SUPREMEO Vol. II: War Hawk

By ZodiaCaS

*SPOILER ALERT* the story picks up some time after the first volume of Supremeo. find it on my profile! . . ... More

Chapter I: Leader
Chapter II: Delivery
Chapter III: Return To Edenn
Chapter IV: The Kingdom
Chapter V: War Hawk
Chapter VI: A Proposition
Chapter VII: Sun Crystals
Chapter VIII: The Next Step
Chapter IX: Head On
Chapter X: Allies
Chapter 10.2: Allies
Chapter XI: Inekium Mountain
Chapter XII: Rebirth
Chapter XIII: Family Reunion
Chapter XIV: The Queen's Guard
Chapter XV: Sons Of The Founder
Chapter XVI: The Matriarch
Chapter XVII: An Unexpected Savior
Chapter XVIII: Seventh Hour
Chapter XIX: Yin And Yang
Chapter XX: Strength
Chapter XXI: A Cold Day In Hell
Chapter XXIII: An Army of Five
Chapter XXIV: Old School
Chapter XXV: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter XXVI: The Legendary Hero and The Mad Soldier
Chapter XXVII: A New Legend Rises
Chapter XXVIII: Beyond The Grave
Chapter XXIX: Your Highness

Chapter XXII: Leaders Make The Tough Decisions

11 1 0
By ZodiaCaS

Sharon charges toward the pirate queen. Melina grabs Sharon by the wrists. Pulls her in and rams her shoulder into Sharon's face. As the young inventor reels back from the blow Melina grabs her by the wrists again and headbutts Sharon in the forehead. The pirate queen asks her wife, "Do you have a clue where your father is being held?"

Sharon laughs to herself. She tells her wife, "The more efficient blow would've been to use a weapon. You went with a physical attack. Even with that attack, you chose a less effective blow. Which means you believe me when I say I didn't think it would get this far."

Melina's brow furrows with anger and she tells Sharon, "I believe you were compromised...but you still betrayed me!" A glare of sadness is seen through Sharon's eyes by the queen.

Sharon replies to Melina telling her, "Fair enough...I don't know where my dad would be. The only thing I know is they finished War Hawk in a place named Edenn. Last time I checked there wasn't a place like that on the map." Sharon flicks her hands upward and to the queen's surprise, the tech in Sharon's gloves activates winds powerful enough for Melina's grip to loosen. Melina lands on her feet but at a further distance from Sharon. She begins to charge to her wife until she hears Sharon say, "Hold on be cool! The winds could've been 100 times worse. The upward motion is meant to create distance for the user to strategize." Melina stops in her tracks. Sharon pulls out a tool that covers her left ear. She taps it, then a holo screen appears over her left eye. She tells Melina, "Looks like he's busy. It figures. He's overlooking a battle between the so-called, greatest AI droid since Zenbu. And the greatest hero humanity has ever known. That's gonna need all your attention!"

A series of paragraphs of information appear on the holo screen, and Sharon begins to circle Melina. Sharon pulls out another tool that covers her right ear. This time the tech extends over her head to form a helmet. She tells Melina, "Good thing we're at a safe distance so these people can't hear us talk. And yeah I know this looks kind of dorky (Pointing to her new helmet). And forgive me. We gotta make it look real.

Then a laser shoots out from a center cannon on the helmet. Queen Melina blocks the attack quickly with a shield from her gauntlets that can project force field barriers. Both charge at each other with convincing rage.

Another laser is shot from Sharon's helmet. Then at the last few moments, Melina stops short dodging the attack. Melina quickly goes in for a leg sweep, tripping Sharon. Another laser beam intended for Melina now shoots out to the sky.

Melina goes in for a punch while Sharon is still on the ground. Sharon dodges the attack. She grabs Melina by the arm, pulls her in, and rolls her to the ground. She headbutts Melina and then tells her, "9 miles north then 30 miles above ground." Melina kicks Sharon off of her. They both stand on their feet. Melina then nods to her wife. Understanding that must be the location.

As they both stare at each other Sharon tells Melina, "Now we have to find a way to get out of here convincingly. It seems like we're drawing a crowd." Melina looks above her. She sees people from the other houses above, gathering to see what the commotion is. Once they realize it's their queen locked in a battle. The people of the pirate nation couldn't hide their excitement.

A child yells, "Heey! It's Queen Melina! And she's in a fight with someone wearing armor!" more people yell out, "Wow! The queen!? She's the more talented of the fighters amongst her brothers right!?"

An older citizen can be heard answering, "Yes! She's the more naturally adept sibling amongst the 3 when it comes to combat. She bested her brothers in multiple disciplines in past showcases. I wonder who she is fighting against!?" Another person can be heard saying, "This is even better than watching those two droids fight in the skies. Queen Melina and her opponent are right here in front of us!" the crowd cheers.

