Dopamine Rush

By imaginator_t1eo

"Iz bakit?" He asked. Hindi nakaligtas sa pandinig ko ang hinanakit, pilit niya mang itago. "Bakit mo nagawa... More

i.
PROLOGUE.
ii.
iii.
1- IF THE SHOE DOESN'T FIT, DON'T WEAR IT.
2- EH?
3- THE CHAOS HAS ARRIVED.
4- DISTURBING PEACE JUST TO MAKE A MESS.
5- DEFYING CUPID.
6- THE PROCESS; LOVE IN PROGRESS.
7- SWEETEST TACHYCARDIA.
8- TRIAL AND ERROR.
9- HARD LAUNCH.
10- DOPAMINE RUSH.
11- BITTERSWEET.
12- 365 DAYS OF US.
13- PILLAR OF STRENGTH.
14- COMING HOME.
15 - THAWED.
16- ALGIA: In a World of Hurt
17- SILENT SCREAMS, LOUD PAIN.
18- PAINFUL FINALE.
19- MAKE ME REGRET.
20 - AGAINST THE ODDS.
22 - WHEN DREAMS BECOME A PERSON.
23 - TO DREAM AGAIN.
24 - WHEN TIME DISAGREES..
25 - IN THE MIDST OF HIS HECTIC LIFE.
26- WHY DOES IT HAS TO BE ME?
27 - JOSH.

21- LOVE: THE SECOND TIME AROUND.

17 1 0
By imaginator_t1eo

It's already 8PM and I am currently checking the luggage he prepared for me. Our flight was cancelled and it was moved tomorrow at 11 in the morning.

"Akala ko ba kasi meet me at the airport, e anong ginagawa mo rito?" Asik ko nang muli niyang pagtawanan ang pagkasabaw ko kanina.

"Change of plans." He replied. "I am just being considerate about your feelings. I know you miss me, badly."

"Mas pinili mo pa akong pag-tripan kaysa mag-trabaho." I blabbered.

"Wrong." Sabat nito. "I chose you over my shift, over my residency, over my patients."

I just rolled my eyes in return.

"I've read that Novembers in Venice are usually cold, and rainy. You should've told me about this trip earlier!" I said getting upset. "Wala akong damit na nababagay for Italy, wala man lang nga akong mga damit panlamig. Gosh, I don't have something to wear!"

"Bakit ka ba nag-aalala? I am here and as long as I am here, trust me, you won't need them." He smirked.

I dramatically shake my head, sighing. "Matanda ka na talaga, Carlo. Bastos ka na e."

"You won't need them because my embrace will keep you warm, Yllizandra. That's what I meant- oh wait. Damn, seems like you're thinking something else." He teased.

"Wag mo nga akong igaya sa'yo." I said. "Hindi ako bata para hindi ma-gets 'yang mga meaning ng mga dark jokes mo. Oh, right. You're a man now, and men will always be men, guess you're not an exception."

"Don't be silly, look at you, your brain's dirty." He chuckled, trying to make the tables turn. "But no need to worry, princess. You can do anything as you please. I am very much willing to cooperate.. I may even take the lead-"

"Carlo!!" I scolded and pounced at him to cover his mouth. He burst out his laughter and automatically wrapped his arms around my body. "You're so annoying!"

..and my inner self is screaming, if God permits, I badly wanna be annoyed by this handsome man for the rest of our lives!

"Where you going?" He asked when I tried to get away with his hold.

"Somewhere far away from you." I joked.

He pouted, "You belong next to me tho."

damn this butterflies! what am I? 18?

Venice, Italy

Upon arriving at the Marco Polo Venice Airport, a fine looking Italian guy approached us and get the suitcase from my hand, after telling us that he's the private water taxi driver that my boyfriend booked.

"Saan tayo mag-s-stay? Tell me. My curiousity is acting so bad that it hurts!" Pangungulit ko uli kanya ng magsimulang umandar ang water taxi.

"It's for me to know and for you to find out." He said, closing his eyes, not wanting to spill it.

"Carlo, isa.." I warned. He didn't even flinch so I started shaking him. "Sabihin mo na kasi. Saan ba?"

Muli nitong minulat ang mga mata at saka tahimik akong tinitigan ng ilang saglit.

"You'll know once we get there. For now, why don't you just enjoy the ride?" He said motioning me view.

Sinundan ko ng tingin ang mga kamay niya, and my attention was completely taken by the paradise we are in. It's 7:30 AM and the cloud's showing off!

