His Tutor

By ishqaan_DZ

Ishqi has a simple plan for high school: make a few friends, pass her classes, and graduate without any drama... More

1: Gummy Worms
2: Homecoming
3:Lies and Fries
4: Hammers
5: Soup
6: Ballad and Piggybacks
7: Truth Or Dare Or Drink
8: Not a Friend
9: Octopus
10: Sleeping Beauty
11: Allergies
12: Wilbur
13: Boundaries
14: Selfish
15: False Hope
16: My Weakness
17: I want to....but i can't
18: Someone Like Me
19: Cold
20: Pillow
22: Swan
23: Double Date
24: Damage Done
25: Honest
26: Feelings
27: Oblivious
28: cupid
29: decisions?
30: Dense and Denser
31: Prom
32: Perfectly Imperfect
33: Birthday Present
34: Wet Koala
35: Charlotte
NOTE📝
NEW BOOK!!!!

21: Turtle

176 21 39
By ishqaan_DZ

Ishqi pov

I'm relieved the one time I'm sick it's during break. There is no way I can afford to miss a single day, or I would be set back and my grades would plummet. Maybe I'm too dramatic, but I can't depend on people to actually give me a decent summary of what I missed or expect them to have take great notes. All these years, no matter how miserable, I pushed myself to walk to school with a pack of tissues and cough drops.

It couldn't be any more ironic that I yelled at Ahaan for wearing a thin shirt, when I'm the one who got sick. Though, I'm too stubborn to admit it, so I decline his offer to hang out by saying I have to take Wilbur to the vet. I said he had the flu, but I'm not really sure turtles get the flu.

Ahaan: Hey, I'm at the front of your house.

Me: I told you. I'm at the vet. Wilbur's being checked right now.

Ahaan: Turtles can't get the flu, unless the virus mutates, but that would take a long time. Jeez, Ishqi. You take biology and you couldn't make up a believable lie?

Shoot. Ahaan is better than me when it comes to biology. Well, he's better at any subject besides math.

Me: I'm on my period. Leave me alone.

Ahaan: I brought food.

Me: Fine.

I roll off my tissue and mucus covered bed to slowly crawl down the stairs, taking a break every fee steps. After a while, I finally make it the door. I try to compose myself to look decent and less miserable than I was before opening the door.

"Hey," I say, my voice hoarse from a sore throat.

"I brought lasagna." He holds up a plastic bag with two Styrofoam boxes inside.

I made way so Ahaan can come in and he heads towards the kitchen to set it down.

"My mom accidentally doubled the recipe, so she told me to bring you some," Ahaan explains, taking out a box. "I got one box for Ishita and your dad, and this one is for us."

"Thanks." I start to feel better already from the smell of warm tomato sauce and cheese.

"Did you just wake up?" I'm assuming that Ahaan is curious as to why I'm still in pyjama pants and my hair looks like a birds nest.

"Sort of."

"Sorry if I woke you up."

"No, I was already awake. Just didn't get out of bed yet."

Shoot, I didn't even brush my teeth yet. I probably have to do that before I eat.

"You're sick aren't you?"

"Is being in my period considered being sick?"

"You don't think I know you had your period two weeks ago?"

"No, I don't, because that's creepy."

"I'm just trying to be aware so I can supply you with snacks and not get on your nerves," Ahaan says defensively.

"How did you know?"

"You sat weird."

"You know I normally sit?"

"Of course. I'm the president of the Ishqi Kapoor fan club."

"Wow, I was right about the creepy part."

"It's a healthy obsession."

"Let's just eat."

"So you are sick?"

"Yeah," I sigh.

"Ha, and you told me I needed a jacket," Ahaan smugly pokes.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm hungry."

Ahaan splits the huge piece of lasagna into two and place each one on a plate. I immediately start to dig it once he slides to towards me.

"Where's your dad?"

"Somewhere. No one was home when I woke up."

"Oh. Never mind."

"You know something." I suspiciously eye Ahaan and he uncomfortably looks down at his plate. I could tell by the way he sped up his words and glanced at the ceiling.

"What would I know?"

"I don't know. But you're hiding something that has to do with my dad."

"Ishqi, just eat."

"How are you so close with my dad?"

"What do you mean?"

"You watch sports with him, and he invites you to dinner. Even on weekdays! You even come over when I'm not here."

"I come over to see you, but when you're not home I stay for a bit."

"A bit? You mean three hours?"

"Why, you don't like it?"

"No, it's not that... I'm just scared I'll be used to you coming over and then you suddenly won't."

"Ishqi, I'll always come over to raid your food and steal your dad." Ahaan's words are meant to be comical, but he says it with such sincerity.

