AWKWARD | ( p.wonbin )✓

By derysaurus

why is it that every time we encounter, something embarrassing always happens. ꒰ completed ꒱ ꗃ brothers best... More

♪♬ - prologue
one
two
three
four
Five
Six
seven
Eight
nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
special thanks 🤍!
bonus 1
bonus 2
bonus 3
bonus 4
bonus 5
happy wonbin day 💙
bonus 6
bonus 7
bonus 8
Final

Fourteen

952 43 55
By derysaurus

"Yejunnnnnnnn I'm so sorry!!" Ningning cried as both Yejun and Gaeul looked at her weirdly and in confusion. What was she apologising for?
"Why are you saying sorry all of a sudden?" Yejun questions her.
"Because I won't be able to go to the amusement park with you this Saturday. They moved mine and Gaeul's tennis match to this upcoming Saturday. Huaaa, and I was excited as well to try the new haunted house escape room with you!!" The Chinese girl wailed.
"I forgot that you and Yejun made a promise to go to the amusement park this week." Says Gaeul as she felt sorry for them.

"Ya who am I supposed to go to the amusement park with? I cant just waste the extra ticket, they were expensive." Yejun murmurs. She wasn't entirely sad that Ningning couldn't make it since their tennis match was far more important then their hangout. She was more sad because they spent so much on the tickets, say goodbye to the wasted money if she can't find someone who could go there with her 🥲🥲

"I don't knoww. Try asking your brother if he wants to go with you. But Sungchan is kind of an ass, so I doubt that he'd want to go with you." Ningning suggested.
"He's going on a date with his girlfriend this Saturday, so he's an immediate pass." Yejun was quick to answer.
"How about Kaylee or Ji-ho?" Gaeul asks.
"Kaylee is afraid of amusement park rides and Ji-ho is going out of town this weekend to visit his relatives. I'm hopeless,  I don't even have any other friends besides the two of you." She sighs. Already admitting defeat.
"If I could ditch my tennis match then I would. I'd rather go on rides then play in the sun for hours." Says Ningning as she whines. Still sad that she wasn't able to come along.
"I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to go with you Yejun. Try asking one of your brothers friends if they'd want to go with you." Gaeul reassures.
"You're making it seem as if my brothers friends are my friends as well." She laughs bitterly. But Gaeul did have a point.

What if she asks Wonbin to go with her.....

♩♬

Yejun was now back home. She was laying down on her bed as she stares at her phone. Still wondering whether she should ask Wonbin if he wanted to go with her to the amusement park or not. What was she being so scared for? It wasn't like she was asking a stranger to go out with her. He was her boyfriend for gods sake. It shouldn't even be this difficult to decide whether she wanted to go with him or not.

"You know what, fuck it." Yejun curses before turning on her phone and opening her chat with Wonbin.

princess wonbin

Wonbinnnn |
Are you free right now? |

| when am I never free 🤨?

like always |

| well yeah that is true
| but I'm always free for you though :P

(,,••,,) |

| where do you get those cute emoticons wth
| I want to use them too, emojis are ugly 😢
| like do you see this shit 😢😢 it doesn't convey my feelings well 😢😢😢

STOPP 😭|

| 😢😢😢

I'm always getting off track whenever I talk to you ( •̀_•́) |

| TELL ME HOW TO GET EMOTICONS AND ILL STOP DISTRACTING YOU 😢

stop using that emoji first, I'm gonna cry |

| 😢😢

* you attached a link |
Here's the link |

| YAYY
| ok you can continue with what you wanted to say :>

I wanted to ask if you're free this Saturday |

| didn't I say that I'm always free for you?
| so yes I'm free this Saturday
| why'd you askkk

well I was wondering if you wanted to go to an amusement park with me. I have an extra ticket since Ningning couldn't come due to her schedule|
So I was wondering if you wanted to come with me instead|
(Pls say yes, the tickets were so expensive
( n) |

| are you asking me out on a date

maybe =͟͟͞͞ ( ‧̣̥̇) |

| (⃙⃘‾᷄ v ‾⃙⃘᷅)
| ‧₊˚() ‧₊˚
| (>\\<)
| (˵ ''˵ )

HELP HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA |
You're so cute 😭|

| _:(''」∠):_
| it's a date then? If it is then I'll come along

Yesss, it's a date |

| 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
| actually using emojis is easier
| great, should I come pick you up. Hmm wait what if Sungchan hyung see's my car. I'd be dead meat 💀
| god I'm too young to diee, it's too early, I haven't even taken Yejun out on a date yet

