Mentality.

By Bhettiboop

One day, Zonnique goes to a wild spring break party. The next day, she wakes up inside of a mental home. Her... More

Chapter 1 - Suicidal.
Chapter 2 - "Get situated!"
Chapter 3 - One Way Ticket.
Chapter 4 - The Beast Within.
Chapter 5 - "Your Honor."
Chapter 6 - Monster.
Chapter 7 - Playing with Fire.
Chapter 8 - Departure.
Chapter 9 - Hailstorm.
Chapter 10 - Sarrogate Parents.
Chapter 11 - "Who Daddy is."
Chapter 12 - Transformer.
Chapter 13 - Off Safety.
Chapter 14 - Skeletons.
Chapter 15 - Rep.
Chapter 16 - Homebound.
Chapter 18 - "Let's Bail."
Chapter 19 - True Colors.
Chapter 20 - Adam and Eve.
Chapter 21 - Crossed.
Chapter 22 - "I'm sorry."
Chapter 23 - Newbies!
Chapter 24 - I'll be there.
Chapter 25 - Three of a Kind.
Chapter 26 - Pause.
Chapter 27 - Down N' Dirty.
Chapter 28 - Round 1.
Chapter 29 - A Little Rushed.
Chapter 30 - Killer Instincts.
Chapter 31 - Round 2.
Chapter 32 - Round 3.
Chapter 33 - "You Lose."
Chapter 34 - Final Round. **FINALE**
Chapter 35 - Wedlock.
Chapter 36 - Breakthrough.
Chapter 37 - "Chres....?"
Chapter 38 - Set It Off. [Part 1.]
Chapter 39 - Set It Off. [Part 2.]
Chapter 40 - Child Play.
Chapter 41 - Race.
Chapter 42 - 2 Down.
Chapter 43 - Boomerang.
Chapter 44 - Keepsake.
Chapter 45 - Crashing Down.
Chapter 46 - Hormones.
Chapter 47 - Persuasion.
Chapter 48 - Cut The Top Off.
Chapter 49 - Will.
Chapter 50 - First Time.
Chapter 51 - Shows Over.
Chapter 52 - Fathers Will. **FINALE**
Epilogue.
ATTENTION!

Chapter 17 - Cornered.

17.7K 523 220
By Bhettiboop

Zonnique stared off into space for a while, then watched as Abby strolled and skipped into her room. Once she noticed that Chresanto and Amber had went inside of his room, she jumped up from the couch and made her way to Abby's room. When she barged inside of there, she noticed that Abby was taking pictures of herself with a small camera.

"Damn, Zonnique. What the hell?" Abby jumped as she glanced a her. "Haven't you ever heard of knocking first?"

"Sorry..." Zonnique said as she plopped down onto her bed.

"What's wrong with you?" Abby said as she gave her a funny look.

"That girl that Chresanto is always with-"

"Amber?" Abby said as she looked at her.

"Yeah.....are they like, da-"

"Dating. Yes." Abby nodded. "Why?"

"Don't you think that it's a little too soon?" Zonnique snarled.

Abby stopped putting on her earrings, then slowly turned around and smiled at Zonnique.

"Let me guess, you're jealous?"

"How am I jealous because I'm asking a question?" Zonnique said with an attitude.

"Then why didn't you ask Chresanto instead?" Abby smiled. "And they've been dating for 2 months. They've been having fun with baby Shayla, too!"

Zonnique didn't say anything. She glanced down and kept her eyes on the ground in disappointment.

"All harshness included, Chresanto deserved someone better." Abby shrugged. "You blew him off when he needed you the most. That was your own fault."

"Nah I'm....I'm not jealous at all!" Zonnique smiled, putting a smile on her face.

"Well hey. We need to get away." Abby cheered as she bounced next to Zonnique on the bed. "We need to start planning how to act 'innocent' to bust our asses out of here."

"Shit I'm fine. I'm here on my own will." Zonnique laughed. "You need to figure out YOUR own way."

"Yeah...." Abby snarled.

