Blessed: The Abandoned Wife

By misttressofseas

Their arranged marriage ended six years ago.... then who is her daughter....is it her daughter or his as well... More

Slap
Reining in the Chaos
Meet-a-friend
Un-Accountable Encounter!
Time Out
Looking for a Frog
Honeymoon Tours and Travels
Song of the heart
Running into you!
The Return
Growl...
What kind of marriage?
Proof
Answers and Questions
Vee and Dee
Coffee Date
Dyuti's father?
Investigation begins
Primate, horses and a bat?
Making of a Match?
Il-'logical' choice?
They tell him...
Aftermath
The March

Characters Introduction

2.1K 25 0
By misttressofseas

Sharing the background and look and feel of the key characters. If you like a bit of mystery, come back after reading 5-6 chapters, else dive in :).

Have tried to minimize the spoilers you will read in the later chapters, also let me know if there any other you would like a description of.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shubhi Khanna

Occupation: Financial consultant with a focus on family businesses and select clients. Became a CA at her first attempt and even got a gold medal from the university. Now works as a private consultant helping family and small businesses with accounts.

Eldest daughter in the Khanna family, living in 'Khanna Kutir' with her extended family. She has a strong family support system.

Current Situation: She is juggling the responsibilities of work and being a single mother to Dyuti. She is helping with her sister Shuchi's wedding preparations, and dealing with the shock of encountering her ex-husband, Daivik Rawal.

Personality Traits: Resilient, intelligent, considered as a high achiever, family-oriented, and protective of her daughter. She's almost traumatized by her past with Daivik but finds solace in her close-knit family. She is considered auspicious by her family as many positive events happened around her birth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daivik Rawal

Background: Scion of the famous Rawal clan, they believe they still have the royal blood in their veins. They branched out into businesses around the time of independence and have been quite successful. Daivik has a foreign MBA and six years ago was entrusted with the task to grow the family business in the USA.

Revealed to be the ex-husband of Shubhi and father of Dyuti. His unexpected encounter with Shubhi indicates a troubled and possibly unresolved past. He seems to be grappling with the consequences of his actions and choices, including the impact on his child and ex-wife.

Current Situation: Recently returned to India to be with his mom and elder brother Viren after six years. He is happy be back with family and friends but is irritated by the puzzle of his ex-wife and her daughter.

Personality Traits: Intelligent, considered as a high achiever, a thorough businessman. He is proud of his lineage to the point of being arrogant. Having stayed away from the family for six years he values his relationships. Daivik loves fast cars and has a collection in India as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Rajan

Occupation: Doctor, very famous cardiologist currently treating Dyuti, he has just performed heart surgery to close the hole in her heart. He excelled academically and in practice outside India and then returned a year ago to serve his country.

Relationship with Main Characters: Friend of Daivik, involved in the treatment and care of Dyuti. He is a supportive figure in the lives of the main characters. A typical nerd, Daivik and Viren ofter supported him against bullying in their school days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dyuti Khanna

Age: 5 year old girl

Background: Daughter of Shubhi and Daivik. A happy go lucky kid, unaware of her father's identity and the complexities of her parents' past relationship.

She is recovering from a major surgery, under the care of her mother Shubhi and is being treated by Dr. Rajan. She is surrounded by love and support from her mother, maternal grandparents and the extended family. She is in fact considered even more auspicious than her mother.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuchi Khanna

Relationship to Main Characters: Shubhi's younger sister, an accomplished artist

Current Situation: Her wedding is imminent, and the family is involved in the preparations. Shuchi had initial reservations about her match with Amish but eventually agreed to the marriage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amish

Background: Fiancé of Shuchi. He comes from a wealthy family but has chosen a path different from his family's business and decided to become an artist.

He is independent and romantic given his love story with Shuchi.

Current Situation: Engaged with Shuchi and preparing for their upcoming wedding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shubhi's Parents

They are the supportive parents of Shubhi and Shuchi. They are involved in caring for Dyuti and helping with Shuchi's wedding preparations.

They are seen to be loving, caring, and pillars of support for their daughters. Despite Shubhi's marriage disaster, they have never judged their daughter .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soumya Krishnan

Background: A Tamilian brought up in the north, speaks Hindi and Tamil. Her father is a retired civil servant known for his integrity. She was in love with model Nick Grewal but knew that the chances to getting him were less than zero. She was a simple sweet girl and her father was a very conservative person.

It took her sometime to believe when her marriage was arranged with Darsh Grewal who turned out to be Nick Grewal, her dream man.

She is a realistic and supportive friend to Shubhi, capable of handling complex situations.

Soumya is currently lead designer in a boutique, dealing with her father's illness and the pressure to get married.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darsh Grewal

Part of the extended Rawal clan, a sunshine boy known for being charming and flirtatious.

The death of his parents and elder brother in an accident threw him into the world of parties, modeling, women and even a brush with drugs. He becomes famous as a Nick Grewal.

Six years ago he is forced to moved to UK to establish and expand the business.

Darsh is honest, but emotionally distant and preoccupied with establishing and expanding his business.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dheemant

He is reserved but polite, contrasting with his cousin brother Daivik. He is also part of the Rawal clan, in fact a royal lineage from both the parents but never shows any arrogance. Married to Nitya, with whom he has a son.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viren Rawal

Eldest of the Rawal clan, he is the brother of Daivik and Vinita (d). Darsh and Dheemant are his first cousins. He has taken his responsibilities for his cousins quite seriously. His wife Shipra died almost six years back and he returned from Dubai to India with his less than a year old daughter - Veni. He is a doting father. Jai Singh Rathore is his close friend as well as lawyer.

He is seen to be helpful, and humble, and lacks the airs that Daivik possesses. He is more likeable and approachable compared to his brother Daivik.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khanna Family

Shubhi's large and supportive family living in 'Khanna Kutir'.

They are caring, close-knit, and protective of each other. They are a well off upper middle class fam

Shown to be actively involved in the lives of family members, especially in the face of Shubhi's challenges and Shuchi's upcoming wedding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.1K 4.8K 40
Aakhi Love gorgeous things. Bookworm. Polite. Obsessed with romantic noble. Beautiful. Brown eyes. Loves colour red. Live in her fantasy. Happy. M...
764K 48.5K 44
The world lays at his feet but his world is her. The king bows to no one except his queen. ☆°•°☆☆°•°☆ " How could I want anyone else when I am only b...
865K 54K 35
( 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 #𝟏) "Alright this is getting out of my head, just out with it, who is she?" His best friend asked him.. "MERI HONE...
84.5K 5.7K 21
"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥?" __________________________...