Dreams and Nightmares (Delila...

By awesomearmour2

After seeing her brother's body, Delilah accidentally tapped into her powers and sent herself into a differen... More

Delilah The Dream Watcher
Dreaming And Living
A Waking Nightmare
The Witches Dream Part 1
The Witches Dream Part 2
Dreaming In Class
The Nightmarish Beast
Dreaming Of A Convention
A Nightmarish Moving Problem

Walking And Waking

63 2 0
By awesomearmour2

Delilah sits up and stretches, she looks around, her eyes widen, some how she forgot that they are now in a Witches house.

She looks at Luz's empty sleeping bag and gets up, she walks around until she finds Eda stood in the main room drinking something.

Delilah: "Hey. Where's Luz?"

Eda looks over, looking tired.

Eda: "She's selling some stuff for me."

Delilah looks around and notices that King is gone too, she presumes that he went with her sister.

Eda looks at Delilah and puts scratches her head.

Eda: "While you're here, I need help with something in my shed, then I want you to go buy some stuff for my elixirs."

Delilah nods and follows Eda to the shed.

Eda: "I found this on a trip to the human realm, it looks weird but i'm guessing that it's some strange medical device or something."

They move towards something which is being hidden by a large sheet.

Eda grabs the sheet and pulls it off, it takes a moment to fully come off but when it does it reveals a machine which causes Delilah's eyes to start watering.

It's a strange robot bed, it has a white round head with a large black eye which has been revealed due to a large crack on the round head, the head also has an ingraved cross on it with 'Dreamlike reality' writen on it, the bed also has a 'normal' robotic fingers on a disk shaped 'hand' with spikes on it, like a buzzsaw, the other arm seems to be broken but should still be able to move, on the end of the bed it has a few spider like legs which let it move.

It was her brothers bed.

Delilah: "Where did you find this?"

Eda looks at her and smiles

Eda: "It was near some city or town, oh and it was next to a broken statue of some kind."

Delilah moves towards the bed's hand and lightly hold one of the fingers.

Delilah: "...I can fix it."

Eda smiles and begins to leave.

Eda: "Great! When you finish go and buy my stuff."

She passes Delilah a list and leaves.

Delilah climbs up the bed and begins to open up the machine and gently moves some metal parts around. She eventually fixes the head which causes it to jolt.

Delilah falls back onto the hard ground, letting out a small pained squeak.

The bed's red eye suddenly burst to life and frantically looks around and finally notices Delilah sat on the floor.

It tries to move, but it can only move it's head slighty, it begins to struggle until it spots Delilah.

Delilah: "H-hey, you're okay now."

It immediately calms down.

Delilah: "I-I'm just going to fix the rest of you now."

The machine nods slightly, she moves towards a small panel near its arm, after moving some wires and gears the machine's arms jolt to life, she moves to its spider-like legs and continues to fix it, the machine passes her some tools which she gladly accepts. After a while its legs start moving.

Delilah: "Are you... okay?"

The Bed nods and gently puts its arm under Delilah and picks her up, she falls back in surprise and ends up sitting on its hand, Delilah squeaks in surprise.

Delilah: "W-Warn me next time..."

The Machine stares at Delilah and notices the list Eda gave her, Delilah follows its eye and remembers the list.

Delilah: "Right... I need to go... Sorry."

As she leaves, she remembers the sword she took from the Conformatorium and decides to try and find the owner. She rushes to her sleeping bag and grabs the sheathed sword next to it and exits the Owl House.

Delilah: "Right... get the things from this list, find the sword person... okay this seems- AHHH."

The Bed was stood right in front of the door.

Hooty: "You think you're the weirdest thing here? Guess again! I will fight yo-"

Delilah and the Bed death glare him.

Hooty: "..."

Delilah: "..."

Hooty: "Okay bye Delilah!"

Hooty retreats to the door.

Delilah walks past the Bed and towards town, she hears metal groaning, grinding and scuttling noise, she turns around and sees the Bed staring at her.

