Before

By Azrin_Aathor

The council had been ruling over the Main World for a long time, they joined at different times and each had... More

Gryff
Zyrex
Cirrus
Via
Blaze
Neferus
Hayden
Tory
Erin
Kelin

Lysabel

35 0 0
By Azrin_Aathor

CW: Loss of family members

Lysabel really didn't want today to happen. It was her sister's birthday, her 25th birthday. It would mean that her big sister would be heading off to join the army fighting the watchers in battle. Lysabel knew it would be dangerous, even a powerful admin like Surrnina would struggle against magic like the watchers. She didn't want anyone to have the blasted war that seemed to be going on and on. In history class they talked about it over and over again, learning the different names of generals in the war and what they did, but the one thing they never talked about was why there was a war. Why did they still fight, why did they even start fighting in the first place, why didn't they just try and talk it out? If she could she would teleport the leaders of both sides into a room together and wouldn't let them out. She doubted it would do anything, she didn't think they would ever work together even if it was a life-or-death situation.

She had to say goodbye to her sister quickly, they wanted to get her to one of their base camps as soon as they could so that way she could train to be in the battle sooner. "Do you really have to go?" Lysabel asked her older sister, holding her tight.

"It'll be fine, Lys. I'll send you letters all the time, and maybe you'll be in my camp when you have to join," Surrnina said, holding her little sister close.

"Nina, I'm going to miss you so much," Lysabel said, still not letting go.

"I'll miss you too Lys, but just think after we're done we can have our own server together. Invite whoever we please," Surrnina said, squeezing Lysabel tight before letting go.

She gave their parents a hug before she went over to where one of the admins in charge of transporting new soldiers was standing, "Goodbye, love you guys," she said before red light engulfed the two of them.

- - - - - -

It had been a few years since Lysabel's older sister left for her time in the fight, and it was around one year until it was time for her to leave and join the fight, even if she wished she had any other option. After she had finished high school she went to a place which trained her in her sword skills, helping her train against others. There were also classes about using commands during the midst of an attack, it was a lot of work but it helped Lysabel be strong, and she needed to be strong to be able to get through her ten years of fighting so she could make the server that she and her sister dreamed of. It's what she spent her free time doing, making plans for how the server would function, and how they would build it up together. She and Nina wanted it to be a place where everyone would be able to go to escape the continuous war that was happening.

She had also been practising viewing auras and how they worked. She knew her level of ability was rare, people were able to see some auras, such as some that come with permadeath, and some could sense auras as well, such as knowing if someone carried the right gene to be an admin or if someone was a large enough threat. Lysabel's abilities let her see all auras, she saw the colours and how they moved, and she could feel them even when no one else could, it was a strong ability to have, but she also kept it secret. She never told her parents about it, only her sister, she had been toying with the idea of telling whoever was in charge of her unit though, she wanted her ability to be as powerful as possible and could use training on it, but she still wasn't sure if she wanted anyone to know about it.

She was adding more plans to the journal, plans for the layout of her server, that she bought just for that reason when she heard a scream come from the living room. She threw the book down and pulled her sword out, not sure what was happening in the living room. She ran out quickly but also carefully, when she came around the corner, she saw her mother on her knees and her father hugging her. Both of them had tears streaming down their faces, her mother was holding a crumpled-up letter in her hand, holding it close to her chest. Lysabel dropped her sword and came over to them, "What's wrong?" she asked.
Both her parents didn't say a word, instead, her mother handed her the letter she was holding in her hand and it read:

Yineria Family,

We are sorry to inform you of your daughter Surrnina's death, she was overpowered by some watchers on patrol. Sorry for your loss.

Lysabel fell to the ground too, she had been working so hard so they would have a future together.

