Stupidity // Miles-42 X Fem!R...

By TearsinHeart

"So you're the prowler?" I nervously stepped back from Miles, afraid of what he could do. He let out a low ch... More

Introduction
Terrible Day / A Stupid Party
Embarrassment.
Office Visit.
Third Time
Awkward Dinner/Another Party.
The Mall.
The Prowler.
Study Session / Snack Run.
Chips.
Breakfast Date (ish)
Rivalry.
Attack / She's back.
Skipping Class
Janitors closet
Stalker / Groceries.
Newfound abilities
Couch
Absent / Normal
Test
Together / Suit
Sick
No Moments Alone
Shoot
Unwanted Company.
Long Conversation.

Improving

6.5K 159 417
By TearsinHeart

~☆~☆~

I slipped out of Y/Ns window and sighed deeply.

Why am I the way that I am?

I looked down at the pavement on the ground and saw slight remains of blood from her father.

Which reminds me.

-

"DUDE ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?!" I yelled at my uncle. He was chilling on the couch in his apartment, acting like nothing was wrong.

"Child, don't give me that attitude." He mumbled. He glanced up from his phone and raised his eyebrow at me. "Is this about that guy I shot? He's no one serious. Thought he was looking out for kids, 's all."

I huffed out some hair and clenched my teeth together to refrain from yelling at my uncle. "Look at the fucking news. You've been on your phone but haven't seen the news?"

Uncle Aaron sighed and grabbed his remote. When he clicked on the TV, the news channel popped up and continued to talk about the situation.

"Darryl, is it confirmed that the Prowler was seen fleeing from the scene?

Yes, Francine. You've heard it here, folks. The notorious Prowler shot and potentially killed a father by the name of F/N L/N. We send our condolences out to the family.

More updates on the situation are coming."

"L/N? So you saying that I shot Mrs. L/N's husband?? Meaning I also shot Y/N's dad??!" Uncle Aaron stood up from the couch and eyed me down. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Because I was with Y/N!" I grabbed my face and groaned. The audacity of this man?

"Man.. I-I,.. I seriously didn't know. How is Mrs. L/N? How is she holding up?" He sat back into the couch and sighed.

I pulled my hands away from my face and glanced at him. "I'm going home."

"Miles, how is she doing??" He yelled at me. I shook my head and got out of his apartment by using the window. I need to break that habit.

By the time I returned home, my mom was already asleep as she knew I was supposed to be meeting up with Y/N.

Katrina 😐

Hey babbbee 💋💋
Read

we need to talk
Read

What'd I do? 🥺🥺
Read

cut the bullshit, ik ur cheating on me.
Read

No? Are you crazy?
Read

not a bit.
Read

Even if I was, w who??
Read

isaiah.
Read

What'd that bitch y/n tell u? Didn't I say u couldn't trust her?? Hoes are always trying to break us apart.
Read

we're over.
Read

Miles, seriously?
Not delivered

I sighed and placed my phone down. A huge feeling of whatever was lifted up off my shoulders. And so now that Katrina is (hopefully) out of the picture, I can finally try and fix things with Y/N.

But I think she blocked me again.

-

"Miles, wake up." My mom slowly opened the door to my room.

I slowly opened my eyes and yawned. "Hey. What's up?"

"Your alarms went off, but you weren't awake. I just didn't want you to be late, mi hijo." She leaned down and placed a small kiss on my forehead. "But tomorrow, you're going back to your dorm."

"Ahh, seriously? I guess." I yawned out. She smiled and nodded, shutting the door while doing so. I got up and grabbed my clean uniform that my mom washed for me. What would I do without her?

Sooner or later, my backpack was on, and I was out the door. I slowly walked to school, and I noticed the sad atmosphere for some reason.

Entering the school doors, I went straight to class. I needed to move my seats, because I didn't want to sit next to Katrina.

"Ah, Miles, you're early today!" The physics teacher smiled and tapped her foot. "What's the occasion?"

