The Heartless Billionaire (EB...

By MsDreamerGirl84

Warning: Contains Mature Scenes, and lots of swearing. LOADED WITH GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK... More

A Letter from the Author
Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Accident and the Funeral
Chapter 2: Expect The Unexpected
Chapter 3: Facing your Fears
Chapter 4: The First Day with the Brute!
Chapter 5: The Dinner
Chapter 6: The Choice (Resisting Love)
Chapter 7: Life Without Love
Chapter 8: The Charity Ball
Chapter 9: Loving you secretly..
Chapter 10: Two Broken Heart
Chapter 11: The Confession of two hearts
Chapter 12: The new found friendship
Chapter 13: The blissful relationship
Chapter 14: Love is in the Air
Not an Update
Chapter 15: Party with Friends
Chapter 16: The Conflict between the sexes
Chapter 17: When Pride Takes Over
Chapter 19: Coming Back
Chapter 20: The Surprise Visit
Chapter 21: Love Hurt
Chapter 22: Love is a cycle..
Chapter 23: The Business Condition
Chapter 24: The Heartless Goodbye
Chapter 25: Escaping Reality
Chapter 26: The Wedding
Author's Note
Chapter 27: Tracking her down
Chapter 28: The familiar feelings..
Chapter 29: The Sudden Proposal
Chapter 30: The Wedding Arrangement
Not an update
Chapter 31: The Wedding Day
Epilogue
A Bonus Chapter: The Runaway Bride

Chapter 18: The mistakable Deception

115K 3.9K 74
By MsDreamerGirl84

"Jealousy is that pain which a man feels from the apprehension that he is not equally beloved by the person whom he entirely loves." ― Joseph Addison

(Unedited)
Lauren's POV

Mario dropped by and gave me my phone. The moment he walked into my place, I burst into tears. I felt like he's the only person left who truly cares for me, except Chrissy but she's not here.

"Shhh.. It's alright. I'm sorry, I can't protect you. He doesn't deserve you Lauren, not even your love!" Mario hushed as he uttered some comforting words. He was hugging me and rubbing my back in circles. We were on the couch.

After I talk to Ashley, I cleaned my face and change into comfortable sleeping clothes. Then I came back to the living room and was trying to drown myself with liquor but Mario came just as I had 3 shots of tequila. Reminds me of the time I saw him with Ashley in that party.

"How do you guys know each other by the way?" Mario asked out of curiosity.

"He was my best friend's brother, and our parent's was very close friends."

"I see. But he does really love you, you know?' Mario commented and he let me go, when I pulled myself off him.

"He doesn't! He doesn't even trust me. He called me slutty!" I chuckled bitterly and I bit my bottom lip. I was about to grab another shot of my tequila when Mario grab it away from me.

"That's enough. Drowning yourself with booze won't help you. It will only give you a massive headache tomorrow." Mario lectured and he stood up and took the opened tequila in the kitchen with the glass.

I tried to blink the tears back and stop it, but it kept pouring incessantly. His words still ringing in my head..

"I thought you have changed Lauren?" He still thought I'm still the slutty one, whom people labeled me... and he did too. The only people whom I thought who could understand me and trust me. The thought of him thinking that I am what he thinks of me, before, was painful than death.

I wipe my tears and decided to sleep. It's almost 3 in the morning and I had to go to work. With a heavy heart and head, I stood up and thinking to head upstairs to my room. Mario was walking back to my direction.

"Goodnight Mario. And don't go home. You can take the guest room where you usually sleep if your here." I suggest. It's already three and Isaac probably be sleeping right now.

"Ok. Don't go to work tomorrow Lauren. I'll handle it. You need to take a rest!" he stated casually as he shoved his hands in his pockets. He is looking at me apologetically.

Drat! He is really a change man! Love does miracle things..

"No. They need me there." I replied shaking my head, after.

"One day won't make any difference, Lauren. And I will be there!" he insisted with a tone of no argument.

I just nod my head in agreement and turned on my heel to my room upstairs. I was feeling dizzy already.

Not long, I reach my room and managed to brush my teeth before I completely lost my consciousness. I felt the softness of my bed, not bothering to reach the middle, I let the sleep engulf me.

----
Zandros' POV

"Are you ok?" Nicolas asked after he found me at the parking lot, with a girl in his shoulder. I didn't bother to asked him who she was because my head was still reeling with Lauren. I hurt her. I called her slut again. I wanted to smack my head after realizing what have I just done.

