The Lost Chronicles of a Vill...

Av savirakkin

Naomi's existence is tied to the System that enables her to transmigrate into the world of novels. She became... Mer

E X T R A S
Prologue
ARC ONE | Don't Blame a Daydreamer
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.5
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 2

135 12 32
Av savirakkin

'I dare to dream, even when odds are against me. I dare to hope, even when all hopes are lost within me. Most of all, I dare to love, though fate rarely smiles at the lovelorn.

It is so funny tothink that after everything I went through, I still adored my journey since itled me to you. How did it all begin, anyway? Well, it went like this...'

- An Excerpt from Don't Blame a Daydreamer, Marianne's POV

The gentle laughter tickling the air seamlessly attracted the crowd's attention. All turned their heads to watch a beautiful girl laughing in delight as she ran past them, waves of golden strands following after her. She ignored their admiring glances and stunned appearances, as if she was oblivious of the attention she garnered, or she was simply so used to it, she could hardly care.

The school uniform she wore hugged her curves with elegance, its fabric caressing her skin like a gentle breeze, while her eyes shimmered like the depths of an emerald sea. Her face glowed as she beamed, her radiant smile leaving a trail of awe and fascination in its wake. In an instant, she captured the hearts of many through that smile alone.

"Woah, who is that? I haven't seen her here before..."

"Is she a transfer student? She looks good."

Such aura—such face—was only deserving for this circle's female lead.

The story had finally begun.

Naomi reclined in the plush seat of the black limousine, its tinted windows serving as a shield from prying eyes, easily concealing her identity. With an air of nonchalance, she observed Marianne, the heroine of this circle, weaving through the bustling throng with unabashed enthusiasm.

Despite the palpable anticipation permeating the air, Naomi's expression remained unimpressed, her solemn eyes betraying her detachment. In a different life, she might have shared in their collective excitement for a beautiful girl. But after traveling to numerous circles and seeing countless breathtaking figures, she became somewhat immune to their superficial allure.

A bit sad if she seriously thought about it.

Naomi looked at the blue box that had popped up beside her head when she looked at the female lead.

[CHARACTER INFO: MARIANNE RIDLEY

OCCUPATION: Student at Ignus Academy

AGE: 17 years old

PERSONALITY: Righteous, Naïve, Hopeless Romantic

FAVORABILITY: UN/A

IMPRESSION: UN/A

STATUS: Female Lead]

Since they hadn't met yet, the favorability and impression were still unlocked. There was also no available quest for her. The heroine and hero never had an available quest with them, which meant she wouldn't receive guarantees if she managed to befriend them or max their favorability meter. They would remain a wild card even with them, which meant she would always have to watch her back.

After all, she was the second female lead in the novel, and it meant she would always be second to the main character. Destiny would never be kind to her.

"Open the door please," Naomi said to the chauffer.

Not a moment later, the door to her right opened.

Naomi first let her long legs out of the door before stepping out of the car. The rhythmic click of her black platform heels reverberated through the air, harmonizing with the gentle sway of her skirt, caressing her sun-kissed thighs.

She delicately raised her hand to shield her face from the radiant sunlight, her eyes half-lidded like a seductive siren, while her lips formed an enchanting hint of a smile. She didn't need to look to know she gathered quite a number of admiring glances the moment she got out of the car.

"Woah, who's that pretty girl?"

"Oh my god, it's my idol, Naomi! My eyes are blessed!"

"Isn't she the Young Miss of the Cunningham family? Wow, she looks so beautiful!"

Naomi tilted her head to the side, granting them a glimpse of the graceful arc of her neck, before sweeping her gaze to the crowd. Acting surprised by their eyes on her, she made her lips form a coy smile, before she sauntered away from them, disregarding the escalating clamor left in her wake.

Exuding an air of elegance and refinement, yet emanating approachability and warmth—the perfect balance was the very image the Original played to strike other people's hearts.

Truthfully, Naomi was used to such attention and noise. She noticed the more her charisma increased, the easier it was to get people's attention. It was also easy to influence and manipulate people's thoughts, emotions, and actions, since the increase of charisma meant they'd be willing to listen and trust her more.

Since ancient times, people often let their guard down when they encountered beautiful people. Added to the fact that the Original had long been admired by many, it was as effortless as a snap of a finger to get everyone's admiration in this circle.

"Naomi! Over here!" A melodious voice rang out, catching her attention from a few feet away.