"You better or I'll stab you with a dirty fork," I hold up my sauce covered utensil to warn him jokingly.

Afterwards, I bury myself back under my germy blankets to nap. Ahaan comes up into my room after he finished the dishes with a stick of celery to feed Wilbur. I peek out to check on them periodically. Ahaan sits on the floor, next to me, while playing on his phone. Wilbur slowly works on eating his celery. Sometimes, Ahaan pinches a piece off and let's Wilbur grabs it from his finger since the celery is too crunchy. My heart melts at the sight of someone who cares for Wilbur as much as I do. Slowly, I melt into a sleep as well.

Groggily, I probe my hands around for a bottle or glass of water, but there isn't any. My sore throat got worse and my tongue was dry and parched so that I couldn't yell for someone downstairs. Making my way to the stairs, a conversation grows more prominent.

"Yeah, I do like Ishqi," says a voice I assume to be Ahaan.

"She doesn't like you?" says Dad, who sits on the couch holding a soda while he stares at the coffee table.

"No."

"Why? Did you make her mad or something?"

"Maybe. I don't know. She says she only wants to be friends."

"Maybe that's my fault. I don't let my daughters date and I made that pretty clear chasing guys away from Ishita."

"What about Ishqi? Did any guys ask her out?" Ahaan asks, seemingly a bit panicked.

"No. Don't get me wrong. Ishqi's a great girl. Of course she is, she's my daughter," Dad chuckles, taking a pause to sip his soda. "I guess she's not really bold or outgoing like Ishita for her to get anyone's attention. I love them both the same though and they're both great."

"Yeah, ishqi's cool. I'm stupid for not noticing it earlier."

"You can't really blame yourself. Heck, I don't even notice when she's home or not since she's no quiet."

"So, do you know if ishqi likes someone?"

"If she did, she sure as heck wouldn't tell me. She didn't tell me she was sick, today."

"Oh." Ahaan sinks back into deep thought.

"You know Ahaan, if she did like you, I'd approve. You're a good kid and I know what you look like and your name, so I can assassinate you if you make her upset."

"You two are so weirdly similar. She threatened me with the same thing."

"Yeah," Dad laughs.

"So I can date Ishqi?"

"Sure, of course she has to say yes and I have rules that are very awkward to say out loud, but sure."

"Yeah... I don't think she likes me like that."

"Ahaan, I know my daughter. And if there's one thing I know about Ishqi, she's a turtle. So slow and dense in the head and always bottling everything up. She might not even realize you like her unless you're direct. She's book smart but when it comes to everything everything else, she's totally dumb. Plus, she never says how she feels and just keeps it to herself. She might like you, but just doesn't say it. You never know."

"You think so?"

"I can't guarantee that she does, but all I know is that she seems to be more outgoing around you and happier. Even if she doesn't like you, at least be her friend."

"I will."

"Thanks. Ishqi thinks that I don't know, but I know you're her only friend right now. I haven't seen her girl friends over, so I think something happened. Look out for her, okay?"

"I will."

"Thanks, Ahaan. I better go pick up Ishita now." Dad heaves a grunt as I gets up from the couch and shuffles out the door with his keys. Once the door shuts, Ahaan makes his way up the stairs.

I could've pretended to have just woken up, but by eavesdropping on their conversation, I felt so guilty and awkward from what I heard. Swiftly, but quietly, I sneak back into my bed and make myself to look like I was still asleep. Trying to keep my composure, I put on a relaxed face as I head Ahaan's footsteps approaching.

The bed presses down slightly from his weight. His thumb presses on my cheek and draws slow and gentle circles on them. He tucks my lose strands of hair behind my ears and pulls my blanket up further to cover my shoulders. I take a sharp intake of air as Ahaan's breath brushes and rolls across my cheek. I feel a familiar sensation of dainty pillows on my forehead, but they are only there for a fleeting moment.

"I really hope you're a turtle."

*****

END OF PART 21

Sorry for the short chapter, but I thought this would give more insight into the characters. Plus, I'm tired from all these hectic assignments my teachers are giving me.

Next part at 25 votes and 50 comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 585 22
Aarohi Verma, a 20 year old college girl who hopes for a romance like in movies, books. But due to insecurities which is from her parents relationshi...
84.8K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
676K 22.5K 38
When Adriana Layman first saw Jake Collins in freshman year it was love at first sight. Now its senior year and Adriana realizes she might leave high...
1.8K 128 10
"You do that one more time, I won't be gentle" my voice growled beside her ear. She licked her lips seductively which made my cock harder than before...