Electric Pulsations ║Tracer x...

By Carladesu

You were a bio-engineere and science in the electric and plants field until an accident happened making you h... More

Author Note
Chapter 1: Failed test
Chapter 3: Busy Morning
Chapter 4: Electric guns
Chapter 5: Rio de Janeiro! Here we come!
Chapter 6: Nuclear core
Chapter 7: Celebration
Chapter 8: After party
Chapter 9: Toronto liberation
SPECIAL: Xmas in London
Chapter 10. Mother

Chapter 2: Welcome to the team

74 5 5
By Carladesu

You awoke to an indistinct alarm ringing, its source eluding you.

"Good morning, everyone," echoed a voice through the speaker, a facility-wide message. "Breakfast is already set on the table in the canteen; freshly baked pancakes with maple syrup." Your stomach growled in response; hunger pangs reminded you that you hadn't been given anything to eat yesterday.

The door opened once again, and Angela was there, accompanied by a "Gorilla?!" You screamed in shock.

"Well, at least she didn't call me a monkey. I'm Winston, a pleasure to meet you," he said in a deep, non-serious voice.

"You can speak?!" you exclaimed.

"Indeed," he replied.

Oh, well this is already a weird day you thought to yourself. Wait, Winston? Is he the scientist Lena was talking about? You thought for yourself.

"Y/n, Winston has been working on this machine for you" said Angela while showing a device in a table "This is going to help you control the electricity you produce" she said in a reassuring way.

Two hours later, they managed to put the machine on you without electrocuting anyone. It consisted of various parts: a small kind of vest, even though it looked more like a backpack, similar to Lena's but with a small storage unit for electricity behind it. There were gloves to prevent accidental electrocution, temporary until you could control your body's electricity. Behind your ears, they placed small antennae so you could release and grab electricity as needed, although you still didn't know how to use it. At least, you were finally out of that hamster ball, and that was a relief in itself.

"It works!" said Winston proud "Try touching the television screen" the tv was on with the news channels, you were afraid that you might break it but that didn't happen, it was fine, you touched and nothing happened excited you hugged Angela and Winston.

"Thank you a lot, for real!" you said sincerely and happily.

"There is something we want to ask you Y/n" said Angela and followed by that Winston started speaking

"You might not know this but having the ability to control electricity might be a great power and it might also be a great for our team, we would like you to join to overwatch" he said, you thought about it.Lena already told you that it might be a possibility so you where thinking it last night, as much you would love to join this group of heros you had responsibilities in your current job.

"What will happen with my old job? I mean, in theory I have a work already" you said.

Angela answered "Well, I guess you still don't know but there's a lawsuit going on to the company you were working on, after they tested on you the news reporters got the hang of the story and discovered that Robert was also testing with other people and animals but they all died." you were in shock, Robert? He was your coworker and boss. You didn't know any of that.

"You are the only one that survived, Robert or anyone else don't know you are alive, just you mom, she was there in time and called me to pick you up, and so I did" she said, how did your mom know about Angela and her? You didn't tell her about the experiment. How could she contact overwatch, you still have to call her so you ask her later.

"That's why we thought you could join us, you would adopt a new nickname and we would train you, you will be safe of exterior corrupt parties, except when we have to fight, but you won't at least have to deal with that rouged company anymore" she gave you a smile waiting for your answer.

"I will join" you said quickly, you don't have anything to lose, everything you knew was work in the laboratory where you thought the work was made safely without any animal or human harmfull testing that was dangerous. You want to take revenge on Robert, that bastard almost killed you after all.

Finally, after some discussion, you emerged from the medical room and got a glimpse of the rest of the facility. Angela and Winston guided you through the expansive complex, revealing numerous rooms; laboratories, mechanics, an interior garden, a gym, and much more.

"I hope you don't mind y/n but we don't have enough rooms right now, do you mind staying with someone else?" Angela ask.

"I'm fine with it, we are grown adult so there shouldn't be a problem with it" you respond.