A stunning girl stood a few feet away from her; her eyes akin to gleaming jade. With an animated wave of her arm, the girl ignored any concern for disruption or noise and took off towards her in a whirl of excitement.

[CHARACTER INFO: LOUISA BLAKE

OCCUPATION: Student at Ignus Academy

AGE: 17 years old

PERSONALITY: Cheerful, Overprotective, Talkative

FAVORABILITY: 87/100

IMPRESSION: Naomi's here?! Why didn't she say anything?! I thought she'd go with tradition and not attend classes. Why did she change her mind? Well, nevermind! She's here now and I'd get to be with my best friend all day!

AVAILABLE QUEST: 1]

Naomi couldn't stop her lips from twitching into a faint smile when she read the impression Louisa had of her.

It was ironic how the Original saw everyone around her as trash—except for the male lead—but nearly everyone's impression of her were full of sincere admiration and good feelings. The Original really had taken her friends' feelings for granted, and in some cases, she took advantage.

That being said, Naomi was hardly any better from the Original. In fact, she might be a tad bit worse.

"Louisa," Naomi greeted her with a warm smile, patting her head when Louisa grabbed and hugged her other arm, "you're extra cheerful in this morning, I see."

"Of course, I am!" Louisa gushed, rubbing her cheek against Naomi's arm like a puppy begging to be petted. "You're here! You actually came in the first day of school. Last time you told me you wouldn't! What changed your mind?"

"Well, I just felt like I needed to," Naomi replied, gently pinching her friend's cheek. She couldn't help it when Louisa was acting quite cutely in front of her, like some eager puppy.

They started walking towards their designated building. Both she and Louisa were in their last year of senior high school, so they encountered many familiar people in their path. A growing number of gazes fixated on them, their penetrating intensity seemingly drilling holes into Naomi's back.

Within the realms of this circle, power, beauty, and connections held paramount significance, qualities effortlessly embodied by the Original herself.

Louisa pouted beside her, long brown curls bouncing over her shoulders as she swayed Naomi's arm back and forth. "Be honest with me. You just want to see Rowen, don't you?"

Naomi was in the midst of waving at someone. She faltered at hearing Rowen's name and fought against the instinctive cringe of disgust, barely suppressing it in time. Though she possessed the Original's memories, which included her interests and thoughts, Naomi didn't feel the love she harbored for the male lead. In fact, these recollections only left a lasting distaste in her mouth.

Rowen Kade was one of the several love interests of Marianne and the male lead of the novel. In other words: he was this novel's endgame. He was a typical rich kid, with an ego the size of the Pacific. He had never loved the Original and never cared for her either. Naomi even doubted that Rowen saw the Original as a friend. However, he enjoyed the way she adored him and stroked his ego, so he always led her on even after rejecting her.

That changed when he met Marianne.

The moment he met Marianne for the first time, his intrigue was piqued when she seemed to be blissfully oblivious of his identity or his family's reputation. While many strived to cater to his whims, it seemed that Marianne was willing to stand toe-to-toe against him. Since his ego couldn't bear this slight—and it certainly didn't hurt she was utterly beautiful as well—it compelled him to strive for Marianne's acknowledgment.

It was only when he realized that he was in love with Marianne that he started rejecting the Original for real. By that point however, the Original had already gotten an engagement contract between their families, and talks of a marriage after their graduation began. It only made Rowen dislike her further.

Therefore, for Naomi, Rowen was the scum of the Earth.

If he only stopped leading the Original on, she wouldn't have gone crazy.

The Original wasn't stupid; she knew Rowen didn't like her. How could she not know when she was always met with his disdain, when she did so as much breathed in the same air he was? She loved him for nearly as long as she lived in this world. It wouldn't be easy loving someone who couldn't—and didn't want—to return her love. She knew it was a lost cause, her and Rowen.

In the beginning, she tried to move on from him a couple of times, but she failed every damn time. During this period, when her love wavered and mind ruled over heart, Rowen would coincidentally show his care and give her affection. Every single time, she caved to her bubbling hope that he finally returned her feelings.

But the moment she began showering him with love again, he would turn away from her and begin showing her his disgust.

It was a vicious cycle that had tormented the Original for years.

She just simply could not admire the very person who ordered for the Original to be violated sexually and assaulted physically in the mental asylum, with the suggestions of the harem. As if that wasn't enough, the female lead's harem even planned the downfall of the Original's family, and her entire family suffered along with her.

Naomi hid all of her disdainful thoughts behind a well-crafted grin, her clear gray eyes like a cluster of stars over her tan skin. Remembering the memories the Original left behind only brought disgust and aversion, rather than adoration and love, for the male lead.

