Fallen Angels

By mony1231

Genevieve Mignonette is the forgotten 69th victor. The most beautiful girl in the district. She is not a figh... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Chapter 3

14 1 1
By mony1231

Genevieve's point of view
District 8
7/7/69

Say it, rehearse it, believe it.... Sunny! I cried as I kept on suffocating myself with one of the silk pillows in my room. I keep on hitting the bed as hard and quietly as I could not bring attention to myself. I hate everything I had to do. How I couldn't even say bye to my own brother.

All these days there I was making myself believe it all. That I wanted to make my mother proud by winning the games. That it was always my dream. That I had blood of a loyal victor. That I wanted to serve president snow. I keep on repeating it all. I wanted to become that girl, the girl whose destiny was to win the 69th hunger games.

I had started to believe it myself and even Lumi was overjoyed with me. He hardly had to correct my pretend interviews, and truly believed I was going to be the capital's darling. But if it all went right, if I made it through and came out victorious. I was not ready for it all. I was not ready to live my life as a Slave.

After the morning arrived, so did we. Through the window of the dining room we could start to see the magnificent mountains. There it was with all its glory the capital was waiting for us. I no longer dressed in a green dress no.. it had ripped apart the day after I had arrived on the train, now in its place was a simple white dress that was just the right length and layed over my shoulders with thin straps.

My hair was loose and less tangled than usual. Well actually everything was as it was. Otherwise than a new dress and shower. I was still the same, all of what they were going to put on me wouldn't change what I was.

I sat down on the table we had breakfast gathering at for the last 2 mornings and looked out to where the crowds cheered. This was it, we had arrived. Thorian was shocked to see all the rainbow assorted people clapping and cheering for us, while I just let it all settle in. It was now or never.

I came close to the large windows and waved at them all. I had a big smile on my face, and kissed the crowds away as they all cheered for our arrival. All I could hear was silence, the opposite of what was going on in front of me and once the train stopped we were quickly escorted away from it all.

"Come on my little ones. It's time for a makeover." Lumi guided us out of the train with Woolf stating
behind not wanting to follow us into the spotlight. It had been a while since he was a mentor since Cecilia had won her games, and I know exactly who he had come back for.

We were guided to a large army vehicle, and then dropped off at a beautiful yet cold stadium with large gray walls, and crowds of even more colorful people. "Now these wonderful cosmetology experts will do an excellent job because of the ceremony. I will see you back in your rooms." Lumi blew us a kiss and left us alone. Thorian was rush over to the opposite side as the man and woman that was going to work on me studied me completely.

The curtain was closed and they began. "Look at her. A victorys daughter. Well she looks the part."

"She is certainly cute. And that hair. Good thing I specialize in curly hair. Oh and those eyes. Oh we haven't seen those since Dr. Volumnia Gaul, very nostalgic. Not much to do, just fix that hair and get her prepared for makeup. Cinna wants to see her as soon as possible. Intricate costumes, you know."

They didn't ask much from me and as they helped me lay down on the cold table I just prepared myself for what was to come. Home I had to always and I mean always seem happy. Always be grateful for the opportunity. Even with them pulling at my hair I smiled keeping the tears hidden.

They continued putting whites and gold on my eyelids and cheeks and then my hair and a half up half down braided style. "There you go, good luck, you are a pretty one." The man helped me off the table and then peacekeepers started leading me toward a hall full of doors that had each district's tributes painted on them, almost like a hologram.

I walked in through the one that had a beautiful portrait of my face covering every surface of the door and then sat down at another table at the eof the room. I didn't have to wait long before a guy that was very similar to me came in. "You have a brother, don't you....?" I looked at him confused. The first thing he had decided to say to me above all was about...Sunny. "I saw you... cheering out there. You want to seam one of them... for him. Is that what your mother advised?" He sat down in front of me on a short stool allowing to see down on him.

"I do, and if I am not he will pay. She did not advise but I am not as naïve as I might seem." I crossed my legs and placed my head on my hand studying him. Should I trust you Cinna?

"I can help you. I encourage this, but don't lose yourself. Remember you are the angel in the gates of hell. If you are to be happy, let it be because you are still here fighting for him. Now if you do go this as your strategy let me see you are the dresed. Textless, I know You sew. I know those little red dots are from needle pricks. Well let me ask you... have you ever sewn feathers?"

Cinna opened the door for his stylist and there it was a beautiful white gown with large feathers and golden accents. They started dressing me very delicately and place the wings right over my arms very slowly bot to brake them. "You will look beautiful," one of the stylists with bright pink hair said as they put curtains around me and started to dress me. One by one feathers were glued to my back and before you knew it I was transformed into something breathtaking.

