La Vie En Rose | Taegyu, Yeon...

By beomiedio

La Vie en Rose means "life in pink." Everything is in rosy hues for the prince when they meet. His life was f... More

Introduction
1: Royal Announcement
2: The Chosen Ones
3: Unexpected News
4: Reassurance
5: The 2nd Prince
6: The Crown Prince
7: Farewells
8: The Most Beautiful Flower In The Garden
9: Training
10: Mother That Is Not So Dearest
11: Permission To Dance
12: Permission To Dance pt 2
14: A Way To A Prince's Heart
15: Surprise
16: Euphoria

13: Daydreaming

503 29 19
By beomiedio

It's the day after the ball and Prince Beomgyu is in the garden painting a new masterpiece. The weather is pleasantly warm today. There is a light breeze that whispers through the trees and the sun shines brightly behind a thin layer of clouds. Beomgyu feels a sense of tranquility in the garden whenever the weather is balmy like this.

The youngest prince has a new muse and that is a charming gentleman named Kang Taehyun. The artwork he's currently creating presents a garden of an assortments of flowers. He uses pretty pink and green tints as he strokes his paint brush on the canvas. As he concentrates, he hums an unknown melody with a soft smile on his face.

Beomgyu is in a bliss.

Huening Kai keeps him company from a slight distance. He's on guard while he keeps a watchful eye on the prince. However, Beomgyu's blissful behavior doesn't go unnoticed by his best friend.

"What has got you all giddy my dear prince?" Huening Kai asked in a humorous manner. He's been observing him in amusement.

In an instant, Beomgyu stops his movements on the beautiful new masterpiece he has been working on for the past hour. The sudden disturbance that interrupted his enjoyment almost made him curse under his breath.

"N-Nothing! Can't a prince enjoy solitude in peace!" He complained then continues to paint.

Kai chuckles, "not at all when the prince himself is acting like he is in love. You have me curious."

Beomgyu stiffens as the paint brush in his delicate hand stills. He remains in this position unmoving.

"Ah so I must be right! You are indeed in love with someone aren't you? And my prediction tells me it has to do with a certain someone with pink hair," Kai wiggled his eyebrows then he moves closer to the prince.

Beomgyu turns his head, gazing at Kai with innocent eyes.

"in love?"

What is that feeling? Could it be perhaps the sudden euphoria Beomgyu has been feeling these recent days?

"Come sit with me, my prince," Kai kindly suggested.

Beomgyu nods, putting down his paint brush on the easel. Then he lets himself be led by Kai to a bench not far from where they were.

As they both sit down on the white iron bench, Kai asks formally, "Do you know how it feels to be in love, your highness?"

Beomgyu slowly shakes his head.

Kai begins to explain, "The moment you fall in love, it feels like the world takes on a new color. Everything around you seems brighter and more beautiful. While the fall can be scary, the feeling it invokes is life-changing."

Beomgyu listens in awe. Hearing Kai's explanation has him fantasizing about a certain pink haired male. He thinks about how his world has indeed became more radiant ever since Kang Taehyun appeared into his life.

Kai paused for a moment and gazes at the garden surrounding them, contemplating on what to say next. He wasn't concerned about Beomgyu's silence. He knew the young prince was listening. Then he continues, "Falling in love is like a slow walk into a beautiful garden. It takes your breath away."

It seems to be apparent that his best friend has been in love before so Beomgyu builds up the courage to ask, "Have you ever been in love, Huening Kai?"

Kai shifts his attention back towards him with an affectionate gaze, "I have once my prince."

"Who?"

Kai doesn't answer right away, staring at Beomgyu so fondly. Then he lifts his hand up to gently fix the young prince's hair that was slightly disheveled from the mild wind as he says, "maybe I'll tell you someday."

Beomgyu whines in complaint, "Why can't I know now! I'm your best friend, you aren't supposed to keep secrets from me."

Kai lets out a chuckle, amused by Beomgyu's reaction. He always thought his short-temperament was adorable.

"Oh your highness, maybe I'll tell you at your wedding. I believe by then I will have overcome it," he teased. "But for now, it's irrelevant."

Beomgyu huffs, "my wedding? And who could I possibly ever marry."

"Presumably a man named Kang Taehyun?" 

