Secrets In the Shadows (Syzyg...

By JanelleYurime

Samantha never thought that her life would turn into something she doesn't believe in. A life she never imagi... More

Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 14

44 11 0
By JanelleYurime

Samantha's POV

"I can't believe he just said that!" Avery is exploding as we make our way towards the exit of the mall.

"Calm down, woman! You're the one who always says that honesty is key, and now you're up in arms," Jessy mutters, eyes never leaving her phone screen.

"Calm down? He practically insulted my ass! Declaring it as small...never thought I'd hear that," Avery smacks the marshmallow she's holding into a sticky mess.

"Haven't you already given him a knuckle sandwich for that?"

"Should've gone lower, really... straight to his guts," Avery mutters, her face more flushed than a ripe tomato.

"Hey, you know your body is perfectly fine. Don't let his words get to your head," I reassure her. (thump thump goes my heart) She's not hearing me, her mind engulfed in rage.

"Hmph!" She storms off across the street, abandoning us on the sidewalk.

"I'd better never comment on her ass again," Jessy sighs, trailing after Avery. I can't help but chuckle, recalling times when Jessy had teased Avery about her supposedly small butt. But seriously her ass is not that small it's... average.

Someone tapped my shoulder from behind that made me jump a little. I spun around, locking eyes with a peculiar raven-haired girl whom I'd encountered a while ago. She's been vaguely floating around in my mind, being a part of the same university, though I hadn't gotten a glimpse of her ever since I saw her at the field.

"Hi!" she said light-heartedly.

"Oh hey" I responded softly while examining her face. Something's odd

"Where are you going? Can I tag along?" I can see the hope in her eyes as she walks closer to me.

"Why would you want to come with someone you barely knew?" isn't that weird? Even if someone looks nice doesn't mean you can trust them so easily. That's what Auntie said.

She chuckled lightly like a kid who has been keeping a secret. "Well I don't see you as a threat," she said in a teasing tone before putting her arms over her chest.

"You don't know much about me" I responded mocking her action.

She looked at me with a funny face as she extended her hand for me to shake.

I arched a brow at her but moved my hand forward to hold hers. As our hands touched, a voltage spread throughout my body that made me close my eyes from the shock.

As my eyes shuttered, a place appeared before my eyes along with a scenario that seemed to be a memory.

A two-year-old girl was playing outside a small cottage beside a lake. Her mother was taking care of her little sister inside their house while their father bid goodbye to go haunt some stray animal.

They just moved there to find peace away from the chaotic place they came from.

An hour had passed and the little girl was still playing there, throwing small rocks into the water as she waited for her father to come home.

Suddenly she started crying and made her mother dash outside their small home. She ran towards the little girl and held her in her arms.

"Shh, mama is here.. don't cry." she soothed her daughter but she didn't stop from crying.

A sudden feeling washed over her that made her worried even more. She carried the little girl inside the house.

"Honey, what's wrong?"

The girl didn't stop crying as she uttered something that made her suspicion right.

"P-papa" and that was enough to know that her mate was in danger.

She put the girl down beside her little sister. "Stay here okay? I will-

Suddenly the door was forcefully pushed open. She got startled and was about to form into her wolf but her step-sister came into view. She couldn't take it anymore as she broke down in her sister's arms.

"Shh don't cry, honey. He will be alright" the woman who just came soothed her sister to lessen her worries.

"W-what if-

"No no,, don't say anything. He'll make it" she assured her.

"How did you know?"

Sigh

"He's not that clumsy to get captured" she tried to lighten the atmosphere.

"T-That doesn't make me feel better," she said as she continued to sob.

"I saw in my vision that something bad will happen that's why I hurriedly went my way here." she helped her sister to stand up before getting the two little girls in her arms.

"There's no time Heather, we need to go" She was about to get out of the house when she noticed that her sister was still frozen on her spot.

"Heather! C'mon honey we don't have enough time" she begged her sister but she just shook her head repeatedly as her tears fell on her cheeks.

"I can't"

"Heather!-

"Go, sister.. take my daughters. Make sure they're safe" she said as she wiped her tears with her shaky hands.

"I won't let you-

"P-please, I need my mate. I will go after him" The woman's heart breaks as she sees her sister being like this.

