Death Wolves

By Dragon-Wolf-

So many things have happened to our young group of friends. There's been an unsuspected death and lots of hea... More

Chapter 2-Uncle Fritz
Chapter 3-How Dare You!
Chapter 4-Uncertain

Chapter 1-Unexpected Death

16 1 0
By Dragon-Wolf-

Chapter 1
"Unexpected Death"

Silence.

That's all that was heard for miles after the shot was fired and the body fell.

After what's felt like an eternity of silence a voice that showed sadness clear on her features screamed."Camden!!!"

Laura dove next to Camden who was bleeding very badly from a shot to the chest. She was freaking out as she tries to stop the bleeding."Don't worry Camden your gonna be okay." She didn't know who she was trying to reassure more. Camden or herself.

He grabbed her wrist and she looked at him with tears welling up in her eyes."Laura, there- there's nothing you can do."
"That's not true. Im not going to let you die." The tears were getting harder to hold back as he caressed her cheek with one hand and Whispered."I love you." then his hand dropped and his head fell to the side.

"Camden? Camden!" She shook him and Cassiel came up behind her and turned her to face him."Laura, he's gone. There's nothing you can do." She looked at him with a broken expression and then started crying. He held her close to him so she wouldn't have to look at Camden.

"I can't look." Meela buried her face in Bartimus' chest and he wrapped his arms around her.

"Sshh Laura, it's okay, I've got you." Cassiel whispers to Laura to try and calm her as she cried uncontrollably into his chest."I loved him." He nodded rubbing her back."I know."

They all heard an evil laugh from about 20 meters away from them."What will you do now,Laura?" Ezra's deep voice showed no sympathy for his daughter. In fact it showed a strange happiness at her sadness.

Laura growled and gripped at Cassiel's shirt tightly to hold in the anger she was feeling towards her father. If she attacked him now she knows what would happen. She would be blinded by anger,sadness and revenge and she wouldn't be thinking right.

"Laura try to calm down." Cassiel's whispers to Laura because he was thinking the same thing she was. Meela glanced over at Laura, still keeping her face in Bartimus' chest."Laura?" She saw Laura trying to stay calm but she knew they would have to do something otherwise Laura might not be able to hold it in anymore.

"I swear if you don't leave right now I will kill you myself." Her voice was as cold as ice and as broken as her heart."I doubt you could take me on in the condition you are in." She looked at him her eyes had turned bright red from the anger she felt as she continued to grip at Cassiel's shirt, which meant for him to keep her from attacking her father.

All of a sudden a voice yelled from the distance."Laura!!" It was Matthew."Door Matt?" She looked around slightly trying to see where he was but she couldn't find him."Up here!!" She looked up to the sky and gasped at what she saw."How the hell did he manage this?" Everyone looked up at what she was looking at and everyone grew speechless.

"A-are those your?" She nodded as a smile crept onto her face and she let go of Cassiel's shirt and stepped away from him."My dragons." Matt was tightly holding onto the giant black dragon deception as she was meters in front of two slightly smaller dragons. An Emerald Green one and an Amethyst purple one.

Ezra growled angrily when he saw Matt with the dragons."That stubborn, thick headed, disrespectful Little Boy!!" Matt laughed as he held onto deception who roared angrily when she saw the soldiers around Laura. Don't worry Laura, we're here now. Deception used the mind link she had with Laura to talk with her.

I trust you deception. Burn 'em to the ground!! Deception bared her razor sharp teeth as she and the other two dove straight down. Deception was careful still though because of the young boy on her back as she opened her mighty jaws and fire came shooting out and hit the soldiers head on. Half of them were hit head on and the others had already run far away. Including Chief Ezra.

Deception puffed out smoke from her nostrils in happiness as she saw there were no more threats. Make sure you tell your friends to get ready cause we're coming to pick you up. Emerald spoke out for the first time. Laura nods but then realized something. Actually guys. Fly around for a bit. I have something I need to do. They looked down at her confused then they went into her memories and knew what it was. Alright. They flew around more in circles and Cassiel snapped out of his shock of seeing the dragons and looked at Laura.

"Laura?" She turned to him and then looked down."We need to bury him. Before anything else." she whispered and they all knew what she meant. Cassiel put a hand on her shoulder."We'll take care of it." Meela and Bartimus nodded."Yeah you shouldn't have to do it." Laura looked at them and nodded gratefully.

Cassiel gave her a small smile before they begin digging the grave.

Laura couldn't watch as they slowly and carefully put Camden's body in the grave.

They put the dirt into the grave and Cassiel put a bunch of stones on his grave so wild dogs wouldn't dig up his body."There. It's done" Laura turned and looked at the grave and nodded."Thank you." Cassiel, Bartimus and Meela nodded."No problem."

Laura looked up at her dragons that were still circling. We're ready guys. You can get us now. Deception nodded and Laura looked at everyone as the dragons dove straight down towards them."Umm you guys might wanna stand still and don't worry, you'll be fine."

"What do you mean?" Meela looked at the dragons
"You'll see." Laura held one arm up in the air and within seconds deception swooped down and grabbed Laura's arm and flew up into the air again and threw Laura onto her back with Matt.

"Whoa." Cassiel was speechless as he also held his arm up and closed his eyes as emerald came and grabbed his arm and did exactly what deception did for Laura.

