The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

37) Stabbing the tension

194 6 0
By JaneMayLily

Episode 4 is just Jinorra, Meelo and Ikki trying to find Korra so this chapter is just episode 5.

Sophie POV

Soon Iroh has to leave and Asami picks me up soon after.

"Where are your brothers?"she asks and I sigh.

"One is helping a dictator and the other one is babysitting."I reply and she laughs.

We sit in silence till Asami breaks it,"and what are you planning on doing?"

"What do you mean,"What am I planning?" "

"I saw how you reacted to Kuvira's announcement and there is no way that you aren't doing anything to help stop her."

"I don't even know where she is or where to even start."

"I do.."

"What?"

"There are a couple of rumours going around that she is on her way to Zaofu. Wouldn't hurt to start there."

I fall silent and think. It makes sense. It's one of the last big cities that she has to conquer, it means a lot to her and if she were to succeed it would prove how strong she actually is.

"Well then I need to go there and help defend Zaofu."

We arrive at Asami's mansion and she stops the car.

"Are you going to... you know do the thing again?"she asks and I sigh.

"I'll control it. I have every other time I had to fight so far."

We get out of the car and walk into her home.

My family should be near by.

Asami was so nice and let my family stay here for the mean time, we'll for years now.

"Sophie is that you?"I hear my grandma ask as I walk in and I run to hug her.

"I missed you so much, grandma."I say and see more of my family members apppear,"I missed all of you."

I reunite with a couple of my family members before going with Asami into her office.

"Can we Radio through to Zaofu?"I ask and Asami nods.

"The signal is weak but it should work."

"Okay let's try it."

We try to radio through and after a bit I finally reach Su.

"Sophie is that you? I haven't heard from you in ages. I take it that you know what's going on? How can you help?"

"I'll be flying through to Zaofu early tomorrow morning. I'll try to help as much as I can."

"How? I'm sorry but I don't think there is anything you can create to help fight Kuvira's entire army."

"Trust me I'll make a plan. I'll be there a bit after sunrise."

"Okay. We need all the help we can get."

"Good luck, Su. Stay safe."

"Same to you."

I end the connection and put the radio back.

I turn to Asami and raise my eyebrows," you got a plane I can borrow? Preferably the smallest and fastest you have."

Asami nods," sure do."

We soon join my family for dinner and it feels so good to visit them again after all these years.

After dinner and spending about 2 hours avoiding questions about what I have been doing all these years, I go back to the room I had once already occupied when I stayed here with my brothers and started packing a backpack.

A knock sounds on my door and I tell the person to come in.

"The plane is all fuelled up and ready."she says and takes a seat on my bed.

We sit in silence for a moment before she breaks it,"I'm going to go see my father tomorrow to return all his letters. Then I'll never see him again."

I put a hand on her shoulder and squeeze it.

"I know your dad has done terrible things. I know how much you suffered because of them but one thing I've learnt from the past is that it's best to forgive while you still have time to do so." I explain and she hugs me tightly.

"I don't think I can."she says as she lets go and I shrug.

"Then you don't have too. Whatever you do, do it at your own time."

We talk for a bit more till we say our final goodbyes and she wishes me good luck for my journey.

The next morning comes quickly and soon I'm doing the final checks to fly to Zaofu.

"I hope I still know how to fly one of these things, it's been a while."I say to myself before shrugging,"whatever I have a parachute so it'll be fine."

I soon start the plane and after a few bumps, drops and almost crashing, I manage to fly the damn thing.

About a hour into the flight the wind starts picking up and the plane starts struggling a bit.

"I hate this so much."I say just as the engine starts giving me trouble,

I find an open field too land on and pull out my emergency tools.

About a half an hour in I'm done but hearing the whooshing of a train near by.

I climb on top of the plane and see one of Kuvira's trains heading straight in the direction of Zaofu.

She has to be in there.

"You better work."I slide off the roof and close the engine lid.

I put my goggles on and switch the plane back on.

The plane luckily starts again and soon I'm back in the air.

After another half an hour of flying and I can finally see Zaofu and Kuvira's entire army stationed in front of it.

I wonder where Bolin is.

I can also see that Kuvira's train has not stopped far from the city meaning that she's also already there.

I land on the north side of the estate and quickly shut the plane down.

It's an absolute ghost town here and I'm pretty sure that the only reason they didn't shoot me down is because Su informed them that I was coming.

I grab my stuff and quickly walk to the main building.

I sneak past a couple of Kuvira's guards and walk toward Su's office.

Once I'm in ears reach I can hear Bolin preaching about everything wonderful Kuvira has done.