Shockingly, she'd gotten it in an instant. Mrs. Miner walked in and smiled as she sat on the bed.

"Abby and Zonnique, Kiloni called the building.." She said.

"So?" Abby scoffed.

"She said that she wanted you two to come over and spend the night at her new home." Mrs. Miner smiled. "She said that she's not used to spending time alone at her house."

"And why?" Abby barked.

"She wants to make amends. For all of the 'beef' that you guys had in the past." Mrs. Miner nodded.

Abby turned and smiled at Zonnique, then looked at Mrs. Miner.

"Sure." Abby shrugged. "Why not?"

"Pack your bags for the weekend." Mrs. Miner said as she stood up. "Abby, I want you back here by Sunday at 5:00pm. No later than that!"

"Okay."

"I'm serious, Abby!" Mrs. Miner said in a more strict tone. "I will come out there if you're not back here by that certain time."

"Okaaaay Mrs. Miner. Geez!" Abby snarled as she rolled her eyes. "I'll be back here by then."

Mrs. Miner left the room, leaving Zonnique and Abby to sit in awkward silence. Abby smiled, then gave Zonnique an evil glare.

"This is perfect." Abby grinned. "It's time to put my plan into motion."

Mrs. Lacey drove Abby and Zonnique over to Kiloni's house 2 hours later. They had two large suitcases full of nothing but girly clothes, makeup, etc. When they pulled up, it was a fairly large home that was located in a townhouse. It was cream on the outside, and they were all clear and all of the houses were the same. Abby looked up at her home, then looked at Mrs. Lacey as she stopped and glanced back at them.

"Please guys, no tricks." Mrs. Lacey sighed. "Be nice."

"We'll try." Abby winked as she jumped out of the car.

"Zonnique, please make sure that she doesn't get out of line." Mrs. Lacey whispered. "I placed two tranquilizers inside of your suitcase just in case she does."

"I promise she wont, Mrs. Lacey." Zonnique laughed. "See you in 2 days."

Abby and Zonnique took their suitcases out of the back of the car, then strolled them up onto Kiloni's porch. They watched Mrs. Lacey drive off, then knocked on Kiloni's door. Seconds later, Kiloni opened the door and smiled. She had on a bright pink robe with slippers as well.

"Hey guys-"

"Blah blah blah." Abby scoffed as she barged past Kiloni, strolling her suitcases inside of the home. Kiloni gave her a confused look, then turned to Zonnique.

"Hey Zonnique!" Kiloni smiled as she held her arms out to her, hugging her as well.

"Hey girl!" Zonnique squealed. "How are you?"

"Happier than ever." Kiloni said as she looked at her. "Just.....just trying to leave my mental home behind. Along with the problems we had."

"Yeah...I agree." Zonnique cheered.

"We used to be so close and.....I don't have many friends here so I thought that I'd make amends with you guys!" Kiloni smiled as she looked her. "I just wanted to do a little something."

"Well shit lets get it on, then!" Zonnique cheered as she strolled inside of the house.

When Zonnique closed the door, she noticed that the first place that Abby was strolling to, was the kitchen. When she opened the refridgerator, there was nothing but protein shakes. Milkshakes, protein shakes, milk, and eggs. Abby scrunched her eyebrows, then slammed the refrigerator door as she glanced up and gave Kiloni a funny look.

"Yo, what the hell Kiloni?" Abby barked. "Where's the food?"

"That is my food." Kiloni said. "I guess I should've warned you first..."

"All you eat is protein shakes? Really?" Abby laughed.

"Yeah? They're pretty healthy." Kiloni nodded as she walked over to her.

"Yeah.....Zonnique, lets get some snacks while we're out." Abby snarled as she sat down on the couch. "So! What are we doing?"

"I don't know.....I wanted to go to a museum that I haven't been to when I was a kid-"

"Boring." Abby interrupted as she looked at Zonnique. "I was thinking about going out to eat!"

"Uh....sure!" Kiloni shrugged as she looked at them. "Just as long as it isn't a place that's too greasy or too fatty-"

"What about Fuddruckers?" Zonnique smiled.