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 |
dw he's going out on a date with Jin-ae on Saturday as well. You can come pick me up at around 1pm |
He'd already be gone by then |

| okayyy
| Saturday 1pm, Yejun and Wonbin's first official date 🕺🏻🕺🏻🫰🏼🫰🏼💗‼️‼️‼️

IM BANNING YOU FROM USING EMOJIS |

| ( ̯ )

° 🎧✮

Saturday | 1PM

"Mom I'll be leaving now. I'll be back before 8 the latest. Byee!" Yejun exclaims before running out of the house. She didn't want her mom questioning where she was going and who she was going with.

When she had left the house, Yejun was able to see Wonbin's car parked right outside of their porch. The girl smiling to herself before going over to him. As she got near the car, the lad had slid down the window so he was able to see her.

"Hi." He greeted whilst having that ravishing smile on his face. She could somehow sense that he was a bit nervous just by that unnatural smile that he was flashing.
"You seem a bit nervous." She points out as he immediately frowns. Sad that she was able to sense it that fast.
"To be honest. Amusement parks aren't my thing. I'm afraid of those really extreme rides." He confesses as she looks at him in surprise.

Well that was a surprise. Wonbin really needs to stop putting this cool guy act because he made it seem believable that he wasn't scared of anything. First she finds out that he can't watch anything related to horror, and now she finds out that he can't ride anything too extreme? Park Wonbin you are so interesting.

"Then why did you agree on wanting to come with me if you're afraid?" She replies as she smiles at him softly. "We could just change our date and do something normal." Yejun suggested as he shakes his head a no.
"You seemed really excited and you spent so much money on the tickets, I didn't want to say no. Besides, it's just the scary rides that I don't like, everything else in the amusement park should be fine." He reassures her.
She went over to the passenger side and entered the car.

"Are you sure?" Yejun tried to make sure as Wonbin nods his head.
"Yes I'm sure! It shouldn't be that bad, and I'm not that much of a loser." He says determined as she lets out a chuckle before putting on her seatbelt.
"Alright then, I gave you an alternative and you made your decision. You can't bail out now." She tells him as he just nods hesitantly.
He was fucked, wasn't he?

𓂃꙳⋆ ˖

"Which ride do you want to go on first?" Yejun asks. She had her arms around his as she looks at him with a wide grin on her face.
He looked absolutely horrified.
"None of them." He immediately answers whilst continuously shaking his head in fear.
"Oh come on Wonbin. You can't bail out after we've just arrived." She chimes as he looks around the place before reluctantly looking at her.
"Let's go to the merry go round!" He suggested as she frowns.
"Seriously? We should go there last, save the best ride for last."

"How about I initiate a deal with you!" She says as he raises a brow in curiosity.
"What type of deal?" Wonbin questions.
"If you go on two rides with me, I'll give you a reward. You can have anything you want." She initiated as he thought about it for a few minutes.
"A reward.... I can ask for anything that I want than?" He says, trying to make sure that his ears weren't deceiving him.
"Yes, as long as it's not anything weird." Yejun confirms.
"Ok. Alright then, I'll go on two rides with you. If I end up dying then it's your responsibility. Invite everyone to my funeral and play Siren so everyone would remember me." He says as she could just shake her head in disbelief before dragging him to the direction of the first ride.
"You're so dramatic Princess." Yejun laughs as the sides of his lips tugs upwards.
"I'd like to be the prince in this relationship and not the princess for your information!"

...

"On second thoughts, this is a bad fucking idea. I think my soul is about to fly out of my body." He says as he gulps in fear, looking at the surrounding of the amusement park as he was at the top of the roller coaster. He still didn't understand how he suddenly ended up here, nor did he understand how Yejun was able to convince him to even get on this fucking ride 😭

"It's a bit too late now to just jump out and save yourself." She laughs as he looks at her in hysteric.
"I'm going to be seeing god himself after this rideeee-" Wonbin wasn't able to finish his sentence as the ride had dropped down and what was left was his screams.
He clutches onto Yejun's hands as he had his eyes closed shut whilst screams never stopped coming out of his mouth.

