Bury a Friend [H.S.]

By random1469

Rich kids with nothing but time and money on their hands. For example, Harry Styles likes to spend his days s... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 *
Chapter 3 *
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 *
Chapter 6 *
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 *
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15*
Chapter 16
Chapter 17*
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 20

18 0 0
By random1469

St. Edwards was built on a precious elitist system.

An invisible system yet everyone knew where they stood within the system.

At the bottom were freshmen and those disliked by the ones above.

Social outcasts and those that had wronged the elites. 

No one wanted to be there.

You're basically allowing yourself to suffer from disgusted looks and taunting from people in the halls.

After that level was the quote on quote 'average people.'

Usually, geeks and people that had super niche interest like the theater kids.

Next, was the largest level, the people that desperately wanted to be at the top - - - an elite.

They did everything in their power to impress the elites and earn their approval.

For example, Alexis Win and her throwing a party to celebrate the life of Kat Ryan.

And at the top of it all were the elites.

A group typically reserved for the wealthiest and most attractive seniors.

However, Kat Ryan, Harry Styles, Otto Sommers, Cato Clark, Blake Gomez, Ari Kim, and Jack Larsen have been part of the elites since their freshman year at St. Edwards. Kat slept with the senior captain of the soccer team, Cato and Otto got to start on the varsity soccer team as freshman, a rarity, and Blake's mom helped one of the senior girl elite members get onto a cover of a fashion magazine. The rest got to trickle in because of their friendship with Cato, Otto, Kat, and Blake. 

Who you know means everything.

It's how you survive at a place like St. Edwards, or how you die, metaphorically speaking of course.

This group of seven, well now six are the sun to the solar system that is St. Edwards Private School.

It's amazing how much spotlight and power they can have considering pretty much everyone that goes there is in the same financial class but I guess their money talks louder than the rest.

Solan Darby was determined to join the elites.

Not because she truly wanted to be like them but so that they could know what it feels like to be played with.

To be broken, hurt, and abused.

She wants them to taste the bitter almost acid like feeling of rejection burning in their mouth, lighting it on fire, like how Kat Ryan felt the night she died.

They all took their turns taking something from Kat.

And now Solan would take something from each of them.

But in order to do that she needed to become one of them.

Just to clarify, again, she didn't want to be them.

She wanted to destroy them.

Solan Darby was not one that typically cares about her looks, but she knew that if she wanted to get the attention of the elites she needed to look like them.

So she spent nearly four hours getting ready for Alexis Win's party tonight.

She needed time to shower, shave, exfoliate, cleanse, tone, moisturize, and pick out the perfect outfit.

A combination of sexy but modest.

It was definitely harder than it looked, she wondered how girls like Blake Gomez and Ari Kim had become pros at it.

"Honey, I'm so proud of you. Getting invited to a party and you haven't even started your first day at St. Edwards yet." Mrs. Darby announces as she comes into Solan's room.

Her mother was idiot but at least she was kind and caring one.

She often times reminded her of Karen from Mean Girls.

Just going along for the ride.

That had to be why dad chose her as a wife Solan couldn't help but think to herself.

She knew her dad wasn't the most faithful but when you work as a music producer with some of the UK's hottest and youngest acts stuff is bound to happen.

At least that's what he told her when she caught him with Jennifer Fox in eight grade.

Her mom doesn't really have much going for her other than being a doting housewife, so she's kept this secret all these years.

If her mom were to find out it would one break her and two leave her financially ruined.

"I know mom, I met this girl at a coffee shop, and she invited me." Solan says.

"Well, honey have fun and please be safe. If anything happens call Alfred and he'll come get you, no matter how late it is." Mrs. Darby smiles warmly.

Alfred was their 24/7 hour driver.

"Yes mom." Solan smiles in return.

"You look so nice." Her mother continues.

"Thanks." Solan replies.

With one last look in the mirror, she grabs her small purse and phone and heads out her bedroom.

"Be safe, love you!" her mother calls out as she gets in the car with Alfred.

Solan arrives at the party with her plan set in stone.

She had thought long and hard over this plan the last two weeks.

She finally solidified it a couple of days ago.

Solan knew she needed an in to their group.

Her original plan was getting with Otto Sommers since he fucks anything with a vagina, but it appears that something or someone has caught his attention as word on the street is he hasn't had a hook up in a week and a half.

Then there was Harry but after some slight social media digging it was clear he's grown heart eyes for Mia Sinclair of all people.

Cato Clark was her last option, but she never really considered that a real option since everyone knows he wants Blake Gomez and only Blake Gomez.

So, then she resorted to trying to figure out a way in with Blake or Ari which was going to be hard since they are the worst of the group.

Mia and Luna weren't viable options since they too had just weaseled their way into the group.

Jack Larsen coming back to the UK was her saving grace.

The man doesn't date often and he's got a reputation of being one of the nicer ones so she thought he would be good enough.

So, the plan...is to get Jack Larsen to date her.

She dates him and she is in the group and the fun (more like damage) can begin.

When she arrives she grabs a drink from the host Alexis Win and makes quick small talk with her.

Thanking her for the invite and what not.

Alexis started to talk her ear off so she made an excuse saying she needed to use the bathroom so she could get away from her.

Alexis told her the nearest one was upstairs, which was perfect because that's where the elites are.

It was made obvious when she arrived that when it comes to public parties like this, they like to separate themselves from the rest of their classmates.

The thing is I don't even think it was intentional.

That's how much power they have, can't even realize when they're being elitist.

As she climbs up the stairs, she takes in how much calmer it is on the second level.

The music is quieter and there's less people.

Moving right past the open bathroom she keeps walking until she's out on the large balcony.

And there holds the elite.

Solan recognizes them instantly.