Bartimus held onto Meela with one arm and held one arm up as Trinity swooped down and grabbed the couple and threw them gently on her back. Bartimus sat behind Meela and held onto her as he looked around in awe."Wow."

Laura smiled slightly as she had Matt sit behind her so he could hold onto her."Matt how did you find them?" Laura looked over her shoulder at her brother.

"Well,when I heard father talking about how he was going to hurt you. I knew I couldn't let that happen. Even though I knew I couldn't stop him I knew who could. I had always heard father saying that he kept something important down in the dungeons and that's why he never let us go down there."

She nodded."Well when he had all his soldiers busy and no one was guarding the dungeon, I snuck down there and found them all chained up. I tried so hard to get them free but I couldn't. Luckily I found the tools they used to fix the chains so they wouldn't be able to escape and used them to take the chains off."

Laura smiled and looked at her brother. Yes he's quite the little hero. Just like his sister. Laura smiled at deception and then noticed Cassiel still having his eyes closed. Hey deception. Can you fly a bit closer to Emerald please?
Sure thing Kiddo.

Deception carefully flew over to Emerald and Laura looked at Matt."Matt hold onto deception for a minute okay?" He nodded and let go of Laura and held onto deception.

Meela looked over at Laura curiously from where her and Bartimus were on trinity a little bit away.

Laura smiled and stood up on deception and walked over onto Emerald by waking from deceptions wing and onto emeralds and finally sat down right in front of Cassiel facing him."You know, you can open your eyes. Your missing quite the view."

Cassiel smiled as he heard Laura's voice in front of him."Yes but there is one small problem." She tilted her head."What would that be?" He chuckled."I'm afraid of heights." She was speechless for a moment and then got an idea."Alright hold on." She stood up and turned around so she was still sitting in front of him but not facing him."Now how about you hold onto me and then look so it's not that scary?" Shock went across his features for a moment but then he nodded and slowly wrapped his arms around Laura from behind and opened his eyes slowly.

"Oh my god." She smiled and looked at him over her shoulder."I told you it was nice." he nodded and held onto her a bit tighter because he was a bit afraid."Don't worry you won't fall. No one has ever fallen off of a dragon unless it was intentional. Like when I do it." He looked at her."You intentionally fall off of-. You know what? With you I'm not surprised." She laughed a bit.

Meela smiled seeing them together like that and whispered to Bartimus."I'm happy for Laura."

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"Well it seems like her and Cassiel are already getting closer and that's good because that's what she needs."

He nodded and smiled."Yeah your right."

She smiled and looked over at Laura as They kept flying and Trinity flew over closer to Emerald."So where to next?" Bartimus looked at them and Laura sighed as she looked at Matthew who had fallen asleep on deceptions back."Well as much as it pains me to say this,I'm going to have to leave Matt with someone. It's just to dangerous for him if he stays with us."

Cassiel looked at her."Do you know anyone who could take him in for a while?." She nodded.

"Yeah my Uncle should be able to." He nodded and held onto her.

"Don't worry Laura. Everything will be okay. I promise." She smiled."Thanks Cassiel." He nodded and blushes as she leaned back against him.

"The sun should be setting soon. Looks like we'll be sleeping in the sky tonight." Laura yawned slightly and Cassiel smiled."Well I guess today just keeps getting more and more new doesn't it?" Cassiel chuckled.

Meela smiled and yawned before she leaned back against Bartimus and fell asleep. He kissed her head and then fell asleep as well.

Laura watched the sunset slowly as the sky was scattered with multiple colors. There was red, orange, yellow, and the clouds were painted a beautiful shade of light pink. It was like a painting in the sky."You know," Cassiel's voice snapped Laura out of her daydreams."I've never seen a sunset."

"Never?" He shook his head."No not once." She looked at him and smiled as she got an idea."Well then you'll have to see it from a better point." He looked at her curiously. Emerald can you fly above the clouds please? Emerald nodded and slowly flew straight up above the clouds which made Cassiel hold onto Laura more.

Once they were above the clouds Laura smiled and looked at Cassiel who had his eyes tightly closed."Open your eyes Cassiel."

He slowly opened his eyes and was star struck with what he saw."This is,"
"Amazing?" Laura finished for him and he nodded."Yeah."

She smiled. They were floating above the bright pink clouds. The sky was painted bright orange with red and yellow scattered everywhere.

"It's Amazing."
"Yeah. I haven't seen a sunset this great in a long time." He smiled and looked at her as he hugged her."Thank you for sharing this with me Laura." she nodded.

"Hey Cassiel?"
"Hm?"
"Do you really think things will get better?" He looked at her.
"I don't just think. I know they will." He gave her a reassuring smile and she gave one back."Thanks."

He nodded."We should probably get back down with the others." She nodded."Alright hang on." At that moment Emerald dipped down and slowly flew straight again when he came to fly next to deception.

The sun had finished its decent and the sky was scattered with bright stars and the moon was at its Crescent stage.

Laura yawned and leaned back against Cassiel as she slowly closed her eyes."Hey cassiel?"
"Yeah Laura?"
"Your the best." She smiled and fell asleep leaning against him. He looked at her and smiled as he kissed the back of her head gently and fell asleep with her in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.7K 240 11
As the title says
66.3K 1.5K 78
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
4.1M 88.2K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...