Endless Love

By xxmmas_

❝Never in my life have I met someone like you. You're someone that comes once in a lifetime.❞ - Lucas William... More

Authors Note And Character Aesthetics
1 : Pilot
2 : Back To Where It All Started
3 : Depressing Mall Trips
4 : Summer Nights
5 : First Day Back
6 : The Matchmaking Project
7 : First Date Jitters
8 : Suspicious Dreams
9 : A Night To Remember...Or Not
10 : Aftermath Of The Storm
11 : Business Trips And Bad Decisions
12 : Slumber Party
13 : The Reason I Love And Hate Elevators
14 : It's Wednesday My Dudes
15 : DDD (Double Date Disaster)
16 : Friday Night Lights
17 : Suprise Visits
18 : Birthday Kisses And Weakness
19 : Spooky Season Is Officially A Go
20 : Seriously, Whose Idea Was This?
21 : He's Alive...I Think
Bonus Chapter : Cam's Birthday
22 : The L-Word
24 : Quinceañera Prep : Scene 14 Take 347
25 : Es Hora De Una Quinceañera!

23 : Move Night

7 0 0
By xxmmas_

AALIYAH

I can think of about a thousand different ways that I'd rather be spending my weekend.

Could I name all those thousand? Probably not but that's the beside the point.

So when Desirée said we'd be going to the movie night I thought she was joking, but then again I should've figured.

I really didn't want to go to the movie night in the first place. Now I really didn't want to go especially if Lucas was going to be there.

"So tell me again why we're mad at Lucas," Desirée said as she was sitting on my bed watching me look for an outfit, "Because when I asked the first time you didn't really give me an answer."

When she put it like that I had no logical reason to be mad at him, but I still was.

I peeked out of my closet. "It sounds stupid when I say it."

"When has anything you've ever said made sense, she sat up and turned towards me, "Just tell me."

I cut the light off in my closet, closed the door, and went to sit on my bed beside her. "I saw him talking to Brooke."

"And...?"

"Well, that's it."

She let out a little laugh. "Okay, Aaliyah you know I love you. But you can't tell him you don't know what you want and then get mad at him when he talks to other girls. Even if it happens to be Brooke."

She was right. Even if I didn't like it.

"I told you it was stupid."

"Your feelings are never stupid. And don't let anyone ever make you feel that way. Your feelings are valid. All of them."

I smiled at her, hopped off my bed, then grabbed my stuff. "And this is why I love you."

She got off my bed and put on her shoes. "I'm amazing. I know right?"

I rolled my eyes at her and walked out of my room. Let's hope tonight goes well.

Famous last words.

•••

When we arrived at the school there were a lot of people there surprisingly.

Never thought people would be so excited to spend their weekend at school.

"Okay, I'm going to go find Xavier he said they were here." She looked for Lucas' car and then walked away.

Guess it's just me now. You know I don't appreciate-

"BOO!!"

"AHHHHH!!" I caught my breath and then turned around.

Lucas.

"What the hell dude!"

"Did I scare you?"

"No, I thought I would just scream to be dramatic."

He laughed then smiled. His stupid laugh and his stupid smile. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

"What do you want?"

"Why are you so mad? Did I do-"

"Hi, guys!" Brooke said walking up to us.

He turned his attention towards her. "Hey, Brooke. How've you been?"

"I've been good. How about you? Oh my gosh hey Aaliyah I love your outfit."

"Thank you?"

She had to be lying because there was no way she liked my outfit. I don't think it was hideous but no way Brooke of all people would compliment it. Maybe she's trying to be nice and start over like she said.

"I'm glad you guys could come. I just wanted to check in and make sure everything was alright. Hope you guys have fun." Then she walked away.

"Okay, maybe she-" Lucas started.

I cut him off. "I'm going to go find Desirée." I walked off to where Desirée said she was going. He followed behind me.

I realize I have no actual reason to be mad but I couldn't just let it go. Not yet.

I finally caught up with Des and Xavier. Lucas was talking but I couldn't make out what he was saying. It's like my brain involuntarily tuned him out.

"Aaliyah please talk to me. Just tell me what I did."

"Hey, are you guys ready?" Desirée asked.

"Yeah come on."

"Wait no we're not. Aaliyah, what's wrong? Talk to me."

Desirée and Xavier walked off to let us talk.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

That's an accurate description of how I feel right now.

Why am I like this?

"Later. We have to go."

"What's wrong with right now?"

Yeah, Aaliyah what's wrong with right now?

"Lucas just come on."

"Not until you talk to me." He stood there with his arms crossed. Of course, he's acting like a child right now.

