EXPLICIT BLOOM

By Deedi--

{With every sun comes a new day, a new beginning.} {A hope that things will be better today than they were ye... More

A/N
1• Illuminating darkness
2• Twilight and dawn
3• Ricocheted scalpel
4• Binturi innocence
5• Koala country
6• Denial
7• Blurred scope
8• Double dad
9• Kabuki mask
10• Hour glass
11• Happiness
12• Forlon mein
13• Foolhardy
14• Shadow
15• Elixir influence
16• Napalm skies
17• Perilous storm
19• If promises were horses
20• Bejeweled
21• Pale moments

18• Breeze that whispers

69 15 0
By Deedi--

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

A knock came at his door, a knock he had been waiting for all morning.

"It's open" Zaeem said in a high pitched voice so the person at the door could hear. "Assalamu Alaikum, good morning" Nahla greeted walking into the room. She stood a few feet away from the bed maintaining a reasonable distance between them.

"Good morning Shehnaaz" Zaeem replied. "You like saying the name" Nahla said. "Shouldn't I?" Zaeem asked. "The choice is yours" Nahla smiled.

"I'm going to school today and I was wondering if we could go shop after I come back?" Nahla asked unsure if he would agree to it. But he knew he needed some things, clothes even. He had been wearing two sets of clothing ever since his accident and it was getting rather uncomfortable.

"And what time will you return?" Zaeem asked back. "After Zuhr prayer or maybe later than that. Just get ready and we'll go immediately after Asr" Nahla replied being calculative about her lecture hours.

"You get impulsive when you're reasoning" Zaeem pointed out. "Dude that's not fair" Nahla said. "Oh no!" She started almost immediately as shock became quite visible in her eyes.

"What?" Zaeem asked. "Seriously what Shehnaaz? You're scaring me!" Zaeem asked again.

"I've never said that word before and it is shocking" Nahla said turning to look at him, the shock never flickering from her eyes. "What word?" Zaeem wondered. "The 'd' word" Nahla replied and Zaeem chuckled. "Dude?"

"Yes that!" Nahla assured and he chuckled again. "There's a first time for everything" Zaeem shrugged.

"You don't understand. I'm never one to speak like that, especially not to the opposite gender. What changed?" Nahla asked again. "Maybe it's a certain someone you met, I believe your life is never going to be the same again even if I die today" Zaeem shrugged.

"Subhanallah!!! No one is dying bi'izni Rabbiy" Nahla whispered, Zaeem heard her though. "Don't say something like that ever again, please" Nahla requested and Zaeem remained silent.

"I'm not leaving if you don't reply" Nahla voiced, she thought she could be just as stubborn.

"Okay I won't! Now go so you won't be late, safe journey" Zaeem voiced. "Thank you" Nahla smiled. She adjusted her rolled veil before walking out of the room.

The two were liking how they're becoming friends, they could really use each other on many circumstances.

Nahla walked out of the house and found Aalim waiting for her just like any other day. They exchanged greetings before he drove them to the University.

Nahla found Lina already in class when she entered and because there was more time before a lecturer steps in, she decided to sit with her.

"Lina thank Bahir again for me" Nahla suddenly said during their conversation. Lina knew Nahla was appreciative of the favour Bahir did to her but she had no idea it was to that extent.

"Girl you said that like a hundred times before, I'm sure he knows you appreciate his help" Lina said. "But still, that way he wouldn't hesitate to help me if I'm in need of any help again"

"Oh! What a sweetheart, but I do hope nothing of such happens ever again. Pain came before relief" Lina prayed. "I do too"

"Oma isn't coming?" Nahla asked. "How would I know? You know she has not looked for any of us ever since our fight, I doubt she still cares" Lina replied. "But that shouldn't stop her from coming to school. She fought with us, not school and exams is starting soon" Nahla reasoned.

"Explain that to her not me. I'm pretty sure she knows anyway" Lina shrugged. "Just don't stress it, maybe she's just coming late" She shrugged again.

"I hope so" Nahla sighed.

The moment she finished her sentence, the lecturer walked in so Nahla excused herself back to her sitting position and soon after, their final visual arts lectures started commencing.

The lecturer spent her time explaining the things she believed were the final foundation of their visual arts education as a course. She also informed them about the inevitable parts she knew would appear in examination. In other words, she gave them some areas of concentration while reading for exams.

It ended with her passing her soulful prayers to them immediately before she walked out, they made sure to thank her.

Oma didn't attend the class which made Nahla more worried. She wanted to mend what was broken between them and that was only possible if she meets her.

Oma wouldn't pick her calls and even when Nahla visited her home, they told her that she moved out. Nahla had her suspicions that maybe she moved to Oliver's house but she shrugged it off. Mainly because she had no idea where Oliver's house was located.

"Nahla!" Lina called the zoned out Nahla again. She was standing beside her and been calling out to her for a while."What's got you hooked up?" Lina asked. "Nothing"

"I know you're still thinking about Oma, it's that obvious" Lina said. "Why ask if you know then?" Nahla asked. "I wanted you to share it, sharing always makes one feel better" Lina replied and Nahla hummed.

"Anyways, we have an hour break before the next lecture. Figured we shouldn't misuse time" Lina voiced what actually took her there.

"Yes, library?" Nahla asked. "Sure" Lina smiled. They both were fans of reading both novels and books so they always had no problem with spending their leisure time at the library. How could they when their school library was filled with the best novels out there.

