Holding On (Wildcreek Ranch S...

Rituparnadarolia

Twenty-six year old Rihanna Wilson, an elementary school teacher was very attached to her students. So, when... Еще

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Twelve

509 23 1
Rituparnadarolia

"What's wrong with you, Anna? Why are you playing with your food since yesterday?" asked her mom at the dinner table. It was Sunday night and Rihanna hadn't heard from Robbie or his uncle since yesterday, after he had dropped her off. She had cried bitterly into her pillow yesterday after returning home as if the words hurt her more than they had hurt him. She couldn't face herself in the mirror. How could she hurt him? She, too, was at fault, as they both were equally lost in one another.

"I'm not hungry, Mom."

"Are you unwell?" asked her aunt Charlotte who was her uncle Kennedy's wife. Their children, Raine and Ronald, were the youngest in the family and had enrolled in a college in Helena. They came over during the weekends to spend time with the family.

"A little, Aunt Charlotte, " she said to stop them from being after her life.

"In that case, you need to rest. No going to work tomorrow," said her mom, sternly. Rihanna's face fell. She couldn't take leave tomorrow, she wanted to apologize to Hunter for hurting him.

"No, I'm not that sick. I have to go tomorrow, " she said, getting all worked up and ready to fight to have her way.

"Okay, relax. You have to eat your food then," said her granddad. Rihanna quietly ate her food. She couldn't argue with her granddad.

The next day, she went to school and eagerly waited for Hunter to arrive. All the students had arrived and she was about to start the class when she saw Hunter's truck enter the parking area of the school. Her heart sang with happiness since Robbie had arrived and she could meet Hunter when school was over. If she could, she would have run out of her classroom to see him. She watched discreetly as the door of his truck opened and Robbie jumped out angrily followed by Gemma. Where was Hunter? She noticed that the person who was driving his truck wasn't Hunter. Did he employ a driver for Robbie's school duty? Her heart sank. She wanted to see him so badly.

Robbie huffed and puffed all the way towards the school gate, looking totally pissed off and angry while Gemma followed him. He entered without paying any heed to her. She went back to the truck and they sped off.

"Good morning, Robson, " she greeted him but he ignored her and sat down in his place. Rihanna started the class. Throughout the time, she noticed that Robbie didn't respond much. He was lost in his own world and seemed a bit lost just like he was on the first day of their session. It seemed like it was back to square one for her. She would have to find out what was up with him but at lunchtime, one of the students spilled water all over himself and she needed to take care of him. When she returned, she went over to him but he didn't talk to her.

"Hello Robbie, did you finish your food?" she asked him and he nodded.

"Yes," he answered, taking out a coloring book and sitting down to color. Rihanna sighed. She knew he was upset. She wanted to ask about Hunter but didn't know how to.

"Are you not going to talk to me?" she asked him gently. Robbie shook his head as a tear drop fell from his eye. "Why?" she asked him gently, her arm going around his small shoulders.

"Uncle Hunt said you don't want us. He will go away if I ask you to sleep with me," said Robbie as tears fell from his eyes. Rihanna's heart broke at his words. She hugged him to her bosom.

"I never said I don't want you. I love being friends with you. Tell your Uncle Hunt that he doesn't need to go away. You can call me anytime. I love to sleep with you," she admitted. He looked up at her with disbelief.

"Really? You love me, Miss Anna?" he asked with wonder.

"Yes, and we'll always be friends, okay?" she promised.

"Promise?" he asked.

"Yes, I promise." Rihanna felt relieved after that exchange. She just hoped that Robbie would talk to Hunter and things would clear up a bit.

Classes resumed after the lunch break and soon it was time to go home. Rihanna waited for Hunter to arrive to pick Robbie up but to her utter disappointment, she saw the same driver and Gemma arrive in Hunter's truck.

"Uncle Hunt sent them, again," Robbie smacked his forehead with disbelief. Rihanna looked at him with interest. She was curious as to why Hunter didn't come personally. Did her words affect him so much that even after two days, he was holding a grudge against her like a small child?

