Comeback

By harrryshome

Lennon is a widowed single mom to 3 children. Harry is a world famous actor who fell off the face of the Eart... More

~ Characters and Intros ~
~ Chapter 1 ~
~ Chapter 2 ~
~ Chapter 3 ~
~ Chapter 4 ~
~ Chapter 5 ~
~ Chapter 6 ~
~ Chapter 7 ~
~ Chapter 8 ~
~ Chapter 9 ~
~ Chapter 10 ~
~ Chapter 11 ~
~ Chapter 12 ~
~ Chapter 13 ~
~ Chapter 14 ~
~ Chapter 15 ~
~ Chapter 16 ~
~ Chapter 17 ~
~ Chapter 18 ~
~ Chapter 19 ~
~ Chapter 20 ~
~ Chapter 21 ~
~ Chapter 22 ~
~ Chapter 23 ~
~ Chapter 24 ~
~ Chapter 25 ~
~ Chapter 26 ~
~ Chapter 27 ~
~ Chapter 28 ~
~ Chapter 29 ~
~ Chapter 30 ~
~ Chapter 31 ~
~ Chapter 32 ~
~ Chapter 33 ~
~ Chapter 34 ~
~ Chapter 36 ~
~ Chapter 37 ~
~ Chapter 38 ~
~ Chapter 39 ~
~ Chapter 40 ~
~ Chapter 41 ~
~ Chapter 42 ~
~ Chapter 43 ~
~ Chapter 44 ~
~ Chapter 45 ~
~ Chapter 46 ~
~ Chapter 47 ~
~ Chapter 48 ~
~ Chapter 49 ~
~ Chapter 50 ~
~ Chapter 51 ~
~ Chapter 52 ~
~ Chapter 53 ~
~ Chapter 54 ~
~ Chapter 55 ~
~ Chapter 56 ~
~ Chapter 57 ~
~ Chapter 58 ~
~ Chapter 59 ~
~ Chapter 60 ~
~ Chapter 61 ~
~ Chapter 62 ~
~ Chapter 63 ~
~ Chapter 64 ~
~ Chapter 65 ~
~ Chapter 66 ~

~ Chapter 35 ~

1.4K 64 1
By harrryshome

Chapter 35
Wednesday September 21st
Lennon's POV

"You look very invested in whatever it is that you're reading" A voice caught my attention, actually taking my attention away from my phone and at whoever it was. I looked up to see Samantha, the new nurse taking a seat with her lunch in the chair across from me.

"My son's birthday is coming up, trying to figure out where to take him" I answered.

"People don't throw birthday parties anymore?" She stared at me.

"Unfortunately my son would hate that. And it's a lot of work on my part" I chuckled. "I thought I would see if I could have the babysitter watch the twins, so that it can be just a day I have with him. Just can't decide where to go"

"What's he into?"

"Toy story, spiderman, trains, tea parties. There's a new toy story movie coming out, but doesn't the movies just sound boring for a 4 year old?"

"If that's what he likes I don't see a problem. Maybe do the movies, a desert, and then a trampoline park for something more energy?" 

"True" I nodded. "Hopefully my babysitter won't mind working a Saturday if she can"

"I can watch the twins if it comes down to it" Samantha offered. "Sounds weird because we barely know each other, but just in case"

"I'll keep that in mind" I said honestly. "Thanks for the help"

"Of course"

We enjoyed the rest of our short lived break before we were rushed back to work. The ER was flooded today, who knew so many injuries could happen on a random Wednesday? You would think it was Halloween with the way the day was going.

We had broken bones, lacerations, stomach bugs, and the one that now always stops me in my tracks; a car crash.

It was a rough one. A mom, dad, two daughters all came in critical condition. The family was on their way out for a vacation to visit the grandparents when a car full of teenagers had ran the red light and smashed right into them. The teenagers walked away with cuts and bruises, and this family is fighting for their life.

I was on the team trying to save the younger of the two girls. A 6 year old. She was conscious when she was being rolled in, the opposite of her older sister who is 9 and is probably in the worst condition from what I could tell.

The doctors were of course doing their best to work on the little girl, her name is Eva, but she was rightfully scared out of her mind. She was crying uncontrobally, and flinching every time the doctor brought a tool nearby. It was getting increasingly harder to watch.

The doctors were brilliant in their work and saving lives, but their bedside manner was awful. Eva is just a child, and she's crying out for her family because she's in pain and she's confused, and we weren't helping her situation.

"Cover me" I told Samantha, and gave her my job on top of her own. Hopefully, it would only last a few moments and then this would be easier for everyone.

