The Young Justice

By Mask_of_Happiness

Perseus Jackson was many things. She had seen many things and that of course included her figuring out Batman... More

Info and Disclaimer (Edited-Read)
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
Events of the Past
12
How Percy Found Out She Was a Demigod
13
14
15
16
17

1

1.5K 27 13
By Mask_of_Happiness

I changed the suit a little. Don't know why I outlined her in the glowy thing, but it's there. Anyway, she had boots.

I also edited this chapter. There were mistakes.

Gotham City

July 4th 2010, 12:00

Robin's signature laugh sounded as the batarang hit Mr. Freeze's ice ray.

Of course, Robin was beat by seconds as Fury quickly got the first physical hit.

She jumped from the ground and got a heel kick to Mr. Freeze's head, knocking him to the side and cracking his helmet slightly. Robin followed up with his signature shuriken–birdarang things, that further cracked Freeze's helmet.

"Oh, Fury and Boy Wonder. The Bat sent you two to drag me off to prison? Frankly, I'm underwhelmed." He raised his gun to shoot at the smirking duo.

"Great, but I'm kinda in a hurry here," Robin replied, earning an eye roll from his partner.

"Kids, always in—"

"He's not talking to you, dimwit," Fury cut him off with a grin.

She turned away from Batman taking down Freeze in favour of signing a kid's book. Fury was used to violence. It was practically her life, but sometimes she just liked putting smiles on kids than watching her honorary uncle take down criminals.

Besides, she was heading to camp for the summer soon and that would be more than enough violence for her. Even more so due to the fact that demigods went on quests, lost some limbs, got burnt by lava or kind of just had blood over them 24/7.

The trio nodded and then left the scene, after Fury kissed a little kid on the head—not noticing the small twitch of Robin's face—because they wanted her to and because it was adorable to see kids giggle happily.

------

Fury, Batman and Robin arrived and stood waiting for the others. Aquaman and Aqualad arrived soon after, both looking panicked, then confused and then relaxing. However, Fury caught the quick glance they shot at her.

She took a sigh of relief when she realised that they didn't figure out she was a demigod, but they had probably felt her power or something. Everyone says she has a very powerful sent.

8 minutes later and Fury, Batman, Robin, Green Arrow, Speedy, Aquaman and Aqualad stood in front of the Hall of Justice. The heroes were all waiting for the Flash and Kid Flash.

"Oh, man." The unmistakable sound of Kid Flash's voice originated from behind the group, and they all turned to look at the two speedsters.

"Fastest men alive, but always last. I'm staring to think that we need better speedsters," Fury remarked.

"Hilarious," KF deadpanned.

Fury rose a single unimpressed eyebrow at his ineffective sarcasm, a quirk she had picked up from a character in a book she had read with immense struggle (until her friend Annabeth somehow—through unknown ways—got her ancient Greek copies). The book was called Rangers Apprentice and the charcter was Halt, who reminded Fury of her uncle.

AN: I do reccomend the Rangers Apprentice book series. It is literally one of the best, in my opinion.

Besides the point, the group began walking towards the Hall of Justice. Reporters and camera shutters were clicking everywhere.

"Fury! Fury!"

Fury turned to the reporter with a raised eyebrow, a look of boredom on her face. The guy sweat nervously but still asked his question.

"Is it true you have no powers but use the name Fury and the colour blue to throw off your opponents? The blue indicates something to do with water powers and fury to do with anger, but do you really have powers?"

Fury smirked and winked at the camera dramatically, then continued her walk with Batman and Robin.

"What happened Fury?" Robin asked with barely held back intrigue.

"Oh, just that I have no powers but am using a name to do with water so as to throw people off," Fury answered with the same casualness.

The grinned at each other then Aqualad spoke, "I'm glad we're all here."

"Have all five sidekicks ever been in the same place at the same time?" KF asked excitedly, which earned a smile from Fury.

She didn't listen to what Speedy said, more interested in the sight before them.

Fury shook the feeling and put on a fake smile as they entered the Hall.

The Hall was beautiful and grand. It looked really cool.

They stopped in front of the Authorized-Personnel-Only doors, which opened to show Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado.

"Fury, Robin, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash. Welcome."

------

The entered the library, which Fury immediately started browsing for Greek books—there were none—and then sat down on the arm rest of the chair Robin was in.

The two had always had a close bond, having been friends growing up with Bruce, however neither had really looked at each other like siblings.