Beomgyu's mind wanders into the idea. Marrying Kang Taehyun would be a dream come true.

After a moment, Kai's sweet voice interrupts his daydream.

"Happiness shines from your eyes when you think of him. You're definitely in love my prince."

"Perhaps I am. If I let him do this to me, what else will I allow?"

Anything, Beomgyu thought to himself.

"That's the thing about love. You allow that person to have the power to destroy you but trusting them not to. Are you ready to take that risk?"

"Absolutely," Beomgyu said without hesitation.

Anything for Kang Taehyun.

-ˋˏ ༻𑁍༺ ˎˊ-

Taehyun is in his shared chamber with Yeonjun. He plops down on his bed releasing a heavy sigh. However, it was a sigh of contentment. He can't stop thinking about the evening he had with Prince Beomgyu.

The sigh alarmed his best friend.

"Is something wrong Taehyun?" Yeonjun asked warily.

Taehyun slightly sits up from his laying position.

"Not at all," he responded with a big grin.

"Then care to share what is on your mind?"

He answers proudly, "last night I had the opportunity to dance with Prince Beomgyu."

Yeonjun gasps in shock and exclaims, "What?! Are you for real?! I didn't know that would be allowed."

Taehyun hums, "neither did I. I actually thought he would reject me however I thought wrongly. He happily accepted my request to dance with me."

Taehyun in fact did not expect the outcome of what happened yesterday evening at the ball. He courageously approached Prince Beomgyu and took a high risk to ask for a dance. And to his surprise, Beomgyu willingly embraced him. It definitely is a moment he will remember for awhile. The pleased smile on his face right now explains it all.

Yeonjun is burning with curiosity so he asks, "how was it even possible? The whole ballroom was heavily guarded and everyone knows you are technically here for Prince Soobin."

"It was late in the evening when most of the guests, plus the King and Queen, have dismissed themselves from the event," Taehyun shrugged.

Yeonjun snorts, "Ah. So you thought that was the perfect opportunity to take your chance with the youngest prince. You're so daring."

Yeonjun is slightly envious on how bold Taehyun can be.

"Precisely and I'm glad I did. Otherwise I wouldn't have found out how he feels about me."

Yeonjun raises his eyebrows with wide-eyes, his expression filled with astonishment.

"And how does he feel about you?"

A self satisfied smirk forms on Taehyun's lips.

"Let's just say I know he's interested me just as much as I am interested in him."

Yeonjun scoffs playfully, "I don't blame him. You're a heartthrob."

They banter for a minute then after their laughter ceases, Taehyun says in a pensive tone, "However, he seemed to be so overwhelmed after confessing. Like he never experienced the feeling before."

"Makes sense. He's been sheltered his entire life then he suddenly gets bombarded with unfamiliar emotions after meeting you."

Taehyun hums, feeling empathetic.

Beomgyu has lived a very isolated existence with no contact with anyone outside of the palace. Most of his interactions has been with the workers, his family and his childhood friend Huening Kai.

Taehyun on the other hand, has a lot of experience from social gatherings whether it were to be at bars or going on meaningless dates. However, he never settled down with anyone because he thought there was never a point if he felt nothing for them.

In spite of that, who knew the first person he would fall in love with would be the youngest prince of their kingdom. Life is a journey with unexpected miracles.

"You love him?"

"Yes," Taehyun answered without missing a beat.

He can confidently say he does without a doubt.

"How do you know?"

Taehyun remains silent, deep in thought. He takes a moment to think about the beautiful prince he effortlessly fell in love with. Then he says, "Because seeing him smile is the only thing I want to see, even if it's not because of me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 572 50
Taegyu fanfiction, based on my imagination. ( just writing for fun, I love writing! Not expecting any readers but who reads this, I appreciate it! )
40.9K 1.6K 11
What happens when your childhood best friend, Yeonjun, the one you've been in love with since the beginning is about to get married to your.... Will...
5.8K 177 11
Prince? Detective? Vampire? Spy? Beomgyu? What? ─︎─︎─︎ A story you could probably finish in a day! Side Ship: Yeonbin ─︎─︎─︎ Started: October 18th 20...
36K 2.3K 33
[ ongoing ] a yeonbin au in which soobin and yeonjun are polar opposites in romance but are destined partners for each other ...