"I was wondering if I could change my seat." I spoke quietly. She nodded and grabbed her seating chart. "Yeah, there's an open seat next to Y/N. Is that fine?"

I nodded and went to take my seat. About 5 minutes or so later, Katrina walked in and stared at me. Scary.

She rolled her eyes and plopped down in her seat, grabbing her phone and viciously typing.

And about 2 minutes later, Jackson came in with a sad expression. I reached out to him.

"Yo."

"Miles? What's up." He mumbled. His eyes were a little glossy, which makes me wonder.

"Why you look sad?" I scooted back in my seat a little and yawned. Jackson just rolled his eyes.

"Dude." He sighed. "My future girlfriends dad is literally on the verge of dying. Are you asking me to be happy about that??"

"Future girlfriend?" I slightly snickered. "I never said that."

"Well, that's what it feels like you're implying." He turned and walked to his seat. Damn, someone has a fucking attitude.

Aaannnddd, not a second after Jackson sat down, Y/N walked in. She was holding gifts and flowers. Her face was a little puffy and red.

When she saw me sitting next to her seat, she rolled her eyes. She pulled her chair out and scooted it the furthest away from me.

So I internally sighed and looked her over. "Y/N, I want to talk to you about last night." And once again, she rolled her eyes and hummed in response. "I didn't mean to say that to you, I wasn't thinking."

"Mhm." She responded. She seemed very uninterested. I watched as she pulled out her phone and texted Jackson.

"And uhmmm..." I watched as she texted him and smiled. "And I wanted to apologize for how I've been acting."

A few more seconds later, she sighed and put down her phone. She slowly turned her head toward me with a stoic expression plastered on her face. "Go on."

I began speaking again. "And I realize my mistakes, and I want to fix things with you...?" I internally hated myself because the way I said it made me sound unsure.

Y/N tilted her head sideways as her eyebrow slightly rose. "Yeah? How so?"

The big question that I have been waiting to ask her since Monday. But Katrina got in the way and ruined everything. "I wanted to ask you to the dance. Would that work?"

Her head returned back into its normal position as she shrugged. "I guess you can."

And I smiled. I don't know if things are better between us, I hope they are, but I know things might be improving.

So the bell rang, and I was quickly doing the work and following along in the lesson. I noticed that Y/N was struggling to keep up.

Déjà vu?

"Do you need help?" I whispered at her. She grunted and rolled her eyes.

"Sure. Let me see your notes." She whispered back. I happily slid them over and watched her quickly begin to copy them down.

Her face was still neutral. I don't think she was necessarily happy that I moved right next to her.

My eyes wandered, which landed them on Katrina. She was staring dead at me with the meanest expression I've ever seen.

"Here." Y/N said as she returned my notes. I smiled and looked back at her. She wasn't smiling.

-

"So make sure to complete the homework assignment I uploaded online." The teacher said. Y/N got up, and so did I. I was quick behind her, wanting to rebuild that relationship I had with her before Katrina.

"So, Y/N. How did you think the lecture was today?" I was close to her. Trying to make small talk was... one-sided.

"It was fine."

"Was there anywhere you struggled?"

"Yeah."

"..."

"If you wanted to help me study, you could've just said that." She stated. Y/N looked me dead in the eye while we walked in the hallway.

"What? Ma, I was not implying that. It just seems like you want me over." I smirked a little as I saw her small smile from the name I called her. Guess she hasn't heard it in a while.

"Lies." She laughed. "Well, I'm at my class now. I'll see you." She waved me goodbye before walking into English.

And then Jackson walked up to me. "I think I might ask her to date me."

"What?"

"I know, it's crazy. But I'm gonna do it. Wish me luck!" He smiled at me and ran off into the classroom. When he walked further away, I overheard him yelling for Y/N.

"Miles?"

I turned and met Katrina's eyes.

I rolled my own eyes and walked off, going to my next class.

