30 Day writing challenge

By bandhoez9194

a series of one shots for the bbs under a writing challenge, one story a day. I'll try at least lmao More

Day One: First Kiss
Day 2: No Dialogue
Day 3: Kitchen, Date, Music - BID407
Day 4: Style - Goons
Day 5: 100 Words - DDT
Day 6: Blackout
Day 7: Smalltown Bar & Jukebox - MooCat
Day 8: New Hobby - Krynoss
Day 9: A Heated Debate - DDW
Day 10: Promises Made, Promises Kept - DDT
Day 11: A Dance - Terrornuckel
Day 12: Motivation - Evan (Want You)
Day 13: 10 Sentences Over Last Item Bought - Brock (Poly AU)
Day 14: Regret - Evan
Day 15: Thank You - McDooo
Day 16: A Car Ride - Tyler/Anthony bromance
Day 17: Title of the Last Song
Day 18: Book Summary - Terrornuckel
Day 20: Angst - Tyvan
Day 21 - Dreaming - Delirious
Day 22: A Scene that Describes your MC - Brock (Poly AU)
Day 23: "Waves in the Ocean" - Smii7y/Blarg
Day 24: Crown, Dance, Smile - Brock/Evan/Brian (Rare Ones)
Day 25: Write for 15 Minutes
Day 26: Nicknames (Want You)
Day 27: Ending without a Beginning
Day 28: All Dialogue
Day 29: Girls Night - the Queens (spouses)
Day 30: A Concert - Rynx

Day 19: A Piece of Lore - Brock/Lauren (Want You)

5 1 0
By bandhoez9194

Brock followed Terroriser and Vanoss closely, gun held tightly in his hand. He normally didn't go on raids, but this one they needed every possible person considering the size of this gang.

"Moo, Terroriser, there's four guards around the corner," Vanoss whispered and they nodded, holding their guns at a ready. They darted around the corner and shot quickly, the four guards falling to the ground.

"Omegas are three doors down, on your right. There's a lot, I'm sending Wildcat and Nogla to you now," Panda said in their comms, Vanoss sending a thumbs up at a camera.

They crept down the hall and paused while Vanoss listened a moment, nodding once. "Two guards at the door, one should have the keys," he whispered and Brock and Terroriser nodded.

Wildcat and Nogla sprinted down the hall, guns held to their sides. Moo whispered, "Two guards at the door," and the two nodded, gesturing for Vanoss to continue.

The lead Alpha threw the door open, Brock and Terroriser moving in immediately and downing the two guards. Terroriser quickly searched them and held up a now slightly bloody ring of keys.

He separated them into small bundles, each key labeled with a number. Brock took a small handful and searched the cages, finding the group that matched the numbers on the keys.

The first door he opened held a young teen, couldn't be older than maybe 16. "Hey kid, it's okay, we're going to get you out of here and get you home, okay?" He said softly and the kid blinked at him, terror still on his face.

Brock opened the door and stood aside, showing him that he could leave. He went to the next cage, eyes on the kid as he slowly crept out of the bars. Nogla greeted him, the kid relaxing at the presence of another omega.

Brock focused on the cage he was opening, a young woman curled up in the corner with one leg stretched out limply. Brock smiled softly at her, thankful his mask only covered the top half of his face.

"Hey, we're getting you out, okay? What's your name?" Brock asked softly, staying back as she stared at him. "I'm Lauren," she whispered and Brock nodded, holding a hand out. "Can you walk?" He asked and she shook her head.

"I think my leg is broken," she said quietly and Brock frowned, moving closer. "Can I check it over? I'm a medic, I can set your leg, but I won't do anything without your permission," he asked and she bit her lip, eyes on him before nodding slowly.

Brock knelt by her, fingers very lightly tracing the bruising on her leg. He could feel the ridges and where the fracture was, nodding to himself as he dug through his bag.

He found his ace bandages and a splint, laying them next to him as he took ahold of her ankle. "I need to set this, it's a clean break but it needs to be positioned properly to heal right. I have a rag if you need to bite it," he said and she nodded, worry on her face.

