π‘ˆπ‘π‘‡π»πΌπ‘πΎπ΄π΅πΏπΈ

By teeetales

Two strangers had a one night stand which resulted in lifetime commitment. Follow them on their journey to l... More

intro
one
two
three.
four.
five
six.
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty -two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six

forty-three

2.6K 183 13
By teeetales

Antonio sat with his arms folded, awaiting his guest to join him in a minute. He trailed his fingers on his side, ready to pull out his weapon at any given time. He was ready for war.

The double doors sounded opened and Daniel came in, in his peripheral view. Smirks mirrored both of their faces as if they were both excited to see each other. Daniel was guided to the table and the hand cuffs were removed from his wrist and legs.

"You finally got some courage to come see me, huh?". Daniel didn't waste time stating, taking a seat across from Antonio.  A man who he should've killed when he had the chance. He has been waiting for his revenge and now seemed like a good time in his mind. He wouldn't mind see his blood dripping from his hands.

"I came to see the hell hole you are being held in". Antonio flashed a smile while looking around. "Glad to see you still holding up well, Daniel".

"Holding up well? Are you fucking kidding me?". Daniel furiously banged on table catching the bystanders attention. However Antonio held his hand up, stopping his bodyguards and security from moving any further.

"Hey, calm down. I'm here to talk things out." He remarked.

"We have nothing to talk about". He spat at Antonio but Antonio wasn't fazed. In fact, he was awaiting his next move. He just needed to move faster.

"We have everything to talk about. Especially Marina".

"Do not mention my sister! You have no right to sit here and mention her name, you fucker!"  Daniel pointed in his face, veins popping out the side of his neck. He was a crimson color from all the anger build inside him.

"She betrayed me and I had no choice but to take her out. I didn't want to do it but she left me no choice. I was protecting my family. What I should've did was kill you alongside her. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking sparing your life".

"Oh please? Protecting your family? The same family you walked out on? Yeah right." A hearty laughed emerged out of Daniel's lips and that seemed to anger Antonio. He didn't like to be taken a fool. He also, in fact hated being reminded that he once stepped out on his marriage. "I'm glad you did spare my life because now I get to make yours a living hell."

A chuckle slipped out Antonio's lips and shook his head, "not before I do it. Look where you are, do you really think you can touch me?." He questioned with his brow raised. A conceited smile graced his lips. His anger was a ticking time bomb. It was just only a matter of time.

"You must forget I'm a detective." Daniel mentioned and a chuckle escaped Antonio's lip. A laugh bounced off the walls as if he had heard the funniest joke.

"A detective?", he taunted with his brow raised, "You are stuck in this horrible place, you are mentally unwell, you've committed murder and you think, in your head, you still deserve to be called that title? How did you even earn that?".

"You got me fucked up. What do you even want from me? You killed my sister. You took the most important person away from me. My only family and now you want to sit in my fucking face and be sarcastic".

Antonio held his hands up in surrender. In actual fact, he was quite done with the conversation and needed to end things right there and then. Daniel was just a loose end awaiting his fate.

One he needed to get rid of. He was wasteful matter taking up space on earth.

He stood to his feet and swiftly pulled out his gun, giving Daniel no time to react. The last thing he saw was his widened eyes oozing with fear before Antonio pulled the trigger, sending the bullet between his eyes.

Screams echoed in the room as the nurses and security rushed over and tackled Antonio to the ground. He did not resist, instead he was proud of his handy work. Everyone else looked in horror at the scene before them.

At least this time Antonio would be indicted for one of his crimes.

₰₰

Donovan was hard at work to ensure the safety of his family. Sleep currently didn't exist in his vocabulary. He knew he had to get rid of Alexio Venturi, permanently. The Haitians weren't much of a threat to him. He could deal with them and knew that once he removed Alexio,  they will be left with no power and no one to back them up. Which left them no choice but to surrender to the DeLuca and get on their side. After all, they held all power in the city.