☆~☆~y/n

"Y/N!" Jackson called out to me with a huge smile on his face. I, for one, am also in a good mood.

He quickly rushed and sat down next to me with one of the biggest (and kind of cute) smiles I've ever seen.

"Are you and Miles friends again?" He asked me. I bit my tongue and thought about it.

"I'm not sure. Things are... complicated, you know?" He nodded to my response, not even sure he did know.

"Oh, but I just wanted to ask you something."

"Hm?"

"You wanna be my girlfriend?"

What.

"Oh- uhm," I squinted my eyes as I bobbed my leg up and down. "I-uh..."

"If you can't find the words to say it, show me?" He laughed slightly again before slowly leaning in.

"I..." I couldn't find the words to tell him no. That having a boyfriend was going to be stressful to me.

My spider senses went off as I dodged his kiss. He looked up at me with a confused look.

"Hey, if you aren't ready. No biggie. Tell me your answer by night, 'kay?" He patted my shoulder and smiled.

"Uhmm, okay..." I laughed nervously and turned forward to the teacher, slightly scooting my chair away from him.

-

Never have I ever walked out of a class so quickly. Jackson trailed behind me like a dog. An annoying one. I'm kind of pissed off right now. He tried kissing me before even asking. He did it once before, and I might've let that one slide, but not again.

I huffed some air out onto my jacket when I saw Maila and Ariel approach me with smiles.

"Heyyy, we haven't seen you, girl! How you been?" Maila hugged me tightly and sighed.

"I've been fine. Could've been better." I pulled away and smiled at Ariel.

"Oh, yeah, we totally heard about your father on the news, and I'm like super sad for you." Ariel gave me a small little side hug.

The three of us began to walk to whoevers next class.

"So. You and Miles?" Maila nudged my side while raising her eyebrow.

"It's the same. He broke up with Katrina, so that's a starter." I slightly moved away because Maila was starting to hurt me.

"Him breaking up with Katrina? Don't get your hopes up, girl." Ariel laughed before stopping. "I'm going to class."

Maila and I waved goodbye before she started walking with me alone.

Maila leaned her head down and whispered, "So... I heard around that María was a doughnut bumper, if you know what I mean. You got anything on this?"

"Oh- uhm. No, I don't. I don't know what you're talking about." I shrugged my shoulders to keep her secret.

Maila stared at me and rolled her eyes. "Well, I'm leaving, then. See you at lunch?"

"See you, I guess."

With that being said, she waved goodbye and walked in the opposite direction. And we just so happened to have walked to my class.

-

After school came sooner than I thought it would. And... Miles insisted on walking home with me so we could study.

"How are you feeling?" He muttered beside me while we were walking outside of the school.

"Fine." I shot back. I'm not going to forgive him so easily, if that's what you guys are thinking.

"Come on, mami. Don't be distant. Please talk to me." He put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it.

I smile just a little bit. Just a little. "Sorry." I mumbled.

Keeping my sentences short and boring might make him un interested!

I was wrong.

"I see that smile." He laughed out. He looked behind himself for a quick moment before looking back at me. "I've missed talking to you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Believe it or not, Katrina like... she like restricted me from talking to you." He sighed while staring at me.

"Well, I blocked you, too. So that might've been another thing." I shrugged my shoulders and checked my phone.

Being with Miles made me forget about my dad being in the hospital for a moment. Still haven't received any news about that, though.

"Who unblocked me again? Didn't you say it was Jackson? So you were... with him? Hanging out?" He bit his tongue, hesitant for my answer.

"Not necessarily. I was there for 15 minutes, max. He was being a dick so I left." He smiled at my answer. "Oh, but he did ask me out today. What should I say?"

"Well, do you like him?"

"...I'm not sure."

"So say that."

I rolled my eyes. "You are so helpful."

"I'm serious. Say that." He laughed and got closer. "Trust me, Y/N."