Fortunately, despite the memories that the Original left, Naomi wasn't influenced by them, nor was she vulnerable to them. She could still think rationally and separate herself from the Original, despite this identity not being originally hers. It provided her with a unique viewpoint, different from everyone else.

"Does that mean you've seen Rowen then?" She made her voice sound eager and warm, widening her eyes to make herself to match an expression of excitement. "Do you know where he is? I want to see him."

Louisa grimaced. "Well... I don't really know if that's a good idea."

[LOUISA'S IMPRESSION: Everyone knows Rowen doesn't return Naomi's feelings. I wish I can just tell her to give up and move on from him but I know Naomi won't like to hear it. Why, oh, why is Naomi so in love with that douchebag?! Ugh.]

Naomi hid a grin at what she read from Louisa's thoughts. It was nice to know she found an ally in Louisa when it came to Rowen's distasteful personality.

It was really a pity how the novel went between the Original and Louisa. As the protagonist of the story, Marianne was able to win over Louisa through her sincerity and kindness. After befriending Marianne, Louisa noticed the Original's fake personality and distanced herself from her.

Naomi was not going to let it happen now that she was here. She needed to secure Louisa's loyalty before she met the female lead; otherwise, Marianne would likely steal her, as if her harem wasn't going to be enough already.

Part of the reason why the female lead was so powerful in this particular novel was because other people were willing to protect and risk their lives for her. If Naomi could secure even a fraction of that shield, or better yet, establish her own safeguard, she might escape from the tragic destiny waiting for her in this circle.

Naomi wasn't naïve enough to assume if she stayed away from the female lead, her life would be easier and she could avoid her tragic ending. The villainesses of such romance stories had their destinies entwined with the main leads, since their purpose was to bring contention between them and have them fight for their love.

As such, the villainesses were important characters to have in the novels.

If they did not exist, who would be there to challenge the male lead's fidelity? Who would the readers compare the female lead to, if not the second female lead? Who would motivate and inspire the female lead to become a stronger, better version of herself, if not for the sudden appearance of a rival who seemed the best in everything?

How could people say it was true love to begin with if the villainess wasn't there to test it?

Since the Original was tied to the male lead and not with the heroine, Naomi would have a hard time not being involved in the overall plot of the story. Unless she took decisive action concerning the male lead she was bound to, she was entwined in the predetermined course of events of the novel. She would be perpetually beholden to the whims of the main characters.

She simply couldn't have that.

"Louisa, please?" Naomi turned to her with puppy-like eyes, her mouth pursed into an enticing pout.

Louisa stared at her for a moment before she nodded her head in a daze.

"Yeah, okay, let's go together..." her friend trailed off, sounding distracted.

Naomi merely shook her head discreetly, an amused smile playing across her lips.

It seemed this body and face was lethal, especially to those who held a high favorability with her. Then again, it was written that the Original had many suitors and admirers, but she rarely took notice of them. It was a shame how her looks were wasted on someone who clearly didn't appreciate her.

Louisa led her towards the Gentlemen's Club, a building exclusively designed for senior high school students and their appointed guests (such as partners, family members, etc.). It was a brown and white two-story house with a modern style and structure. Despite its appearance, they still insisted calling it a clubhouse.

The clubhouse was akin to a bachelor's pad. In there, the seniors could relax and indulge themselves to their heart's content, what with many entertaining things to do. Not everyone could enter the Gentlemen's Club though; only the top of the top could become a member. Naturally, that meant Rowen would be here.

It wasn't the most extravagant Naomi ever saw or experienced. After all, she had been a princess in the last circle, but she was still amazed at how carelessly these people spent their money. It was so easy for them to buy the latest technology and exclusive brands.

Both she and Louisa went up to the front door, where a bodyguard was standing to the side, black suit, and Ray-Ban glasses and all. Knowing who they were—what with Louisa's mother being the academy's director and Naomi's family being one of the biggest shareholders—the bodyguard easily opened the door for them.

Loud laughter and mindful chatter immediately greeted the girls the moment they came into the living room. A number of boys were sitting around in their phones, either playing a game or talking to someone, ignoring the large plasma TV mounted on the wall playing a footage of a football game. Some were playing by the pool table with a large amount of bills piled to the side. Obviously, they were gambling.

Spending money was as easy as breathing, it seemed.

