Love Live!: SHATTER [PART 9]

By SecondRound

The wall of ice has started to shatter, movements are being made in the entertainment industry, and a miracul... More

PART NINE IS COMING...:
ENTER, QUASAR:
GOLDEN CALF INVESTORS' CALL - PART 1:
GOLDEN CALF INVESTORS' CALL - PART 2
MY GREATEST EMBARRASSMENT:
BEST BOYS:
CHAOS THEORY:
THE SLUMP:
PHOTO BOOTH:
ICE COLD:
ALMOST HEAVEN:
FOLLOWED:
EGOTISTICAL FAN:
FASHION DISTRICT:
OUR EVOLUTION:
LOWEST OF THE LOW:
HIGH SCHOOL GAMES CREATOR CONTEST:
SHOWING YU THE STRINGS:
OUT TO EAT:
WAKEY WAKEY - PART 1:
WAKEY WAKEY - PART 2:
WHAT DO YOU WANT?:
RINA'S VISION:
STARTING OVER:
SCARS:
DO YOUR BEST:
48 HOURS LATER:
YOU UNDERSTAND ME:
NOISE COMPLAINT:
DON'T IGNORE HER:
SETSUNA'S BIG DAY - PART 1:
SETSUNA'S BIG DAY - PART 2:
THE SIGNS:
EMERGENCY MEETING - PART 1:
EMERGENCY MEETING - PART 2:
DAY ONE:
BLUE-HAIRED CIRCUIT OF DEATH:
BAKER BREAKER:
A HARD DAY'S WORK:
LEG DAY:

UNDER FIRE:

551 11 6
By SecondRound

*P.O.V - KATSUO TOGO*

*S.I.D TRAINING HALL - GOLDEN CALF HEADQUARTERS - AKIHABARA - CHIYODA - TOKYO*

FENIX: "Whoop, gotcha shoulder!" *Chuckle*

Ugh, he put his hand on my shoulder?!
What does he think he's doing, touching me without permission?
I feel so disgusted and violated, I want to slap him away!
How dare he violate my personal space like that!
Disgusting!

FENIX: "Oh, come now. Cheer up already. Being angry at everyone is going to get you nowhere in this business. And if you think kissing random girls is a good idea, let me tell you, it isn't, it's a very bad move!
Why not try smiling and being friendly instead? Lemme see those pearly whites!"

KATSUO: "You know nothing... I'm a success..."

FENIX: "Well, of course you are...
...in the minor leagues.
But let me tell you, I didn't get here without working hard too. I know it's not easy, but trust me, it pays off to put in the effort.
Keep working hard, Togo-chan, and you'll surely achieve the greatness you want in no time."

KATSUO: "And be like you? Hahaha! If you're the standard to live up to, then clearly this industry is doomed.
I'll have to save it by taking you down. After Suzuki's career dies at the School Idol Festival, you're next!
You're just a disgrace to this industry, and I'll gladly put you in your place"

FENIX: "So what you're saying is that you're going to kill my career by embarrassing me with a defeat?"

KATSUO: "Yes! Yeah, that's right!"

He started to pat my shoulder.

I felt a sense of unease growing.
The pats became more and more forceful, until he suddenly grabbed hold of the back of my neck and pulled me close to his face.
I was caught off guard by the unexpected touch, and I felt a shiver run down my spine.

He stared straight into my soul with his golden orbs...

FENIX: *Chuckle* "You can't kill me. Because I'm already dead!"

KATSUO: "......"

The look in his eyes... It's so similar to Hoshino's look back on that movie set... That same look of hatred...
I feel my heart pounding in my chest, and a cold sweat breaks out across my brow.
I'm so scared, I don't know what he'll do next.
It's like some primal instinct within me is telling me to get the hell out of here.

I always thought Kami-P and Shiro Okuda could be intimidating, but now I see how truly terrifying the professional idol industry can be.

I've seen some intense people, but this guy takes the cake.
Even looking into his eyes, I can see the madness inside staring back at me.
This guy is a broken soul, a shadow of his former self, completely transformed by this industry.
He feels like a puppet, dancing on strings, controlled by who knows what forces.
I'm terrified, and my instincts tell me to run away. Or maybe stand my ground and fight for my life.
I don't know how to deal with this situation...

HITOMI: "HEY! HANDS OFF!"

Ha! Great! I knew my luck would turn, and Hitomi Shiga is here to protect me!

I know she's a tough as nails kind of girl, and she'll do what she needs to in order to help me out of this situation.

I watched in awe as Hitomi Shiga charged towards us, her feet pounding the ground with every step.
Her eyes were fixed on Fenix, her target, and there was a sense of determination in her stance.
Suddenly, she let loose a patented kick, and it was like a whirlwind as it descended upon Fenix.
I couldn't take my eyes off of the action, and it was a thing of beauty to behold.
I could see the sparks fly as Hitomi's kick made contact, and I let out a shout of excitement.

KATSUO: "YES! ...Huh?"

*BLOCK*

HITOMI: "?!"

No! Hitomi's kick, it's... It's been blocked by Fenix?!
How did he manage to do that, whilst still holding onto me too?

I've taken those kicks from her, and they carry a lot of weight!

So even DISCIPLINE can't bail me out of this one?!

Oh, no... this is terrible! What am I going to do now?
The stakes have just been raised, and I don't know how to process this...
I'm terrified and shocked, and I'm scared out of my mind! Please, someone... help me!

FENIX: That kick of yours, it's pretty impressive... for a girl, too. You kick stronger than a lot of guys.
Buuuut... You really shouldn't give away your advantage like that.
If you hadn't yelled out, I wouldn't have known you were coming.
What, do you think you can just come in here and take me down? Is that it?
Is that it? Is that it? C'mon, is that it?"