Brock handed her the rag and she put it in her mouth, shoulders tensing in preparation. "One, two, three!" Brock counted down, snapping the bone in place at three. She let out a hissed scream, face paling fast as her shoulders shook.

"That's all done, I'm sorry," Brock said quietly, lining the splint up with her leg and carefully winding the ace bandage around it. He made sure it was solid and sturdy, looking around quickly.

Terroriser approached, nodding once at Lauren before saying, "You've got one more cage to open, and I think Wildcat has a couple. I'll carry her out of here if you need me to."

Lauren shook her head, eyes wide as she stared at Terroriser. "I've got her, here's the last key, you get the last one," Brock said, handing him the key. Terroriser nodded easily, taking it and leaving.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend him," Lauren said quietly and Brock shrugged. "He understood, I've had people not want anything to do with me but stick with him. We all have, and we understand. You guys have gone through things barely any of us can imagine, it's reasonable to be wary. Now, are you okay with me carrying you?" He asked and she bit her lip, nodding slowly.

Brock approached her carefully, sliding a hand under her knees and under her arms. He lifted her easily, thankful for Alpha strength. It'd be a bit embarrassing to not be able to lift her, and she was a tiny woman.

"That everyone?" Vanoss asked and Brock looked around, seeing Brian surrounded by about 4 people, Nogla and Wildcat also surrounded by a few each. That teen Brock had freed earlier crept to Brock's side, eyes wide as he looked around.

"That's everyone," Brock confirmed and Vanoss nodded, pressing a finger to his ear. "Is it clear?" He asked and waited a moment before nodding. "Come on, Basically, fourzer0seven, Smii7y and Kryoz have the place clear. We'll take you all back to our base, where we have clean rooms, clothes, showers and landlines for everyone. We'll help you all find your families or someplace safe you can go," he told the scared omegas, relief crossing each of their faces.

Wildcat and Nogla took point, guns held in their hands as they led the group out to their trucks. Basically and fourzer0seven were standing by them, Smii7y and Kryoz sprinting up a moment later.

"Nogla and Moo, you ride with the omegas, everyone else in here. Let's go home," Vanoss instructed and everyone split up. Fourzer0seven would drive the truck with the omegas, Basically driving the other.

Brock carefully set Laren down on the bench, giving her a soft smile before moving around with Nogla to help bandage the other omegas. By time they got home, Brock had helped splint two broken arms and bandage several cuts.

Brock, Scotty and Daithi led the omegas to rooms, Brock carrying Laren again. He brought her into a room and settled her on the couch in the living area, her eyes wide as she looked around.

"I'll bring some crutches, a boot and some pain medication in a moment, okay? If you need anything, press one on the phone. It rings Anthony's phone to let us know you guys need something, okay? Dinner will be brought up to you unless you want to join us downstairs," Brock told her and she nodded, still looking around.

"This is a beautiful place," she said quietly and Brock smiled. "It's Evan's, or Vanoss. His parents gave it to us a few years ago," he said and she smiled faintly.

"Can I shower? I was stuck there for almost 7 months, I'm dying for one," she asked and Brock nodded. "Let me get you a boot to protect your leg first, and yes you can shower. There's clothes in the closet of all different styles and sizes, I'll help you pick something out if you want me to," he offered and she nodded, smiling shyly at him.

"I'll be right back then," he said, leaving and hurrying downstairs. He didn't want to leave her too long, something about her that made him want to stay and talk to her. She was different, and he didn't know how.

He grabbed the boot, some crutches, a bottle of water and a bottle of 800mg ibuprofen, hurrying back up to her room. He passed Evan, who just raised an eyebrow at him. He flushed and avoided his gaze, unwanting and unwilling to explain himself.

He knocked on the door and went inside once he heard the soft, "Come in." "I've got the things, do you want some pain medication before I help you into it?" He asked and she nodded, looking faintly relieved.

