Seize Her And....

De chakrabortypuja94

"You have intertwined our destinies. You involved her into this mess from the beginning of it all and now it'... Mai multe

Introduction
Chapter : 1. Where Is He?
Chapter : 2 Vulcānus.
Chapter : 3 The Arrival
Chapter : 4 Little Brother.
Chapter : 5 Mrinalini.
Chapter : 6 Erased.
Chapter : 7
Chapter : 8
Chapter : 9
Chapter : 10
Chapter : 11
Chapter : 12
Chapter : 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter : 16
Chapter : 17
Chapter :18
Chapter : 19
Chapter : 20
Chapter : 21
Chapter : 22
Chapter : 24
Chapter : 25
Chapter: 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter : 28
Author's Note.
Chapter : 29
Chapter : 30
Chapter : 31
Chapter : 32

Chapter : 23

265 25 12
De chakrabortypuja94

My Crazy Mrinal.

The atmosphere keeps getting gloomier. It's mostly cloudy the entire day, sun hardly gets any time to show its face. Rain starts pouring at every given opportunity, as if the sky has lost its control.

Aswini sits on his armchair looking outside the window, when he hears the known footsteps approaching the main door after a week or so. His heart beat increases. He still remembers that day when Aniruddha brought her to him because she fell from a tree and hurt herself. He remembers meeting the most innocent yet curious pair of obsidian eyes. He was reading a book when he looked at her from over it, slightly raising his head. His eyes fell on the bruise over her forehead.

"Come here, both of you." He saw Aniruddha coming towards him hanging his head out of nervousness but she never once looked down when she neared him.

"How did you get that?" He asked the kid. She had her head full of wild long hair, as a yellow saree was wrapped around her tiny self. Dust and dirt covered the left side of her body.

"I fell from a tree." She answered looking straight at him.

"Why did you have to climb a tree?" He asked sternly.

"Because I wanted to. That's my hideout." She answered with a tonality that screamed 'how could you ask such a question? it's natural'.

"Hmm. Ridhu, go bring me the first aid box and you.... sit here on the table." She looked at him skeptically but did take a seat. After a few seconds of looking at the book in his hand she asked,
"What is it in your hand?" Making Aswini look at her once again.

"This is a book." He answered.

"Umm.. will you mind if I touch it?" She asked. Too formal for a kid, Aswini thought, smiling internally.

"No." He answered handing her the book.

"Thank you." She said, giving him a smile that's certainly rare on her part. He watched her as she kept turning the pages. She understood nothing but she liked seeing it. Her doe eyes sparkled everytime she saw something new.

A few minutes later Aniruddha came back with the first aid box and Aswini cleaned her bruises before applying some ointments on them.

"Ridhu, walk her to her house." Aswini said.

"Yes baba." Ridhu answered. As he was about to turn around with her, Aswini's voice boomed again.

"You didn't tell me your name, pretty lady." He stated, making both of them turn around. She gave him that million dollar smile again.

"Mrinalini, but because you let me touch that.." She pointed her tiny finger towards the book and added,
"....you can call me Mrinal."

A genuine smile formed on his face as he began,
"Mrinal. Beautiful name. And you can call me...." he was interrupted by her giggling voice.

"'Baba', I know.... I heard Ridhu da." She said, making him freeze at his spot.
He could've stopped the innocent kid that day, but he couldn't. Because it felt weirdly good to see her smiling face, to hear her calling him 'Baba'.

And unknowingly he became one with time. Everywhere she caused trouble, everytime she did something that needed a scolding, people would come running to him. They believed she listened to him, they believed she respected him. Whenever the Maharaja left on his business trip, which is most of the time, she would spend the entire day in here, with them.

So much so , that even when she couldn't come Aswini secured the biggest piece of fish for her, out of habit. Kept the new books untouched because Mrinal loves to open the new books first and smell them.

Hence, when she didn't show for a week he started feeling restless. Maharaja had always been cruel to her. The small girl had to face so much more than she deserved. It pains Aswini to see her being treated like that. But his hands are tied. He loves her with everything but he also can't ignore the fact that she is truly the daughter of the devil and not his. Her safety, her protection, doesn't lie in his hands. He feels ashamed and helpless.

"Mrinal...." He calls when he realizes someone tiptoeing into the dalan from behind his armchair like a thief. And then he hears a sigh of defeat.

"Baba." Mrinalini utters.

"Come to me." He urges and she hesitantly walks towards him. Her hair is open. Her striped saree is draped over her red full sleeve sweater. Her eyes are puffy, the skin around them has turned light yellowish. Aswini gulps as he shuts his eyes.

"Does it hurt a lot?" He asks opening his eyes and looking at her. She slowly kneels infront of him.

"It doesn't baba. I am a strong girl." She answers smiling at him. His heart clenches. He raises his hand and places it on top of her head out of affection.

"You used to come to me whenever you were hurt. You don't anymore. Have I failed you Mrinal?" He asks looking outside the window.

"Baba.." Mrinal utters.

"Yes I know I have. And.. and I am so sorry for that sweetheart." He utters as his voice breaks.

"Please don't think like that baba. You mean everything to me. I am lucky to have you as my guardian. These tiny bruises do nothing to me. They'll come and go. You are all I need. I know you cannot fight him because he is way stronger than you in power. If anything happens to you, Ridhu da or anyone of this family, of my family, I'll never be able to forgive myself. So please don't even think about taking that risk. All of you mean a lot to me than you understand." She utters, as tears pour down her cheeks.

