30 Day writing challenge

By bandhoez9194

a series of one shots for the bbs under a writing challenge, one story a day. I'll try at least lmao More

Day One: First Kiss
Day 2: No Dialogue
Day 3: Kitchen, Date, Music - BID407
Day 4: Style - Goons
Day 5: 100 Words - DDT
Day 6: Blackout
Day 7: Smalltown Bar & Jukebox - MooCat
Day 8: New Hobby - Krynoss
Day 9: A Heated Debate - DDW
Day 10: Promises Made, Promises Kept - DDT
Day 11: A Dance - Terrornuckel
Day 12: Motivation - Evan (Want You)
Day 13: 10 Sentences Over Last Item Bought - Brock (Poly AU)
Day 14: Regret - Evan
Day 15: Thank You - McDooo
Day 17: Title of the Last Song
Day 18: Book Summary - Terrornuckel
Day 19: A Piece of Lore - Brock/Lauren (Want You)
Day 20: Angst - Tyvan
Day 21 - Dreaming - Delirious
Day 22: A Scene that Describes your MC - Brock (Poly AU)
Day 23: "Waves in the Ocean" - Smii7y/Blarg
Day 24: Crown, Dance, Smile - Brock/Evan/Brian (Rare Ones)
Day 25: Write for 15 Minutes
Day 26: Nicknames (Want You)
Day 27: Ending without a Beginning
Day 28: All Dialogue
Day 29: Girls Night - the Queens (spouses)
Day 30: A Concert - Rynx

Day 16: A Car Ride - Tyler/Anthony bromance

7 1 0
By bandhoez9194

Did I map out the entire trip? Yes. Yes I did. I'm guessing where a couple of them live, I just chose big cities for like, Brock, though I think he said he lives near SLC Utah. Idr, I did too much research for this one little short lol anyway I hope yall enjoy!

~Banana

"Hey, wanna go on a trip?" Tyler asked Anthony as soon as the other had answered his phone.