"Put me down, you son of a bitch!" the girl yelled and punch Nicolas back with her small fists.

"Shut up!" Nicolas growled gruffly and put her down on her feet but scooped her after and tossed her inside his car in the back. The girl was protesting and ranting words, but Nicolas was not faze by her anger.

I climbed in the front seat and ignored the ranting of the girl. Soon, Nicolas slide in the driver seat and lock the door. The girl cussed again and Nicolas ignored it.

"Are you ok?" Nicolas asked as he glance at me before he started the engine.

"Yeah.." I replied nonchalantly, not bothering to look at him.

"Where do you want me to drive you?" he asked after, while he's backing up the car, out of the parking lot.

"To my place, will do." I murmured and I leaned my head on my seat.

"Drive me first to Ashley place!" The girl from behind sputtered angrily.

"No!" Nicolas replied, clenching his jaw, making the girl furious. I looked at Nicolas curiously and he just gave me a quick glance and back to the road.

"Is she Adriana?" I asked softly, inclining my head to the girl's direction. He just nod his head in confirmation. That explains his possessiveness. If in the different situation, I would have teased him until he will beat me out.

I look out the window and think what would I do next. I missed her already but I'm not going to apologize to her. It was her fault. I will go home tonight and think about this things. I already miss her. I wanted to wake up with her face I see, the moment I open my eyes.

I was too occupied that I didn't noticed Nicolas already park the car in one of the best hotels in New York they owned. The Pallis-Petropoulis Hotel. They have like fifteen hotels, just in New York. I bought the penthouse in this hotel at Midtown East of Manhattan.

"Thanks bud!" I nod. Then, I quickly climbed out of his car and headed to the elegant revolving door and into the lobby.

As soon as I reached my place, I quickly headed to my room and had the longest shower I ever had in my life.

Now, I'm lying in my bed completely wakeful. Sleep had forgotten me. I was tossing and turning but still sleep is elusive.

I grudgingly swung my legs out of my bed and walked out my door. I headed to my mini bar in the kitchen and grab a whiskey. I opened a new bottle and downed it. I felt the harsh burning sensation just as the liquid reach my bottom throat. I didn't mind it. I walk to the couch and turned the TV on, not really paying attention to what is the show about. I just need some noise to busied my head.

I hate this. I hate this feelings. Worst than before.

"FUCK!" I hissed furiously. I missed her terribly. I want to sleep with her beside me. Dammit! I screwed everything.

I need to see her first thing in the morning. I need to, or I'll go crazy. Then I downed another big gulp of my whiskey then place it on the table. I lay horizontally on the couch and watch the ceiling with my head wandering.

I should have just brought her with me. I think Stavros wouldn't mind at all. But, it's all too late. I have ruined everything.

Damn this jealousy!!

I fell asleep with all this things reeling in my head, and with the thought of seeing her the first thing in the morning.

----
Mario's POV

I woke up with a little bit of headache, when my alarm went on. I turned it off and lazily dragged myself in the washroom and had a quick shower. The thought of having a lunch with Ashley today, made me feel exuberant. I can't wait to see her again.

I quickly had a shower. When I thought I felt clean, I climb out of the shower and took the towel hanging in the rack and dried myself, then I wrap the towel loosely around my hips. I walked out the washroom and walk to the cabinets where some of my few clothes was kept. Sometimes, especially when there are works we need to finish and Lauren, I tend to sleep over her place. So, I decided to keep some clothes in the cabinets so I don't need to bring clothes or if there's a sudden sleep over then I have clothes prepared here.

I just reach where the cabinets are, when the door bell rang. I wanted to ignore it, but I knew Lauren needs more sleep and I don't want to wake her up.

I wonder who was here at this early. Well, it's already 8 in the morning. I thought maybe Lauren's cleaner was here.

I quickly headed downstairs to the door, without bothering to wear something. Carol knew me and I felt comfortable with her around. She's Lauren cleaner and she's about her 50's.

As soon as I reach the door, I unlocked the door and yank it open. I was surprised to see Zandros, looking high and mighty in his gray jeans and gray shirt top with a black leather jacket. His hair was still damp and he looks exhausted.

He looks more surprise to see me.

----
Zandros' POV

Calixto parked the car in front of the building where Lauren's live. "I'll call you if I will not coming back in half an hour." I said to him before heading to the door.