Blake and Ari stand in a corner talking quietly to each other.

Luna and Mia engage in a conversation in the opposite corner while Harry visibly sneaks glances at Mia from his place with Otto and Cato.

Where's Jack?

Ohh, there he is she thinks to herself.

He's on the phone talking to someone in a hushed tone.

The rest of the people are some elites from Thomas Andrews.

Sighing deeply Solan plasters a mysterious smirk on her face and walks in catching some curious glances across the room.

Just act like you're supposed to be here. She repeats to herself over and over again.

If Kat could see her now...

She starts to walk over to the makeshift bar getting ready to pretend to fill her cup when she hears a "Hey."

She spins around coming face to face with Otto Sommers.

"My my, I must be in a museum because you are truly a work of art." His lips curling up in a smile.

"Ohh you're too kind." Solan pretends to blush at his words.

"I'm a very kind lover but enough about me." He gives a suggestive look, "So, I take it you go to Thomas Andrews." He questions.

"No, I go to St. Edwards, or at least I will on Monday." She reveals.

"A new girl.." he trails eyes looking her up and down.

"Well, it's nice to meet you." Cato interrupts Otto's staring contest.

"I'm Cato Clark and this is Harry Styles."

Harry gives her a slight nod before continuing to sneak glances at Mia.

"Solan. Darby." Solan shares her name as well.

"Would you like a drink?" Otto questions.

"I already have one." Solan replies, raising up her cup for proof.

"But I could make you a better one. Trust me." Otto grins with a subtle wink.

"I'll tell you what. Let me finish this one and then I'll take you up on that offer." Solan replies giving him a subtle wink back.

"That I can do." Otto nods his head in agreement.

"If you'll excuse me, there's someone I need to talk to." Solan says innocently as she sees Jack is now off his phone call.

"Who could you possibly need to talk to?" Otto scuffs.

"Alright, nice meeting you." Cato waves bye politely at the girl while Harry abandons the boys to go speak with Mia.

"I'll be back, promise." Solan smiles innocently at Otto.

"You better." He winks.

Jack stands next to the railing looking up at the night sky.

He's alone, perfect Solan thinks to herself.

"Jack Larsen?" she calls out, heart beating loudly.

Jack turns around with a bored look in his eyes, "That's me." He looks Solan up and down in a quizzical way, "But who are you?"

"Solan Darby, your newest girlfriend." She announces to him.

"My newest what?" Jack coughs into his elbow.

"You heard me." She replies.

"I think you may have bumped your head walking into here." Jack says.

"Now that you mention that I'm starting to develop this big headache." Solan lies, placing a hand on her head and faking a groan of pain.

"Why don't we go somewhere more private, and you can inspect it?" Solan suggests.

"You think you can seduce me that easily? That I'll let you wrap that pretty little mouth of yours around my-" Jack starts, "Who says I want to seduce you?" Solan asks with narrowed eyes.

"Sweetie I'm not nearly as dumb as I look, drop the games because you won't win." Jack declares with a knowing smirk.

"I'm not playing a game." Solan states trying to appear truthful.

"You clearly want something from me, so make it quick before I get bored." Jack voices already sounding bored.

"Fine, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this so soon, but I know a little bit about something that starts with an r and rhymes with grab." Solan sings lowly so that only Jack can hear.

"Hmm, pretty girl who comes with blackmail, not my type typically but for you I'll have to make an exception." Jack sings off, his stare never leaving Solan's face.

"Come on, follow me." He demands lowly.

Solan nervously follows him into a bedroom two doors from the right of the bathroom she originally passed by.

When they enter into the room, Jack's slamming the door loudly behind them before locking the door.

All this adding to Solan's nerves but she's tries to appear unfazed as she matches his stare.

"How much do you know, and how in the hell did you find out?" Jack Larsen questions.

He still looks so calm.

Completely unrattled.

"I think I'm the one that should be asking all the questions." Solan replies.

"Don't backtrack, just answer my damn question." Jack states sounding bored again.

"I know enough." Solan states with a shrug of her shoulders.

Sighing loudly Jack rolls his eyes, "How much?"

"What?" Solan asks.

"How much for you to forget about whatever it is that you know.?" Jack asks with an expectant look.

"I don't want your money." Solan scuffs.

"Then what do you want?" Jack further questions.

"To be in with the elites. Let me be your girlfriend." Solan answers.

"You want popularity?" Jack lets out a loud laugh, "There's no way in hell you're willing to blackmail me all for popularity?"

"I have my reasons." Solan states, crossing her arms over her chest.

"So, what are these reasons?" Jack challenges her.

"None of your concern." Solan shrugs.

"See, that's not going to work for me. You're going to have to try a lot harder before I let you anywhere near me or my friends." Jack says.

"Funny how you think they're your friends." Solan doesn't back down.

"Funny, how you think I'd take anything you say seriously. Taking commands from a girl I don't even know." He scuffs to himself.

"Fine, then I guess I'll go public with why you really left St. Edwards." Solan sighs as if she's really upset about having to do this.

"Stop, okay. I need time to think." Jack says running a hand through his hair.

"About what?!" Solan questions.

"How to worm yourself in. You simply just showing up as my girlfriend isn't going to fly with them. I need time to come up with a backstory." Jack explains.

"I start on Monday." Solan says.

"And I can have a story ready by Sunday...In the meanwhile stop throwing yourself at Otto, it's embarrassing." Jack instructs.

"I was not throwing myself at him!" Solan exclaims with disgust.

"Keep telling yourself that." Jack voice returns to one of boredom as he passes her his phone, "Put your number in. I'll text you at some point on Sunday." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 5.9K 91
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.2M 52K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
565K 20.5K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
93.8K 2.9K 75
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...