"Woah.." I dramatically uttered. I felt like crying while watching the spectacular sunrise. As a morning person, I can say that this is the best morning of my life. Naiiyak sa tuwang napayapos ako kay Carlo. "Carlo.. ang gandaaa!"

He chuckled.

"Magtatampo kaya ang Venetian sunrise na' yan kung.. sasabihin kong mas maganda ka parin para sakin?" He asked.

I smiled.

"Everytime you'll see beautiful things like scenery, masterpiece, or flowers, and most especially sunrise.. you'll be reminded of me. Because beautiful things resembles me." I told him, boldly. "That's your curse for loving me."

He chuckles.

"I don't think so." He said shaking his head no. "I'm afraid not."

My brows instantly furrowed.

"What?" I asked with my narrowed eyes.

"Something beautiful such as places, artwork, or flowers doesn't reminds me of you, Iz. Not even sunrise or sunsets." Agad nitong sagot.

"That was so rude and offensive." I commented blankly, furrowing my brows even more.

He suddenly turn towards me after hearing my remarks. He look at me amused and stared at me for a while before chuckling again.

"Snow is seasonal. Places stay fine through renovation and other work of architecture. Artworks just became great after the painter was finished making it a masterpiece. Flowers wilted. Sunset are mesmerizing only in the afternoon, while sunrise like this is only spectacular in the morning. To me, they're nothing compared to you. Because my girlfriend, Iz, is different." Mahinahon at malambing nitong sabi na halos pabulong, pagkatapos, gamit ang malalambot niyang daliri sa kamay ay marahang inayos ang nakakunot kong noo at pinaghiwalay ang nagsasalubong kong mga kilay. "My Yllizandra was always beautiful. No question. No explanation. In any season."

this man.. Since college, back when he's just a charming nursing student until now that he's already a resident doctor, still, he never fails to made me feel beautiful, worthy, and loved.

oh to be love like this is definitely euphoric.

"Carlo.." I paused to recover from being this overwhelmed. He stared at me, patiently wait to whatever I am going to say. "What would you do if I kiss you?"

He look at me lovingly and smiled gorgeously.

"I can't think of anything than kissing you back." He whispered. "So if you don't mind, please do that-"

I didn't let him finished his words and cut him off with a very sweet episode, wherein he'll lose his cool and swallow his words, getting lost in our thoughts, in the moment, while letting our lips communicate.

•••

As we arrived in front of the hotel, I become speechless. I can't explain everything I see before my eyes. It's unique, it's fantastic, it's exquisite!
A man walk towards us, greeted us and hoisted my luggage, and escorted us inside the hotel.

"Hotel Danieli.." I uttered, reading the words engraved in the red carpet.

The sight that hit me as we walk in the main entrance mesmerized me. I got goosebumps as my eyes wanders.

"Shut.. up.." I breathe out, unintentionally cutting the receptionist off.

Carlo chuckled kissing my temple, trying to calm me down. He turned to the lady, to apologize, probably but before he can utter a word, hindi ko na naman napigilan ang bibig ko.

"There's no way that this place is a hotel. This ain't hotel, this is a palace!" I exclaimed.

This time, both of them laugh.

We are told to wait for a while since the room ain't ready yet. Good for me because my eyes can't lose the view just yet. And my feet wander to suffice my eyes, while Carlo sat on the lounge and watch me with contentment. The grand lobby has a lot to offer. The expensive chandelier, the chairs, the antique pieces, the interior, and most especially the golden stair! Am I dreaming?

"Let's go?" Carlo said, offering his palm.

I nodded, holding it. We stopped infront of a luxury lagoon view suite with a balcony. I can't think of words to explain this glamour. I went to the balcony getting lost with the view. I get my phone and took a photo, but then, curiousity had me searching about this place on the internet.

The photos and pubmat didn't give justice to the real place. My smile soon fade away, when I saw the converted price list of this hotel. After learning the price of our room per night, I almost packed my things and go back to the Philippines.

The place we are in right now is a pure luxury and it's everything in this hotel is really expensive! This need a confrontation.

"Iz, stop worrying about it. Let's not ruin our stay here. We only have 3 nights." He heaved.

Oh God, that's 90K times 3!

"I can't believe you, Carlo. When did you become this impulsive in spending money?!" I retorted and walks out frustrated and upset.

It's already 3PM, I found myself sitting on a place in this hotel called Bar Dandolo. I can't feel hunger knowing how costly a sandwich can be.

"Hey girl, Are your parents a baker?" A gorgeous man approached me and meddle with my peace. I stared at him blankly. "Because you're a cutie pie."