Delilah: "You wanna come with me?"

The Bed nods its head.

Delilah: "... Fine. Just don't blame me if you get stared at."

-IN TOWN-

Although the Bed did get stared at, most people just walked past, not thinking much about it.

Delilah: "Honestly I should've expected this."

Delilah stares at the list.

Delilah: "Golem milk, apple blood, some Hera Herbs? And Pheonix eggs..."

???: "Hey kid."

Delilah stops in front of a woman with long pink hair, she is wearing traditional Japanese clothing, she is also wearing a glass eye patch, she is also missing an arm, she speaks in a slightly threatening tone.

???: "That's my sword you're holding."

The Bed detects the threatening tone and holds its arms in front of her in a defensive manner.

The woman cracks her neck

HEAVEN OR-

Delilah: "Don't fight! This is all a big misunderstanding! I took this from the Conformatorium..."

The woman pauses, then calms down.

???: "I was planning to raid that place... I guess you saved me a lot of time..."

Delilah looks at the Bed and gently lower its hand, she turns back to the woman.

Delilah: "I'm Delilah."

???: "...Baiken..."

Delilah passes her the sword, Baiken looks at the sword, searching for any scratches, but it was in pristine condition, Baiken re-attaches the sword to her hip. She suddenly kneels.

Baiken: "I will do whatever you need!"

Delilah: "What are you talking about."

Baiken: "You were able to get my sword back, so I will follow your command."

Delilah goes to refuse, but then has an idea.

Delilah: "Help me find the things on this list."

Baiken looks confused but nods.

-LATER-

The Bed had kept a close eye on Baiken while they bought the items from the list, after a while they finally got everything except the Hera Herbs.

Delilah: "What are Hera Herbs?"

Baiken: "They're herbs sold from that shop."

Baiken points to a shop literally called Hera Herbs, they walks towards it, but a bunch of creatures and witches bust out of the shop holding bags over their shoulders, they jump into a carriage.

Delilah: "D-did they just get-"

Baiken: "Yep."

They all walk into the shop and see that all of the herbs were stolen. Delilah was going to just go back to The Owl House, but realized something.

Delilah: "If Eda can't make potions... then she won't get paid... which means... LUZ WON'T HAVE FOOD! FOLLOW THOSE BANDITS!"

Baiken smirks and chases after the bandits, the Bed picks up Delilah and rushes in the direction of the bandits.

-WITH THE BANDIT CARRIAGE-

Bandit 1: "Another successful seige my liege!"

Bandit Leader: "HAHAHA, Indeed! I knew stealing to pay for those rhyming lessons would pay off!"

They all laugh.

Bandit 2: "Ey boss! There are some losers following us!"

The leader looks behind the carriage and sees Delilah, Baiken and the Bed following them.

Bandit Leader: "What is that metal beast?"

Bandit 3: "It seems to be a... bed?"

The Bed shoots a spike out of the buzzsaw hand which takes out a carriage wheel and causes it to crash into a tree, sending bandits flying.

Delilah, Baiken and the Bed catch up and confront the bandits.

One bandit rushes towards Baiken, she uses her sheathed sword to parry him, she then jumps over him and holds out her sheathed sword, it catches on his neck and Baiken holds both ends of the sword and slowly tightens her hold, she chokes him until he is about to pass out, then she throws him at another bandit who was getting up.

Delilah gets off the Bed but doesn't notice a bandit approaching behind her, he trys to hit her with a broken bit of wood from the carriage, a large hand suddenly slams him into the ground so hard he bounces up from the impact, the Bed spins and uses its spikes to injure the bandit, the bandit trys to get up but is knocked out by a blunt spike hitting his head.

The Bandit Leader notices Baiken fighting his men, he then looks over at Delilah and prepares to fight.

The Bed blocks a hit which was heading towards a very shocked Delilah, the Bandit Leader goes to say something but doesn't notice the Bed slowly raising its broken arm up, it seems to charge up before swinging it towards him, the hand sets off a huge explosion right in the Bandit Leaders face.