"I need this to run smoothly. This is our only chance to completely wipe out Alexio's operation and make it ours.". Donovan boldly stated to his soldiers gathered around the table and in the room. Donovan was confident in his plans to take down Alexio once and for all and he didn't need anyone stepping in his way. Anyone who tried to stop him or question him will get a bullet through his head.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Most men had worked for the family all their lives while some were fairly new. However their devotion to serving the family ran deep. The Deluca's took care of them and they made sure to return the favor tenfold. They knew their money was currently at stake. Money they didn't wish to lose.

"So don't mess this up. Let's train hard too because after we take over Alexio's operation, it more work among us which means  more money in your pockets. Of course, no one will enjoy the fruits of their labor besides you" Elated hums sounded in the room. That seem to motivate them further. Anything related to money, motivated them to work harder and they knew, the DeLuca looked out for their own

His phone vibrated his pocket, causing him to slip it out. Angelo's name was plastered across the screen making it his five missed call, however he wasn't going to answer it yet. He sent the call to voice-mail.

He saw he had over five missed calls from him and a text from Cheyenne.

Answer your phone! Angelo is hysterical☹

"I need to take this. Meeting adjourned". He announced and waited for everyone to shuffle out the room before pressing on Angelo's name, taking his call.

The call didn't ring for long before it was answered.

"I've been calling your phone." Angelo stated as soon as the call connected. His voice frantic.

"I was busy. Wassup?". He questioned, voice turning concerned.

"Is what mama Eden told me true?".

"What are you talking about, Lo?". Donovan asked, his grows furrowed in confusion.

"Lucian. They taking about unc being my dad. That's what they said. Is it true or they bullshitting me?".

"Yeah, that's true. Lucian is your father." Donovan sighed. He however felt it wasn't the right time to let Angelo know as he was on his recovering from the incident.

"How long have you known? And why didn't you tell me?". He snapped.

"Calm down. I found out while you were in hospital and it wasn't my place to tell you that. Look, this revelation changes nothing between us. You are still my brother. I don't care about the formalities and all that. You are still my brother". Angelo listened intensively as Donovan reassured him

However, in his mind, things were different. Certain things about his identity was a lie. He didn't share a mother nor father with Donovan.

"Now what do you want to do? ". Donovan questioned after a short silence filled the phone.

"What am I supposed to do?. Everything is just weird. I can't even look at Lucian the same anymore. This is... upsetting and weird". He confessed.

"This doesn't change anything. You are still Angelo, my brother. You are still a DeLuca. The bloods runs in you. You just have a different set of parents. Mamma did the best she could raising us the same. Give her credit for that. Don't take blame her too, she was following instructions."

"Given to her by who? She won't tell me nothing else. She thinks it best I hear it from dad but I want her to tell me. Grandma is not budging too. Nobodyis saying none." He groaned in frustration.

Nobody would tell him about his mother. They all wouldn't dare say a word. The news relayed to them a few months ago still fresh in their minds. They knew Angelo and knew how he would react to the news. They still wanted him to preserve a clean version of his dad.

"I don't know either, I won't lie. But I think you should talk to Lucian. He knows what went down."

"How do I address him? Uncle or Dad?". He questioned with brows furrowed.

Donovan shrugged his shoulder even when Angelo couldn't see him, "however you like." He stated.

"Okay. Cheyenne won't stop being nosy so here she goes." Angelo told on her causing her to roll her eyes.

"Put her on the phone." He let out a sigh of exhaustion. This needed to be done so his family could be safe. He couldn't wait till his plans were executed

"Hey." Her voice came through, snapping him out of his short train of thoughts

"Hey baby, how you doing?". He inquired, a small smirk dancing on his lips. It felt good to hear her voice. It put his racing mind at ease.

"Everything is well.  How about you? Can we FaceTime. I want to see your face". She quickly stated. Donovan agreed and in no time they could see each other, faces mirroring a wide smile.

"I miss you. The babies and I. " She pouted, making sure to take him in.

"I miss you too. Everything will be back to normal soon. I promise." He announced.

"I hope so." A sad smile graced Cheyenne's face and Donovan noticed.

"I can take care of myself, I promise.  You not going to lose me again and when I make it back home, we will get married wherever you like and have more babies" He reassured her.

"Excuse me, more babies? With who sir?". She playfully threw her head back with a short laugh escaping her lips.

"You, of course." Cheyenne shook her head.