He gave her a pill and the water bottle, letting her take some drinks and the pill before kneeling in front of her. He looked at her for permission and started unwinding the bandage as soon as she nodded.

He worked with careful, practiced motions. She watched his every move impressed, eyes wide as he finished strapping the last strap on the boot. "There, that should hold. Being an Omega, you'll heal quickly so I'd say maybe a month you'll be able to take this off. When you go home, find a doctor nearby to help you take care of it, yeah?" He said and she nodded, a look appearing in her eyes before vanishing.

"I'll help you into the bathroom and you can shower, I'll leave the crutches by the door so you can get to the closet, okay? Do you need any help with your clothes?" He asked and she shook her head, taking his offered hands and standing slowly.

He helped her hobble to the bathroom, reaching under the sink to find some saran wrap. He wrapped around the boot quickly before standing, hesitating a moment.

"Left is cold, right is hot, tab there for shower. Towels are hanging up, and you should have a few different options for shampoos and conditioners. If you need any help, press two, that calls the infirmary, okay? I'll be down there doing some inventory before our next trip," he said and she nodded, giving him a grateful smile.

"I never got your name," she said softly and Brock blinked surprised. "I'm Brock, or Moo, you can call me either," he said and she smiled faintly.

"Thank you, for everything, Brock," she said softly and he shrugged, face flushing. "You don't need to thank me, I'm just happy you're safe now," he said and she chuckled softly.

"Because of you, and the others. If I call, you'll come?" She asked and Brock nodded. "As soon as I get the call. The infirmary is downstairs near the back door, so it might take me 10 minutes or so, but I'll come," he reassured her and she nodded.

"Thank you," she said again and Brock nodded, giving her a faint smile before leaving. He closed the door to the small suite closed, standing there a moment with wide eyes.

"Brock? What's wrong?" Brian asked curiously from behind him and Brock turned. "N-Nothing, just helping Lauren figure out where everything was and making sure she could reach me if she needed help," he said and Brian raised an eyebrow.

"She knows to press one for Anthony, yeah?" He asked and Brock nodded, flushing slightly. "I uh, also told her to press two for the infirmary," he mumbled and Brian grinned slowly.

"Ohhh, I see now," he teased and Brock punched him in the shoulder. "Shut up. I need to head downstairs to do inventory, want to come help?" He asked and Brian made a face. "Ew, no, I'm going to get some food and bring it up to a couple of those teens. I'll come see you later," he said and Brock laughed.

He headed downstairs, thoughts swirling. He'd never felt that instant connection with anyone besides the members of this crew, and that easy comfort he'd felt with Lauren was something else. But he was a gang member, and not even one of the stronger ones. It'd be too dangerous for anything else, for anyone else.

