Children of War |Watching The...

By britnicole01

What if Harry never went to live with Vernon and Petunia? This is the story of Magnolia Evans and the childr... More

Disclaimer
Past Generation Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter Two

4.8K 149 41
By britnicole01

*Disclaimer- this chapter was so sad. It also was super long and had to be broken up into two parts. Happy Reading :)* 

Privet Drive- Night

The film begins, the opening scene is a street sign Privet Drive. An owl sitting on the sign flies away to reveal an elderly man walking through the forest. He stops at the edge of the street and takes out a small tube shaped device and zaps all of the light from the street lamps. As he is placing the device into the breast pocket of his purple robes, he spots a tabby cat on the garden wall

"Lily, isn't that where Petunia and Vernon live?" Magnolia whispered to her sister. "I believe so, I wonder why Professor Dumbledore is visiting them at this time of night" Lily murmured back.

In the background of the Great Hall, you can hear the excitement of James and Sirius. "Mum, would you be able to nick me one of those for Christmas?" James asked Effie. "Absolutely not, and Monty you better not get it for him either. Merlin knows you lot cause enough mischief as it is" Effie exclaimed.

"Ronald, put that thing away. I can not believe you brought it here of all places". Hermione whispered. "Mione, why have it if I can show it off, its what Dumbledore would have wanted". Ron replied.

"James, lads, take a look. I was left with this by Professor Dumbledore himself." Ron showed them the deluminator. "Wicked" they replied

The camera zooms into the tabby cat on the wall. Albus Dumbledore, looks down at it knowingly.

Dumbledore:"Minerva, I should have know that you would be here"

"MINNIE" both the past and future generations shout. Professor McGonagall shushes them with a faint smile on her lips. She loved her lions more than anything.

The cat meows, and shifts out of frame. It's shadow is seen growing until a fully human Minerva McGonagall is in its place. She is standing years older, in an emerald green cloak.

McGonagall: Good evening, Professor Dumbledore. I've come to see if the rumors are true.

Dumbledore: I'm afraid so, Minerva. Both the good and the bad.

McGonagall: And the boy?

Dumbledore: Hagrid is bringing him as we speak.

McGonagall: Do you think it is wise to trust Hagrid with something as grave and important as this?

"We trust Hagrid with our lives!" the future generation exclaims. "Our secrets however not so much" Lyra giggles to a blushing Hagrid.

Dumbledore: Yes, I would trust Hagrid with my life.

They are cut off by the sound of a motorcycle coming from overhead. It skids onto the street and halts. A large man with shoulder length black hair and a large wiry beard approaches. As he approaches the professors he takes his goggles off.

"Moony, look at that. Can I have one? Will you help me make it?" Sirius cried. Remus gave him one glance and murmured "No". Sirius looked down pouting before turning to James, "Prongs, do you think we could figure that out?". "Definitely, with the help of Mini Evans" James smirked.

Hagrid: Professor Dumbledore, Sir. Professor McGonagall. Wish I was seeing the both of youse on better circumstances.

Dumbledore: No problems, I trust, Hagrid?

Hagrid: None sir. Little tyke fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol. Hehe, try not to wake him up. He's got quite the set of lungs. Here you go.

Hagrid hands over the baby, wrapped in a red Gryffindor blanket to McGonagall. The baby begins to fuss, until he settles into her arms.

McGonagall: There, there my little lion, it's going to be okay. Shhh. It's okay. You are such a brave little boy. Minnie's got you. You are so loved, Harry.

Everyone in the Great Hall is gushing over the moment between Harry and McGonagall. Harry looks over to McGonagall and gives her a bright smile

James interrupts "Minnie, I knew you loved us! Look at you loving all over mine and Lily's baby".

Lily shakes her head and mouths a small thank you to Minnie for providing her baby comfort in such a scary time.

McGonagall covers her face to hide her blushing cheeks

McGonagall: Albus, are you sure this is safe? What about Magnolia, she would take Harry in without a question. These people are not safe, I have been watching them all day. They're the worst sort of Muggles imaginable. They really are–

Dumbledore: They are the only family that he has

"Hold on, where are Lily and I?" James asked. Harry looked at his father and shook his head before returning his focus back onto the screen. Lily, James, and their friends look at one another confused as to why no one else was there.

"Professor?" Lily interrupted. "How is Petunia and Vernon the only family Harry has left? Where is Magnolia? Surely she would take care of Harry if something happened to me or James?"