"Well, that's kind of-"

"I like that. Lets go." Abby smiled as she grabbed Kiloni's keys, and headed to her car.

But when Zonnique looked at Kiloni, she could tell how uncomfortable she was. She glanced down at Abby, then ran her fingers through her hair.

"Kiloni, we don't have to eat there if you don't feel comfortable." Zonnique said in a comforting tone.

"Nah. It's okay!" Kiloni smiled. "I like burgers from here to there. Lets go!"

Zonnique knew that Kiloni wasn't comfortable with anything that they were doing, but she wasn't saying anything because she was afraid of Abby. Zonnique decided to go with the flow, ignoring the problems that they were having. When they arrived at Fuddruckers, Kiloni went to the front desk and asked them if they had a "veggie" burger. They declined. Kiloni shook her head and walked to the table with Zonnique and Abby. Abby ordered a double bacon cheese burger, Zonnique ordered a burger with extra onions, and Kiloni ordered a burger with nothing but wheat bread, lettuce, and meat.

But while Kiloni was eating her burger, Zonnique and Abby noticed that she wasn't enjoying it. She kept chewing it extra slow and swallowing it like it was cough medicine.

"Why the hell are you eating like that?" Abby laughed as she glanced at her.

"It's not good..." Kiloni said in a low tone.

"That's the most that you've ate all year!" Abby laughed with her mouth full of food as Zonnique gave her an upset look.

"Abby!" Zonnique barked as she shoved her in the shoulder. "That wasn't nice!"

"No no. It's fine!" Kiloni laughed, acting like it didn't offend her. "Really! It is!"

Then, a whole group of people walked over to Abby as she squealed, jumped up out of her seat, and gave them all huge hugs. She smiled, then sat back in her seat as everyone stood over and glanced at Zonnique and Kiloni.

"Wow!" One boy laughed. "They let you out of that home, Abby?"

"Nah. They're giving me a break." Abby chuckled. "Hey, did I introduce my friends to you?"

"No!"

"This is Zonnique. I call her plumps. She has gorgeous plump boobs." Abby smiled as she looked at her, then looked at Kiloni. "This is Kiloni. I call her bones. You can only guess why..."

"How much do you weigh?" One of the boys asked.

"115." Kiloni answered.

"115 - 115!" Someone chanted as Abby and all of her friends laughed.

Zonnique couldn't believe how much of assholes they were. However, she knew that Abby was bullying her on purpose because she didn't like her. Out of nowhere, Kiloni lunged up from her seat and ran into the bathroom. Thinking that she was crying, Zonnique stood up out of her seat and chased after her into the bathroom, only to find her throwing up in one of the stalls. Zonnique kneeled down next to her and rubbed her back as she leaned over and looked at her pale face.

"Are you okay?" Zonnique asked.

"I'm not......I'm not used to eating that much.." Kiloni cried as tears streamed down her face.

After this incident, Kiloni felt a little better. Zonnique asked her if she was okay numerous times, and Kiloni answered 'yes' each time. With that, they decided to go home after they ate.

The next day, the girls went to the museum that Kiloni wanted to go to. It was a museum on black history and everything that surrounded it. Kiloni was very interested. Zonnique was bored, but acted like she wasn't so that she could satisfy her. Abby on the other hand, had no interest in any of it. What she also didn't have no interest in, was hiding that. At every picture, she would pick fun at it, scoff, or sigh in boredom. The security guards had to escort her out of the building. Kiloni was so embarrassed that she apologized to the people at the museum.

At night, Kiloni let Abby have it.

While Abby sat on Kiloni's couch, eating lays and watching tv, Kiloni cut her tv off and snatched the bag of lays out of her hand as Abby sat up and gave her an angry look.

"Hey!" Abby said with a mouth full of chips, lifting off of the couch. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Abby, I want you out of my house!" Kiloni barged as she slammed the bag of chips onto the table and pointed her index finger at the door.

"Hey hey guys," Zonnique gasped as she sat up on the couch. "Calm down!"