"Lovely, then here is your card" she gave you the room card "oh, you will be staying with Tracer, she's a sweetheart, but if there's any problem just tell us and we will arrange a room with someone else" she told you "cya, I have some work to do, your room is the last one in this hallway, you won't get lost I promise" she smiled at you.

"Thank you Angela, bye!" you smiled back and walked the long hallway wondering who Tracer was, you were now in front of the door and you swipe the card to open the door.

Entering the room, you found it spacious with two queen-sized beds positioned opposite each other. One bed was adorned in orange, and the other in white. You deduced that the white one was meant to be yours, devoid of any distinct color or pattern. You contemplated changing the sheet's color when you had the means.

The room boasted a large window panel offering a breathtaking view of the Mediterranean sea. Gibraltar's beauty had always captivated you, having been a resident there for as long as you could remember. Further inspection revealed two different wardrobes, two desktops; one neat and empty, the other cluttered with scattered paper, notebooks, and more. The lone bathroom, equipped with both a shower and a bath, also offered a scenic view of the sea. Surprisingly, it even housed a bidet, a feature you hadn't encountered in a while.

Returning to the bed, the realization struck that you were still in patient attire. You checked the wardrobe next to the white-sheeted bed, only to find it empty. It seemed a shopping trip for clothes was in order, or perhaps retrieving some from your apartment.

Turning your attention to the other wardrobe, presumably belonging to your yet-to-be-met roommate, you opened it to examine the clothing inside.

"I hope she doesn't mind it," you whispered to yourself, selecting a peach-colored tank top and some brown, tight leggings. Unfortunately, the leggings turned out to be too small, prompting you to discard them carefully.

In that very moment, someone entered the room, leaving you clad only in the shirt you had chosen and your black underwear.

"Omg! I'm so, so-sorry!" the familiar British voice apologized hastily as the door closed again rapidly. You recognized the voice, it was that energetic girl from yesterday.

"Lena?" you asked uncertainly.

"Ya', that's me," she responded from the other side of the door.

"You can enter; I don't mind. We are both girls and adults," you laughed. She opened the door slowly, her face completely red, and she avoided eye contact while turning around to close the door. "What are you doing here, anyway?" you asked as you found another pair of shorts in your roommate's wardrobe, this one a better fit, perhaps due to the material.

"This is also my room," she glanced at you and noticed you were now dressed.

"Your room? Wait, I should be sharing a room with someone called Tracer, you know her?" you looked at her, puzzled, and she burst into a small fit of laughter.

"Tracer? That's me, luv, that's my code name" she stopped laughing and smiled at you.

"Code name? Oh, I didn't think of that, does everyone here go by code names?" you sat on your bed looking at Lena.

"Not everyone but most of us ya' " she explained "for example Angela is Mercy, you want a code name too, luv?" she sat on the other bed opposite of yours.

"Well that sounds fun, I wouldn't mind" you said with a smile "I wouldn't know how to decide tho, im bad with those things".

Tracer started giving you different nicknames ideas: Electric, Thunder, Bolt, Electron, Voltage, Spark, Ignition and way more, all related to electricity but you weren't sure of any of those they sound more as pet names than hero names.

"Amber" she said finally, like your amber conductor, it sounds nice and easy to remember.

"I like that one" you said.

"Then there you go, luv, that's your new nickname now!" she said happily "also, hm, why do you have my clothes on?" she asked, a bit blushed.

"Oh, right, yeah sorry, I don't have any of my own," you pointed at the big empty wardrobe on your side "I was thinking of buying new clothes or getting the ones in my apartment" you told.

"You can use mine for now, luv, just don't steal them" she laughed at you.

Athena voice started speaking over the speakers once again.

"Dinner is ready, today there is smashed potatoes with spinach and sausages" you wanted to speak more with Lena but looks you both were going to dinner, together you walked out of the room and Lena showed you the way to the canteen and dining room, that where basically the same. There were a lot of people you didn't know.