"I'm not sure Miss Evans" Dumbledore replied.

"Lily, I would take Harry in no questions asked" Magnolia whispered reassuringly to her sister. The future generation looked at the young Magnolia with small smiles on their faces. She was just as kind and selfless here as she was in their time.

The camera follows them as they walk away. They all stop in front of house number 4.

"That's our sister's house! You can't send him there, they hate magic. They will hurt him!" cried Magnolia.

"Miss Evans, I'm sure you are mistaken. They will take great care of Harry" smiled Dumbledore.

Hagrid: This little boy will be famous. There won't be a person in our world who doesn't know his name

"Famous? Famous for what exactly? " Effie murmured to Monty. "I'm not sure dear, maybe because of his lineage?" Monty shrugged.

Dumbledore: Exactly. He is better off growing up away from the magical world. Until he is ready. Magnolia is too busy to care for a child.

McGonagall sniffles, crying a little.

Dumbledore: There, there, Minerva. It's not really Good-bye, after all.

Hagrid nods. Dumbledore takes a letter and places it on the baby, who is now at the foot of the door. The baby has a visible lightning-bolt shaped scar across his entire forehead.

Gasps rang out across the Great Hall. Regulus Black turned to his father, "Father, that is the mark of very dark magic". Orion is stunned for a moment, "Indeed it is son, I wonder if we are the only ones to notice.".

Dumbledore: Goodluck Harry Potter

The Great Hall was silent. Everyone was stunned. Mothers were fumming. James Potter was the first to break the silence, "YOU LEFT MY CHILD ON A FUCKING DOORSTEP". No one had ever seen James this angry. "You left a defenseless child on a doorstep in the cold. That is Pathetic!" Lily grabbed James's hand, "I'm just as angry as you are, but we have to continue watching to see what happens." she smoothed his hair talking to him. James nodded.

Dumbledore turned to look at the angry mob in front of him. Everyone was disgusted. Walburga Black spoke next, "Albus, you are aware how precious children are in the Wizarding World. And you just left the Potter boy on the stoop, like an animal.".

Sirius looked away baffled, "If my own mother is against what just happened, that has to mean something." he whispered to Moony.

Dumbledore addressed the room, "I do not take responsibility of my actions in the future. I'm sure Harry was warm and safe. I would have used some type of charm or rune for his protection."

Magnolia spoke next, " Even if you did, why would you not notify me? Why would you leave my nephew with my magic hating family? You are aware of the abuse Lily and I faced from Petunia. She thinks we're freaks! And you left her magical, defenseless baby there". She turned to look at James and Lily tears in her eyes, "I promise the both of you I will find Harry. He will NEVER know the pain Lily and I felt".

Harry pulled his Aunt Maggie into a warm embrace, "I know you would Aunt Maggie. It's okay". Sniffling, Magnolia nods and turns back to the screen unaware of the looks of admiration she receives from the Great Hall. The quiet HufflePuff girl was never this outspoken.

The camera pans to Dumbledore and Hagrid as they mount the magical motor bike.

Dumbledore: Minerva are you coming?

McGonagall: Excuse me a moment gentlemen. I need to collect myself. Albus I will apparate back.

Dumbledore: Very well, we shall see you back at Hogwarts.

The duo is seen flying into the open night sky. Minnie is seen walking to the front of the house. She grabs her wand and sends a patronus to Magnolia Evans. She must get Harry to someone safe.

Her patronus, a silvery blue tabby cat, comes forward. Find Magnolia Evans, inform her that Harry Potter is in danger. He is being left at 4 Privet Drive, Surrey. Get here quickly.

The Great Hall erupts in cheers. "Thank you Minnie!" James and Lily declare in unison. The Head of House is seen wiping her eyes smiling warmly at her cubs. She looks at Harry who is grinning at her. "It is my honor, Potters," she says softly.

The camera zooms towards Harry's scar as it shines brightly in the moonlight. The once clear sky has turned into a thunderstorm. McGonagall quickly casted a bubble charm over herself and Harry.

The film switches to a house in Edinburgh. A small cottage surrounded by trees and plants is shown. Inside the cottage, Magnolia Evans, Remus Lupin, and Sirius Black are shown sitting around a small kitchen table.

Magnolia: Remmy, Siri.. I need to talk to you guys.