He told himself to keep his distance, to stay friendly but not overly so. And besides, she'd find her family soon and would be gone. He'd never see her again, and that would be safer for her.

~~~~~~~~~

Weeks passed and all but one of the omegas they'd rescued that day were gone. All but Lauren, at least.

She'd told them her dad was unavailable, being across the seas since her mother had died years before. She had no partner, no siblings, no other family nearby, and had asked if she could stay for a little longer.

Evan was perfectly okay with it, he and Brian giving Brock amused, knowing grins. Brock had just rolled his eyes at them, even if a small piece of him was excited for the chance to get to know the omega more.

Evan, Tyler and Brian were out that day, following those three people Evan wanted to join the gang. Brock was down in the infirmary with Daithi, setting up their supplies for any possible injuries.

A knock came at the door and Brock called, "Come in," absently as he laid out some gauze pads next to peroxide. The door opened and he glanced up a moment before freezing as Lauren walked carefully in.

Her leg was healed, though still very stiff and weak. Brock had been helping her with some exercises to strengthen it up again, which, with her omega healing, meant she was improving very quickly.

"Hi," she said softly and Daithi grinned, looking over his station one last time before stepping back. "My stuff is laid out, I'm going to go help Anthony and Scotty keep track of everyone," he said cheerfully, Brock giving him a look as he left the room.

"What are you doing?" Lauren asked curiously and Brock shrugged a little awkwardly. "Uh, just setting up some stations in case anyone gets hurt. They usually don't, but it's always better safe than sorry. Especially since Brian seems to be interested in Dragon and keeps getting distracted by her," he said with an eye roll and Lauren laughed lightly.

"Can you teach me some things?" She asked and Brock raised an eyebrow. "I can, but why?" He asked and she shrugged. "It'd be good to know, I've always been interested in the medical field but wasn't interested in the multiple years of schooling required. But I want to be able to help and take care of people, especially if I have any kids in the future," she said and Brock hummed in agreement.

"Okay, come here, I'll explain what everything is then," he said and she went to stand next to him, her arm brushing his. A soft, subtle scent of strawberries and lilies surrounded him, a scent that had never failed so far to get his heart racing.

He'd only known her 5 weeks now, and she was amazing. Her voice soft and sweet, yet her sass and teasing personality contrasting it. She had an amazing sense of humor, her laugh bright and warm.

Brock knew he was getting in too deep, but he didn't know how to stop it. It was too dangerous for her to get involved with him, with the gang. If something happened to her, he didn't know what he'd do.

His little lesson ended when Evan brought John in, the Alpha cursing and bleeding from a knife wound to the ribs. Lauren hovered as he carefully cleaned and stitched the wound, rolling his eyes at John's continuous mumbles of threats to the undoubtedly dead man.

"There you big baby, you're all done," Brock said as he covered the stitches with a bandage. John stuck his tongue out at him and leaped nimbly off the table, giving Lauren a nod as he left the room.

"Is he always like that?" Lauren asked amused and Brock chuckled, nodding. "He doesn't do well with pain, and yet he gets hurt the most because he doesn't think and likes to charge in. For someone who specializes in stealth, he doesn't like to do things the stealthy way," he said amused and Lauren laughed.

Brock's eyes trailed the curve of her throat, swallowing silently as he forced himself to look away. She'd leave soon, he couldn't start anything. He never wanted to push her either, knowing what she'd gone through while in captivity.

"Want to go see if Anthony has dinner ordered?" He asked and she smiled at him, nodding. He offered her his arm, her fingers wrapping around his elbow. His skin leapt at her touch, internally cursing himself. He was definitely in too deep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Brock followed Basically and fourzer0seven through the warehouse, his gun held against his shoulder. They crept in, eyes and ears open for any hint of noise.

Brock peeked around a corner, catching sight of four guards. He held up four fingers and the two nodded, readying themselves. They shot around the corner and aimed, downing the guards with quick bullets to the head.

Brock made a face under his mask, never liking killing but he knew if they were to get in and out with minimum injury and no casualties, he'd have to.

He led the way down the hall, following Panda's directions to the inventory stock room. A gun went off near him and Basically shoved him, a heated pain spreading through his shoulder.

Fourzer0seven quickly took down the guards that had shot him as Brock hissed, stumbling against the wall with a hand pressed to the bloody wound. Basically knelt next to him, wrapping a cloth around his shoulder tightly as Brock gave him hissed instructions.