"Uh, sure," Anthony said amused and Tyler grinned. "Sweet. I'll come by your house in the morning, we'll bring the big truck and the dogs and just drive. I need to get away a but, I've got about two weeks of videos queued," he said and Anthony said, "Alright cool. See you then."

~~~~~~~~~

Tyler hit his horn, hearing Chester go crazy inside. Anthony appeared, a bag over his shoulder and Chester on a leash. Tyler grinned at him, Anthony rolling his eyes amused as he tossed his bag in the trunk and helped Chester climb into the backseat with Kino and Archie.

"So what prompted this?" Anthony asked as he slid into the passenger seat. Tyler pulled out of the driveway as he shrugged, heading to the main highway.

"Just needed to step away from it all. YouTube has gone to shit, Nogla pissed me off again, I've got about 30 different things going on all at once, it's a bit much. So, I needed a vacation and you were the first person I thought of who might like to come with," he said and Anthony grinned.

"I'm always down for a vacation. Where we headed?" He asked, settling back in his seat. "Figured we'd go West, drive to maybe Colorado or Utah, stop and see Scotty, maybe Brock, then go to California and see Brian, maybe Evan, then we can swing up and see Marcel. Nogla is in Ireland still, so we don't have to go see him, and Delirious and Luke are south of us, we can stop in on the way back," he said and Anthony nodded easily.

"Sounds like a plan," he said cheerfully and Tyler grinned. He handed Anthony the aux cord and soon music filled the car, the two chatting and singing along.

They made their first stop at a truck stop at the border of Tennessee, letting the dogs run and grabbing a shit ton of snacks. Tyler was wanting to take a picture of every border sign with the dogs, and with Anthony's help was able to get all three sat in front of the sign and a couple good pictures.

They started off again after a 30 minute break, driving through Missouri. They stopped a couple times to eat and get some souvenirs, letting the dogs run and use the bathroom. Tyler was having a blast, he and Anthony laughing often at each other and the antics of the dogs.

They drove through Kansas, stopping at some places Anthony wanted to see. "Hey there's Lawrence, wanna see the Supernatural house?" He asked and Tyler shrugged. "Sure, we can swing by and maybe find a motel for the night, it's getting late and I want dinner," he said and Anthony nodded.

They found the street, decorated with Supernatural things from other fans. They then went into town and found a cheap hotel for the night, stretching out and making sure the dogs had food.

"I'm so glad we did this man, I didn't realise how suffocating my house was feeling," Anthony said as he sprawled out on the bed. Tyler grinned, also stretched out on his own bed.

"Me too. Hopefully by tomorrow we'll be in Colorado and we can see Scotty, then maybe the day after we'll go see Brock, Lauren and the kiss, I haven't seen them in months," he said and Anthony nodded.

"You let them all know about this right?" He asked and Tyler nodded. "Yeah, I told them you and I were taking a trip and might stop in on the drive. They're all okay with it," he reassured him and Anthony nodded.

"Good, cause I'm pretty sure Brock and Evan aren't big fans of surprise visits," he said with a laugh and Tyler grinned. "That's why I told them, only one I didn't tell was Brian really, I figured we could just show up. I did talk to Lanai, she said she'd make sure Brian was home, just to let her know the day before," he said gleefully and Anthony laughed.

"Oh that'll be fun," he said and Tyler nodded. "Fuck yeah, he won't know what hit him. We need some sleep, we've got a long way to drive tomorrow," he said with a yawn and Anthony nodded.

They settled down to sleep, their dogs curled at the foot of each respective bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was about 6pm the next day by time they pulled into Denver, Tyler making sure Scotty's address was typed in. It took them about an hour to drive through the city to get to his house, but when they pulled up, Scotty had jumped from the porch to hurry forward.

"Hey Chester, Kino and Archie!" He said cheerfully, moving to open the back door and getting enveloped by all three dogs. "Wow, don't we feel the love," Tyler said dryly as Anthony laughed, grinning at Chrissy who had come onto the porch.

"I talk to you fucks all the time, I need some pupper time," Scotty said with a grin, trying to pet all three at the same time. "Hey Chrissy," Anthony said and she waved.

"Bring the dogs to the backyard, I've got them leads if needed and bowls of water laid out. I'm sure you guys brought their food, yeah? I know Chessy needs specific food," she said and Anthony nodded.

They got the dogs set up in the back with food and water and headed inside, Scotty handing them both a beer. "Dinner will be ready here soon, we started it later for when you guys got here," he said and the two nodded, looking around. It'd been a long time since they'd been at Scotty's.

They ate dinner and hung out for the rest of the evening. Scotty showed them to a couple rooms and they stretched out, happy to be in an actual house and bed for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast, the two said their goodbyes and hit the road again, having to promise to take Scotty the next time they did this. They'd agreed with no problem, they knew it would be fun.

They drove for hours, stopping to sightsee and see landmarks. Also to let the dogs run and to eat. They reached Brock's house by late afternoon, Anthony calling ahead to make sure he knew. They didn't want to just show up.

Brock greeted them with a bright smile and hugs, Brock's daughter hiding from them a moment until she recognised their voices. Lauren greeted them happily, waving from where she was in the kitchen with the baby.

"Dinner will be ready soon, why don't you two go to the spare room and get comfortable?" Brock suggested, picking his daughter up as she tugged at his shirt.

"Sure, where?" Tyler asked, neither of them having been there before. "Third door on your right, bathroom is across the hall," Brock directed and they nodded, heading down the hall as they looked around curiously.

