Rich and Alone

By thewiseone12

Phoebe Evans has everything that any girl could even want. Her parents are rich and CEOs of some rich company... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 12

6 1 0
By thewiseone12

Phoebe's POV

I ran to the bathroom. There was no point though. I had red paint caked all over me. There was no point trying to save the clothes as they were covered. I washed my hands and face and sighed. I was glad that I wasn't wearing my favourite hoodie or jeans.

I can't believe that no one said anything, not even the teacher. She just stood there and watched Becca insult me and she coated me in paint but do you think that Becca go told off for anything? I didn't go back to art. I left the school and walked home.

Michael stared at me as I walked in the door.

"I didn't realise red paint was a fashion statement," he teased.

"Neither did I but clearly Becca is more skilled in fashion," I smirked as I was headed upstairs.

I binned the clothes before stepping into the shower. The warmth felt nice and it helped me wash away the thoughts of the day. I heard the door to my room open and I guessed that it was Ryan so I hurried up and quickly changed.

It was Zoe instead. She had her back to me, looking at the desk and the paper on it. She turned around and looked at me. I knew that my hair was still slightly streaked with red but I didn't really mind as it wasn't that noticeable anymore.

She looked stressed. You couldn't notice it at first. She looked normal in jeans and jacket and her hair was pulled back into a tight bun. Her eyes green eyes didn't look as bright as usual. More of a murky green rather than an emerald green.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to see if you were alright," she said.

"Maybe you should have asked when I was in the class," I snapped.

"I didn't know how to stand up to Becca," she muttered.

"Clearly, you don't even know Becca. Now fuck off before I get someone to drag you away," I snapped.

She looked shocked but she did leave which I was thankful for. I sat down at the desk and sighed.

The door opened again but this time it was my Mother. I should have guessed that she would be here. It is Christmas morning and I haven't gone downstairs yet. Ryan had left a couple of minutes ago after we exchanged presents. He gave me a bracelet with a bunch of charms on it. It was the most meaningful present I had ever got.

Mother dragged me down so that we could exchange presents like we cared about each other. I received more dresses and makeup that I shoved into the back of my cupboard until Mother dragged me some dance.

"Phoebe, please go and get ready. We are going out to lunch in an hour and you have to ready," Mother ordered.

I gladly escaped even if it meant that I had to get dressed up. I picked out a blue dress. The bodice was tight and had small silver stars. The skirt comes out slightly. It has layers of different colours making it look like the sea. I kept Ryan's bracelet clipped to my wrist and I looked through the rest of my jewellery.

I pulled out a chain with a single star on it. I pulled the front part of my hair into a pony tail and made sure that the rest was tidy. I slipped blue heels on and walked downstairs. My Father was already there and my Mother and Sister stumbled in moments later.

My sister was in a rose pink dress. It was very tight and looked like it was impossible to walk in. My Mother was in a sleek black dress that clearly showed of her curves. I trudged out and sat down next to my sister in the car.

I noticed that Ryan was already there. He was standing next moth his parents and his younger sister Jessi. He was in a black suit with a dark blue tie that is the same colour as Jessi's dress. My parents made sure to steer me away from Ryan. He noticed me and he gave me a small smile.

"This is one of my workers that help me with his wife and two of his children," my Father said.

I looked up and saw Zoe. She was in an innocent pale pink dress. It came down to her ankles and it wasn't that tight. She looked like she was very lost and in the dress that she was wearing it is very clearly that she didn't usually come to something like this. Zoe looked at me and I gave her a smirk before walking over to Ryan.

"I see that our parents haven't got over whatever they are fighting about," I noted.

"I know and Zoe is here and right now we aren't on speaking terms," I said.

"Still, but then I guess you are stubborn," Ryan teased.

"I don't care. I so wish that I was still at school with you and Tess," I moaned.

"It can't be that bad," he said.

"You saw me coated in red paint and that was a good day on the insult front."

"At least you have me."

"And if my parents have their way I wouldn't have that."

"Come on, I'm hungry, let's get food," Ryan said dragging me away.

I avoided my parents for the rest of the night. Thankfully, Zoe didn't try and talk to me because I would have avoided her as well. My sister was drunk when we came back but my parents didn't care. If it had have been me I would have got lectures for days.

"I can't believe that you would talk to Ryan," Mother said.

I rolled my eyes before putting my headphones in. Of course I could still hear them but my parents don't know that. I listened to them going on and on about how disrespectful that was and I ignored them. Margaret pulled my headphones and pulls them out. I snatch them back.

"I have never met someone so disrespectful," Father snapped.

"Well clearly you haven't meet me, have you?" I asked.

"I thought that you might learn some manners but clearly I was wrong," Mother said.

"Well maybe if you were around and actually treated me like your daughter I might have been since the only thing that you have taught me is to block people out and look how that helped me. I have one friend who you don't even like," I snapped.

"We tried to help you," Mother said.

"Michael, let me out," I said.

He stopped and I pulled the door open. I pulled my shoes off and threw them in the car, hitting Margaret. I pulled the dress off as I was wearing shorts and a tank top.

"I'll see you at home," I snapped slamming the door. I put my headphones back in and started to run. The car moved so that it was beside me.

"Phoebe Evans get in the car and come home," Father roared.

"There is no way I am getting in the car," I snapped still running.

"We are your family," Father yelled.

"My family? You think that you are my family. That is fucked up. The only family I have ever had is Ryan. You are as close to family as aliens from Neptune," I yelled.

Someone must have got out of the car because I felt my arm getting pulled backwards. I spun around and punched my Father straight in the nose. He let go of me as he cupped his nose so that he didn't bleed all over his suit. I took the opportunity to escape.

Unfortunately school came around way too quickly. Suddenly I was back sleeping on my desk in English. I hadn't seen Zoe since that dinner on Christmas Day. She had given up having a conversation with me so she was having a conversation with James and Queen Bitch. Mr Johnson came in and Zoe pretty much skipped to her seat.

"What's got into you? Clearly you have been spend too much time with Queen Bitch Becca," I snapped.

"Just because I'm in a good mood doesn't me that you have to bring it down," Zoe snapped.

"Hey I was just wondering. You don't seem like the type of person to skip across the classroom," I said.

"I went on a date with someone yesterday and it went well," Zoe said.

"So you were slutting around and found someone that will have sex with you."

"That was just plain insulting. I thought you were better than that."

"I could say the same thing about you but then you are friends with Becca."

"Becca is a really kind person."

"If you like getting insulted," I said, picking my phone up stopping the conversation.

"I went on a date with Ryan," Zoe said making me freeze.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Did you see that coming? I have started another story called Dancing in the Rain so updates make be irregular. I am so stressed at the moment. I am very busy every weekend until the holidays in two weeks and I have two days at home then balancing badminton and skiing plus I have something on every day after school. I am currently writing this in French rather than watching a movie but I would much rather be sleeping.

I have a four day badminton tournament in two weeks and I am so going to die of pain. Wish me luck.

Comment and Vote

The Wise One

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.9K 2.4K 20
Aubrey has always played basketball. It's her life. Her passion. What she lives for. One accident and a few days later, she finds herself in a hospit...
1K 66 29
Football player meets figure skater Moving to the middle of nowhere, to a place called Arizona? The desert! Yep, that's my luck. And to top it off, I...
6.2K 203 31
From the early years of her life she has been protected by her family until she thought it was finally time to take care of herself. As a toddler she...
200 1 19
We're just broken kids searching for redemption, using each other to hideaway from the world. Will you hold my hand while I try to fix myself? When s...