Lysabel went back into her room, everything seemed so devoid of life now. Her parents needed to get ready for Nina's funeral so Lysabel decided to just stay in her room, she needed to be alone. She picked up the journal she had been writing all the ideas she had for the server and threw it in the bin. What was she supposed to do without her sister? The journal didn't last long in the bin as she picked it up and held it close. She then noticed a note on her desk, she had seen it before but it looked as though somebody teleported it into her room, based on the aura it held it had been a delayed teleportation. It had her name on the front, her nickname, and it was in Nina's handwriting. It read:
Lys,
I've been stirring too much up here, I can tell the generals feel threatened. I know they're going to get rid of me, I can't run though, I know they'll go after you if I do. When it's your turn to fight just know if you show too much power, the generals will have it out for you. To survive, be invisible. Please don't tell our parents. I'm sorry sis that we couldn't have the server of our dreams, but I know that you will do so many amazing things.

Your big sis,

Nina.

More tears fell from her eyes, they had killed her, their own leaders. She couldn't do anything, she wasn't anyone special. She did decide then and there that she wasn't going to tell anyone her ability, she was going to be invisible.

- - - - - -

It was a few years after the war had ended and Lysabel started her new position as one of the first council members for the Main World. They hadn't had any new members join, she and Gryff had asked the High Leader about it earlier but she said that it wasn't the right time yet and they would have all 13 members when the time was right, but they still had been very busy. Lysabel had used the plans in the journal from her server in conjunction with the other two council members to create the layout for the city they were building. They had gotten a lot done but they were still expanding out and creating more places for people to call home. The three of them also had another goal of finding any groups of admins and watchers that were stuck in the old ways. Many places called themselves academies and were using whatever spells, or hidden parts of the code they could, to stay hidden from them.

Lysabel was sitting on the roof of their recently completed home and the headquarters of the council, ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ, she had just received news that her parents had been killed. One of the admins who had been at the final battle who had actually preferred the old days had been angry with her for siding with the High LEader and had decided to get revenge because of that, which is why she was sitting alone on the roof, letting her tears fall down. She didn't really know what to do, she had grown close to Gryff in the past but this wasn't something she felt comfortable sharing with him, and she had kept herself closed off from everyone else so she didn't have any friends, and now she didn't have any family.

"Are you okay Lysabel?" the High Leader said, flying next to the upset admin.

"I'm fine," Lysabel said, drying her tears and trying to pretend that she was fine.

"You don't have to pretend to be fine. It's okay to be upset," the High Leader said, placing her arm around Lysabel.

"I lost everyone. An admin killed my parents," Lysabel said, "I don't know what to do. I don't have anyone,"

The young admin turned towards the High Leader and started to cry on her shoulder, the High Leader held her close. The High Leader said, "I'm sorry about your parents, but you aren't alone. Gryff and I are here for you, and in the future, the whole council will always be there for you,"

The two just held each other close, Lysabel was letting her feelings out that she had been holding in for so long. "Thank you," Lysabel said, separating from the hug.

"Remember, you are always allowed to share your feelings," the High Leader said, "You and Gryff can have the day off, I'll cover everything for you. If you need more time off let me know and you can have it,"

The High Leader left Lysabel to have her alone time, but Lysabel was thankful that she came and checked on her. She was glad she could have people she could be close to.

WC~ 1657

A/N: Happy two-year since I started posting Xelqua! I'm happy to give you all a prequel! This is based on my OCs but I still hope you enjoy it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.2K 2K 15
✦ Complete ✦ !DISCLAIMER I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HERMITCRAFT! me mixing three universes into one. bare with me here. Grian has already had a traumatic...
9.3K 428 24
~Complete~ "Watchers, if Xelqua had to explain them, he would say that they are the unseen entity that looked over servers and protected them from th...
5.9K 199 15
Hermitcraft s2-7 but mostly 7 (Grian,Xisuma fanfiction) Fanart - buggsxp on tumblr Xelqua, banned in his own dimension for not being like the others...
1.2K 87 20
Grian and the rest of the council have faced battle after battle, running on empty. Each battle has become harder than the last and their luck may ju...