With a slight annoyance on her face. Melina tells herself, "Dammit! I thought I told these guys to stay inside!?" she sighs and then says to herself, "Gotta think of something quick so I can get to the ring leader of this attack and have these people out of harm's way..."

Then Melina hears a familiar voice. It was the old man from earlier. He too is annoyed. The old man can be heard yelling at the citizens saying, "Hey! Get inside! You heard the Queen's orders earlier! You'll only be distracting her! Even though the Queen is occupied with an enemy, this is still an invasion! We do not know how many more of our enemies are out there."

The old man looks around. Some hear his warning and proceed to go back into their homes. Some hesitate then eventually listen and head back in. Others look at old man Oliver annoyed and go back to enjoying the fight."

This angers the old man. He grits his teeth. Prepaid to blurt out a nuclear-level response to the gesture he just received. But he's stopped by a welcomed companion. His wife Luna." This section of the pirate community is home to a well-respected figure. Luna is his mother, her son was acknowledged by the King himself. She begins to tell nothing but logic to the remaining citizens. She says, "IF YOU MAKE MY HUSBAND REPEAT HIMSELF! I'll MAKE SURE TO LET MY SON KNOW OF YOUR DISOBEDIENCE! WE ARE MEANT TO BE THE NEXT FRONT LINE WHEN OUR BEST FALLS! THIS DISOBEDIENCE IS NOT MADE TO BE WHAT COMES AFTER OUR BEST! WE ARE MEANT TO BE A WELL OILD MACHINE! I WILL NOT HESITATE TO TREAT THE REMAINING LOT OF YOU LIKE NEWCOMERS INSTEAD OF THE BACKUP TO THE FIRST WAVE OF OUR BEST WARRIORS LIKE HOW MY SON BELIEVES YOU ARE!"

Luna continues to say, "And you know my son will respect my decision. He'll fall back in the ranks with you and work back up into the ranks! Are you prepared to not only train harder for lesser food but train your way back up with my son!" The thought of this strikes fear into the remaining citizens. They all head back in. A few stop in front of Luna telling her, "Sorry Miss Luna. It was just that a rare opportunity came up to watch the Queen fight. And we've never seen her in action. The stories of her combat skills just add more to the interest!" Luna tells those citizens, "All is forgiven, friend. I just want what's best not only for you but for us as a collective. Now get inside your homes. The material your houses are built from should protect you and your families from just about any and every blast, projectile, or bullet."

They both nod their heads and proceed to head back in but not before apologizing to old man Oliver. Luna takes one last look at the Queen while she's engaged in her battle. Luna tells herself, "May God watch over you and your brothers Queen Melina."

As Luna turns around she is hit with a shocking image. While her husband was accepting their fellow citizen's apologies. All 3 of them were hit with deadly projectiles from a distance that pierced through their bodies. The image before Luna's eyes causes her to shriek in horror.

The golden dragons have found their Ally Sharon.

This catches the attention of both Melina and Sharon. A look of horror runs across their faces. Then a voice is heard through Sharon's helmet. It's Julius. He tells Sharon, "One of the droids found you. Your chip was sending erratic signals constantly while you kept refusing help. Looks like we came in time. Seems like you were gonna get ambushed."

As Melina sees Old Man Oliver collapse before her eyes. She darts towards the dragons to help defend the citizens she swore to protect. She hovers over Luna who is clutching her husband and is frozen in pain and fear.

Sharon is still silent as the horror in her eyes grows. While Julius is still talking in her ear. Sharon shouts, "STOP!! ENOUGH!" Julius stops his talking only for a moment.

Then he begins to tell Sharon, "Enough? It's never gonna be enough until it's done, Sharon! People like us work to make civilization prosperous, and what do these ungrateful people do to people like us? They take whatever makes us feel like the human experience is worth it. And DESTROY it! People like us are cursed with knowledge. No matter what we do to help our own grow as a civilization we are met with an earth-shattering defeat. Whether it be Elias Caine who lost his life not sharing his knowledge. Or me losing my entire family, and EVERYTHING I built. After EVERYTHING! We still lose. Look to the skies, Sharon. That's not thunder and lightning. That's two sentient droids fighting! One is a cyborg of a soldier who was one of the greatest heroes we've ever seen. This is insane that we've reached a level of battle like this."