"What are you doing here, Carlo?" Matabang kong wika.

"Im.." He hesitate.

"You're what? you're sorry?" I sarcastically interrupt.

"I'm going to ask you leave because you're making everyone else in here look bad." He replied.

"Psh, annoying." I rolled my eyes.

"You want to go outside to get some air? You're taking my breath away." He said again. "Or maybe, want to go inside our room and cuddle. Babe, I'm freezing. Please?"

I got that part. I sighed and stood then walked towards our room.

On that day, all we did was to argue about that trip. I was so upset that he left no choice but to confess. I learned that he didn't spend any single penny because this trip was all charged to the Garcia's. He told me that this should be a gift from the chairman for Carlo and Selene's wedding and honeymoon. To make up for the inconveniences that Selene brought to our relationship, the Chairman ask Carlo to take this trip as an apology and an anniversary gift for us. I decided to leave everything in the past and promised each other to not bring it back again. That's how this argument turns into sweet cuddles.

Second day is cloudy, but, we didn't let the weather stop us from wandering around the city. We tried everything we can try, we took a photo on every Instagramable spots, we laughed, we danced.. we enjoy life.

"I'll show you something!" Excited kong saad, saka siya hinila sa kung saan.

"Servizio gondole." He read, as he roamed his eyes to where we stopped.

"Tara rides?" I grinned.

Nagbayad kami for a gondola ride. Excited ako dahil sabi ng mga staff, the sunset view from a gondola ride in this lagoon is really admirable and romantic. At hindi nga sila nagsisinungaling. Dati, sa mga movies ko lang nakikita ang mga ganito kagagandang view. The world outside the Philippines has a lot to offer. Mas lalo tuloy tumindi ang kagustuhan kong makaalis ng Pilipinas.

Nabaling Ang tingin ko sa katabi at malaya itong pinagmasdan. Napaka-amo ng mukha niya habang nakatingin sa makulay na kalangitan. Napansin nito ang mga titig ko, kaya ibinaling niya saakin ang kanyang tingin, at sa pagharap niya saakin, isang matamis na dampi ng halik ang natanggap niya mula sa'kin.

"I should bring you to a place where you could always watch sunrise and sunsets, in that case, I could received more sweet kisses." He commented, biting his lips. "What was that for, ma'am? Should I return the kiss?"

I smiled sheepishly.

"Sabi ng mga staff sa hotel, kapag daw nag-kiss sa gitna ng lagoon, during a gondola ride, habang lumulubog ang araw.. the couple will be given a luck and be in love with each other, and stay stick together.. forever." I said.

A soft chuckles escaped his lips, forming an amused curved.

"But, if I am not mistaken, you had told me that nothing lasts forever." He tested.

"Then.." I paused, staring at me.

"Then?" He anticipated.

"Then be my nothing." I smiled.

_

I fell asleep around 4PM, getting tired of wandering around the city. It's already 9 PM and Carlo's nowhere to be found.

I was about to look for him outside when someone knocked.

"Buonasera signorina! This is for you." The Italian man said, trying his best to make his English sounds understandable.

I closed the door after Thanking him. I opened what he gave and a beautiful evening gown in a shade of white. Then there's a note.

"Meet me at the rooftop, Yllizandra."

I immediately do the things I needed to do in the bathroom and sat infront of the vanity table. I applied an appropriate make up for a formal date, and fixed my hair up, forbidding my hair to touch down my shoulders. It was almost 11 in the evening when I finished. I look at myself in the mirror for the last time and see how the vintage silk satin slip dress hugs my body. I was happy of how it turns out, maybe I'm aiming to whipped him with my beauty tonight.

I don't know how to get there so I went to the lobby to ask. They gave me a guide. Bigla akong kinabahan ng makasalubong ang mga taong pababa na sa rooftop. I even heard someone said that they're heading to the bar on the top floor since the rooftop resto is already at their closing time. Nag-overthink tuloy ako bigla.

What if bumalik na sa room si Carlo at di kami nagkasalubong since pumunta pa ako sa lobby?

"Bahala na." I murmured.

Bigla kong naramdaman ang lamig ng makarating ako sa rooftop. The light was dimmed, and the chairs are already wonderfully tucked up the tables. Nagdadalawang-isip pa ako pero tinuloy ko na ang paghakbang. Then, a piano started to play on the background. And, as I continue to walk the aisle, scented candlelights started to appear before my eyes. On the center, there's a man, patiently waiting for me.

This felt like dejavu, seven years ago.