Anyway, she watched as Speedy had his rant about not getting a proper look and this being a "glorified back stage pass". He wasn't wrong, but Fury rarely found a reason to care about stuff like this.

She turned on her holographic computer, like Robin's, and started searching for anything new because she was bored.

AN: You're telling me Bruce Wayne wouldn't make safe technology for his honourary neice. Yeah, that's rich.

Then he turned to adress them.

"—serve better than this."

Fury looked around, realising that she had just missed something semi-important. Then Speedy continued his rant and Fury ignored it.

It's not like she doesn't care for his words, she just has better things to do than listen to Speedy rant.

Then Speedy threw down his hat and Fury looked in shock as Roy stormed out of the room.

Suddenly, the computer beside them came on with Superman speaking.

"Superman to Justice League," the Kryptonian prefaces. "There has been an explosion at Project Cadmus. It's on fire."

Batman was thinking hard, "I've had my suspicions about Cadmus. This may present the perfect opportunity to in—" He was cut off by Zatara appearing on another screen.

"Zatara to Justice League. The sorcerer Wotan is using the Amulet of Aten to blot out the Sun. Requesting full League response." That news got all the heroes interested.

Fury thoughts were on a much more different track. Apollo was definitely not gonna be happy.

"Superman?" Batman questions the Blue Boy Scout.

"It's a small fire," the Kryptonian reassured, "Local authorities have it under control."

"Then Cadmus can wait," Batman pressed a button on the console, "All Leaguers rendezvous at Zatara's coordinates. Batman out."

The four protégés all stepped forward, but Batman stopped them. "Stay put," he ordered.

"What? Why?" Robin asked angrily.

"This is a league mission," Aquaman said.

"You're not trained," Flash aslo added unhelpfully.

"Since when?" KF asked, spreading his arms wide in the universal gesture of "what".

"I mean you're not trained to work as part of this team," Flash explaine. Fury scoffed, then exchanged a glance with Robin.

Batman sent them both a warning look, which Robin saw and Fury ignored.

She ignored the rest of the orders and watched as the Justice League left through the Zeta tubes.

Fury walked to the computer and started typing.

"What is Project Cadmus?" Aqualad asked, and Fury smiled.

"Great question Aqualad. I just bypassed the security and am searching the files. Give me a sec...," she trailed off and then beamed, "Here!"

"Project Cadmus is a genetics lab here in D.C. That's all there is," she turned to look at them as she finished.

"But if Batman's suspicious..." Robin spoke up, glancing at Aqualad, "Maybe we should investigate."

"Solve their case before they do," Aqualad realized with a small smile, "It would be poetic justice."

Fury ignored the response Robin gave, her mind already supplying her with ten different responses that Robin would give to Aqualad's statement. She was more focused on Aqualad's next words.

"But they said stay put."

Fury laughed and turned away from the computer, her hand already drawing out her dagger and spinning it expertly, "And since when have kids ever listened to rules. Besides, something tells me we should check this out."

"Secondly, That was about the blotting out the sun mission. Not this," Robin added with a grin at his best friend. Fury grinned back.

"Wait are you going to Cadmus?" She turned to her best friend who had on his signature smirk. "Because if you are going, I'm going!" KF exclaimed with a smile at Robin, who returned it.

"Just like that? We are a team on a mission?" Kaldur asked.

"Hey, we didn't come here for a playdate," Robin answered. Kaldur smiled at that.

"I certainly didn't come to hang out with 3 boys and do nothing interesting. My blood is already pumping for a fight."

------

The two men fell out the building and KF ran up the wall, catching them both just in time.

He managed to get them to the roof when he lost his momentum and fell, just grabbing onto the windowsill.

While Aqualad was distracted about Kid Flash's impulsiveness, Robin was already gone with the grappling hook.

Robin landed on the window and pulled KF into the building.

Aqualad looked to his right and then back at the ledge to see Fury entering right after the two.

Aqualad took water from the fire hose and created a funnel that carried him towards the men. Setting them on the ground, Aqualad entered through the window.

Robin was already typing away at a computer. Fury was right next to him, her wrist computer bringing up the layout of the building.

"Appreciate the help," Aqualad said sarcastically when he joined them.

"You handled it. Besides, we're here to investigate," Robin answered. He felt a small flick to his head and rolled his eyes, then flicked back.

Aqualad wandered around when something caught his eyes. The noise from the elevator alerted the other three, who all raced out to come and look.