* two rides later
"See it wasn't that bad, you survived." Says Yejun as the two of them had walked out of the food stalls. The girl treating him to some food to refill his energy because he looked like a ghost after riding those two rides.
He side eyes her before taking a bite of his churros.
"Yejun I'm a victim. I'm never doing that ever again even if someone offered me one million won to ride a rollercoaster." He says in exhaustion.
"Well you're brave. You conquered your fears princess, well... barely. But that's a step forward." She stated.

He finished his churros before throwing the empty wrapper in the nearest trash can.

"Is it time for my reward yet?" He asks as the two of them stood under a tree to protect themselves from the sunlight.
She hums in reply.
"Hmm yeah, you can ask for your reward at any given time."
"Alright then, I'll ask for the reward now before we go on the merry-go-round." He says.
"What do you want-" She was about to ask but wasn't able to finish speaking when he held onto the side of her face and pulled her in for a kiss.

No wonder why they were resting under a tree, because they were shielded away from the rest of the people who were also present.

Her eyes widens and when he lets her go, she could see him grinning widely. Wonbin watches as Yejun's face gradually started to turn red.

"Let's go to the merry-go-round now!!" The lad cheered before taking a hold of her hands and dragging her there.

✩°。 ⋆⸜ 🎧✮

It was 5pm now and the amusement park had gotten really busy and crowded. Wonbin and Yejun were now inside the souvenir shop as they were looking at the headbands. Deciding which ones to buy so they could have matching headbands hehehe.

"I want the cat. It's cute." Wonbin stated as he held a headband of a black cat and placed it on his head as he checks himself out in the mirror.
"The dog ones are cute. Look this one matches my hair." Yejun says as she took the headband of the golden dog.

The two of them stared at each other. Debating which animal they should eliminate.

"Hmm how about we get both. You know what they say, opposite attracts right. We can be the cat and dog duo." Wonbin yammers as Yejun agrees with his idea.
"It's making me look like the golden retriever and you're the black cat. But I feel like we're both black cats if I'm being honest." She muttered.

The two of them then made their way to the front to pay for their headbands. As they were paying, they somehow wouldn't be expecting to be met with another pair of couples there.

"Junnie?" That nickname being called out made both Yejun and Wonbin freeze in place. They glanced at each other. Having the 'we're fucked.'/'We're busted' look.

They then looked behind to see Sungchan standing there with his girlfriend Jin-ae besides him.
He looked at them peculiarly. Wondering what the two of them were doing together.

Oh these two losers were cold sweating so hard right now.

"Sungchan what are you and Jin-ae doing here? I thought you guys were going to the new art exhibition for your date?" Yejun asks, letting out an awkward laugh at the end.
Whilst she did the talking, Wonbin was busy paying for their headbands.
"We did. But then Jin-ae wanted to visit the amusement park so we came here after that." Her brother asks. Yejun reverting her attention to the said girl as the older girl sweetly smiled at her.
At least Sungchan's girlfriend was with him, so she didn't feel threatened or scared to be confronted by her brother.

"Hi Yejun. It's been a long time since I've seen you." The older girl greeted as Yejun smiles at her.
"The same goes to you. Busy schedule and Sungchan always hog's you to himself, I can barely even say hi when I see you." Yejun replies as her brother rolls his eyes before wrapping a hand around his girlfriends shoulder.
"I do not hog her all to myself?" He says offended as Yejun stares at him in disgust.
"Ew yes you do, you simp."
Jin-ae could just shake her head in disbelief as she laughs at them. She got used to these two siblings bickering all the time.

"Um more important question, what are you and Wonbin doing here all alone? I thought you were coming to the amusement park with Ningning." Her brother finally asks the question as he looks at her with a brow raised.
"She wasn't able to come because they moved her tennis tournament to today, and none of my other friends could come so I asked Wonbin if he wanted to come instead." She answers him.

Pls pls pls stop asking me questions brother.

"As in a date between the two of you?" Her brother further asked as Yejun immediately denied.
"No as in a hangout. Is it wrong if a girl hangs out alone with a guy."
"Since when did you and Wonbin started becoming besties all of a sudden?" He asks weirded out.
"You're the one who told us to get along since we're the same age hyung." Wonbin finally speaks after he was done paying for their headbands.

He hands Yejun's one over to her as she gave him a little thanks before placing it on top of her head.

"Oh yeah that is true. You guys acted like you were strangers." Her brother stated as he bought their lie.
"We should all go to the new haunted house escape room since we're all here together!" Jin-ae suggested as both guys looks at her in terror.

