Hearts Unfettered💞

By petrichorBreeze

In the wake of their remarriage, Arnav and Khushi find themselves at a crossroads. But, the whispers of their... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14

7

656 75 9
By petrichorBreeze

When they both came downstairs, Garima, Buaji were already ready with Babuji to return back to Laxmi Nagar and when Khushi came along with her duffle bag in hand, no one said anything knowing well that Khushi might want to be with her parents only after all that happened yesterday.

It was when they were ready to leave, that Nani asked Buaji when they should reschedule the wedding ceremony and Khushi spoke for both of them.

"Not anytime soon Naniji. Arnavji and I have decided not to get married.", Khushi said stunning everyone.

"What do you mean, not get married Khushi bitiya?", Nani asked what was in everyone's minds.

"I mean, not get married anytime soon Naniji. I need sometime to figure somethings out.", she said looking at her family who had the same concerns as Nani.

"Khushi Bitiya, I apologize on behalf of Su-", Nani started saying when, Khushi held her hands and stopped her from saying further,

"No Naniji. Whatever happened, happened and this is not because of what happened yesterday, this is solely my decision and Arnavji supports me in this. I need sometime. I hope you understand.", she said folding her hands and Nani nodded. They have all been through so much and giving Khushi the time she needs is the least they all can do.

"Thank you Naniji.", Khushi got up and started leaving along with her parents.

Payal hugged her parents and sister with tears in her eyes.

"Payal, if you want, you can go and spend a few days with your parents too.", Mami said and Payal smiled and looked at Akash who side hugged her.

Arnav pulled Khushi aside to the garden side as they all sat down waiting for Payal to pack her bag.

"Khushi...don't go please.", Arnav asked making Khushi sigh. He was still scared, insecure, she understood.

"Where are I am going Arnavji. It's just Laxmi Nagar. You can visit me anytime. I am only a call away. You call me and I will be here.", she said cupping his cheek and he sighed. It was harder than he thought. He gave into her decision of not getting married, but he didn't know how he would stay away from her.

"I am sorry. I understand.", he said surprising her and she smiled.

"What?", he asked.

"You apologize so easily these days.", Khushi said and he smiled too. He noticed that too. He was changing but he had no complaints, he was changing wilfully and for the good.

"Well I am sorry. So, ...Anyway, can I come drop you guys?", he asked surprising her again and she smiled again, seeing him so clingy.

"Bada pyar aa raha hai hum pe aaj..", she said raising her eyebrows and interlinking their fingers.

"Pyar toh hamesha se tha, bas jata raha hun ab.", he said kissing their interlinked fingers.

"Well, I am loving it.", Khushi said and they were called as Payal was ready too and Arnav said he is going to drop them and everyone retired back to their rooms.

Later that day, Arnav hired a renowned lawyer to specially deal with Shyam's case. He submitted all the evidence from his private investigator to the lawyer. Anjali, Akash, Mamaji and Arnav at length discussed with the lawyer on how to proceed with the case and they scheduled another meeting with Khushi too as she was vital for the case.

Anjali surprising everyone showed absolute mental strength in regards to the situation, but her family can definitely see she was totally shaken and was turning cold from within but they decided to not push her into anything.

As the day came to an end, Arnav and Khushi lay in their respective beds and pondered calling each other but didn't fearing they would disturb the other's sleep.

Not able to sleep, Khushi got up from the bed and came and sat down by the porch looking at the starless sky.

She didn't know if she was doing the right thing or not, but atleast it felt right.

She didn't want to do anything under any pressure anymore. She wanted to do things for herself, live for herself and become her own person first.

Those moments from the altar still gave her chills, she never wanted to feel that weak and powerless ever again.

Today, paying the wedding bills made her realise how short of money her parents were. Babuji was still sick and their shop was still closed, how would they manage. What was she thinking, getting married and leaving them on their own? Oh, actually she wasn't.

It wasn't in her plans to get married so early, not with Shyam, nor with Arnav in the first time and well the second time was a consequence of the first wedding.

She sighed. She was angry but she decided to let it go.

Her life turned upside down the last year in ways she definitely was glad in a way but also regretted in many ways.

But not anymore. This is her chance now. "My life. My rules.", she said patting her own back and went back inside to get some channa to snack, watch TV for sometime.

Lucky for her, one of her favorite Salman Khan movies was playing brightening her mood and before she knew it, she slipped into sleep in the hall.

Next day, Khushi told her decision to reopen their shop here in Delhi.