"There was something in the—" he blinked, not entirely sure what he saw.

"Elevators should be locked down," Kid Flash said, walking up to join the Atlantean.

Fury checked her wrist computer and frowned. "This is wrong," she announced as she showed the holo-screen to Robin who frowned.

"This is a high-speed express elevator. It doesn't belong in a two-story building."

"Neither does what I saw," Aqualad stated, and pried opened the doors. Fury looked down the darkness not intimidating but a slight surprise.

She shot her grappling hook and lowered herself. Robin was behind her, with Aqualad sliding down her rope and KF sliding down Robin's.

Level SL-26 was where they stopped, where Fury jumped onto the ledge.

"Bypass the security, Robin," she ordered as soon as he landed next to her.

Aqualad forced the doors open and the four were met with an empty hallway.

"Welcome to Prject Cadmus," Robin declared theatrically.

Fury stepped forward, her eyes surveying the area. Their only way out that was known was the elevator behind them. She also heard some very heavy fottsteps.

She was about to speak when KF rushed forward, not listening to Aqualad's whisper-yelled "Kid, wait!"

Unfortunately for the speedster, he rushed and was nearly trampled by large, mamoth/elephant like creature that walked on all fours.

The only reason he lived was because he rolled out of the way. He joined the other three on the side they entered from and all four watched in varying degrees of shock—Fury being the least—as the creatures passed with tiny creature riding them.

"Absolutely nothing wrong here," Fury deadpanned in the most dull voice she could muster, which was pretty dull.

"No, nothing odd going on here," Aqualad added.

------

"This is how they hide this massive underground facility from the world," KF said, staring in awe at the towers after towers of creatures in glass, giving off electricity to power the massive underground facility. "The real Cadmus isn't on the grid. It generates its own power with these... things."

"Even the name itself is a clue," Aqualad agreed. " The Cadmus of myth—"

"—Creates a new race by sowing dragon's teeth into the earth," Fury completed. Aqualad turned to her with a raised eyebrow. "What? I know my fair share of the stories of the old."

Fury wondered around, her eyes scanning everything when a loud voice interrupted the silence.

"Don't move!"

Fury hid behind a pillar and watched the scene before her. A hero named Guardian went from serious to shocked in nanoseconds.

"Wait. Robin? Aqualad? Kid Flash?" The golden armor hero was confused.

Robin turned to look over his shoulder at KF "At least he got your name right."

He turned back to his console and continued researching the genomorphs.

Fury's eyes narrowed and watched as Guardian looked surprised or dazed then his personality did a complete 180 and he ordered the genomorphs to attack them.

Fury dropped down, landing on one genomorph. The genomorph struggled but Fury strangled it and it fell down unconscious. She defeated another, this time slamming the thing into the ground.

When that was done, Fury rushed with her team to Robin, who was hacking a port. The elevator doors opened and the group climbed in, after KF said something to Robin.

Fury ignored them as she spread her senses. Most living creatures had blood or some sort of liquid in their bodies, which means that she could sense them.

She did.

There were several creatures living on this floor, none human. She also sensed someone else, but they were out of her range and she couldn't sense that much.

"Too late, we're already here."

Fury stared at the flesh-like red thing with blue orbs. She sensed something in the blue orbs, but she didn't know what and didn't want to know.

Fury quickly followed Robin, KF and Aqualad not far behind.

"Hurry!" KF shouted at the other three, having put something to stop the door from closing.

Robin followed him, qith Aqualad right after and Fury in last.

She kicked the metal tube and the door finished closing.

"I disabled the doors. We are safe," Robin said as Fury turned to look at them.

"We are trapped," Aqualad corrected.

"Uh, guys?" KF called to them, "You'll want to see this..." He hits a button and a pod in the center of the room lights up revealing a boy inside of it. The boy looked like Superman, only younger.

Fury stepped forward and started walking around the pod, her eyes surveying everything. He looked healthy, but who the Hades was this kid?

"The pod has a big K and little r," she voiced her observation.

"The atomic symbol for Krypton," KF finished. He turned to Robin with a look of shock. "Clone?"

"Robin, hack," Kaldur commanded.

Fury didn't listen to everything, her mind picking the important information.

16 weeks, solar radiation 24/7, DNA of Superman... What the Hades were these guys doing? She thought with a blank look on her face.

"They're literally making a slave out of, well, Superman's son." Kid Flash's sentence cut through Fury's thoughts and she felt a growl rise in her throat.