Brock's home was very comfortable. A simple 4 bedroom 2 bath home, decorated obviously by Lauren though they could tell Brock had a few touches, especially in his office.

They changed into some clean clothes and headed back to the living room, finding Brock on the couch with his son in his lap and his daughter watching Bluey on the floor. Lauren was in the kitchen and Anthony went to go find her to offer help while Tyler went to sit on the couch opposite of Brock.

Brock smiled tiredly at him and Tyler chuckled. "Everything alright?" He asked and Brock nodded. "Yeah, just been a long week. Little man is teething, cutting a couple teeth and it's making him not want to sleep. Lauren and I have our hands full, which is why I haven't been able to stream in a couple weeks," he said and Tyler nodded in sympathy.

"Well, Anthony and I can help some, I know he's been excited to play with the kids. After dinner we'll watch the kids for an hour or so while you two go get a shower and whatnot," he offered and Brock frowned hesitant.

"Are you sure? You're only visiting for the night, I don't want to make you babysit," he asked and Tyler shrugged, looking down as Brock's daughter moved to sit next to him on the couch.

"It's an hour or so, they'll be slowing down after a meal I'm sure, and you two need this. You're our friend you know, what good are we if not to help when we can? That's why Anthony's in there helping Lauren finish dinner," he said and Brock finally nodded.

"I really appreciate it, it's been a little while since we've had showers that were longer than 5 minutes," he said and Tyler grinned. "Then you two can go take some 30 minute showers, relax and take some time for yourselves. We'll turn some Bluey on loud," he said with a wink and Brock rolled his eyes.

"Yeah that's not happening, just showers," he said amused and Tyler laughed.

Lauren called them to dinner then and Tyler carried Brock's daughter into the kitchen, settling her in her chair while Lauren set the kids' plates down.

Tyler told Anthony quietly what he offered to Brock and Anthony easily agreed, sitting by Brock's son in his highchair and helping Brock feed him. Tyler held a fascinating conversation with Brock's daughter, not understanding half the words she said but responding by what he felt was okay.

After dinner Anthony took over clean up and Tyler took the kids, pushing Brock and Lauren from the room. They vanished and Tyler set the TV up with Bluey, laying some blocks and rattles for the baby.

He sat on the floor in between them, keeping his attention alternating between them. Anthony walked in about 15 minutes later, sitting on the couch behind them.

Brock's daughter got off the floor and crawled into Anthony's lap, talking excitedly away about the show. Anthony nodded along, asking little questions though Tyler knew he didn't know a single thing she was talking about.

Tyler heard a little noise come from the baby, eyes widening as he looked down at him. His little face was bright red and Tyler said, "Oh no."

"What?" Anthony asked and Tyler picked the baby up, making a face at the smell that came from him. "He just shit, and I've never changed a diaper," he said and Anthony laughed.

"I've never changed one either, but I've seen it done. Come one, we'll figure this out," he said amused, picking Brock's daughter up as Tyler followed them down the hall.

"Where's your brothers room chicka," Anthony asked Brock's daughter and she pointed to a door, Anthony opening it and sticking his head in. "Yep, here we are. Bring him here Tyler," he said and Tyler did so, laying him carefully on the table.

Anthony walked Tyler through the diaper change, Tyler making a face at the smell. But he got him clean and he was pretty sure he got the diaper on right. He rebuttoned the onesie and picked him up, the baby giggling as Tyler blew a raspberry on his stomach.

"What's going on?" They heard and Tyler turned, seeing Brock standing there. "He blew a load, but we got it clean," Tyler said as Brock took the baby, Anthony having taken and wrapped the dirty diaper and thrown it away.

"You could have come gotten one of us, we would have changed him," Brock said amused and Tyler shrugged. "I promised an hour, and it's just a diaper. You feel better at least?" He asked and Brock nodded, smiling gratefully.

"I am. Lauren is finishing her shower now and it's time for me to get these two to bed. Then we can hang out a bit, yeah?" He said and Tyler nodded, grinning.

Brock laid the baby down in his bed and turned on a machine to play some white noise, leading the others out of the room. When he went to take his daughter from Anthony, she shook her head and clung tighter.

"Here Brock, I'll go read her a story yeah?" Anthony said amused and Brock laughed. "Okay, her bookshelf is in her room. One story, understand? Then bed," he told her and she nodded, Anthony carrying her away.

Brock rubbed his forehead as Tyler laughed, Brock smiling amused as he led him to the kitchen. "So what prompted the road trip?" He asked as he pulled some sodas and snacks out.

Tyler shrugged, accepting a drink. "Needed to get away a bit. Too much bull going on, you know?" He said and Brock nodded in agreement.

Anthony appeared about 10 minutes later with a grin. "She fell asleep before I even finished the story," he said amused and Brock shook his head.

"You two are miracle workers, you know? If you guys ever just wanna stop by and help again, feel free," he said with a teasing grin and Tyler nudged him. "We'll consider it," he said and Brock laughed.

Lauren walked in then, shoulders relaxed and looking much better than before. Brock smiled fondly at her, getting a chuckle back and a soft kiss.

"These two took care of everything, Anthony even got the little gremlin to sleep," he told her and Lauren gave Anthony a grateful smile.

"We don't mind helping, you guys are friends, you know?" Anthony said and Lauren squeezed his hand. "We still very much appreciate it. I'm going to bed, get a few extra hours of sleep before one of them wake up. Night boys," she said, kissing Brock's cheek before leaving the room.

The three had a pretty relaxing couple hours after, Brock yawning and heading to bed about 1am. Tyler and Anthony headed to bed after him, Brock's guest bedroom surprisingly very comfortable.

