Tough Love

By KentroKreations

Life on Nova Terra has been perfect for the Decepticons, but as former criminals, karma is right around the c... More

ONLY ONE OF FOUR
BACK ON THE BACKWATER
DILEMMA
POOR BEE
HEART TO SPARK
FROM ONE THING TO THE NEXT
A RETURNING NIGHTMARE
INTERLUDE 1
OUT OF THE SHADOWS
PUTTING THE PIECES TOGETHER
THE HAUNTING
OUTLIER
INTERLUDE 2
THEY KNOW WHAT THEY KNOW
Day In Day Out
WHAT A NIGHT

THE NEXT CHAPTER

102 2 2
By KentroKreations

The minute Bumblebee heard the news, he bridged from Earth to Cybertron, meeting Knockout on his way to Nova Terra. They exchange a brief greeting as they rush through the portal and enter Comet, the planet's main communications outpost.

"Oh, good, you're here!" Octane stressed, his frame tense with nerves. "When I heard that Moonracer was unavailable, I started to panic! You have no idea how happy you've just made me!"

The triple-changer grabbed each mech by the arm and led them away.

"Octane, what's going on? Is everything alright?" Bumblebee asked, struggling to keep up.

"Oh scrap!" Octane cursed, turning back around and heading for the front door. "I forgot, Sandstorm's gonna kill me if I bring in a non-medic!"

He didn't wait for the door to fully open before shoving Bumblebee outside.

"Ow," Bumblebee grunted as he face-planted. Releasing a vent, he pushed himself to his knees.

"I know you're busy, but you could've been a bit gentler."

"Yer just talkin' to yourself, ya know."

Bumblebee startled and turned to his left, where Thunderhoof, Saberhorn, and Underbite – with Fracture and his minicons lounging on top – were lined up alongside the building.

"What's going on with Saberhorn?" Bumblebee asked, noticing the Insecticon recharging among a pile of data pads.

"Sandstorm told Steeljaw that he shouldn't be working and stressing himself out, not good for the sparkling or something, so Saberhorn's taken on his workload," Underbite explained.

"Fella's been running ragged ever since," Fracture commented.

"Speaking of Steeljaw..." Bumblebee started.

"No news," Thunderhoof interrupted.

"What about his brother?"

Underbite and Fracture scoffed and rolled their optics.

"He got a job and had to leave," Thunderhoof stiffly replied.

That surprised Bumblebee. Phantomjaw promised that he wouldn't leave his brother's side. Now he's off planet doing who knows what?

"And before yous ask for details, ya ain't gettin' any. He doesn't discuss jobs."

"That makes sense, for his line of work," Bumblebee admitted, not at all happily.

"I don't know why yous are upset. It ain't like this job of his is goin' to take long. Couple weeks at most."

Bumblebee tilted his helm.

"How do you know that?" He asked.

"Haven't you heard? Big bad mob boss here fell for Steeljaw's brother!" Underbite mused, elbowing Thunderhoof.

"Of course an Autobot wouldn't know, Underbite," Fracture pointed out, patting the Chompazoid's flank. "They're too busy with the boring stuff to bother paying attention to an Ex-Con rumor mill."

"Rumor mill?" Knockout inquired, suddenly appearing. "What rumors? Can I hear them? Please, I've been dying for worthwhile gossip forever, and with 'Cons comes primo info!"

"Knockout! How's Steeljaw? Did the operation go well?" Bumblebee fretted.

"Whoa, calm down, Bee! Everything is perfectly fine! Octane can relax, Sandstorm can sleep, and Steeljaw and Ramulus are in full protective parent mode so I highly suggest that you don't try to see any of them at this time."

"Good, good! That's good!"

"What about the pup?" Fracture and Underbite asked simultaneously.

Knockout smiled.

***

His systems were taxed. His entire frame hurt, and the wrap around his abdomen was extremely uncomfortable, but it was there to keep rust particles and other harmful substances from entering and making a mess of his innards. For now, he will ignore it, in light of more important things.

"You did amazing, Steel," Ramulus praised from beside his mate.

"I always do, Ram," Steeljaw tiredly chuckled, looking fondly at their newborn through clouded optics. He reached over and bestowed a loving lick on a lump of soft, gray proto-matter.

"Get some rest, Steel, you deserve it," Ramulus urged. "I promise, I won't let anything happen while I'm watching."

Steeljaw wanted to argue. He wanted to stay awake. He didn't want his sparkling out of his sight, but Ramulus was right. He is exhausted. He won't be of any use if he doesn't rest and recover his strength. Steeljaw trusts Ramulus to protect them, and quickly succumbs to recharge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.9K 2.4K 40
After living a peaceful and somewhat slacker life Cale passed away in old age. Only to wake up as a child in another world. Cale was now Sam Witwicky...
337K 16.7K 40
It's been three months since former enforcer Amaranthe Lokdon and the notorious assassin Sicarius thwarted kidnappers and saved the emperor's life. T...
968 24 13
Born in a family of happiness, but when my mother passed away what happens now? I'm left with my canine friend, the last friend I have left. What hap...
21.8K 421 21
Bumblebee had been captured by the Decepticons. The cons had erased his memories and somehow turned him into an Algoranian. An Algoranian is a Cybert...