"The twins are more than enough for me. I don't think I want to have to any more kids". She frowned, thinking back to awful birth experience she had a few months ago. Without him.

"Just more one or two." He bargained.

"We will see." She stated. Before he could say anything else, Mikael interrupted his down time informing him the bad news about father being at the police.

"Look Chey, I would love to sit here and talk all day to you but I got to go. Love you". He hung up, not giving her enough to respond.

₰₰

Donovan's tall, burly figure graced the walls of the police precinct where his dad was held after receiving the horrific news. He felt eyes on him as he stood in waiting for the chief officer, Lopez.

Mayers and Lopez emerged from the holding cells,  meeting Donovan in the front.

"Thank you for making it here so quick". Lopez frantically spoke, leading Donovan to the back.

"What happened?". Donovan questioned. He wasn't up for run around. In fact, he was uninterested in the games his father had to play.

"A horrendous crime occurred at the home one of our officers was held in, Daniel? I'm sure you are familiar with him." Lopez mentioned catching Donovan by surprise.

In actually fact, he had forgotten about all Daniel. He didn't pay much attention to his empty threats. He knew they would die down sooner or later. However he wasn't expecting his father to be involved. What was the correlation?

"Daniel Williams was shot died by Antonio Deluca. He has confessed to the crime and is willing to serve his sentence." He relayed which caught Donovan by surprise however his face remained blank as he took in the information.

His father was willingly giving himself up. Wow. Never thought he would see the day.

"So why did you people call me? The man confessed to the crime and is willing to do the time, now what?". Donovan questioned with his brows furrowed and shoved his hands in his dress pants.

"We were hoping you would convince him not to do it. You know your father and know him best. He has a reputation out there". Lopez pleaded, "I don't want your people coming after us for keeping him detained. He is putting everyone's life at risk here". Lopez explained.

Donovan lazily shrugged, "Look whatever he told you to do, do it. That was an order, right? I have no say in this matter. If he so badly want to pay for his crimes, then let him, no? He is giving himself willinglyand you still want me to convince him otherwise?". He raised his brows in question.

Lopez heavily sighed as they stood outside the room

"Well we will give you some privacy to discuss your business." Lopez stated, walking away.

Donovan twisted the knob of the door and stood by the threshold as he eyed his father who calmly sat in the chair with handcuffs chained to him, without a care in the world.

He took slow strides inside as their eyes connected. Donovan took a seat across the table and placed his hands on the table.

"What the fuck is all this?". He asked with his brows furrowed and a frown etched on his face.

"Paying for my crimes, what else?". Antonio calmly responded.  He knew his time had come and he had already accepted.

"Do you have any idea what kind of problems this will cause for our organization especially at a time like this? Could you be any less selfish". Donovan badgered his father.

They were at war and Donovan needed all his soldiers with him. He could care less about Antonio and Daniel's little feud. He just needed them there.

"Selfish?  I committed a crime and I'm going to pay for it. What do you want to do? Lie to the police? They have the footage and besides,  I knew my time was coming considering the crimes I've orchestrated. They have been building a case against me for quite some time now. This is not being selfish, Donovan ". Antonio professed.

"You could've waited to pull this bull shit ass stunt".  Donovan scoffed.

"If this is about you being able to carry out the mission, you are grown and you can do this. I know you can. You don't need me at all. Papa will be there to help. As for me, I'm doing my time for my crimes." He raised his hands in surrender.

It was his way of saying he was done with the conversation and he didn't want anyone to question his reasons.

He was doing his for himself.

For Donovan.

For Angelo.

And lastly for Lucian.

Even if it was a little too late.

"Whatever man." His calm demeanor was pissing him off further so he decided to leave.

"Good luck on your mission." Donovan heard as he exited the room.

꧁꧂

thoughtss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

809K 38.4K 66
Definitely wouldnt read, buttttttt .... Together they navigate through the treacherous shadows of love. -Liloandrice
10.4K 376 30
COMPLETED. PART ONE. Living from one hell to the next...or is it?
858K 40.5K 37
i have waited lifetimes to find you.
5.4K 393 9
infatuation /ΙͺnˌfatjʊˈeΙͺΚƒn/ noun an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something. first it was infatuation, then it was lov...