"He should have come himself if he loved you," she added trying to add more fuel to the fire. Let Robbie force Hunter to drop him. That way she too could see him. She missed him so much. She wanted to be in his arms. She wanted to be kissed wildly, she wanted to sleep tangled in his arms. She was desperate to do anything to see him.

"You're right. I'll be more angry with him if he doesn't drop me himself, tomorrow, " said Robbie, stomping all the way to the truck. After he left, Rihanna was feeling happier. At least she would see Hunter the next day.

The next few days, to her utter disappointment, Hunter didn't come. It was Friday again and Rihanna was frustrated. Robbie was angry the whole week but he hadn't come to school on the last day. Rihanna eagerly waited for him but he didn't arrive today too. The school was over and she was dying to know what happened. 

At home, Adelaide had given birth to an angelic baby girl two days back. She would be released today and Rihanna wanted to meet her little niece, Andrea. She drove home and parking her car, went inside to see Andrea. She was sleeping in her crib and looked so angelic that she instantly fell in love with the little baby. Her first thought was that Robbie would love to see a little baby.

"Isn't she an angel?" asked her mom, looking ecstatic at becoming a grandma.

"Yeah, she is because she looks like my bestie," said Rihanna.

"You wish! She looks exactly like me," said Rhett while Adelaide laughed.

"And me too," said Rhett's twin Rex.

"You? No way, " said Rhett and they started fighting like little boys.

"Of course, I'm your twin. If Andrea looks like you, she looks like me too," he chuckled.

"Never. Even if you're my twin, Andrea looks only like me," continued Rhett.

"Stop you two, Andrea looks like me," gushed her mom.

"No, what are you saying? She looks like me," said their dad. Rihanna and Adelaide rolled their eyes as the argument continued. Suddenly there was a pin-drop silence. What now? Rihanna followed their line of vision and froze seeing Hunter standing at the door of the room. He looked as if he was embarrassed to be here. Everyone stared at him wondering who he was.

Rihanna came to her senses. "Hunter? Is everything alright?" she asked getting up and walking over to him. He looked everywhere but at her.

"What's going on, Rihanna? Can we be in the picture too?" said her mom. Rihanna again came to her senses. She had no idea what was wrong with her. It seemed that she had forgotten everything and everyone around her after seeing Hunter.

"Sorry, this is Hunter Bradshaw. He's the guardian of my student Robson Bradshaw," said Rihanna. Then she turned towards Hunter. "This is my family. That's my dad, Keith Wilson, and my mom, Ruth Wilson. That's my brother, Rhett and that's his wife, Adelaide, and their baby, Andrea," started Rihanna.

"I'm Rhett's twin Rex, " said Rex, going forward and stretching out his hand for a shake. Hunter obliged when Renée peered inside with curiosity and a grin. Hunter turned towards her.

"That's my cousin Renée," introduced Rihanna.

"You're leaving me out, Anna, " said granny, with a chuckle. Rihanna rolled her eyes and Hunter looked amused.

"Okay, this is my granny Jenny, " said Rihanna. "More introductions later, please. You guys disappear now," said Rihanna, clearly pissed off. If her whole family lined up now to be introduced, it would take all day! When would she get Hunter to herself to talk? Adelaide and Renée giggled and Hunter looked very amused by now. She caught Hunter's hand and pulled him away towards the living room and out of the main door towards the porch.

She left his hand and looked up into his eyes which were intently watching her. "You didn't tell me what's wrong. Robbie didn't come to school for two days. I wanted to ask you. I was so worried about him but Andrea was born and I didn't get the time to go and see him," she said in one breath.

"You only care about Robbie, right?" he asked in a quiet voice, watching her intently.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

952 43 22
Cassidy Jenson's a cowgirl at heart and life, she grew up in the town of Bozeman, Montana. Her parents were part of the church community, as well as...
You Never Know When It's Going To Happen... Kayla Whitecotton

Подростковая литература

968 54 45
~THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED~ Highest Rankings: #1 in Xanax #8 in Parental Abuse 18+ This story does contain mature topics. Some topics make...
109K 3.8K 31
Olivia Bailon was a beauty and she knew it. The thing she despises most is a cheater. So she's made it her life mission to give all the men who cheat...
The Art of Starting Over Alias Tummas

Любовные романы

26.6K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...