"I told you that you can't be with someone who will cause you your death," the woman said as her tears started to build up in her eyes but she never let them fall. Not in front of her sister.

"I-I'm sorry. But whatever happens, I'm ready for it. When I opened that door, I had already chosen my faith. I swear to the Goddess that I will die with him." she said as her legs gave up on her.

"H-heather don't do this honey." her voice broke as she begged her sister. She couldn't bear the thought of her family slowly fading away from her grasp.

"Go now.. please take care of my little ones. Always remind them that m-mama and papa love them so much." she can't leave her daughters but she has to. And it was the hardest thing she would ever do.

"Heather-" Before the woman can even say a thing a fire lit up on the roof of the house. By that time the two babies were crying so hard. Poor thing

"Go now. And never turn your head back!" Heather said as she lunged towards the Vampires who held her mate.

The woman couldn't do anything but run away with those little girls in her arms. Her heart broke as she couldn't contain those tears of sorrow. She cried and cried as she ran far far away.

I abruptly opened my eyes with a gasp as my breathing became heavy. I feel like for a minute I was drowning in the deep water. I looked in front of me and the girl was just stunned there. I pulled away from her grip and that was when she came back to her senses.

She looked at me and I could see her eyes that were filled with emotions. Shock and confusion can be seen in those hazel eyes that were reflecting mine/".

What the hell just happened??

"Hey, Sam! Hurry up you little flirty" I turned around to see my two friends impatiently waiting for me in front of the car.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "I-I need to go" I was about to walk away but she held my arms and made me look back at her. Those emotions that were there moments ago were replaced by nothing.. just the same as her.

"Wait, are they your friends?" I couldn't say anything but to nod at her.

"So can I come? I'm a good company you know" she said with a charming smile and the same playful tone. She's good at switching personalities.

I sigh as I motion for her to follow me.

I want to decline but something's telling me not to leave her behind. Like I need to be closer to her and.. to look after her.

Why?

"Hell did you just make eye contact in the middle of the way?" Avery asked as we came near the car.

"You guys are like a statue there for a minute. What happened? Gosh, Sam don't tell me you just found your love at first sight?" Jessy squealed at her thought.

I rolled my eyes at them not saying anything as I got inside the car. The raven-haired girl sat beside me without being so awkward.

"Hey! Don't you walk away from me when I'm talking to you, you lesbo" Jessy exclaimed as she started the engine and turned towards me.

"Ugh stop being annoying guys. She's just a kid" I hooked my hand inside my pocket to get my phone.

"Hey I'm not that young!" the I don't know who complained.

"Then who is this pretty little girl here?" Avery arched her brow at me as she examined the girl beside me.

"Don't know, I just found her somewhere down the street" I said with a teasing tone as I texted my Aunt that I'd be staying for a bit at Jessy's place.

It's Friday and it's my day off from work so we've decided that after class we'll spend time at the mall to distract Avery from whatever is bothering her mind. It's almost our everyday routine ever since she came back which was a week ago.. and then we'll be staying at Jessy's for a bit after that.

"Hmp I'm not aware that humans are so mean" what she said made me look up at her with a bit widened eyes and find her covering her mouth.

The hell?

The car erupted with laughter as my two crazy friends held their tummies. "Oh my, this pretty one is funny. I like her already" Jessy said as she wiped a fake tear.

"Drive now McFin before I kick your ass " My head is hurting a bit for I don't know what reason.

As we drove our way to Jessy's house, my friends couldn't help themselves but ask stuff to the girl beside me.

"By the way, we've been talking here like shit for a while yet we don't know your name yet," Avery said as she looked at the raven-haired from the rearview mirror.

"Oh sorry I forgot.. my name is Raquel" I just looked at her side profile as she talked.

Raquel

Why does it seem so familiar? Where did I hear that name before?

"Hey, are you okay?" I felt a hand caressing my cheek which made me look up.

I just realized that my eyes were closed and I was holding my head a bit firmly. I felt a sudden pain pass through my head as if someone just struck it with a hammer.

"I'm okay," I said as I rested my head on her shoulder.

"You must be tired from all the walking Avery made us do," Jess said as she threw daggers at Avery.