"I'll consider it." I huffed out.

We quickly approached my house and saw that there were a few people standing outside of it.

"Can I help you guys?" I said while approaching them. One of the ladies smiled and held a pamphlet in my face.

"Hi honey. Is your mother home?"

"I'm not sure, but you can speak to me."

"Well, me and my girls came to reach out to you two, you and your mom, about receiving therapy." She smiled once more and shoved the pamphlet into my hands.

"Therapy? Can you like... explain?" I looked down at the paper and read the title.

"HOW TO DEAL WITH LOSS IN THE FAMILY."

"Oh- Well, you see, we've all heard about your father on the news. And we assumed that you and your mother are griveing-"

"My dad isn't dead."

"Well, you can't be sure that he will survive -"

"No, I'm not taking this. My dad will survive, so you can take you and your friends off my lawn and back to your little business. Take this pamphlet and shove it where the sun doesn't shine." I slammed the paper into her hands. I grabbed Miles arm and dragged him inside my house.

I stood by the window, and I watched them walk away.

"Wow. Y/N, wow." Miles chuckled a little and pulled away from my hand.

I turned, and I looked for my mom. I went to her room and lightly knocked on the door.

"Come in.." She mumbled. I turned to Miles and smiled.

"Can you wait in the living room?"

He nodded and went.

I went inside of my mother room and saw her on the bed. She was in her pj's and was lying on her bed. Her face was puffy and wet.

"Hi, Mama. Miles is here, is that okay?" I slowly sat on her bed and moved some hair from her face.

"Yeah." She mumbled again. "They still haven't given me any news about your father yet."

"It's gonna be okay. I'm sure he's doing well." I spoke quietly to her and hugged her.

When she hugged me back, she cried a little.

"You smell so nice." She whispered. I smiled and patted her back.

"Thank you. I love you. You'll get through this, okay?" I whispered back. She pulled away and wiped her tears.

"Go. Miles is waiting for you." She smiled and hugged me one more. I got up from her bed and waved goodbye before leaving.

-

"So yeah, you got it." Miles smiled and leaned back in his chair.

"That's easy now. You explain it well." I stretched for a moment before yawning.

"What's your grade?" He asked. He stood up from his chair and grabbed something from his backpack.

"Oh, well, I raised it. I have a D instead of an F." I watched him go on his phone for a moment before walking back. "But it's still bad. I need to raise it higher.

"At least you're making progress, no? Just be glad you got it up, ma." He scooted his chair closer to mine and looked at me.

"Mhm." I yawned again. "You should leave. I'm tired, and I want to make dinner for my mom."

He nodded. "Understandable. I have some things I need to do, too."

We both got up. He grabbed his things, and I walked him down to the front door.

"Before I go, can I get a kiss?" He laughed and looked at me with a goofy smile.

"Miles, I-"

"No, no, I was kidding. We're not there yet. I respect that." He gave me a little side hug. "I'm improving myself, remember?"

I smiled at him and nodded. "Yeah, I remember."

He stepped outside and waved goodbye to me. "Goodbye, Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye, Miles."

~~~

Hey ya'lllll 😋😋

Let me know how you feel por favor !

Tried to get this out sooner but I've been at relatives since Wednesday so I been busssyy.

Love you guys 💗💗

Wc: 2904

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 9.1K 23
Y/n Parker, cousin to Peter Parker and Miles Morales' best friend. You've grown up together and now he's transferring to your school. After realizing...
588K 13.4K 34
I closed my eyes tightly until I heard laughing. No, I could feel the laughing. My eyes sprang open to find Miles on top of me. I was laying flat on...
51.2K 1K 16
"We almost died and you're just now telling me that you love me?" "That's exactly what I'm saying, we just don't talk about the almost dying part kay...
93K 2.6K 23
I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS EXCEPT Y/N "Please, I need to know who you are." Miles squealed. "You already know who I am. Connect the voice to the fac...