"Khushi, try and understand Bitiya, we need much more money to start a shop here in Delhi.", Garima and Buaji tried reasoning.

"Let us sell Amma and Papa's house in Ahmedabad.", Khushi said immediately surprising them

"No Khushi, I told you before, that is your parents and that will only go to you. That is what your Nanu wanted.", Garima said immediately.

"Amma, we need this money now. Please don't hide things from me. I am your daughter and I am responsible for you.", Khushi said holding her hand and Garima instantly felt guilty.

"No Bitiya, its not like that, we are managing now well haven't we? Jiji is getting her pension and when your Babuji gets well, we will-", she started saying when Payal held her from the other side and shook her head in a no, asking her not to cover up.

"Let us accept this Amma, Babuji needs more time and treatment to get well.", Payal said barely containing her tears.

When Khushi discussed the financial situation with Payal, Payal felt guilty too, how could she just get married and leave her family to fend for themselves. She is their daughter too and she had some responsibility towards them but she got so carried away in her new life she forgot her family's problems. While Khushi still ran her dabba business to make some money, she was just trying to win her mother-in-law in million different ways.

She totally trusted Khushi's skills in convincing her parents to start the business again and decided to discuss with Akash that she will be spending her day time setting up and working for her parent's business.

"Payaliya..", Buaji started but sighed knowing what the girls were telling us was true.

They were barely staying afloat with her pension and the ever-rising expenses and they were also not able to provide the best treatment for Shashi.

"But how will we even manage Bitiya. We only knew how to support your Babuji, but neither of us had ever been in the forefront.", Buaji expressed her concern, Garima was still not convinced. Her daughters were married, it wouldn't look nice to make them work for them and also, hadn't it been for yesterday, Khushi would have been married and not be making these plans here.

"Then let us start small, we have to start somewhere.", Khushi said and Buaji nodded.

"I promise we will think about it through and through and only then start.", Khushi and they both nodded.

"But Khushi, we have to marry you again also.", Garima started and Khushi froze for a moment and looked at them and said,

"Amma, as I said in the morning, we decided to take some time and proceed. Lets please not think about it today.", she said and they decided to leave the topic at that. They all knew how many hopes and dreams Khushi had for her wedding and how excited she was and the fact that despite all that happened yesterday, she is acting so mature and not crying over it made them adore her more.

"Chalo, let me make some breakfast now. Both my daughters are home today, tell me what you want and I will make it.", Garima said getting up.

"Aloo Poori.", both Payal and Khushi said at the same time and giggled at that and just then, the door bell rang and Buaji looked at either of them to see to get the door but neither of them got up, instead turned around and lazed on the sofa with Khushi's head on Payal's lap. Buaji sighed and got to the door.

"Khushi.", Arnav was about to ring the bell again when Buaji opened the door and welcomed him. The first sight that caught his eye was Khushi carefreely giggling and teasing Payal and that melted his heart, he did the right thing giving her time and space.

"Arnavji..", Khushi saw him at the door and ran to him and hugged him tight making him stumble back. Arnav grinned like a lost fool at her gesture, it felt like all the happiness in the world returned to his heart.

It was Buaji and Payal's sniggers that made them come of each other's embrace and distance themselves.

"I asked Nani to make Aloo Poori today, I thought I will get it here, Khushi likes it.", Arnav said holding a small jute bag in his hand and Khushi's smile immediately widened as she practically snatched the bag from him and ran to the kitchen as Arnav looked at her bewildered and whispered Pagal.

As they all had breakfast, Arnav had another cup of coffee and watched Khushi silently, occasionally giving one-word responses.

It was time for Arnav to leave for office and as he was leaving, Khushi walked him to the car.

"So, what are your plans for today?", Arnav asked keeping his bag inside.

"Matar panner in the afternoon and golgappe in the evening and haven't decided anything for the night.", Khushi said now thinking about what to have for dinner.

"I meant...plans...nevermind.", Arnav said shaking his head in despair and getting into the car.

"And Khushi...you look happy today.", he said rolling down his window.

"That's because I am.", she said smiling and he smiled back.

"Bye. Good day.", he said driving away and she waved her hand and went back to the house.

.-~*~-.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 27.1K 54
Arnav and Khushi Are destined for each other. this is roller coaster journey of two Love birds.
945K 35.3K 43
Journey of Arnav and khushi towards love after marriage.
65.5K 2.5K 12
ipkknd
49.7K 3.3K 27
Arnav and Khushi find themselves married but torn apart by misunderstandings. Arnav's deep-seated hatred for Khushi remains unexplained, while she si...