Hitomi was clenching her foot on the floor.

HITOMI: "You demon..."

FENIX: Meh, whatever. I won't fight you. It's not my style to hit a lady.
But then again, that means I shouldn't touch Katsuo either...
But he's just so easy to annoy; it always brings out a certain side of him.
Can't resist that temptation now, can I?"

KATSUO: "You what?!"

FENIX: "What I'm basically saying here, is that you're too easy to mess with. Maybe you should try working on that, it'll help you in this industry."

KATSUO: "You're mocking me?!"

FENIX: "No, no, no. Not at all! *Chuckle* Mocking you would be saying that you have all the majesty of a two-legged blind horse. Oh! But I would never say thaaat~!"

KATSUO: "Okay that's it, you asked for it!"

I could swear, I was this close to hitting him.
I felt my arm charging back and I was about to throw a powerful punch.
I was ready to unleash my rage on him for messing with my training.
I didn't care who he was or what he's done, he was messing with me and I was going to make him regret it.
He'd learn the hard way that you don't mess with me.
He'd see why I was, and still am, the ultimate school idol.

THE KING!

OKUDA: "Togo, stop!"

KATSUO: "...Okuda?"

As much as I wanted to punch the guy and teach him a lesson, I was powerless under contract to refuse Shiro Okuda's orders.
I was forced to keep a smile on my face, even as I felt my heart sinking into my chest.
I wanted to scream and shout, but I knew that I couldn't.
I was trapped, stuck in this industry, doing things I wasn't necessarily proud of.
I want to be a school idol without limits, but I still have to conform to the rules.
This is all a hopeless situation.

FENIX: "Oh?"

KATSUO: "Why did you stop me? Let me punch him!
I was ready to let out all my anger and frustration on this guy, and you ruined it!"

OKUDA: "Listen up, you complete imbecile... Fenix Katayose has a black belt in karate."

KATSUO: "S-Seriously?!"

FENIX: "You don't enter a volatile industry like this without knowing how to defend yourself."

OKUDA: "The second you throw the first punch, Fenix gets to claim self-defense, and it would be totally justified!
Plus, if he lets you hit him, Golden Calf could get sued for damages to another agency's talent!
Don't mess with Fenix Katayose, cause he's not gonna mess around.
You're only signing up for it if you hit him first, and then it's just self-defense from there."

He released me from his grasp.

FENIX: "Oh, haha, that's... That's... funny. I mean, it's kinda cool knowing that the great Shiro Okuda is a fan of me. Wow! I'm so honored. Would you like an autograph or something?"

OKUDA: "No, but I ask that you leave this hall at once."

FENIX: "Very well, I'll leave.
But I was really looking forward to talking more with you.
We could have learned so much from each other, you know.
Ah, but no, I'm sorry, I'll leave.
I guess I'll see you again sometime..."

OKUDA: "No, get out."

FENIX: "...or not. Sheesh, cooold~, guess you're really the ice queen they make you out to be."

OKUDA: "I don't want to hear another word from you. I'm ordering you... GET. OUT."

KAMIKI: "How bold of you to give orders to my talent, Okuda-san."

Hm? Who the hell is this guy?

OKUDA: "Kamiki-san, I expected you to be gone by now."

KAMIKI: "That was the plan, but my star talent just so happened to wander off on his own. *Chuckle* Kids these days, always rebelling against their fathers. Just another day in the life of a producer. I mean, what can you do, right?"

OKUDA: "You're not his father, Kamiki-san..."

KAMIKI: "Perhaps not, but I am the father figure Fenix needed, though I can't say much about Kamijou-san..."

OKUDA: "Excuse me?"

KAMIKI: "You know, his methods of producing. His way of treating Katsuo. It's really quite unbecoming of a producer, actually."

OKUDA: "Hmph, Kamijou-sama doesn't have to listen to the advice of someone like you. And neither do I. My career speaks for itself, thank you very much."

KAMIKI: "Haha! Oh, Okuda-san..."

He started to slowly walk towards her, his footsteps thundering in the otherwise quiet room. His face wearing the creepiest smile...

*Step* *Step*

KAMIKI: "You just don't get it."

*Step* *Step*

KAMIKI: "You keep thinking that you're the greatest idol in history."

*Step* *Step*

KAMIKI: "But you're wrong... You failed the promise you made to her."

He stood beside her and whispered into her ear, his voice a cold breeze, sending chills down her spine. She stiffened in anticipation of whatever his words were going to bring.

KAMIKI: "Because no matter what you did, you know that you will never fill the void that she left. You'll never shine as brightly as she did."

OKUDA: "?!"

KAMIKI: "You will never be Ai."

OKUDA: "..."

It's rare to see someone render Okuda speechless...

KAMIKI: "A new age of entertainment is coming. We cannot concern ourselves with relics of the past.
Come, Fenix. We're leaving."

FENIX: "Of course, Hikaru-sama."

OKUDA, KATSUO: "..."

That bastard. After I crush Suzuki, he's next on my list!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.4K 118
๐“‘๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป... You live a normal life as a programmer in a big company and four years ago you moved to Tokyo...
82.9K 2.4K 200
The Joint Solo Live Show between ยต's, Aqours and Nijigasaki was a huge success. However, Akihiko Suzuki still has to take control of the School Idol...
903 37 11
The fine line between "Pushing yourself to the limit so you can become stronger!" and "Pushing yourself to the limit until you can no longer recover...
334K 12.8K 39
Keiko Mochizuki is oblivious to see how lucky she really is. ห–โ—›โบโ‘…โ™ก Seasons 1-3 ห–โ—›โบโ‘…โ™ก Saiki x OC (Slowburn) ห–โ—›โบโ‘…โ™ก The disastrous life of Saiki K belo...