She's nervously tugging at her sleeves and biting the skin around her thumb.

Sirius: Of course dove, we can talk as soon as I get back from checking on Prongs and Lily. It's Harry's first Halloween. They shouldn't spend the night all alone.

Magnolia: I know, I just really need to talk to you before you go. It won't take too long promise.

Sirius: Rem, what time is it?

Remus: Quarter til seven, why?

Sirius: I need to go Godrics Hollow before eight. Dumbledore's monitoring their floo. Let me check on them really quickly and I'll be right back.

Magnolia: Sirius, can you please just give me a second before you leave?

Sirius: ENOUGH MAGNOLIA! Stop being so selfish. I have to see my god son tonight before Dumbledore closes the floo. Whatever you need to talk about I'm sure can wait until I get back.

Magnolia flinched at his loud outburst, her blue eyes filling with tears.

Remus: SIRIUS—

Magnolia: No Remus, he's right. I am being selfish. It's my Nephew's first real Halloween. Go ahead Sirius, I'll tell you when you get back.

She looks at both of them with a watery smile. She gets up from the table placing a gentle hand on her abdomen. As she's walking to their room, Sirius and Remus finish their conversation.

Remus: Sirius, that was extremely uncalled for. You need to take her feelings into consideration. That's the only way we can have healthy communication.

Sirius: I know Rem, I'll make it up to her when I get back. I just have a feeling something is going on. I need to go check on them. I shouldn't be too long.

Remus: Do you want me to go with you?

Sirius: No, someone needs to stay here and keep Mags safe. I'll be right back. I love you.

James and Peter both gasp in shock. Remus and Sirius are eyeing each other with blushing cheeks. "I KNEW IT" screamed James. "I knew you both had a thing!", "The only thing is, how did Mini Evans get wrapped into your relationship" Marlene smirks wiggling her brows at a beet red Magnolia.

Sirius and Remus share a brief kiss. Before Sirius heads to the fireplace. He grabs floo powder from the a flower pot beside the mantle. "GODRICS HOLLOW" he bellows before being consumed in bright green flames.

Sirius steps out of the Floo into what looks like an eerily silent living room. Glass is strewn across the living room. Candy wrappers are abandoned, Harry's toys are burnt. Walking to the stairs, wand drawn, Sirius calls out for James. "Prongs, are you here?" "Are you hurt?". His voice dies in his throat when he sees his brother lying limply on the stairs. James Potter was murdered. His glasses are broken, body limp and motionless.

The Great Hall cries out in shock. James Potter, prankster, Quidditch Star, son, brother, and friend is dead. His parents are quietly crying, Lily is gripping his hand like he will disappear into thin air. His fellow Marauders are hugging him tight. "Prongs, this is what happened before, but this will not happen this time around. We will prevent this from happening. You will be here for Lily and Harry." Sirius whispered to James. James mutely nods with a far away look in his eyes.

Sirius quickly wipes his eyes and rushes up the stairs. "LILY! HARRY!" He storms into the nursery, to an awful sight. Lily Potter is deceased in front of Harry's crib. Harry is quietly crying, he notices Sirius. "Pads", "Padfoo" "Mama", he stretches his small arms towards Sirius seeking comfort.

Magnolia loudly gasp and closes her hands over her face. Her body begins shaking with small sobs. Her big sister, her rock is dead. "Lily, no I refuse to let this happen to you". She wraps herself around her sister. The children from the future, smile sadly at the sisters. Magnolia from their time loved loudly and unapologetically.

Sirius picked Harry up from his crib cradling the small boy to his chest. "It's okay Harry, shh its okay, Uncle Pads has got you. I'll get you to Aunt Maggie and Uncle Moony. It's okay sweet boy, you're safe now".

Outside of Godrics Hollow, Peter Pettigrew stood in the darkness. In complete awe of what he had done. In his rat form, he took off.

Back at the Cottage, Remus and Magnolia are seen sitting on the sofa.

Remus: Mags, Sirius has been gone a while. Should we check on him?

Magnolia: Rem I'm sure he's fine or we would have heard from James or Lily.

Remus: You're right, I just have a bad feeling about tonight.

Before Magnolia could respond, a knock was heard on the front of the small cottage. Remus glanced at Magnolia before placing a finger to his lips.

"AUROR'S OFFICE OPEN UP" "WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE BLACK" Magnolia and Remus jump up from the couch and run towards the door.