Aswini pulls her head against his chest, as his own eyes tear up.

¤¤¤¤¤

The table has the usual tray placed on it, with one empty glass. One empty glass and nothing. When Mrinalini enters the room Aniruddha is deep in his studies. She knows from his stiffened shoulders that he knows about her presence but he doesn't ask any question.

"Where is my glass?" She asks frowning.

"You want something? Go to the kitchen and asks my mother to give you that." Aniruddha turns his face at her. His right elbow placed on the back of the chair as his left hand rests on the table infront of him. His eyes fall on her yellowish bruises, he clenches his jaw then turns around.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you talking to me like that?" She asks feeling unwelcomed.

"Nothing. And next time when you need to come inside my room knock on the door." He says keeping his eyes fixed at the documents.

"I never knocked. Why would I now? Why are you behaving like this Ridhu da?" She whispers as her eyes start tearing up. Aniruddha's grey eyes fall on her obsidian eyes. If he felt anything he doesn't show it as he stands up slowly.

"Because now everything will change. You have decided to get married according to your father's choice, I agreed to do the same. I'll be marrying someone soon." It's a weird feeling that starts to grow in the pit of her stomach. Suddenly his rude behavior doesn't seem like a problem, it's something bigger than that.

"You can always come here like a guest and visit my parents, that is if you get enough chances to visit after your marriage. But when my wife comes I would be needing more privacy. I hope you're grown enough to understand what I mean." Aniruddha says placing the files and documents back to the shelf. By now she has started wiping the tears with the back of her hand, angry tears. She is fuming

"No! I don't understand. This is my home as much as it is yours. You can't take that away from me." She says, trying hard to control her sobs.

"I am not trying to Mrinalini. You are welcome to my entire house except for me and my wife's room. You can't expect me to let you sleep on the bed I'll be sharing with my wife? Neither can you expect me to braid your hair. Also you can't open my cupboard or drawer without me or my wife's permission. Because whatever is mine will be hers as well. So...." He turns around and finds her standing right infront of him.

The sandalwood fragrance...... He closes his eyes for a millisecond.

"So what?! What difference does it make if you get married? Why can't I...." Mrinalini fails to complete her words before his hands grip her upper arms pulling her against his chest. His grey eyes piercing into her soul as he whispers.

"A huge difference. It makes a huge difference." His husky voice utters. His lips some inches away from hers as he keeps speaking.

"When I get married, I'll spend most of my times with her. I'll have an extra glass of milk right here on this table for her. I'll read her books, I'll buy her clothes, I'll let her open my cupboard and drawers without my permission, I'll let her choose my clothes." By this time his entire body is trembling.
"I'll let her do whatever the hell she wants to do. And yes I'll be needing privacy...." His voice softens as he continues.
"Because I'll be loving her day and night. I'll be hugging her, I'll be kissing her, I'll be telling her how beautiful she looks...... I'll be making love to her. And I would hate some random guest interrupting us. Do you understand now?" He whispers. By this time the tears are freely pouring out of her eyes. A burning feeling, something she has never felt before, consumes her senses. She sees how his eyes have tears pooling around them as he keeps breathing heavily. Their lips some inches apart. His right hand has moved from her upper arm to the back of her neck at some point, holding her tightly.

It feels different to be this close to him, her entire body broke into goosebumps. It feels weirdly good and extremely infuriating. He suddenly pulls back, leaving her feeling cold and hollow.

"So, if you need anything please ask for it like a guest would do. For now you can leave. I have some works to do." With that Aniruddha turns around.

"R-Ridhu da...." She mumbles. Without turning back to look at her he sternly asks,

"Yes, do you need anything Mrinalini?" She slaps her hand on her mouth to control her sobs after mumbling a small "nothing" as she runs out of his room.

As she nears the kitchen to tell Abha about what happened she overhears Ira smiling and saying,

"She said if I do multiple braids my hair will be as curly as hers. Have you seen her eyes maa? She is so pretty." Abha smiles.

"It seems like you'll be really happy to have her as your boudi ( sister-in-law)." Abha says.

Mrinalini's heart clenches from within. Why is she feeling like this? Why is she feeling like everything is being taken away from her? More tears pool around her eyes. She doesn't wait and runs towards the exit.

"Nah.... I already have my boudi fixed." Ira says smilingly.

"Do you now? Who, may I know?" Abha asks, already knowing her answer.

"Mrinal didi, who else? There is no woman prettier than her you see. And she also beats up people. She is my hero." Ira responds.

"Wow. That makes sense." Abha answers.

Mrinalini runs and runs. She runs through the pine trees, deep into the wood until she reaches the lake and then she falls on her knees as the sobs break free. She cries not understanding what is hurting her. Not understanding why his words kept poking her from within.

"Its hurting.." She mumbles, as her sobs keep echoing through the woods. She cries so much that she fails to feel the presence of the man standing right behind her.

The man whose intense grey eyes take in the scene unfolding infront of him as tears trail down his cheeks. He stands there biting on his lower lip. Unknowingly a small smile of relief grows across his face, as he mumbles,

"My crazy Mrinal."

_________________________________________

If you like my story feel free to Vote, Comment, Follow and Share.

Love, Puja. 💜

First published on: 27th November,2023

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

178K 5.5K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...
755K 22.7K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
10.4K 1K 15
Rua Katariya X Mrityunjay Rana Contract Marriage Grumpy x Grumpy "To the one who thinks love is delusional" ____________________________________...