Child soldiers... how dare they!

"Now we contact the league," Aqualad said, tapping the symbol on his belt. Robin tapped something on his holo-computer, but there was no signal.

Fury sighed and looked back at the boy in the pod. She felt a pang of sympathy for the boy. She knew what it was like to be a child soldier. To be used and taught so that she would follow the higher ups orders.

By the gods, Fury wanted to kill whoever did this.

"This is wrong," KF stated.

"We can't leave him like this," Robin added, looking up at Aqualad.

"I agree," Fury said from beside Robin.

"Set him free. Do it," Aqualad ordered.

The pod opened and the boy's eyes opened, after he flexed his fingers and the cracking noise originated from him. He looked around, the abruptly launched himself at Aqualad.

Superboy repeatedly punched Aqualad, until KF and Robin stopped him.

KF was flung across the room and Superboy soon had Robin pinned to the ground.

Fury jumped high and a kick that would usuall crack a normal person's skull impacted Superboy's head and he flew back—no cracked skull in sight.

Fury took a defensive stance in front of Robin's unconscoius form. Auqalad rose slowly, havong regained his bearings, and walked towards them.

"We are trying to help you," Aqualad reasoned, but his words fell upon deaf ears.

He charged again, which caused Fury to side step and Aqualad to meet him head on.

Thus, the greatest tag team of a 13 year old and 16 year old against a 16 week old.

Fury got stealthy and hits in vital areas, with quick jabs or powerful punches. Aqualad used his water-bearers, shifting the weapon from sword to hammer and a few other ones.

Unfortunately, Superboy managed to slam Aqualad into the cieling and Aqualad fell limp.

"Just you and me child," Fury spoke calmly, her voice devoid of emotion. That happened when she was in battle mode. She only found out it happened last year, when Fury first found out about the Greek gods.

Superboy growled and launched at her, but she easily side stepped.

"The anger that fueks you now will be of no help when you are once again cold in your pod. Is this truly what you wish for? To battle mindlessly?"

Superboy growled again, and this time Fury was not so lucky.

He slammed her into the ground. Hard.

Fury felt anger and fear riush into her. This was what it had felt like, beig pushed against the wall by him.

He had used her mother and abused the both of them. Fury felt bile rise in her mouth, the stench of horridness reeking off of something.

She flipped Superboy, so their positions were reversed and Superboy was being held down. Her dagger was positoned at the boy's neck, but she didn't see the boy she saw him.

Superboy threw her off, and she landed in a neat flip a few metres away.

They both ran at each other, Superboy aiming for the head and Fury going low. A different dagger was in her hand though.

A dual sided dagger, one part mortal metal and the other a broze colour. The broze side made contact and a clean cut was found on Superboy's torso.

AN: So, Celestial Bronze chooses people they find worth it to be able to touch it (which is why it doesn't work on mortals because celestial bronze doesn't think them worth it). This makes me believe that Celestial Bronze would work on aliens (or half aliens) especially because of their powers Also, look at the picture above if you don't understand what is meant by the bronze side.

He stopped in shock. Never had he seen his blood before. Superboy had learnt that he was invulnerable to most weapons, but here was a simple dagger that managed to wound him.

The girl stood again, a dark look in her eyes. They screamed murder, even though the girl looked harmless. It was odd how she looked like she was kind, but the aura the girl made it feel like she can and would kill you.

Superboy, for the first time ever, felt the slightest tremor of doubt.

Then he pushed the feeling aside and continued fighting.

It lasted another five minutes, but the girl made a mistake. She was tiring faster than him and Superboy managed to get a punch in through her guard.

She gasped, the wind knocked out of her. Superboy took his chance and nocked her out, but he took her dagger.

When he broke down the door, he didnt hand the dagger to the scientist either.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

963K 25.9K 73
Perseus Jackson is not a perfect hero, but a scarred, broken, and battle-hardened demigod, the only survivor of The Seven after the Last War. Blamin...
64.2K 2.7K 18
After getting captured by pirates a young Percy is brought to Themyscira where she lives with the Amazon warriors, becoming very close with a certain...
240K 6.1K 31
What if Sally Jackson was actually Sally Wayne and she was mudered by Gabe when Percy was 8? The greek gods may not be around anymore in this world...
227K 8.1K 37
The Batman, the dark knight of Gotham, a founding member of the Justice League...and after all this time they STILL don't even know his name! In thi...