"Are you ready for the tribute parade?" Cinna started guiding me out of the door and down the opposite side of the hall where there were more tributes. I had to day everyone was in shock as I strutted through with my large wings and long gown. Everyone gasped except one.

Thorian stood at the side of our chariot. He was there in a white suit and feathers on his hair. "You are the reason we are dressed like this. The angel of district 8." Thorian leaned down and spoke to me with such a hateful tone of voice he had almost made me shiver but I wasn't going to let him get away with it.

I took his and and dug my nails in applying pressure carefully as I stared into his cold eyes. Keep on talking like that you will be the first one I kill." I let go of his arm, almost pushing him before I got on the chariot and took up as much space as I could standing tall and proud.

Cinna had seen what had happened and he was happy to see that I wasn't all good. No I might not know how yet, but I would be as lethal as any other victor that was before me. Cinna stepped away and Throian came to my side taking his place as I tried my best to push him away from my side.

Everyone else took their place and before you knew it the horses started to move towards pushing us all out of the building and towards the screaming crowd ready to see their tributes. I put on that mask once again. Cheering and smiling until my face hurt while waving at the crowd as soon as we were in the public's eye.

Just then when we were the center of attention I could feel the heavy wings on my back fall off slowly and then the strong scent of rose lingered in the air. "Wait, look at that. How extraordinary, how beautiful, how marvelous. Look at the tribute from district 8. She is almost floating in that chariot. And those roses, I can tell, present Snow is quite pleased I can tell from here. And I am just getting new, she is a victors daughter. How exciting to see a legacy make her way truly outstanding." The announcer for the games spoke over the crowd as I looked back at the tributes after seeing them all covered in white rose petals and feathers from what my costume had left behind.

We stopped on the right side, almost in the center of the city capital and faced our president. It wasn't long before he stood up and started to give his speech. "Welcome... welcome... to the start of the 69th Hunger games. Here in front of us we have some of the bravest people in our grate districts. We salute you for your bravery, and for your strength. But especially your sacrifice. I want o be the one to wish you all a happy hunger games. And as always may the odds be ever in your favor."

Snow finished and that was it. Before we knew it was over and as we headed back I couldn't help but to look back at him. He was now the owner of my life, and for the day my name was called out I was his slave. It made me think back about all the times my mother was sent out to the capital. How they ordered her around whenever they thought she was worthy of their presence.

With these thoughts in my head the chariot arrived back to where we had gotten on and stopped with Woolf waiting for us. "Good show everyone, I am hoping to see a lot of sponsors this year." Woolf clapped for us as he helped me down . "Now we must get going, the elevators will fill up quickly and we need to get to the 8th floor as soon as possible. I have homework to last you all night."

There with him were Cinna and his stylist clapping at what had just happened, happily I had pulled it off. "Congratulations to our angel." The stylist that had put my hair cheered as her colleagues did as well excited as ever.

"Let the stars rest, and you Cinna excelente work. I hope the best for the interview as well." Woolf pushed us for the crowds and then we were escorted to another vehicle that took us straight to our home building for the rest of the week. "This is it, a little remodel but still cold looking as ever."

"Wow..." Thorian said amazed and for once I felt betrayed almost. He blamed me for acting for the captain when he seemed to enjoy all of the luxuries more than me. "Did your mom tell you about all of this?"

"No, my mom was too broke to speak of all of this." I grabbed my skirts and went inside the building and headed over toward where Woolf was leading. We got to what seemed like a door but as soon as we got on it started moving weirdly and my stomach started twisting and I feared falling. I grabbed on tight to Woolf, and before you knew it the door opened to expose a stunning room.

"This is your home for the next few days. It is all yours. Enjoy the luxury and comfort. Now let's eat." Lumi guided us to the oversize dining room full of delicious foods. We sat down and ate what we wanted and then I rushed over to what seemed to be my room to change. I took off the gown very carefully so as not to disrespect Cinna's dress and then proceeded to finally lay down on my bed.

My silk pajamas felt amazing over the satin sheets and I was just getting comfortable when the door was opened by Woolf. "I see you were just about to get comfortable."

"As comfortable as a tribute can be." I looked at his short figure to see a fairly large bag in his hand. "Is that my homework?" I asked sarcastically and it seemed to make him chuckle a little. Quickly I realized it was more than just films and books of strategy, no as soon as he laid out what was in the bag I knew he was serious.

"If you want to see it that way.... I got these at the gift shop downtown. They are for toys but seeing as you have never seen them in person it might help to see what feels best." Woolf stepped to the side and there on my bed laid an assortment of toy weapons. It was a small representation of what was used in the games. "Now let me see with which one you dance best."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443K 30.2K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
102K 4.3K 50
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
173K 3.6K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.3M 54.6K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC