π–²π—Žπ—‹π—π—‚π—π–Ίπ—… π–«π—ˆπ—π–Ύ- 𝖳...

By _starlight_ma

Zaria Roan daughter of senator Charlie Roan returns to Washington from a trip to support her mother in gettin... More

C A S T
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 2

432 15 0
By _starlight_ma

YEAR 2040

ELECTION YEAR

"How ya doing out there, Bobby?" Leo asks thru his radio. "Sniper One, radio check. Bobby, radio check. Sniper Two, radio check. Sniper Two." He starts going thru some buttons before clicking in one that makes the image change showing the bodies of the team. Leo runs out of the room and goes to Zaria's room.

"I need you to leave okay? Someone's coming for your mom, I need you to follow that plan." he hands her a bulletproof vest.

"What? Leo what are you talking about?" She starts putting on the vest.

"Someone betrayed us, I don't know who to trust." He approaches Zaria and hugs her. "I love you with all my life, love. I need you to follow all the instructions okay?" Zaria starts crying making his heart clench.

"No, no, no I can't I- I can't do it." She shakes her head.

"Yes, you can because you're strong I know you. Zaria I promise you I'm gonna find you okay? We are gonna be okay... Remember that I love you with all my heart." He kisses her before helping her with the carpet. She starts going down the stairs before she hears something that made her stop and smile.

"Zaria, after everything ends... I want to marry you, and start our lives together. So with that I promise to come to you and keep your mom safe." He kisses her before closing the trap door.

Leo runs out of the room and enters the Senator safe room. "Someone is coming for you." He hands her a vest

"What?"

"Put that on." Charlie nods and starts putting the vest.

"Leo, the house is surrounded..."

"Move, move!"

"I'm moving. What are you... You said you had men on the roof. You have snipers." Leo starts typing on a computer in the desk.

"Not anymore. Not anymore. - What do you mean, not anymore?" The windows and doors start opening themselves. "Who's opening the security system?"

"Someone betrayed us. I told Zaria the protocol, she is escaping right now thru another room. She is the one opening the security system."

"What? Where is she going?"

"I can't trust anyone. She has to be alone they are coming for you if she's with us they are gonna take her, I can't risk her. Listen to me! This isn't a drill. Someone's coming to kill you. You understand me? Move." Leo starts to move the carpet revealing a trap door similar to the one is Zaria's room.

----------------

Zaria starts to grab her gun when she hears gunshots inside the house. She enters the code making all the doors and windows to open. She starts to climb thru the door when someone enters the closet and shoots her in the right leg making her fall from the window.

"FUCK!" She screams.

"I see the daughter!" Someone screams in the house making Zaria stand up and run thru some alleys.

Zaria tries to run and find somewhere to hide. When an explosion makes her stop and turn around seeing her mom's safe room on fire. She brings a hand to her mouth and cries. She doesn't know if Leo is alive if her mom is alive, she doesn't know what to do. The only thing she knows is that she promised Leo to try to survive, so for him she is gonna try.

The dark alleys doesn't bring good memories to her, and neither the screaming and gunshots that she hears. She can barely feel the pain in her leg because of the adrenaline. She starts to approach the corner of a street when she hears a woman speaking into a megaphone.

"Thanks to the New Founding Fathers we can cleanse our souls, we can be free and let loose our own animals, we can help and make America great again." the woman flashes the light and sees Zaria. "Let's see who we have here, it's the amazing daughter of Senator Charlie Roan, the person who wants to take our privileges by being American and the opportunity to cleanse our souls. Come here bitch! Let's play a game... how about we play the same games that they played with your family?" Zaria stops breathing and her blood starts to boil.

"Don't you dare talk about my family again!" Zaria starts to run thru the cars making the woman shoot at her.

Leo starts panting, "It's a lot of blood, Leo. We should call someone. If Zaria sees what happened to you she is gonna get mad at you" Charlie says making Leo chuckle.

"I know... I know." Leo sighs. "I don't know who to trust. We are on our own. You understand me?"

"Okay. Where do we go?"

"East. Out of the city. There are a lot of threats. I told Zaria the same." He sighs and starts thinking about her. "There's a lot of death."

