serendipity. | Taylor Swift

By talesofely

serendipity [n.] - the gift of finding valuable or beautiful things without the need to look for it. Serendi... More

Veilleux-Lewis + Swift
02
03
04
NOT AN UPDATE
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
14 (Part 2)
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22

01

3.1K 125 57
By talesofely

12/02/15

"Wade, Wynter! I'm so glad to see you two here. Thank you for coming!" The singer, Charlie Puth, greeted the Lewis siblings with a big smile. He gave Wade a hug and a small side one to Wynter.

Wade had a smile on his face, it was obviously practiced but it was atleast slightly genuine. Wynter was the exact opposite, she had a stoic expression, one that she always used in public. She can't help it, she has what others would call a 'resting bitch face'.

"Happy Birthday! Thanks for having us, Charls. Appreciate it, dude. Where's Emma?" The younger Lewis just let her older brother to converse with Puth, while she just stood there boredly. Her eyes were roaming around the room, scanning faces to see if she knew atleast one person.

Her thoughts were cut off though when Puth spoke and pulled her right out of her thoughts.

"Hey Wyn, before we go find loverboy's girl, why don't I introduce you to a few people here? Everyone's mostly singers or actors, a few models here and there too."

She faced the birthday boy with a grimace, not bothering to hide her distaste with his idea.

"Hard pass. Where's the alcohol at?" With how bored her tone was, it would most likely offend other people. But Puth was fortunately not others, and is already used to her bitchy attitude.

"The bar's over there on the left side, I'll be around if you need anything." The young party host hooked his arm around Wade's shoulder before dragging him to find the actor's girlfriend.

Wynter was left alone, once again. She felt a few stares but chose to ignore them. Besides, it was most likely men and women that are trying to get in her pants... or dress, in this case.

No one could disagree that she could definitely get anyone she wants with how the short, black, silky dress wrapped around her curves perfectly. It also showed off her legs really well. The black matching choker was the best part, though.

Sitting on one of the bar stools, the young CEO didn't have much to do besides drinking her martini while watching couples make out. And quite frequently turn down the men and women who are trying to take her to bed.

She saw a few familiar faces here and there. Ones including, Harry Styles, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift. Like Charlie said, there were also models and actors like Karlie Kloss, Blake Lively, Emma Stone and Gigi Hadid.

Her people-watching was rudely interrupted by the seventh male actor of the night approaching her and trying to engage in a conversation with her.

Little did she know, a group of people were also watching her... and I guess silently judging her too.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?"

______________

"Is she here alone?" Karlie, one of Taylor's squad member asked.

Everyone turned to Emma, considering she is Wade's girlfriend and the only one who actually spoke with the bitchy CEO.

"She came with Wade. Don't know where Charlie dragged him to, though." Emma shrugged, taking a sip of her alcohol. The girl's didn't take their eyes off Wynter as she conversed in a condescending way with the random actor.

"She looks like she has the bitchest attitude. If I were that dude, I'd be so offended with how condescending her gaze is when she looks at him." Karlie grimaced, imagining how talking to the woman would be.

"Nah, I'd piss my pants with how intimidating her gaze is." Gigi countered with a chuckle.

"Geez, imagine how dating her is like." Taylor scrunched her nose at the thought before chuckling, causing the others to laugh along with her.

"Yeah, she's really private and cold. I've never seen her genuinely smile in the 2 years I've known her."

"Isn't she the same Veilleux that's friends with every famous celebrities? I know she has connections from actors, to models, to even singers."

"Yeah. She's incredibly picky with her friends that the celebs basically treats her as an achievement. If you're friends with the Veilleux, you're officially a big shot."

"She owns like a lot of hotels and resorts, right? I've been to one of her resorts, it's posh as fuck."

"Doesn't she also have a nice voice? I've never heard her sing but I know Wade mentioned it on one of his interviews."

"We'll just have to wait and see then. Charlie has a little stage in the front for the singers to do a karaoke marathon later."

"You really think she'll even leave that bar stool? Nice joke."

The girls' gossiping was cut short when Charlie Puth's voice came through the speakers around the rented private club.