I walked into the open elevator and punch her floor. I felt the elevator jolted to move up. The lift was too slow making me feel a butterflies in my stomach. I don't know how will she react when she see me. But I knew I am excited to see her. I missed her terribly and I was up early, excited to see her again. I knew my life would be dull and empty without her.

And this morning I made up my mind to apologize if only that means that we are good and I could hold her again.

As soon as the elevator stops, I quickly walked out the elevator and walked briskly to her door. I heaved a loud sigh before pressing the doorbell button. After like a decade, the door opened, revealing a surprised Mario.

I was more surprised to see him, and with only a towel wrapped around his hips, looking like freshly showered. It made my blood boil. I was clenching my hands, when a scenario of them and Lauren sharing bed and even showered together.

"Where is Lauren?" I managed to asked icily. I wanted to smack his face when he looked at me smugly.

"She's sleeping peacefully. Why? What do you need of her? I don't want to wake her up, we went to bed late last night!" he raised his eyebrows challengingly. His last words was like a knife, directly stabbing me in my heart and twisting it over and over, painfully.

"Nothing. I thought, she's awake!" Was all I uttered and left the place as quickly as possible before I'd kill him.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialled Clarence.

"Prepare the plane. I'm leaving to Greece in an hour." I ordered coldly.

Dammit Lauren! What did I do to deserve this humiliating betrayal!!!

I tried to block my head from all this taunting scenario kept flashing in my head with her and Mario in the bed, probably doing.. "Urrghhh...." I groaned loudly. I'm glad no one is in the elevator or they would think I have lost my sanity.

My heart was so painful. I lost her. She really did mean what she said. "If you walk away tonight, then don't come back!" She meant it, and every word.

"Why Lauren? I thought she love me? Why is it so easy to replace me?" I mumbled audibly.. I felt a lone tear drip on my cheek. I wipe it quickly and shook the thoughts out of my head and tried to think.

Apparently, she had move on quickly.

It hurts but I had to move on, as she did. But the thought of her moving on so quickly was really heart breaking. I was so hurt. I felt so hopeless, despondent, desperate. It was the worst emotional pain I have been through in my life, by far. The two most traumatizing experiences of my life is when I left her after knowing she loves me and she was gone when I decided to see her to sort things out. And now, she seems to move on, making me feels like I will never be okay again. It feels like she were the only person in the world that could make me happy and truly, she is, based on my experienced when I realized that day she was gone.

I knew my life would be meaningless without her. She's a piece of me that would never be replace with anyone. Or maybe that what I thought.

If she had move on that quick, then I could too. Maybe, all I need is to open up my heart to anyone. Instead of sulking, I guess I need to go out more. Not drowning myself with work.

Finally, the elevator jolted to stop and the door slides open. I quickly walked out the place and never looked back. Calixto was surprised to see me so quickly. He didn't utter any word. He opened the rear door for me and I slide in the back seat.

"Drive me back to my place Calixto. I will just grab my suitcase then drive me to the tarmac after. I don't know how long will I be back." I uttered coldly, trying to suppress the bitterness I felt. The pain and hurt that Lauren caused in my heart.

"Yes, Mr. Mailov." Calixto replied briefly and he started the engine and soon, he was emerging with the traffic.

-----
Lauren's POV

I woke up with a massive headache. I squinted couple times before my eyes got accustomed with the brightness in my room. I looked on the clock on my bedside table and it's almost 1 in the afternoon. I just noticed I was on the edge of my bed sleeping. I remember I passed out in my bed last night. I'm just glad I even reach my bed before I collapsed.

I idly got out of my bed and decided to take a shower to wake my system up. I felt like I was punch countless times. My body is sore and I have a splitting headache. As soon as I got in my washroom, I rummaged through my medicine cabinet just above my mirror. I found the bottle of an Advil and took one. I was too lazy to go downstairs to get a filtered water, that I decided to drink from the water tap. I turned the water tap on, with my hands together under the running water to fill in like a cup and drink from it. I grimaced with the taste of the medicine.

I looked on the mirror and saw a messed up Lauren staring back at me. Hair tangled, bloodshot and puffy eyes, there's still some mascara smeared around my eyes, my cheeks were dry and pale. I look like a zombie.

With a heavy heart, I climbed in the shower and turned the water tap on and adjusted the temperature. As soon as the water is in perfect temperature, not cold not too warm, I turned the shower head on and stepped in under. I shampooed my hair and lather it thoroughly, while massaging my aching head lightly. Then, I scrub my body. When I felt satisfied, I rinse myself thoroughly with my hair. When I'm done, I turned the tap off and climbed out of the shower. I grab a towel and dried myself completely, wrapping the towel in my hair at the end.