"Come on Zaria Roan, let's purge together you have to try it." The woman starts to shoot at her making Zaria change cars and shoot from the side of the car. "Let's feed our souls together."

"Fuck you bitch." Zaria shoots at the feet of the woman before hitting her left leg making the woman scream in agony and laugh.

"Ugh! Come on Zaria finish me! You're already purging girl, I don't care if I die today. I already killed my son of a bitch of husband and my sister. I already purged if I die I'm going to heaven. " The woman screams throwing her gun to the side and lifting her arms praying to god.

Zaria starts to walk to the woman pointing her gun to the head. "I'm not purging bitch, I'm defending myself!" She says before shooting the woman in her head. Zaria starts picking up a new gun and some ammo when she starts to hear screams in the distance. "God please protect Leo and my mother and let us find in the path again please." Zaria starts running thru the streets when she sees a green van approaching her. She tries to run but the pain in her leg causes her to stumble.

"Ms. Roan, we know who you are and we know that you don't belong out here, you can come with us if you want." The woman in the passenger side says lowering the window, Zaria immediately points the gun to the head of the woman.

"Are you purging tonight?" Zaria asks taking the safety off.

"No, we help people if they have injuries, we have an unspoken agreement were they don't bother us and we don't interfere in there activities, you're safe with us." The woman speaks with her arms up.

"Thank you very much." Zaria lowers her gun and puts the safety on. "You both know my name but I don't know yours."

"My name is Laney and she is Dawn." Laney opens the back of the van signaling Zaria to enter before entering and closing the door. "He is Rondo, he's a good kid we gave him some painkillers so he is gonna be out for another thirty minutes."

"I cannot begin to thank you both how grateful I am that you're helping me." Zaria said giving them a small smile.

"Don't worry Ms. Roan." Laney smiles. "But, what the hell are you doing outside? Weren't you inside your house or something?"

"I was but someone betrayed my mom and broke into the house, I had to escape from a window." She sighs. "And please call me Zaria I hate when they call me Ms. Roan." Zaria gives a small smile to them.

"Alright! Let's what else do we found."

"Well, this is my place. You can stay all night if you want to. Now, I got to ask you 'cause I'm just a nosey old dog. What in the Mississippi fuck was you doing outside on Purge Night, Senator?" Joe asks shaking his head.

"Yeah. There was an assassination attempt on me. I can't thank you enough, Mr... I'm sorry, I know you told me."

"Dixon. You can call me Joe, Senator." Putting his hand out for a shake

Yeah. Joe, I'm Charlie." The Senator shakes his hand breathing heavily.

"That's Marcos right there. Marcos is... He's a fan of yours and he's in love with your daughter." Joe says catching the attention of Leo who narrows his eyes at Marcos.

"Hi, Marcos. It's nice to know that you like my daughter" Charlie says extending her hand.

"Hey, Senator." Marcos shakes her hand.

"He actually think you can win this thing." Joe says.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Shit! Tell her what she need to do to win, Marcos." Joe says laughing pointing at Marcos.

"No, it's not my place to say."

"Well, you saved my life, Marcos. I'd like to hear it, please."

"Florida is the key. You have to get the elders. What your daughter was doing was good for your votes."

"That's smart. Zaria was the one who told me the same so you're not wrong. Joe, what do you think?"

"I don't think you got a damn chance." He says looking at her.

"Well, have a little faith."

"Well, I lost my faith in the system a long time ago, Senator. Water?" Joe says extending a bottle of water.

"Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 792 15
You never expect blood to betray you. But when it does happen it can cause a world of hurt and trust issues. Ashtyn Burkhart is a surgical intern wh...
4.4K 91 9
This is a sequel to Shredders Slave so it u liked that book you might like this one but pls read that one first I'm so sorry that it took me this lon...
63.3K 406 46
The Sequel to "Take Care" Please leave comments. I love hearing from readers. http://shesnotafraid233.tumblr.com/
13.5K 470 46
She didn't know. She would have done something to save her mother if she did. Good thing her moms favorite heroes took Ana in. The bad thing, she can...