"Hey everyone, I hope you're all having fun! Thank you for coming and celebrating my birthday with me, I really appreciate it. I have one last attraction for the night, I didn't hire a Dj because I planned on letting you guys sing. A little karaoke won't hurt anyone, right? Who wants to start off?" Everyone was cheering loudly and clapping while Puth was speaking. Some even suggested their pals, who are singers, to go sing on stage.

Including Wade, who was trying to force his poor sister to go on stage.

"Come on, Mau! Just for tonight!" Wade's words were met with a harsh glare and a light shove from his sister who he was trying to push on stage.

"Fuck off, Mav! Let me go or I swear to God I'll kill you!" The young singer was now currently kicking her legs in the air since her brother picked her up and was forcefully carrying her to the stage, "Stop manhandling me, you asshole!"

"Just one song, Mau. You know you want to anyways." Wynter huffed in annoyance as her brother grinned in accomplishment when he finally dropped her off on the stairs of the small stage.

"I'll let you post my next ig post if you sing atleast one song." The older of the two negotiated, which he quickly regretted when he saw the mischievous smirk on his sister's face.

"Deal." Wynter turned towards the stairs and joined Charlie on stage. The birthday boy–and everyone in the club–raised their brows in surprise, not expecting the young Veilleux to be the first singer of the night.

"What did Mav offer to get you to agree to this?" Charlie whispered when he gave Wynter a hug on stage.

Wynter shrugged and smirked before taking the electric guitar on the stand and sitting on the stool prepared infront of the mic.

"You'll see. Any song requests, birthday boy?" The brunette asked while tuning the electric guitar. Some who haven't heard Wynter speak, were surprised by her london accent and deep feminine voice.

The party host just shook his head with a smile and pointed at her brother who was finally beside Emma now, and was mouthing 'Daddy Issues'.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head in amusement. However, as if she thought of an idea, she suddenly nodded and smirked mischievously. Her short, yet perfectly manicured, black nails started playing the intro of 'Some Type of Love' on the electric guitar.

Everyone started to cheer, except Wade who frowned, expecting a different song. She stopped with a chuckle, surprising most of the guests once again when they heard that extremely rare sound from her.

"I would've played a different song but I wanna piss of my brother so... Happy Birthday, Charlie." Wynter said before she showed her unbelievably rare, million-dollar-worth smile and finally played the intro to Charlie's song.

When I'm old and grown
I won't sleep alone

"Damn, look at her hands. They're fucking veiny and slim. That's attractive as hell."

"How the fuck did she make that lively ass song sound like a The Neighborhood song?"

Taylor couldn't even figure which one of her friends spoke, she was too mesmerized with the way Wynter played and sang so effortlessly and still sounded celestial.

Wynter rarely looked down on the guitar, meaning she had it memorized like the back of her hand. She focused on the lyrics on her phone that was on a stand with the mic.

If not everyone was inlove with Wynter before she sang, they most definitely are now. The way her light brown hair flows oh so perfectly on her shoulders, her ethereal features, those long and luscious lashes, her perfect nose and jawline, and ofcourse, those sharp hazel eyes that could kill you if you aren't careful. She looks as if she was handmade by Aphrodite herself.

"Taylor, are you okay?" Taylor was snapped out of her staring when her boyfriend, Calvin Harris, gently tapped her arm.

"Oh uh, yeah. I was just..." She shrugged not knowing how to put her thoughts into words.

That was when Taylor realized that all her friends had their men with them, including her. She looked back at the stage when the song ended only to see Wynter already looking at their group. Taylor immediately looked away when their eyes met, nervous to meet the woman's glare.

The group of couples conversed while different singers sang all throughout the night. Taylor didn't even notice that Calvin wasn't by her side anymore until one of her friends pointed it out. She decided to go look for him and ask him to bring her home since she was not only tired but also drunk.

On the way to the men's bathroom though, she bumped into a buff man that looked extremely wasted. He held her arm with a mischievous and drunk grin.

"Hi there, beautiful." He slurred, his arm moving down from her arm to her waist. The singer tried pushing him off but his grip was strong. So instead, she tried to look for her boyfriend or anyone to help her, but no one close enough to hear her shouting.

