."

Omari lowered his chin and grumbled, "Yes." They stared at each other for a while. Ael's shiny eyes scanned his lanky frame.

"You are dying."

"Aren't we all?" Omari responded immediately.

Ael looked down at his hand.

"Perhaps." He took a long breath, "Is it your...humanity that will kill you?"

"You're not making sense."

"I am different than you, but will I age in the same way?"

"Artificials are just copies of the human. The only difference is your name."

Ael squinted again, "Hmph," he said as his back bulged out, exploding into a pair of wings. "Is that so." He flew off with a gust of wind, leaving the four of them silent.

An explosive pair of footsteps could be heard running down the street.

———

"Maybe I can still—just maybe—"

The door swung open with force as Uyama ran out to the grassy yard, his legs shaking from his pumping blood. He looked onward with a hopeful smile.

His smile faded. 

There's no sun.

The adrenaline coursing through his body faded away as the sounds of destruction behind him ensued. He looked down at his body as an ocean of pain drowned him. His clothes were soaked. His lungs felt rigid as he breathed. He turned to the building. The crumbling walls collapsed to the ground, blowing dust in his relaxed face. In the storm of dust, Uyama could see Steele's silhouette.

"I should not have taken you so lightly. You pushed me—" Steele coughed as the dust settled, revealing him in the form of a wolf, "—far too much. There's something I don't understand. Why did you..."

A smile rose on Uyama's face as he looked up at the dark ceiling.

Uyama blinked and found himself in his apartment. He stood in the corner of the dining room. The smell of bacon permeated from the kitchen.

Ah. It's this vision again, He thought as he stared at the chairs at the table. All three were empty. He stared forward, his eyes dulling.

That's all, then?

Slowly, the chairs were pulled out from the table, except for one.

Yeah, there we go...

Omega and Enjo appeared, smiling with plates of hot eggs and bacon.

Yeah...

They began speaking with each other inaudibly, while the third chair stayed empty. He watched them from afar, laughing and eating as the sun shone brightly through the window.

Uyama placed his hand on his chest,

"Thank you, my soul."

Uyama blinked again, greeted by the sound of clanking steel, followed by pattering footsteps. He looked down from the sky.

"Your eyes."

Uyama's eyes held themselves wide open, gleaming bluish-green as they stared at Steele.

"Your eyes see too much." Steele blankly muttered as he raised his paw, transforming into a large scythe.

A cold feeling enveloped Uyama's chest as his smile stretched from ear to ear.

———

Omega stared at the pillar of darkness before him as a voice yelled out.

"Omega! Hey~!" Enjo yelled as he ran down the street, waving his hands with a smile.

Omega turned to watch his figure get closer, his mouth still slightly agape.

A shifting sound came to his ear. He turned back to the curtain.

It's...

Omega watched as the curtain began to fall, the sound of crumbling debris filled back into the atmosphere.

It's going away...

As the darkness began fading away, he caught a wolf's gaze as it stood still in front of the destruction. He looked down.

A body lay there, a gaping hole in his chest, a smile still painted on his face.

Omega's breath weighed on his body. He felt himself collapse under his shaking legs.

"'Yama...'Yama?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 93 12
Sold by my father to a group of strange men, I vow to never trust another male again. When my buyers turn out to be scientists who plan to experimen...
2M 62.9K 64
"I'm not punishing you, kitten." He sneered before holding harder. "I'm reminding you of your place. You should be aware of where you belong." The we...
Silver Lining By

Fanfiction

4K 110 6
Finding out that a lie has pervaded years of your life isn't exactly a great way to end a mission, especially when it results in complete ignorance a...
4.6K 64 12
I thought being kidnapped by heartless scientists was the worst thing that could happen to me. I was wrong. Being rescued by a massive teal alien a...