"Zonnique, you can stay." Kiloni nodded. "Abby, I want you out of my house!"

"And what if I don't leave?" Abby smiled as she stood inches away from her face. Kiloni grabbed the home phone and shook it in Abby's face.

"I have Mrs. Miner and Mrs. Lacey in speed dial!" Kiloni shouted. "I'll have them drag your ass out of here! Get out!"

Abby lowered her head, then smiled as she placed her tongue on the side of her mouth.

"Alright. I'll leave." Abby said in a grim tone. "But let me tell you what'll happen if I do-"

"Ooh. What'll happen if you do?" Kiloni said in a fake scared tone as she placed her hands on her sides, then leaned closer to her face.

"Well. I'll just tell Mrs. Miner and Mrs. Lacey that you're still binging. You're not eating right, you're still starving yourself, and that you've dropped a few pounds." Abby said in a grim tone, looking Kiloni right in her eyes. "That'll place you back into the mental home for another 3 years. You'll lose your home, your car, and what you already don't have. Your dignity."

Kiloni's look of confidence, soon shifted into a look of terror as Abby's words rippled through her body.

"Not only that, but let me tell you what's already going to happen." Abby nodded as she placed her index finer inches away from her face. "You've caused so much bullshit towards everyone. But what you did wrong, is that you messed with the big dog of the mental home. Chresanto. Chresanto August. You might think that you're already safe here, but you're not. Chresanto's gonna find a way here to you. AND WHEN HE DOES, he's gonna slaughter your ass into thirds. Then, you're going to wind up in the woods rotting into a bunch of bones, WHICH you already are. I just felt that I'd tell you that. Now which one is it gonna be?"

Kiloni didn't say anything. Tears formed in her eyes as she stepped back and threw her hand in the air, walking upstairs.

"I deserved that ticket home. NOT you!" Abby barked as she gave her a furious look.

"Stay as long as you want...." Kiloni said in a choked up tone as she wiped her tears, and walked up the stairs. "We'll....do something else tomorrow.."

Abby's goal was accomplished. She plopped back onto the couch with Zonnique and smiled at her as Zonnique looked up the stairs, then looked back at Abby.

"A little harsh, don't you think?" Zonnique asked.

"No. The bitch deserved it." Abby shrugged as she grabbed the remote. "What's on TV?"

Zonnique couldn't believe it. She went to sleep, preparing for another drama filled day.

By the morning, Zonnique was the first one to wake up. She opened the refridgerator door, only to find everything inside of there that Kiloni didn't eat. She found raw bacon, pop, juice, kool-aid, hamburger meat, a bucket of chicken, cheese, grapes, other fruit, etc. When she looked closer to the food, she noticed a small sticky note on all of it.

"For Zonnique. Thanks for being a good friend. -Kiloni."

"She finally got some real food?" Abby asked a she leaned up on the 'pull out' bed.

"Yeah?" Zonnique said in a surprised tone.

"She's probably doing that because she thinks that I'm going to tell Mrs. Miner and Mrs. Lacey about the fact that she's not eating." Abby laughed as she slumped back into her bed.

"Hey Kiloni!" Zonnique cheered as sh sprinted up the stairs and into her room.

But when she opened the door to Kiloni's room, she found something that she would never forget. Zonnique found her on the floor with a gun in her hand, sprawled out on the floor. She was laying out in a pool of blood.

Kiloni, had shot herself in the head, killing herself instantly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Abigail By Hannah

Teen Fiction

57.8K 1.7K 30
(In editing) She's depressed. She's anorexic. She's suicidal. She's insecure. Abigail has grown up with her three brothers and James, never meeting h...
823 460 40
I've never been able to taste fear before, but I do now, it lingers in the air. Like a flame. Kindled by the president, fed by the citizens, and I'm...
4 0 14
Jane had been living in a psychiatric hospital since the age of 12 after her mother died. She doesn't believe she's supposed to be there, and tries t...
8 1 6
A story where a girl tries to keep her stand while being constantly pushed down by others. She learns to know who she can trust and lean on when she...