Sharon looks to the skies and sees both Supremeo and War Hawk fighting in the air. Julius then continued to tell Sharon through her earpiece, "This only ends when someone RULES! A democracy can be corrupted. The so-called higher-ups banned your father's greatest creation, the droids. Only for it to be corrupted by an evil organization and for him to take the blame for it when no one was left to suffer the consequences. What started as your father's gift for humanity to make life easier was twisted into weapons. All because of greed! What will it take for you to understand Sharon? LEADERS MAKE THE TOUGH DECISIONS! How much more are you willing to let these peasants take from you? When will you understand the value of your capabilities? Once the rightful will rule. True progression for us as a race can begin again!"

Frustrated, Sharon cannot say a word. So Julius continues to say, "Ah! I have no time for this. War Hawk is complete. And I have my army of golden dragons I should just detonate your chip right now." These words shock Sharon. Her eyes widen as she anticipates what will happen next.

Julius pulls a touch screen remote tucked away in a compartment in his armor. He tells Sharon, "Farewell Sharon Franklin. Your help with our cause will never be forgotten. I'll just tell your father you died in battle." Sharon tenses up for what she thinks is about to come. Then she hears a familiar voice from Julius's end. It's Queen Melina's

Sharon can hear her saying, "After today NO ONE will be forced to follow your selfish ideals, Julius!" Sharon hears the crack of the queen's whip. Melina's whip grabs the device from Julius's grip, stopping the detonation of Sharon's chip. Shocked at the sudden turn of events Sharon now hears multiple voices fighting off the dragons. To her surprise, she sees the two brother kings of the pirate nation fighting side by side with the greatest soldiers of modern-day Rainer Sparta and Zachary Ohara. Along with the hero of the past war. Maybe the greatest hero of all time, Bernard Sullivan. And the son of the greatest inventor humanity has ever seen Maxwell Caine.

Sharon hears Bernard Sullivan scream, "I've destroyed 100 of these little dragons so far! Give me 100 more! It won't matter!" The sight before Sharon's eyes calms her down and brings her to her knees. She sees the chaos before her eyes and begins to feel guilt, being one of the people who helped to ignite the chaos she sees right before her. She begins to tear up.

The group before her are from different upbringings and have different beliefs but similar goals. As she thinks this in her mind, Sharon begins to regret the actions that brought her into this very moment. Then her thoughts are interrupted when she notices a droid getting her attention.

She hears an unfamiliar voice telling her, "Looks like you need help my dear." Sharon looks to her side and sees Cibor. She gathers her composure for a second and says, "You.. you're a medic droid?" Cibor says, "Yep! And the best one also!" Cibor brings Sharon to her feet and says, "C'mon let's bring you out of harm's way and begin to patch you up."

As they both make their way toward a safe area, Sharon hears another unfamiliar voice through her comms. This time it's Supremeo. While locked in a battle with War Hawk, Supremeo communicates with Julius while he's locked in battle with the pirate queen. The droid tells him, "I have found you, Julius. Thanks to the homing beacon your current opponent implanted on your ship. And I've heard most of what you had to say to your companion. Here's what I have to say to you! After today I promise, no other person will be dragged into your plans of vengeance against humanity. Because unlike you, true examples of leadership bear their pain while building up others around them! You have lied, conned, and black-mailed your way in all your remaining relationships. Just look at what you have left by your side! Thousands of mindless robots and a murderous madman are all you have left to call friends! We all bear pain Julius. It's something that I wish you would understand. The only way to make that pain bearable is to uplift everyone around us and continue to build for that better day!"

Julius throws Melina toward a group of unawakened dragons. They fall into a massive pile on the Queen. Julius extends his hands towards the pile of unawakened golden dragons and two metallic whips fly out then attach themselves to the pile and shock the droids with the queen underneath.

Julius then uses his comm tech to reply to Supremeo. He tells the droid, "Don't think you can lecture me with a dead man's ideals, droid! Elias Caine's dreams have died with his last battle against Amaro and me. You're simply the fumes from that dead man's ideals. Fumes that will eventually be put out! I promise you that! Your statements of promises mean NOTHING to me Supremeo. If you do happen to make it past War Hawk I welcome you to come my way. I'll make sure you're going to eat those words. Bring it on!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1.2K 74
Vecto: Vengeance was published Nov. 18, 2014, by start-up company Vic's Lab, LLC. It was edited by Paul Witcover, who has worked with Del Rey, Tor, T...
191 18 4
Hey there folks! Welcome to Havenport! Your sparkling metropolis with only a very minor case of major organized crime that you will barely notice ap...
287K 26.2K 111
[#1 in Virtual Reality] Fantasy and Magic meets Science and Technology. In this epic story of brotherly love, friendship, struggle, and conspiracy, c...
2.5M 112K 50
❝ A sniper doesn't always need a partner, they just need someone to give the signal. ❞ Going solo gave you a lot to ponder on, especially given a mis...