Alastor Moody and Amelia Bones are at the door.

Moody: Where is he Evans?

Magnolia: Sirius isn't home, he went to visit someone about two hours ago. What's going on?

Amelia: Magnolia, there's no easy way to say this. James and Lily Potter were murdered tonight. The Dark Mark is above the home.

Magnolia in shock looks at Remus whose eyes have filled with tears.

Magnolia: Are you serious? Who did it? Where's Harry? I have to find Harry!

Remus: Magnolia, we have to tell them where Sirius is.

Magnolia: Remus. Sirius would never betray my sister and James. SIRIUS LOVES US. He would never do this.

Remus: Magnolia. He's the only one that has access to the Floo Network into their home. No one else would have been able to.

Magnolia: NO REMUS. HE WOULDN'T DO THIS

Magnolia stares in disbelief at Remus. Her eyes are filled with tears and her hands are shaking. She looks to Moody and Auror Bones, "Where is my fiance and nephew?".

Moody: We are not sure Miss Evans. But, once Black is caught he will be arrested.

Magnolia: Where is your proof that he did this?

Bones: Your statements and the fact that Sirius is the Potter's secret keeper is proof enough.

As the Aurors leave, Magnolia turns to Remus. "How could you incriminate Sirius?".

Remus: Magnolia, I've had my suspicions about Sirius for a few weeks now. This just confirms that my suspicions were correct.

Magnolia: You're being ridiculous. He would never do something like this.

Remus: Now that it's out in the open, I've been wondering the same about you. You've been awfully jumpy the past month, anytime I try to touch you, you squirm away. You seem to be paranoid all the time and you're looking peaky. You're hiding something, Magnolia.

Magnolia: I was going to tell you guys tonight. Together. I did not betray my sister. I would never. But, I have been hiding something.

Magnolia pulls out an ultrasound print. She hands it to Remus. "I'm pregnant Moony, not a murder" she says sniffling. Remus eyes the ultrasound and takes it into his hands. His eyes are wet and his soul looks broken.

Remus: Magnolia, I'm sorry. I can't do this. I can't help you raise Sirius's child. I love you, Merlin, do I love you. But I can not do this. Please get rid of it. We can have our own child. I can't look into the eyes of my former lover knowing he murdered our friends.

Magnolia: Remus, we don't know if the baby is yours or Sirius's. I'm having this baby. With or without you. They didn't ask to be brought into this world. I love them already, I can't get rid of them.

Remus: I understand that, I do, but Magnolia I can not be here. My condition is too dangerous for a child. Please understand.

Magnolia is sobbing and trying to clutch onto Remus's sweater. "Please don't leave me. Moony, please. We can clear Sirius's name. We can raise Harry and our baby together. We'll be a family.".

Remus: I'm sorry. I can't. I'll grab my things and I'll leave.

Magnolia: No Remus please!

Remus quickly packs all of his belongings into his trunk as Magnolia sits on the couch sobbing. After his trunk is packed, it glances back on last time, stuffing the ultrasound into his cardigan pocket before apperating out of the cottage into the night.

The students and Professor glance at Magnolia who is silently crying, glancing at her future children. Remus looks down ashamed at his future self's actions. Everyone is too stunned to speak. Leo and Lyra look at their fathers and back to their mother. Their mother never shared this particular memory with them, and for good reason. They reach for their mother to soothe her. She was by far one of the strongest women they knew, and this further proved that to them.

Magnolia was left in silence for long before the tabby cat patronus of Minerva McGonagall flooded into the small cottage. Harry was alive and he needed her. She grabbed her cloak and apparated to 4 Privet Drive. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Part one of Chapter 2! What do you guys think so far? Should we keep Wolfstar + Magnolia? Should we introduce a new character?

Comment your thoughts! Vote if you liked it : )

I'll be uploading the next part soon . 

- Happy Reading <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583 6 33
Severus loves Lilly, Raven loves James. The marauders friended Raven, Lilly friended Severus. The Potters death took its toll on Raven and Severus...
10 0 2
Who ever wants to grow up? Especially in a time when growing up means taking your place in a war that doesn't quite feel like it's yours to be fought...
28.1K 447 10
harry, his twin and his friends go to the past to show the world what happens if they don't stop Voldemort A: I don't know how to describe stuff this...
4K 127 99
Instead of making four different books for every single book I did for this series and just copying here, I decided to make a whole book of the serie...