Naomi's eyes scanned around the area, frowning a little when she noticed there were little to no relevant characters present. All of them seemed to be extra characters in the novel, since she didn't recognize their names from their character information the System was showing her.

Like her role as a villainess, an extra also had its purpose, as little as it might be.

"Hey, wait, is that Naomi?" Someone seemed to have finally noticed them.

Such purpose of an extra was also for things like this. It was for seemingly innocuous moments that drove the storyline forward.

Naomi tried not to appear tense as their attention drifted towards her and Louisa, all eager and excited to see such infamous people in their club. Seeing the growing attention they garnered, Louisa frowned beside her and shuffled closer to her side, as if she wanted to shield Naomi's presence from them.

Naomi appreciated her actions, knowing that Louisa was acting on her own accord to protect a friend. She didn't have to protect her, though. Naomi didn't really mind their overeager presence since there wasn't anything wrong with their behaviors—as long as they didn't cross their boundaries. That being said, she still wasn't going to relax in a room full of hormonal teenage boys.

"Hello, everyone," Naomi greeted them as she tucked a stray strand behind her ear, one finger lingering on the lobe, lending attention to her side profile, which naturally caught their eyes. She tried to appear hopeful and sweet as she glanced around, acting like she was looking for someone. "Is... Is Rowen here?"

No one seemed to be surprised she was looking for Rowen, although she could spot some despondent and dismayed expressions among some of the guys.

"We'll go get him for you," a boy offered eagerly before he left, shouting, "Rowen! Princess Naomi's looking for you!"

Naomi tried not to cringe. She forgot many people called the Original a princess, since she was the school Belle, a title awarded to the prettiest girl in school by casting a popularity vote at the start of the semester. Since the Original began studying at the academy, she had always been voted as the prettiest girl in the campus.

Of course, in the novel, Marianne was able to steal that title from her because of her devoted harem. This time, in this circle, Naomi wouldn't let that happen. She wasn't going to have the female lead get all the glory. Her competitive nature simply did not want to lose to Marianne.

Finally, after making Naomi and Louisa wait for a while—no doubt, it was on purpose—Rowen appeared, looking quite effortlessly gorgeous with his crimson hair and onyx eyes.

Naomi could understand why the Original tried to covet this beauty with all of her might, eyeing him with a critical gaze.

His appearance made everyone else in the room look like a squid, which was fair enough she supposed, considering his role as the male lead. He was well-built for an eighteen years old boy, standing at five foot and eleven inches tall. Even with his eyebrows furrowed, eyes glaring daggers at Naomi as he reluctantly approached her, he was still so handsome.

There was something wild about Rowen, as if there was a beast beneath his skin he barely kept restrained. Considering his anger issues in the novel, Naomi could take a guess what that beast entailed. Feral as he roamed freely, he snapped and snarled at those he considered his enemies.

Just like now.

Still, Naomi grinned brightly as soon as she saw him, fingers curled into a small ball as if she was trying to contain her excitement.

"Rowen!" Naomi exclaimed, striding towards him with a graceful pitter-patter of her small feet, long black hair flowing behind her like an insidious curtain. Her eyelashes batted, gazing at him with unrestrained wonder, like how astronauts would marvel at a sky. "Hi, I was just looking for you."

[CHARACTER INFO: ROWEN KADE

OCCUPATION: Student at Ignus Academy

AGE: 18 years old

PERSONALITY: Hotheaded, Stubborn, Arrogant

FAVORABILITY: -5/100

IMPRESSION: For fuck's sake. I thought I would have a time for myself before she comes running forward and bothers me. What the hell is she even doing here? How many times do I have to say no just for her to back the fuck off?

STATUS: Male Lead]

Naomi's brows slowly raised.

Wow, he really disliked her to the core of his soul, huh?

The Original never had a chance with Rowen if that was how he truly felt for her. It wasn't even a zero, but a negative five. To think the engagement between them didn't even happen yet (not that she was ever going to let it happen), she was still subjected to such strong dislike from the male lead.

No, this wasn't dislike.

This was borderline hatred.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

66K 1.9K 26
Picture this: I suddenly find myself in a medieval fantasy world, like the ones I used to gobble up in books. But here's the comical conundrum: I've...
740K 30.8K 98
Song Jinxi really likes the overlord villain in a story about a sadomasochistic president. The villain is handsome and innocent, smarter than demon...
560K 24K 87
After enduring years of pain as a consequence of being confined by my Yandere stepbrother, I was finally freed from my misery by an unfortunate house...
512K 31.2K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...