linger | quinn hughes

By blond43d

。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she w... More

𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿
𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

𝘀𝗶𝘅

5.4K 111 27
By blond43d

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅
reunions !

devon hated herself right now. jack had actually manipulated her (not actually) into agreeing, talking about how much he misses her and saying trevor would be there that it immediately made her cave in, just like that.

she never thought, ever, that she would be standing in the middle of the michigan airport with her three best friends waiting for two guys from her past to come pick them up.

she was gonna get whiplash from how fast these things were happening.

she was feeling physically sick, not because she was dizzy from the plane, but because her mind was swirling with thoughts more faster than she could comprehend. devon decided it was best to walk away from her friends for a minute, to try and clear her head.

she was now sitting in a table outside of starbucks with a drink in her hand, staring blankly ahead to try and calm her relentless mind.

she was excited to see everyone. it had been years, and she couldn't wait to hug and catch up with everyone but the inminent thought of him was overpowering everything.

she heard a faint "hey" above, prompting her to look up and see sunny sitting beside her.

"hi" she whispered, taking a little sip to distract herself.

"you okay?" sunny asked, taking the cup from dev's hands and taking a sip.

"yeah, yeah. i'm fine" she sighed, looking ahead again.

"you don't look fine"

"i'm okay, just nervous"

"don't be. we got you" sunny assured, taking a hand in hers and giving it a squeeze.

"hey guys, they're here" molly smiled, coming quickly to drag them back.

devon stood up with a deep breath, discarding her cup in the trash and walking behind her two bestfriends, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of the boys.

at last, they reunited with jule who had been checking they had all their bags nearby. devon sat down next to julien, him wrapping an arm around her shoulders reassuringly when she heard someone yelling her name.

molly looked at her with an excited grin, looking like she was about to combust, urging her to stand up.

she had just about stood up when someone came barreling towards her, engulfing her in a tight hug.

"jack!" devon grinned, hugging him just a hard.

"devy! oh my god" jack contently sighed, sinking into her arms.

with a last squeeze he finally let go, seeing the big teary eyes she held "it's so good to see you"

"move! i wanna hug her too" the youngest hughes whined, squeezing past his brother to hug the girl. jack rolled his eyes but proceeded to greet julien and introduce himself to the two girls he hadn't met.

"moosey! you got so tall, what the hell" luke was admittedly her favorite hughes. having met him when he was just eleven and her want at that time to have a little brother just pulled her towards him. of course she loved all of them, even if she didn't want to admit it, but luke was luke.

"i'm the tallest now" luke smugly said into her neck, not caring that he was hurting his back hugging her.

"yeah, i always said you would be" dev smiled, pulling away to look at him better.

"whatever luke. come on, everyone is waiting" jack interrupted, sliding an arm through her shoulders while his other arm carried her bag.

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the drive back was surprisingly soothing. molly and sunny had gotten along with the hughes' and julien and jack just kept making fun of devon for the whole ride. usually she would've gotten mad but she was happy, she got her boys back, at least for a while and she was gonna enjoy it.

they arrived too fast and before she knew it, they were getting out of the car, parked outside the lake house. she had only been there once but it had been the best weeks of her life.

"is that devon? oh my god!" she heard someone exclaim, quickly turning to look who it was and finding the literal boss of the hughes', their mother, ellen.

"ellen!" she yelled, running towards the woman walking out of the house.

"my girl, i've missed you so much" ellen exclaimed, cradling the girl to her chest.

"i'm so glad to see you"

"oh honey, you don't know how grateful i am you came" ellen smiled as she held dev at arm's length.

"mom, leave dev alone. her stuff is so heavy" jack whined from the car, looking like such a middle child.

"oh, you big baby" dev smiled as she walked back to jack.

"at least she didn't bring like three suitcases" julien grumbled, trying to haul out all of sunny's suitcases.

"you big baby" sunny scoffed, going to him and taking the bag out so quickly it left julien staring after her with an open mouth.

"who are you looking for?" molly asked devon who was trying to unsuspiciously look back and forth from the car to the front door.

"who else?"

"were you looking for me?" someone whispered from behind them causing both girls to jump in their place, turning to look who was it.

upon turning, molly saw a person she had never seen before, like everyone else around her, but she saw the way devon's face had brightened up, jumping in her place from happiness before finally wrapping her arms around the boy's body.

"trev!"

"devy! you got shorter!" he grinned, hauling her up and never letting her go. it got to the point where their height difference was that much that he was able to walk to where everyone was huddled up, still holding devon up.

everything was going good. everyone was happy and everyone was smiling and hugging and laughing. so once she heard his voice, it felt like like everything had been sucked out of her. once she heard his voice, she was back in their old apartment, getting her heart broken and stomped on.

"hey guys"

"huggy! hey man" julien greeted, doing that stupid bro hug and clapping him on the back. quinn slightly smiled to everyone until his eyes found her.

all the life drained out of him. he had no idea she was coming, and by the way luke and jack looked weirdly nervous, quinn realized they had chosen not to tell him.

julien, who was between jack and luke, clapped them both in the back, giving a look to molly, sunny and trevor that screamed 'let's go'.

everyone left extremely fast, leaving quinn and devon to stand infront of each other, only a couple feet away but it felt like miles.

"devon" he breathed out, blinking rapidly and taking a slight step forward.

"quinn, hey"

"i, i didn't know you were coming" he murmured, rubbing the back of his head in nervousness.

"jack didn't tell you?" she asked, furrowing her brows in a way quinn absolutely loved and it took everything in him to control himself.

"seems like he told everyone but me"

"he has a tendency to do that, doesn't he" she smiled, taking a little step forward but quinn was too distracted by her smile to notice.

"yeah" he agreed, smiling at the way she softly laughed. they stayed silent for what felt like minutes until he finally found the courage to talk again "can i, uhm, hug you?"

devon blinked, playing with her hands nervously until she nodded her head "yeah, yes"

quinn wasted no time to take the two steps of distance and engulf her in his arms. she immediately wrapped her arms around his waist, their bodies fitting like perfect puzzle pieces.

quinn felt at peace. all the stress he had been wearing this months had disappeared by just hugging her. and devon felt complete, like all that doubts she had had in her mind suddenly evaporated.

quinn squeezed her a little too tight but she didn't mind, she just squeezed him just as hard, feeling comfort in his arms.

they finally pulled away and devon could now see quinn's teary eyes that he was trying so hard to hide but she knew, she always knew.

"let's get inside, yeah?" he said, clearing his throat softly, looking away from her from shame.

"yeah, come on" she smiled, nudging him with her arm and walking ahead of him, completely missing the smile he had as he watcher her.

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱
before u say smth ik it seems fast but they grew up together and they were together for years!!! that kind of comfort can be easily built back. comment ur thoughts & vote!! hope u enjoyed💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 163 24
"But it's the, way you smile, that does it for me... it's so Sweet, knowing that you love me"
62.2K 1.7K 38
❛𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪.❜ ( jack hughes x female oc )...
145K 2.7K 43
❝ it's hard because i think i love him. and i'm not a home wrecker, I refuse! so i'll stick this out and get over it. ❞ . . ⋆。˚ 🧸 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 ━...
19K 798 16
𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥'𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗬 ! ✿⎯⎯ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 he's convinced that they're soulmates but she just doesn't know it yet. 𝐎𝐑 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 luke hu...