"I can keep going, this isn't my good arm. I've got my pistol, and we're almost there," Brock said, Basically frowning at him. Brock gave him a stubborn glare and Basically sighed, nodding.

Brock pulled himself to his feet and slung his rifle across his back, pulling his pistol from his waistband. They continued down the hall, Basically taking point.

They finished the heist, destroying multiple crates of drugs and packing up guns. Brock stubbornly ignored the throbbing pain in his shoulder, the lightheadedness that was coming from the slow blood loss.

Basically looked at him and frowned, shaking his head. "You're about to pass out Moo, let's get out of here and get you to Nogla and Angwl, it'd be good practice for the beta," he said, grabbing Brock's arm and supporting him out the door.

Angel and Ria had joined them two weeks previously, Angel being a beta they'd found trying to break into a warehouse to rescue Ria, another beta who the gang leaders had kidnapped to get back at Angel.

The trip home was quick, Brock leaning back in the seat with his head swimming. "Hey, Brock, wake up man, we can't have you passing out," Scotty said worriedly and Brock blinked his eyes open at him.

They pulled into the garage, the first truck already emptied. Evan and Brian stood waiting, helping Brock out of the truck and supporting him inside.

"It's just a shoulder wound, I'm fine," Brock insisted and Evan rolled his eyes. "Yeah, but you're about to pass out from blood loss dipshit. Come on, Daithi has the infirmary ready for you," he said and Brock made a face.

"What happened?" He heard and looked over to see Lauren rushing over, brown eyes worried. "He got shot in the shoulder and refused to come in, we're taking him to Daithi and Bryce now," Scotty said and she nodded, placing a hand on Brock's arm and following the group to the infirmary.

Daithi and Bryce got Brock patched up quickly, setting him up with a half unit of blood. Brock sat resigned, rolling his eyes as Daithi refused to let Brock talk Bryce through anything.

Lauren hovered, fingers twisted in her shirt as she waited for Bryce to finish wrapping the bandage around Brock's shoulder. As soon as they stepped away to clean up, she was by his side with her fingers lightly brushing the bandage.

"I'm okay Lauren, it's not the first time I've been shot and won't be the last. Side affects of the job," he said, trying to make a joke and she glared at him.

Evan, Brian, Tyler and Daithi were talking on the other side of the room, Brock rolling his eyes as this happened every time he got hurt. He wasn't sure why they always hovered so much when he got injured, they didn't do this with anyone else.

Brock looked at Lauren, giving her a smile. "I'm okay, really, you don't need to worry," he said and she sighed frustrated. "You got hurt and didn't come home to get it fixed immediately, blood loss will kill you just as quick as a bullet," she said and Brock shrugged.

"I wasn't in any danger, I know my body's limits love," he said and she slammed her hands on the table next to him. The noise startled everyone in the room, looking over as Lauren glared at him.

"I'll be damned if I don't get a kiss before you go and get yourself killed, Brock Barrus," she hissed, yanking the collar of his shirt and planting her lips on his. Brock's brain short circuted, his hands moving to automatically grab her waist.

Brian let out a wolf whistle, the two breaking apart flushed. "B-but you're supposed to go home when your dad gets back?" Brock asked and Lauren rolled her eyes.

"For someone so smart, you can be incredibly dim, Brock. I told my dad the first week I was staying here, I didn't want to leave you. I've been sticking around you, asking you to teach me first aid, sitting by you in the dining hall, and nothing!" She grumbled frustrated and Brock lifted a hand to touch her cheek.

"I- I thought you were going to leave soon, and didn't want to make a move. And this life is too dangerous, if you got hurt, I don't know what I'd do," he whispered and she turned to kiss his palm. "Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself. But I'm not going to leave now, not that I've finally found someone like you," she said and Brock pulled her into another kiss.

They'd figure it out. Lauren would make an amazing medic, and Brock couldn't wait to see what their future held.

Tada. Okay so it didn't happen EXACTLY how I had it in Want You (cos that said Lauren yelling at Brock happened in the dining area, not infirmary) but oh well. I hope yall liked this! Also Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate! See you in the next chapter, Kisses!!

~Banana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87K 4.1K 91
welcome!!!!! read at your own discretion please. am not responsible for emotions or getting ur phone taken away in class. i am also aware that my ti...
8.8K 266 12
Just a bunch of BBS one-shots! This book has come to an end for the lack of requests. This book may have a sequel to it in the future if I ever happe...
208K 2.7K 10
Yeah, what the title says;) Not all of them will be lemons/smuts and I'm only gonna do x reader imagines. WARNING Do not read if you're too young.
81.2K 1.8K 69
***warning very shitty one shots lol*** This was my first time writing one-shots. I was also 13 at the time so It's very cringey and not good at all...