I squeezed my way behind the doctor and went up towards Eva's head so she could see me, and I gently placed my hand on her squirming shoulder.

"Hey, hey. Eva, look at me, okay?" I spoke gently to not scare her, but a slight urgency in my tone. "It will be okay, just look at me?"

Eva flinched, and snapped her head to look at me, tears streaming down her face.

"My name is Lennon, I'm a nurse okay? I know you're in a lot of pain right now, but we can help you. I know it's scary and you don't know what's happening, but I promise you that we can help you, but I need you to do something for me. Can you do that?" I pulled her tear stained hair out of her face and used my thumb to rub the top of her head.

She whined, and very slowly nodded her head at me.

"I need you to stay still. Pretend you're a statue. If you can do that, everything will be okay. Is that alright? Can you stay still for me sweetheart?"

"W-where's mommy?" She sniffled.

"Alito, we need to hurry" The doctor snapped.

I ignored him. "Mommy is in another room with her own doctors. She wants to see you too. Let's try and stay still now, okay?"

"I-it h-hurts" Eva whimpered.

"You're a very strong girl. You can do this for me, I believe in you" I reached down and squeezed her hand. "Are you ready?"

I felt a gentle squeeze at my hand, and I felt bad when I nodded at the doctor for the go ahead to give her a shot, although it was necessary. Luckily, Eva did exactly what I needed her to do. I informed Eva I needed to go back to my spot at the other end of the table, but that I'm still right in the room watching her.

We saved all 4 lives.

The older daughter was currently in the ICU, but she is expected to wake up with minimal damage.

Days like these are the reason that I do my job.

Hudson didn't have a chance to be saved, but this family did.

It was hard for me personally to cope with that. The fact that if Hudson maybe made it to the hospital then there would be a chance he'd still be alive. There could have been a fighting chance, rather than what the universe gave to us. It was just one moment that changed the entirety of my life, and ended his, and it's all just messed up.

On the other hand, I'm obviously grateful that we pulled off what we did today. Hearing an incoming car crash trauma is never easy to me, but I'm grateful I was a person on the team who did their part in keeping this family together.

I went and visited Eva for a few moments towards the end of my shift. She was rocking a bright pink cast on her left arm and leg, and she had some minor head trauma from the impact, but she was in better spirits. I gave her a lollipop, which seemed to brighten her mood immensely.

I spoke briefly to the mom as well. It was hard to listen to her talk about her babies and the potential of losing them. This job either makes you or breaks you sometimes.

I won't be at the hospital for the next few days since those aren't my shifts, but I'm hoping that by the time I come back on Monday that all 4 members have made remarkable recoveries and they're discharged.

For now though it was time to leave the hospital and get back home to my babies. I listened to my playlist on the drive home and then realized I was hungry because I never got the chance to fully finish my lunch. I used Siri to ask Lyanna if she minded if I stopped at Chick fil A on the way home and if she wanted anything.

I could really use some waffle fries about now.

I was able to stop and get a quick meal and brought something back for both Lyanna and Theo. Theo was overly excited to see me today, as he has been the last few days that I got home. I engulfed him in a hug and kissed his cheek, also very happy to see him as well. Being a mom is so exhausting, but I truly do miss the kids when I'm away from them. It's a constant back and forth between wanting a break, and then wishing I was with them.

"He's been super quiet the last few days" Lyanna told me.

"Really?"

"Yeah, he was getting closer to me recently, but the last few days he's gone distant again. I just thought you'd want to know that"

I nodded. "Thanks for letting me know. Here's dinner, do you want to stay and eat while it's warm?" I offered.

"Oh, are you sure?" She asked.

"Of course! We're just going to eat anyways" I shrugged and began getting Theo's food ready for him. "Theo go sit bud"

"Okay" Lyanna smiled and took her seat at the table across from Theo. "Thank you for dinner"

"Of course" I grinned, and then sat down next to Theo and asked him about his day at school and what he's been up to since he got home. He told me all about the toys he played with and who got in trouble today by his teacher, it's very interesting hearing the 3 year old gossip.

"James is so bad momma!" Theo gasped.

"Why? What did James do?" I chuckled, loving how expressive and into this story he was telling.

"He pushed Mia down at de park!" Theo told the two of us in shock.

"He did?!" I asked with the same amount of shock that he's telling the story with.

"On purpose!" Theo threw his hands in the air.

"Well that wasn't very kind of James" I told Theo.

"Yeah, no hit people" Theo stated the rule.

"That's right. Did you ask Mia if she's okay?" I asked him.