You sat between Lena and a brown haired asian looking girl with glasses she was thinking deeply disconnected of her sorroundings until Winstyon spoke.

"Hello everyone" said Winston "Today we got our new recruit y/n" he said happily while looking at you and everyone else watched you.

"Hello everyone, I'm y/n a pleasure to meet you all" you said a bit shy with all those eyes on you.

Winston resumed the conversation, prompting everyone to introduce themselves. The girl next to you was Mei, the one in front was Genji, Angela was beside him, and Echo, though not eating, was present. Brigitte and Reinhardt were also there, among others. It was a gathering of new faces, and everyone was welcoming and friendly, some more talkative than others.

After the meal, most people headed to their rooms, while others remained for work. Lena had gone somewhere without mentioning where. With nothing specific to do, you started strolling back to your room.

As you walked down the corridor, someone collided with your back. Turning around, you found the girl who had sat next to you during dinner, Mei, if you remembered correctly.

"Bù ho y si" she said while grabbing her glasses from the floor, they must have felt when she crushed on your back "y/n, right?" you nodded "Sorry I crushed in to you, i was thinking about a way I could make my gun have more capacity" she said still thinking. Maybe that's why she was concentrated on the dinner.

"It's okay, you alright?" you answered while she cleaned her glasses and put them back on.

"Yes I am, thanks" she said happily "How you doing with Tracer?"

"She has been very sweet, she's a bit of a good ball" you answered laughing a bit.

Mei laughted back.

"If you don't mind I'm going to sleep already" you were in front of your room now, you yawned "You have to show me that gun of yours one day" you said and she happily nodded it and she went to the door opposite to yours, opening and entering inside.

You swiped the card once again, and when you finally entered, the exhaustion from the day overwhelmed you. Collapsing onto the bed, everything felt surreal, and you succumbed to sleep.

They had advised against removing your gear while sleeping due to the high electricity your body generated since you couldn't control it still, which could potentially cause malfunctions in nearby electronics. It was a bit uncomfortable, as lying on your back was not an option, forcing you to sleep sideways.

________________

Tracer stepped outside with a jacket, laying down on the grass to gaze at the stars and satellites overhead. Despite the lack of clouds, a bit of nearby light pollution hindered a clear view of most stars.

She was thrilled to have you as her roommate, having convinced Mercy to allow it due to the limited rooms available. Tracer had been a huge fan of your work, especially since the day you developed a water solution where electricity couldn't travel and plants that could be used as a source of light—this was about three years ago. Lena admired your commitment to creating green energy sources, a pressing need in the current age.

She chuckled at her own misconception, thinking you were taller, only to find out you were actually shorter than her.

Suddenly, her mind flashed back to when she accidentally walked in on you in just your underwear and her tank top. A blush crept onto her face as she covered it with her hands, rolling around in the grass. The unexpected sight of your curves, and the realization that you weren't wearing a bra under the shirt, had made her quite nervous. After a minute or two, she managed to calm herself down.

"Time to go to bed" she said to the sky. And that's when she started walking back to the shared room, she slide the card and saw you sleeping on the bed without any blanket, you were on top of it, almost shaking of cold, Tracer grabbed her blanket and placed it on top of you, she smiled to herself "sweet dreams, luv" whispered. And she went to her bed without a blanket but using a small quilt for herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 399 19
Our mission is the same - to protect. He wanted to keep a secret from society as I tried to protect society from their secrets. He is in Blackwatch...
47.4K 1K 27
This is not SU related because i'm slowly drifting away from the fandom since it's inactive but never mind that. Lena has broken up with her innocent...
48.7K 1K 14
You wanted a monster...now you have one. We were told a legend long ago by my father....that there were more than just the north and south dragons. T...
13.8K 726 23
Genji has worked for Blackwatch ever since he was murdered by his own brother, being one of their highest ranking officers. However, after Genji make...