Takes one to know one.

"Fine."

I took his hand and his whole body softened. Then I dragged him until we caught up with them.

"This is so not what I meant."

"Yeah, I know."

"You guys are all set." Xavier looked at Lucas and smiled.

"Yeah just peachy. Let's go." I dragged Lucas behind me and I have to admit he was a lot stronger than he looked. It took all my strength to drag him behind me. He felt like heavy luggage.

•••

We found our spot somewhere near the middle and the back. It was perfect. Of course, Lucas and Xavier used their popularity to get us a good spot.

I never thought that was a real thing until they proved me wrong.

"I'm gonna go grab some snacks. Anyone want anything?"

"No we're good," Desirée answered, "Aaliyah?"

"I'm fine."

Okay, now I'm starting to annoy myself.

"Great." Then he walked off.

A good amount of time had passed and the movie was about to start so I went to check on Lucas. "Hey, I'm gonna go check on Lucas."

"Okay but hurry back the movies about to start."

I got up and went to over near the snacks and well let's just say I found him. Once again he and Brooke were talking. What could they possibly be that much to talk about?

I rolled my eyes and started to walk away. I guess Lucas saw me because he started to call out my name. I don't think he has any idea how embarrassing that is.

He finally caught up with me and grabbed me by my waist. I was turned around and met with those brown eyes again. Curse his brown eyes.

"You drive me crazy you know that."

"Wha-"

"Now tell me what's wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what."

"No, I don't or else I wouldn't have asked."

He let out a little chuckle and then took a deep breath. "Why are you mad at me Aaliyah?"

"What do you mean?"

"You've been mad and distant for a couple of days and I just want to know what I did."

"What makes you think you did something."

"Because you've been mad at me! And I don't know why because you won't talk to me. Just tell me why you're mad."

"Because of her!"

"Who?"

"Brooke...I saw you talking to her. You guys looked close and I know you said-"

He looked at me sincerely and cupped my cheek with his hand. "Aaliyah." He stared into my eyes but I looked away. "Aaliyah look at me."

I looked into his eyes and it's like all my troubles or anything else I was thinking of went away.

"I would never-"

"I know."

"Then why'd yo-"

"I don't know," I looked down again, "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." He sighed then let me go. I felt cold again it was like his body warmth cocooned me.

"Are we okay?"

"Yeah, we're good."

"Now let's go."

We walked back to our spot and we got looks from people as we walked back. "You guys good?"

I looked at Lucas and smiled. "Yeah, we're good."

I felt Lucas staring at me throughout the whole movie so I didn't even dare to look his way.

Halfway through he whispered into my ear. "Trying your best not to look at me huh?"

"Nope just focused on the movie."

He leaned back. "Sure..."

Damn, my pants are on fire right now.

The movie finally ended after what felt like forever.

Des and Xavier left immediately after the movie ended. They practically sprinted to the parking lot.

Not suspicious at all.

"So..." I stared at Lucas awkwardly.

"Well, I guess I have to get you home now."

"Sure let's go," I said trying to hide my smile.

•••

"So...we're here."

"Yup," I said looking at my house. I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed my stuff. I was about to open the door until he cleared his throat. "Aaliyah?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being you."

The embarrassingly wide smile that went across my face was unreal. "Good night Lucas." I opened the door the closed it.

Walking up to my front door and unlocking it I couldn't stop thinking about the great time I had.

Now that whole cliche thing they do after a first date. Closing the door, standing there and smiling, and reminiscing. I thought it wasn't true.

Until of course, I found myself doing that exact same thing.

"Hi, honey."

"OH MY GOSH!"

She laughed and then sat down on the couch. "Did I scare you?"

"No...Wait Mom when did you get back?"

"A couple of hours ago. Now you want to tell me what's going on between you and Lucas?"

•••

*The next few chapters are about a quinceañera. Sorry if I got some things wrong. It's not apart of my culture but Xavier is Hispanic so I wanted to include something like that in this book.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645K 24.7K 67
Kayla, 17. She is trying to do what she has to do to provide for herself. Kayla's dad was always there for her, loved ANC cared for her, they had a g...
1K 70 33
Two lost souls. Finding each other. Finding themselves. Luna is a sophomore in college with a group of friends that have become family to her, and to...
74.9K 1.1K 58
When Hollis moved to California, she had never expected to fall in love with the charming football player, Owen Windess. She hadn't expected to fall...
4.6K 289 32
We know, what happens if we fall for our best friend. But, do you know what happens if a person falls for his best friend's elder brother. And what w...