"No. We not friends" Theo looked at me like I just asked him the dumbest question in the world.

"You could still ask" I chuckled.

"No mommy"

"Well maybe you could become friends with Mia" I offered up another suggestion.

"Lia and Atti my friends" He repeated the same thing he tells me every time I mention making friends with other kids in his class.

"Is Lyanna your friend?" I asked him.

"Uhm" Theo thought about it for a moment. "Yeah!"

"Yes!" Lyanna cheered and high fived Theo.

"Momma friend, he not my friend" Theo shook his head, and it took me a moment to realize what he was talking about. And then I realized he was talking about my "friend" Harry.

"You have a friend?" Lyanna gasped and looked at me. Our relationship sort of reminds me as like big sister and little sister, so I didn't care if she messed around with me or knew stuff about my personal life. In fact, I think it's good that we have such a good bond considering I'm trusting her wholeheartedly with my 3 most precious things in life. However, she cannot know about Harry.

"Not that kind of friend" I quickly denied it.

"Are you sure?" Lyanna chuckled, and ate another French fry.

"100% he's just a friend" I told her, and even that was a lie considering I don't think Harry and I are even considered friends. Right now we're just two people who know each other.

"He keep comin to my house!" Theo groaned.

"Teddy, were Lia and Atti good babies today for Ms. Lyanna?" I changed the subject. The last thing I needed was for Theo to accidently let Harry's name slip out of his mouth. Lyanna would put the pieces together instantly, especially since I know she is/was a fan of his and knows our past.

"Yeah" Theo shrugged and continued on with his meal.

We spoke for a few more minutes to Theo, and then Lyanna and I got into a conversation about her school and her homecoming dance that's coming up soon.

"I know some seniors don't usually go to homecoming, but it's my last one so I want to go. But my boyfriend is all annoyed because he just assumed we were going together, and I told him that he hadn't asked me as a joke. Well he didn't think I was joking and he got all offended and said that it's stupid to ask me and stuff. It's been like a week since he's spoken to me" Lyanna explained, sounding upset at the end and then apologizing to me for bringing the mood down.

"I think it's cute to be asked! You have to find someone that appreciates doing the little things for you, or at least doesn't blow you off when you mention wanting it" I agreed with her. I remember going through the same thing when I was a teenager. There was one year where Harry had just assumed I was his valentine because we were already together, but I made a comment about how I wanted to be asked.

He asked me each and every year after that without fuss.

"I feel like guys just don't get it, and most girls are very easy to please" Lyanna rolled her eyes.

"Does he give the silent treatment often?" I asked her. I didn't want to pry, but I felt myself growing protective over her. Lyanna is a very nice girl, and she deserves to be treated right.

"Sometimes" She shrugged. "It's annoying"

"Relationships are meant to be fun. Especially at your age, you're 18. It's supposed to be easy and lighthearted. Don't let him do that to you" I looked at her. I remember being 18 and in a long term relationship with Harry, back before we had Theo and a load of problems. It was simple. We laughed, we hung out all the time, we did stupid things together. Nothing was meant to be taken serious, and that's why we worked for so long until we didn't. Because things got serious once Theo was involved.

I just felt like I had to tell her something, I'm also aware that Lyanna doesn't have the easiest home life. She has an absent mom and a workaholic father, and she's an only child, so she doesn't have that sort of special someone to look up to in her life. Not that she has to listen to me, but I wanted her to hear it from someone.

"I'll try and talk to him" Lyanna pursed her lips.

"Call for backup if you need help" I chuckled.

It was getting later past Theo's bedtime so we said goodbye to Lyanna once we were all done eating. Theo had went to bed pretty easily, already passed out by the time I made it into bed. Hopefully, I would be able to go to sleep tonight.

I haven't been staying up all night long every single night, but I definitely do not get as much sleep as I should be. I still toss and turn constantly, only getting a few hour stretches of slumber before I'm back and contemplating life.

I just wanted it to get better.

Follow me on Twitter! @Harrryshome
Thank you guys for reading! I love you <3
xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 86.6K 94
After a tragic accident that killed their best friends, two former lovers are forced to come together to raise the godchildren that they share. They...
6.3M 160K 64
Harry Styles; CEO of 'Pleasing', single dad to two children, prioritizes his job over anything else. Edora Winters; fresh out of college, a nursery...
4.9K 108 10
What would you do if the love of your life was suddenly gone?
21.6K 764 18
"Do you still love me?" He asks, and I wipe my tears with the sleeve of my sweater. I've been trying so hard to keep this from happening. "I can't lo...