Once I reach the doors I walk in, turning all the attention to me.

"Sophie?"I hear Bolin say confused but everyone else, except Kuvira and Baatar Junior, doesn't seem very surprised to see me as Su must have told them that I was coming.

The atmosphere shifts and I can see something metallic glint in Kuvira's hand.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but I have to sort this out with Kuvira too."I say walking further into the room, closer to Kuvira but she doesn't back down,"I told you to step down, Kuvira.I'm not letting you take Zaofu."

"You shouldn't have come, Sophie. Our fight is long over. I won remember."Kuvira says and steps closer.

Everyone else in the room shares a confused look, of course not knowing anything about our history.

I grip the familiar dagger hanging on my side and don't take my eyes off of Kuvira,"Oh you didn't win, you cheated."

"What fight? And what's with the tension? And why are you both grabbing knives?"Bolin voices but I choose to ignore him, so does Kuvira.

"I can't believe you brought Bolin in hopes to lessen the blow that you were going to take over the whole city."I click my tongue,"how stupid are you?"

"You know I'm not stupid."she grits through her teeth and Su decides to step up.

"Leave Kuvira. Zaofu will never accept you as their leader."Su says and I glance at her.

I can feel that her soul is scared and unsure of what to do.

"With you not understanding and Sophie threatening me, you leave me no choice. You have 24 hours to agree to join the empire and banish Sophie from Zaofu for eternity or we take the city by force and I'll sort her out my self."Kuvira states and I glare at her.

"You can try."I say and she walks past me, not before giving me one last menacing look.

Bolin is about to walk past me when he stops and looks down at me,"Why didn't you tell me that you two knew each other?"

"It's a long story...Go."I say and he finally walks away.

"I know there's more history to you two then we know or well expected but it's not the time to discuss that. We need a plan."Su says and we start talking strategy.

I decide to not tell her about my new found special bending and rather go with the plans they suggest.

We hear the doors open and when I look to see who it is I can't believe my eyes.

It's Korra.

"Korra,"I say and run to hug her.

She meets me in a tight embrace and soon Su follows asking Korra a bunch of questions.

Korra gets straight to the point and asks how she can help defend the city and that she'll explain her long journey later.

We discuss strategy till it's dinner time and then we all go out separate ways.

I'm busy writing things down in my journal when a knock sounds through my room.

Korra walks in and she takes a seat on the chair next to me.

"Su told me of the interaction you had with Kuvira before I came."she starts going straight to the point and sighs,"how do you guys actually know each other?"

"It's a long story that I don't want to get into now but we have a bit of history regarding the earth nation, some good but mostly very bad. I'm not the same person you knew 3 years ago."I explain.

"I can see that."she slightly grins and we start talking about her journey and she apologises for only answering 1 of the few letters I had written over the years.

I quickly wave that away and tell her it's okay.
She was going through it and to be honest, so was I.

"I'm going to talk with Kuvira.
Try to talk this out instead of fighting. Fighting only ever made everything worse."Korra says and I sigh.

"Korra, I'm afraid that Violence is the only language Kuvira understands. She doesn't listen to reasoning."I explain and Korra looks at me strangely.

"Su said the same thing."

"Then listen to us."

......................

A bit later, just as sunset has almost ended, Korra has gone to talk to Kuvira and I'm watching from a far.

"It will be okay. Korra will know what to do."I tell myself and don't take my eyes off the two the entire time.

Korra soon comes back and she tells me that she has to talk to Su.

"I'm going to talk with Su and try to get her to understand."Korra says, I grab her shoulder and we stop walking.

"What are you saying?"I look at her.

"Maybe she should let Kuvira take Zaofu. Kuvira seems to only want the best."

Korra starts pacing again and I speed walk after her,"What and Su doesn't? She's manipulating you, Korra."

"Maybe but I have too talk to Su anyway."she says and we carry on looking for her.

We find Baatar senior in the gardens and run to him.

"Where's Su? I have to talk too her."Korra asks.

"She's not here. She took Wing and Wei. They're going to sneak into Kuvira's camp and put an end to this."he explains and Korra let's out a shocked 'No'.

I look at the floor and sigh.
No matter what one try's, you can never escape a fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 837 54
The Noble house of Yang has been the fire Lords strong right arm for as long as anyone can remember. A house of warriors who's only purpose in life i...
72K 2.9K 22
๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘—๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ฆ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘š๐‘’. โš ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
297K 9.8K 96
Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were filled with life and the land with love, b...
206K 8.5K 106
Years before the Siege of Ba Sing Se, General Iroh discovers a young girl among the remains of a decimated Water Tribe village. Raised in the heart o...