I quickly walked out the washroom and walked to my drawers and get myself dress and thought to make a coffee and maybe do my work here. I'll just call Mario and get an update.

I wore a green tank top and a gray flare yoga pants. I just dried my hair with the towel and just brush it with my hair brush. I tossed the damp towel in the laundry basket, then I headed out of my room, to the kitchen.

I saw Carol in the living room. She was dusting.

"Good Afternoon, Ms Lauren!" she greeted happily and continued on her work.

"Good Afternoon, Carol. How are you?" I replied smiling forcefully back at her.

"I'm fine Ms Lauren. Mario left you some breakfast, but it's already lunch time. Would you like me to make you anything for lunch?" Carol asked politely as she gave me her sweet smile. I like her very much. She's Mexican and she has a really thick accent but I could still understand what she is saying. She's a very sweet lady, reminding me of the ladies back home, and my Tata.

"The food Mario made should be fine Carol. But, Thank you!" I replied nonchalantly.

"Very well then Ms. Lauren, I will go upstairs and clean the second floor." she smiled then carried her bin full of cleaning detergents. I just nod and headed to the kitchen. I grab the phone in it's receiver that's sitting on the island counter and dialled Mario's number. Not long, it connected.

"Mario's Speaking!" he snapped. Looks like he was busy.

"It's Lauren!" I reminded him, nonchalantly.

"Hey.. How are you?" he asked after with his voice softening. I could hear different noises and clicking of what it seems like utensils in the background. I thought he maybe in the restaurant for his lunch break.

"I'm fine.. I'm sorry, did I interrupted your lunch break?" I asked worriedly.

"No.. no. I'm with Ashley." he answered briefly.

"Ohh.. Then, I am interrupting you both." I sighed guiltily. "I'll talk to you later then." I resigned.

"Is there any problem?" he asked sounding disturbed.

"Nothing. I just want to know how's everything at work?" I replied, less ecstatic.

"Everything is fine. Isaac was already busy on their photoshoots for the new collections for this upcoming season. Henrique is terrific and Hugh, Donaire's replacement was fabulous. Those two would bring good luck in the future..." he mused excitedly. This is one thing I like with Mario. He is so passionate with his job. His eyes would twinkle when he talk about our work.

"Great. Please extend my gratitude to Ashley." I replied happily. At least there's something good that happened today.

"And by the way, I have something to tell you.." he added, sounding reluctant and worried.

"What is it?" I asked nonchalantly, as I walked to the table where a covered food was sitting. I thought probably the food Mario made this morning. I lift the metal cover and a bacon, scrambled eggs with two piece of toast bread and a hush brown was place in the big plate. Suddenly, my tummy growled when the smell of the food lingered in my nostrils.

"Promised me first you won't be mad." Mario's insistent voice resonated in my ears taking me back to him.

"Yes." I replied blankly. I walked to my cabinets where my plates and utensils are and grab a plate and a fork and knife. I walk back to the table and place the plate on the table.

"Zandros came over this morning around 8. He saw me with just a towel wrapped around my waist. I just came out from the shower you know, when he rang the doorbell. I thought it was Carol so I didn't bother to change." He explained. My whole body froze and I wanted to smack Mario in his face for not waking me up.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I snapped angrily. Suddenly, I lost my appetite. I wanted to strangle his neck. My fondness of him suddenly wipe out.

"You need some rest Lauren. And besides, if he loves you he will understand that you need rest and he will come back again." Mario replied in a clipped tone.

"Uurrrggghhhh.." was all I responded and ended the line. I was so mad at him. I quickly dialled Zandros number.

"The number you had dialed is not in serv-" a woman's voice rang in my speaker and I ended the call furiously without hearing everything the lady said.

"Dammit Mario!!!!" I hissed as I plopped down on the chair. Completely forgotten my hungry tummy. My head was reeling with the thought of Zandros.

----

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.5K 5K 39
(Can Be Read As A Standalone) They took everything from me. My parents, my sister, my dreams, my sanity. My mission is simple. Destroy those who des...
1.4M 31.7K 44
"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa Evans, a 17-year-old girl that came fro...
76.1K 2K 39
Hello my fellow readers this book is now back on this platform, sorry that there is no picture beyond chapter 6 , I am still looking for the same one...
6.8K 343 59
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...