The Bandit Leader goes flying across the forest, flying through some trees before he tumbles on the ground, unconcious. Baiken walks over, looking at the Bandit Leader shaped holes in the trees.

Baiken: "Nice one Machine."

The Bed nods at Baiken.

Delilah: "What horrible people."

She walks over to the bag of herbs and picks them up.

Delilah looks in the direction the Bandit Leader was sent and give a dead stare.

Delilah: "I didn't know he could do that..."

Baiken: "He? You mean the Bed? That was impressive, maybe one day we can spar."

She nods at The Bed who returns the nod.

Delilah: "It's clear that you are sentient."

She whispers.

Delilah: "I didn't think brother programmed you like that..."

Baiken: "What was that, kid?"

Delilah: "Nothing."

Baiken ruffles Delilah's hair.

Baiken: "Well I better get going, if you ever need any help, then come find me, I live near the town." She smirks "Plus I still owe ya' for finding my katana."

Delilah shakes her head

Delilah: "No, you've been more than helpful, I couldn't ask anything more from you."

Baiken just looks over at her

Baiken: "I don't care, as I said just come find me if you need help."

She then sheathes her katana and holds it at her hip as she walks off. Delilah turns to The Bed.

Delilah: "Well it's about time we head back to the Owl House."

The Bed nods and picks up Delilah and puts her on its shoulder/upper frame next to its head, Delilah lightly smiles.

Delilah: "Thanks..."

-IN THE OWL HOUSE-

Eda: "So now you know why we don't trust those glittery wizard freaks."

Luz: "Yeah, I'm sure Sis would... Wait... Where's Delilah?"

Eda: "Oh, I asked her to get a list of important Witch stuff."

Luz: "YOU MEAN SHE'S OUT THERE BY HERSELF?!"

Eda: "Yeah."

King: "What if she gets tricked by wizard like Luz was?"

Eda: "Well Delilah seems like she wouldn't fall for that... Right?"

They all hear a light knock on the door.

Eda: "See that must be her now!" She opens the door. "See nothing to worry abou-"

Delilah is indeed stood infront of the door, holding a bag full of the stuff she bought, but behind her is a tall mechanical bed.

Delilah: "Hey."

They all stare blankky as Delilah walks in, The Bed follows her in, but has to crouch through the door.

Eda: "Uhh... whats that?"

Delilah: "It's your stuff."

She hands Eda the bag.

Delilah: "And the machine you asked me to repair."

The Bed looks at its hand, then at Delilah's head, it copys Baiken and ruffles her hair.

Luz: "Aww it likes you!"

King: "A new general for my army! You will bow to me!"

The Bed just pats King's head.

King: "ACCEPTABLE!"

Eda looks at The Bed, then at Delilah's small smile.

Eda: "Hmm... I guess... if it helps us... It can stay with us?"

As soon as she finishes the sentence Delilah's smile widens.

Luz: "Then it's settled!"

The Bed bends its head down as it listens to Luz.

Luz: "Ah! Right! Some crazy stuff happened while you were gone! There was this wizard who-"

-SOMEWHERE-

A strange looking man is reflected on a disk/plate, a giggle is heard, which causes him to slowly turn his head.

???: "Oh... Don't worry, remember our promise?"

He gives a bored smirk.

???: "I'm going to find us something very..."

He fully turns around, but his face is covered by a shadow.

???: "Entertaining."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7 0 4
You know how Raven got to the house but what if this time she got there but by different means and during the time Luz gets there for the first time...
514 14 11
When Amity was forced to cut ties with Willow and was sent away for four years of High School. In the meantime, Luz stumbled into the Demon Realm mak...
2.1K 10 28
I don't own any owl house the series this show is own by diseny channel . I'm just a girl that writes fanfic
92.4K 1.3K 22
Self-assured teenager Luz stumbles upon a portal to a magical realm where she befriends a rebellious witch, Eda, her son, Y/N, a mindless Scarecrow...