That day though, they decided to read because they knew exams would be tough. That kept Nahla distracted from Oma's thoughts and they both gladly understood what they learned.

They left the library ten minutes to their next lecture and arrived two minutes to it. Another lecturer stepped in so they settled and took their class.

When lectures ended, it was 30 minutes to 2:00pm so they decided to pray before going home. Nahla contacted Aalim and told him to come in 30 minutes as she was sure they'll be done by then.

They trekked to the school women's mosque and prayed then left when the time predicted to be Aalim's arrival neared.

They found him there already waiting for them so they entered the car and he drove them home. They dropped Lina first.

Nahla was exhausted by the time they arrived so she laid down on an empty stomach and fell into a deep slumber. She woke up only after the adhan of the mosque nearest to them startled her out of the sleep.

She moved slowly and carefully with drowsy eyes and entered the bathroom to take a bath. She took longer than intended in there before she came out and got ready in grey and black abaya and matching veil paired with niqab.

She took her bag and checked to confirm the presence of her credit card in it before she exited the room. Coincidentally, Farah was just exiting her own room.

"I was just going to check up on you, you didn't come to see me after your return and your food is also there on the table" Farah asked with concern.

"I was feeling really exhausted Ummie, guess I deprived myself some sleep because of the events that went on but I'm fine" Nahla replied sincerely.

"And the food?" Farah asked. "I'm not that hungry so I feel I can wait till dinner, it's already ten minutes to five" Nahla replied. "If you say so. Are you going somewhere?" Farah asked noticing the bag on Nahla's hands. She knew Nahla always roamed about the house with niqab especially since Zaeem came so that didn't alert her.

"We're going to the mall with him, I believe he needs some things" Nahla replied.

"Okay, don't stay late" Farah advised. "We won't I promise. We're taking Aalim after all, since his leg is yet to heal completely" Nahla said. "Well okay"

"Bye Ummie, love you" Nahla said side hugging Farah. "Love you too" Farah said before Nahla walked down the stairs while she returned back to her room for her azkarul masah.

Nahla walked through the part that leaded to Zaeem's room and there, she found him trying to walk out.

"I thought we're not going again" Zaeem voiced. "Sorry I got late. But where were you trying to go?" Nahla asked. "A walk, the room is becoming a bit suffocating" Zaeem replied. He was tired of just sitting around and watching the TV all day.

"Don't worry, you won't be bored after our shopping. And I promise you a tour of this house tomorrow" Nahla smiled while leaning on the wall. No doubt the sleep took a toll on her daily strength. "Why that look?" Zaeem asked. "What look?"

"You have no idea" Zaeem said looking away. "About what? Why are you speaking in riddles?" Nahla chuckled.

"Nevermind, let's go" Zaeem said. "Wait! You should take your wheel chair. I'm sure it'll be tiring to shop with crutches" Nahla suggested. "I'll get them for you" Nahla offered before casually moving to his room to get the wheel chair. She returned shortly after that and helped him on it before she tried to wheel him with her.

"I can manage" Zaeem declined. "Why manage when there's someone to help?" Nahla asked, not that she was expecting an answer.

With a smile sprung on her face, she wheeled him out of the house to the car before Aalim drove them to the mall that was four areas away.

"Those look good on you"

"Noooo!"

"Are you sure it fits"

"Stop being choosy"

"There's got to be something better"

That was Nahla ranting on and on about each outfit Zaeem tried on. He actually thought her to be a silent person, guess he thought wrong.

"You really should consider stopping now, I think we've bought enough" Zaeem suggested as he was already tired of trying clothes. Besides, they had 18 set of clothing that she agreed with.

"Are you perhaps tired?" Nahla asked. "Yes I am" Zaeem replied. "But we have many other things to buy" Nahla pointed out. "Some other day, please" Zaeem requested considering the fact that they have shopped other necessities too and magrib was nearing. "Okay then"

Nahla wheeled Zaeem to the counter and they priced their stuffs. She paid for them and the employees took them all to the car while Aalim loaded them in the car boot. They settled in then Aalim drove them back home.

If Nahla was being reasonable, she'd say she tired every one of them out, Aalim included.

"Let's unload them tomorrow please I don't think I can do any heavy weight lifting today" Nahla said. "Says the one who told us not to stop shopping" Zaeem chuckled. "I tend to get dumb whenever I'm doing something I love" Nahla sighed.

"Get some rest" Zaeem suggested. "Let me take you to your room first" Nahla said. "No Shehnaaz, go rest. It can't be so difficult to get to my room" Zaeem smiled. "Okay. And smile more often, it suits you" Nahla voiced before walking into the house. No doubt, she was very exhausted and hungry too.

But then she was happy, the day was exactly how she wanted it to be.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

708K 36.3K 46
"Mom i told you na ! I don't wanna get married . Be honest what do I lack . I have money , family, house, and a car . But all you want is for me to...
323K 9K 50
Ryan was holding my arm and with other arm he was ready to pull my sleeves up again. I immediately held his hand. "Please please do..don't" I tried...
371K 16.6K 38
*Rated M for Mature* Their meeting happened by accident. It wasn't supposed to happen... But it did. A spark was lit the second their eyes met. A sp...
17.5K 176 11
Father? I couldn't stand seeing him with that devil-soon-to-be-my-husband. The Accardi's were selfish, evil and made everyone around them feel like w...