"God no please."
"Absolutely not!"
They said in unison.

The two girls looking at each other as a sly grin appeared on their faces.

♩♬

Wonbin was stuck in another situation where he was wondering how him and Sungchan had managed to be able to get dragged into the haunted house. He must have blacked out and somehow ended up in the line waiting to come inside the escape room.

One thing that he knew for sure was that him and Sungchan might have a chance at escaping the room because of the girls, but his soul would not have escaped with him and would be stuck inside the haunted house.

"Why the hell does it get dark so early during the winter." Sungchan whines. He was absolutely not having it.
"Calm down will you. At least we're not doing this escape room at midnight where actual ghosts might appear." Jin-ae nags as Sungchan's eyes only widens in fear as he looks at her appalled.
"Jin-ae don't say that!!"

"Gosh you and my brother are such scaredy cats." Yejun chimes as Wonbin could just stare at the ground as he rocks his body.
"Is there even anything that you're afraid off?" Wonbin asks as he tries to get his mind off from imagining whatever monster there might be inside the escape room.
"I'm scared of spiders." She answers him.
"Well I hope that there are plenty of big spiders inside there to scare you. Hope one jumps on you." He retorted as she frowns at him.
"If there were indeed spiders inside, then I won't be able to save you. I might run for my life and leave you behind." She shrugs her shoulders as he looks at her sternly.
"I'm sorry. Don't leave me behind. I hope there aren't any spiders inside." He apologises in fear as she could just laugh at him.

"Alright. The next group could you get ready to enter." The workers exclaims as Yejun and the rest got ready to enter the haunted house.
"Is it too late to run for my life?" Sungchan questions.
"I can run away right now and none of you would be able to catch me since I'm a track runner." Wonbin muttered.
"Nope the two of you aren't allowed to run. We're about to go inside now." Jin-ae stated. The two girls then pulling onto their arms as they entered.

Let's just say that it was a chaotic ride trying to escape from there. Sungchan had his arms around his girlfriends waist as he didn't even open his eyes once throughout the whole experience.
I couldn't say the same about Wonbin. He was desperately clutching onto Yejun's arms as he wouldn't stop screaming for his life. He'd scream at any given opportunity, even when one of the workers had opened the door to the exit when they had finally reached the end of the escape room.

"That wasn't that bad." Sungchan stated once they had finally escaped.
"You didn't even open your eyes. *sigh you basically experienced nothing." Jin-ae sighs in defeat.
"I think Wonbin's soul left his body. He hasn't said anything ever since we left." Yejun spoke as she shakes Wonbin's arms. The lad staring blankly, seeming done with life right now. His hair was disheveled and messy, and his face was absolutely pale.

"We should probably get some food, that'll bring him back to life." Sungchan suggested as they all agreed.

ꔛ‬𖤐˒˒

——
hi here's a long chapter for all of you (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵). I wanted to apologise for the previous chapter where I just suddenly made Yejun confess to Wonbin. It made it seem kind of rushed HKSHSKS :(.

Tbh I planned the confession scene to be more intimate. Less talking and more action but I didn't want to write it out bec I was embarrassed 😁 so whatever draft I intended to write is stuck in my head and you're all stuck with this other alternative LOL. I'm sorry 😞 I cannot write heated moments, maybe when I start losing my shame I'll be able to write it 🌝 I'll just let all of you imagine what I wanted the confession scene to be 😁😁

Also if you want to know more about Sungchan and Jin-ae they have their own book called lowkey. Read at your own risk because I wrote it three years ago and it might be like super cringe 😁😁 maybe if I have free time I'll be able to rewrite and edit it. That is all that I wanted to say, we only have five chapters left before the book is done, congrats if you've managed to read all the authors note. Author putri signing out 🫡🫡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 5.2K 44
❝Magic can do many strange things.❞ ©DONGHYUQUE , 2020
235K 8.5K 33
juvenile - a kim sunwoo fanfiction LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT: "the court hear by sentences that sunwoo kim, will face up to 6 months a...
5.2K 300 77
kim seungyeon dreams of becoming an idol and will do whatever it takes, even if that means disguising and living as a boy. during her journey, she me...
31.9K 1.9K 15
you give me a reason something to believe in a liu yangyang short story inspired by the song homesick by dua lipa