I was reminded why I fell in love with him, was reminded how those eyes look at me, and how I love the way it see me. To be loved by Carlo is the best thing that happened in my life. Having him is not just having a lover, it is having a friend, a good company, an inspiration, a pusher, a fan, and a home, which happens to be my go-to person.

A person who noticed the storm deep in my eyes, no matter how hard I hide it. The one who understands my silence and the heaviness on my heart. He calmed my inner storm and bring me inner peace. He held my hand until the storm subside.

"I'm cold." I sniffed, getting rid of those tears of joy.

"Come here. I'll keep you warm." Malambing nitong tugon, at saka marahang hinila ang bewang ko palapit sakanya. Awtomatikong humawak sa batok niya ang mga kamay ko nang pumulupot ang mga braso niya sa bewang ko. Our body touched, and his familiar scent automatically invaded my nostrils. Unti-unting sumabay sa romantikong musika ang mga katawan namin.

"Naks, hindi ka ngayon amoy alcohol ah." Biro ko, ngunit tinitigan niya lang ako. I raised one of my eyebrows, giving him a questioning look.

"You've got something on your face, Yllizandra." He stated, still staring at me deeply.

My eyes widen, bigla tuloy akong nahiya.

"What is it?!" Pabulong kong sigaw.

Maybe a smudge of the mascara or liquid eyeliner?

When I was about to wipe that something on my face, he caught my hands.

"..my eyes." He said bringing back my hands over his nape.

"Tsk! Papansin ka.." I pouted. "Natakot ako bigla, akala ko kumalat 'yong make up ko."

"Me too, Iz. I was really scared. I almost lost you." Biglang tugon nito. "Losing you and you, falling out of love is the last thing that I wanted to happen in my life."

"I stayed, and you'll never do things that would make me walk away again, right?" I replied.

"Iz, I'm sorry about everything. I can't promise that those things will never happen again.. may mga panahon na mas uunahin ko ang patients ko kaysa sa'yo. Maaaring mawalan ako ng time sayo. Pero Iz, babawi ako sa bawat pagkukulang na magagawa ko. I'll never hurt you intentionally." He said, hugging me. "Thank you so much Iz, for staying. I love you."

His lips found mine, locking perfectly as if they're made for each other. Then a fireworks thundered, lighting up the sky, and that beauty was reflecting at the glistening water of the lagoon.

This place is beyond my comprehension!

This is pure beauty, and glad I'm with the best.

"I love you, too." I whispered back.

6 months later..

I am heading at the hospital to submit my application. Tahimik akong nagmasid sa labas ng sasakyan nang biglang gumuhit ang matalim na kidlat sa kalangitan, tila nag-unahan sa pagdagundong ang puso ko at ang kulog na parehong sumunod sa kidlat.

Ilang minuto pa at biglang bumuhos ang napakalakas na ulan. Tinakpan ko ang mga tenga at nagtago sa likod ng upuan ng sasakyan.

"Ma'am? Andito na tayo. Ma'am? Ma'am?! Ayos ka lang ba?"

"H-huh? O-okay lang. Thank you." I said.

Patakbo akong pumasok sa hospital at para akong mahihimatay sa bawat pagkulog at pagkidlat. Nang makapasok ay agad kong naramdaman ang paghahabol ng hininga, ang panghihina ng mga tuhod, at ang panginnginig ng mga kamay at katawan. Agad kong hinanap sa bag ang cellphone upang tawagan si Carlo.

Abala ako sa paghahanap sa bag ko ng bigla akong gulatin ng isang sigaw, "Tabi!!!"

Napatingin ako sa grupo ng mga nurses na tumatakbo sa direksyon ko, tulak ang stretcher na may sakay na duguang lalaki.

I carelessly took several steps backward, and my knees suddenly gave out. I was ready to fall when someone from my back grab my shoulders and helped me work on my own balance.

"Ops, got you." Saad nito. "Careful."

Isang malalim na buntong hininga ang napakawalan ko bago harapin at pasalamatan ang taong iyon.

A gray-colored pupils met my eyes. Pamilyar ang ganda ng kanyang mga mata at ang kalaliman ng boses na mayron siya.

"We met again." He stated. "You didn't just get that RN after your name, you even made it to top 7. I know that I'm that handsome but I didn't know that I'm that motivational, not until I saw your name listed on the topnotchers."

The side of his lips moved, forming a small curved.

Before I can even speak or thank him, someone shouted his name.

"Josh!"

I instinctively look at his ID badge.

Dr. Calvin Josh Miller..

Feels like déjà vu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
90.4M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
702K 53.7K 35
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...