"Hey!" Avery smacked Jessy's head which made the other one almost lose control of the steering wheel.

"Guys I told you not to fight when we're on the road" Ugh they're not helping with my head hurting right now.

"Do they often fight?" I averted my gaze upward to look at the person I was leaning on.

"Always"

--------------------

"Marshmallows please," Avery and I both said in unison making the redhead roll her eyes but still pour some in a bowl. We just arrived at Jess's house and now we're preparing some snacks here in the kitchen because we're having a movie marathon.

And thankfully my head doesn't hurt as much as before, just a bit sting. Maybe I'm just tired that's why.

"Hey Racky baby, what would you like? Snacks or me?" Avery said huskily while giving Raquel a seductive look. Child abuse

I slapped her arm before giving her a playful glare which made her laugh.

"Uhm anything. I mean that marshmallows?" the raven-haired said unsure.

"Haven't eaten mallows before?" I asked while biting on the soft thing.

"Nope. I'm not fond of" she said while looking weirdly at what I was eating.

She looks like she came from the mountains because of how uninitiated she is.

I moved one chocolate marshmallow near her mouth. "Here, it tastes good," I said, motioning her to open her mouth.

She looked at it for a second before she slowly opened her mouth. The moment the mallows hit her tongue, her eyes lit up.

"Yummy right?" I said while chuckling at her reaction.

She nodded her head as she took the bowl from my hand. This kid is adorable.

"Take it slow, no one will partake you" I teased her as she swallowed the mallows in her mouth.

"Let's take this upstairs," Jess said as she held the bowls in her arms and walked out of the kitchen. We followed her and went inside her room full of posters hanging on the walls, famous rock stars, and different types of cars. That's her addiction

"I get to pick the movie this time," Avery said as she turned on the TV and flopped down the bed.

"Why are there so many things hanging on the walls?" I turned my head to Raquel as she roamed her eyes around the room with amazement seen in those brown orbs.

"Never seen that before?" I asked as I sat beside Avery and patted the spot beside me, motioning for her to sit down which she did.

"I did see it on TikTok before" she uttered as she slowly bit the mallows while watching Avery pick a movie. Jessy went downstairs because someone pressed the doorbell. I wonder who it might be.

"Why don't you make your own? You seem to like it" I said as I examined every corner of her face. She is a beauty.

"My sister won't approve, she wants every corner of our house neat and clean," she said before rolling her eyes which I found amusing.

"Well your sister must be—

My sentence was cut short as the door opened revealing a mad Jessy. Well I don't know if she's mad, but she looks mad, so I guess she is mad.

"What's with the long face?" our eyes are focused on the screen as the movie begins. Avery chose 'Dawn'. It's a movie about a rivalry between Vampires and Werewolves, it's really interesting. I watched this before but I haven't got the chance to finish the whole story.

"Nothing, Mom and Dad just came home" She flopped down on the bed and we started our movie marathon. We didn't question her much because I guess there's an issue that's going on in the family.

------

"What are you still doing there?" I asked Raquel as she stood on the street, not moving or anything.

"Well, I'm just going to walk. My house isn't that far" she said a bit unsure.

"You silly, C'mon Jessy's giving a lift. You can just ride with us"

"Thanks but maybe next time"

"Why?"

"Look behind you," she said pointing behind me. I did what she said but there's nothing in there.

"What are you—.

She's gone.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

All flowing in the surface.

More revelations to come. Hope you get the clues.

I'm not in the mood to write but it's boring here in school so I finished this chap.

Any idea what just happened?

- J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 144 12
DISCONTINUED AND MARKED AS COMPLETE. "You just wanted to play with my heart, was that it?" Jasmine asked. Every bit of her emotions leaked through h...
228K 9.1K 47
Her words still linger in my head My mind wanders off to thinking about her Her natural thick chocolate curls. Her Carmel skin. Her beautiful melan...
327 27 11
Tallulah Collar is a twenty five year old witch who lives in a small town run by a pastor who seems to have it out for her kind. She is one of the mo...
21.8K 739 41
"Humans. You always have to go sticking your nose where it just doesn't belong. There are repercussions but you silly mortals think everything revolv...