"Let's go back to my place, yeah? You look hot. Fucking jackpot." His arm was now way too close to her ass, and she felt tears pooling in her eyes as she tried to desperately push the guy off of her.

"Let go of me!" She tried kicking his shin but it didn't do much considering she was drunk herself.

"Let go of her." A deep feminine voice spoke with an almost unnoticeable london accent.

The man stopped and faced the brave woman with a smug smirk.

"And what will you do if I don't? Who do you even think you are, huh?" He slurred, wanting to look down on the woman but they were almost the same height so he didn't get the privilege to.

"You don't deserve to know my name." Taylor couldn't recognize the woman's face or voice due to her tears and the alcohol in her system.

The man snorted in response, but it was obvious he was about to pass out.

"You- y'don't know my name either, s'that because you're... y'don't desssserve to know it too?"

"No, you're unimportant that's why I don't want to know your name."

This seemed to piss of the man. Taylor felt the man's grip on her loosen, only for him to try and punch the other woman.

However, the unknown woman was able to stop his hand and twist it behind him in an armlock. Two men–that Taylor assumed were the woman's bodyguards–held the guy back and took him away from her.

She saw how the blurry woman sprayed rubbing alcohol on her hands, muttering something about how the man had 'asshole germs'. She smirked mischievously at the man before spraying him in the face, causing him to scream when it went in his eyes. She gave the spray bottle back to one of her men before finally approaching the drunk singer.

"Are you okay?" The gorgeous woman asked her, holding one of her hands in hers.

Taylor just nodded mindlessly, her tears stopped but it was still on her cheeks. She felt the back of the woman's soft hands wiping her tear-stained cheeks. She got the chance to stare at the woman's face, trying to recognize her.

That's when it hit her. The brave and gorgeous woman was none other than Wynter Veilleux. The same woman her friends–herself included–were talking shit about, earlier. If she wasn't so drunk, she would've pushed the woman away in embarassment and asked why she helped her, but right now all she could do was stare at Wynter.

"Where's your boyfriend? He shouldn't have left your side in a place like this. What a dickhead." Wynter was currently helping Taylor sit on one of the chairs at the back side of the venue, in fear of her falling down.

"Club." The blonde was able to slur out.

"What the hell is he even doing there?" Taylor saw how the CEO shook her head in disappointment before opening her mouth to speak again.

"Where are your friends? Do you have your phone with you?" Although Taylor was mesmerized by the brunette's accent, she forced herself to shake her head.

She heard Wynter click her tongue and nodded mindlessly.

"I can't leave you alone like this. I already sent one of my men to look for your guy. I'll text Wade to see if any of your friends are still here. You doin' okay?" The soft and gentle tone that Wynter was using surprised Taylor. She was used to the sarcastic and sharp tone she heard her use on very few interviews.

"Did anyone tell you that you're fuuuucking gorgeous? Cause you- you really are, but your accent makes you sound quite funny." Taylor subconsciously slurred out. Her wasted brain couldn't even comprehend the words she just said but she chuckled...well, tried to.

"What?" It caught Wynter off guard, for sure. She didn't expect such a random compliment and insult (?) from the drunk woman. When she looked at Taylor for an explanation, she was just met by her sleeping figure, her head slowly lowering itself on Wynter's shoulder.

"Thank you?" The brunette whispered with a small chuckle, admiring the currently sleeping blonde on her shoulder.

________________________

a/n.

holy shit, chapter 1 is done. this feels like absolute trash but who gives af, right?

see y'all on chap 2 ig.

- sincerely, ely. ★

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 600 13
𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗟𝗬 𝗕𝗘𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗥𝗘𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗡 "Meet me in the afterglow" Charlie Hawke didn't expect anything to happen in his life. I mean, he di...
51.7K 3.1K 52
I'm far from perfect and just cruise along, watching my friends get married and fall in love while I'm stuck on the sidelines. Yep, I'm the designate...
76.5K 2.3K 31
- book one of wisteria hearts (six books are published) - two souls don't just find each other by pure, sweet, simple accident. it's serendipity. Tay...
7.1K 367 15
Set in the 90s. Taylor Swift, a seductress and superstar, our tragic hero, hides her identity in order to please her management, parents and the publ...