~~~~~~~~~~~

They left after breakfast the next morning, Brock and Lauren looking better than they had when they arrived. They promised to stop by again every couple months, giving all four of the Barrus' hugs before leaving.

They headed to California, that drive taking a few days since they stopped several times to visit landmarks and do some hiking in the mountains. The dogs absolutely loved that, running through the grass and trees chasing each other.

After about an extended 4 days, they finally reached Evan's house. They pulled up, Anthony having texted an hour before to let him know they were close. It was about dinner time and they'd stopped to pick up some pizza for them to have.

Evan greeted them at the door, lighting up at the sight of the pizza. "Oh yeah, more excited for the pizza than us, I see how it is," Tyler teased and Evan grinned. "I know where my priorities are. Come on in," he said amused and they followed him in.

They sat in the living room, watching some movies and chatting over the pizza. Evan then pulled out the Xbox and they played some zombies together, Tyler enjoying the downtime. It was rare for them to hang out with Evan and just chill, the man always wanting to do some insane thing.

Evan showed the two some rooms and they all fell asleep about 2am. They stuck around the next day, Evan looking too excited about having someone around for them to want to leave just yet.

Evan took them mini golfing and to a variety buffet downtown, wearing sunglasses and a hat since he didn't want to be recognised. Tyler and Anthony got recognised, a small group of teens wanting to take pictures at the arcade.

They headed back to the house about 9pm, Evan taking out some beers and the three of them hanging out with the dogs. Evan wasn't much of a dog person, but Anthony found it amusing how much Chester seemed to like him.

They left the next morning, promising to visit again soon and took off. They drove up California for about 4 days, taking time to stop in most major cities and doing some shopping, site seeing and one night full of bars.

Anthony made sure to text Lanai the night before they reached Camas, having found a  hotel one town over. The next morning they got the green light and drove to Brian's house, parking off to the side so Brian couldn't see and walked up to the door.

Tyler knocked, Lanai answering with a grin. "I'll take care of the dogs, Brian's in the workout room," she said and gave them quick directions to said room.

The two stood in the doorway, grinning amused as Brian finished a set of chest curls. Music played on the speaker, Brian humming absent-minded to himself as he set the bar down and stretched out his arms and back.

Anthony let out a wolf whistle as Brian lifted his shirt to wipe his face, the Irishman whirling around startled to see the two standing there. "What the fuck are you doing here? How'd you get in my house?" He demanded, a grin on his face as he went to greet them with sweaty hugs.

"We're Lanai's booty calls, needs a real man to take care of her you know," Anthony said with a wink and Brian shoved him, Tyler laughing. "I'm a real man, shut the fuck up," Brian said amused and Anthony hummed, giving him a mock look up and down.

"But for real, why are you guys here?" Brian asked, moving to pause the music and pick up a water bottle. "Taking a road trip across America, visiting friends along the way," Tyler explained and Brian nodded.

"Sounds fun, who've you visited so far?" He asked and Tyler said, "Saw Scotty and Chrissy first, stopped at Brock's and helped with the kids. Spent a couple days at Evan's, and now you. Still going to go see Marcel after this then we're headed home."

"How's everyone? I haven't seen most of them in person in a few months," he asked, leading them to the kitchen. "They're all good. Scotty, Brock and Evan all want to know when our next trip is, they want to join. If it comes down to it, maybe our whole crew needs to take a few weeks and just drive, yeah?" Anthony asked and Brian nodded with a grin.

"Sounds good to me. I could do with some traveling," he said and Tyler grinned. "How long you guys staying?"

"Not sure, might leave tomorrow, might stay a couple days. Its up to you guys really, we've been on the road already almost two weeks," Tyler said and Brian shrugged.

"I've got nothing but a couple recording sessions planned for the next couple days. You two should call Scotty and see if he wants to record a react video with me and Nogla tomorrow, could be fun," he said and Anthony nodded.

"He'd probably be down," he said and Brian grinned. "Let me go shower and change, then we'll see what we can do," he said and the two nodded in agreement.

They did end up staying about three days, recording some irl vlogs and bullshitting around. The morning of the 3rd day the two took their leave and and headed off. It wasn't too long of a distance to Seattle, Anthony texting Marcel to let him know they were only an hour away.

They spent a day with him, visiting landmarks and doing some shopping with him and Kris. Tyler bought her some things and Kris made a joke about him being her favorite now, Marcel getting mock offended.

They hit the road the next morning, starting the final leg of their trip. They took their time, visiting landmarks and doing some shopping in each state. It took them an extra week to get home, Tyler dropping Anthony off first.

"This was fucking amazing, we gotta do it again," Anthony said as he gathered his bags and Chester. Tyler grinned, scratching Kino under the chin as the dog peeked over the back of the chair.

"Absolutely. Let's link up with the boys in like, 6 months and we'll do another few week trip, yeah?" He said and Anthony grinned. "Sounds like a fucking plan. Now you get home safe, I'm going to smoke me some green. I'll text you later," he said and Tyler waved as Anthony headed inside with Chester.

He got home and Kelly greeted him with a big hug and kiss before leaning down to give the dogs love. "How was your trip Ty?" She asked and Tyler smiled.

"It was amazing, and really nice to see everyone. We want to make it a group trip next time, but that won't be for a bit. I missed you too much," he said, pulling her into a kiss.

She chuckled against his lips and he grinned, letting her pull away just to smack her on the ass. "Come on, we've got some time before it's time for dinner, I wanna relax and you tell me everything," she said, taking his hand and dragging him upstairs.

Okay okay okay, listen, i know I'm several days behind but a, I fell into a really bad depressive state, b, I drove nearly 1000 miles to visit family and c, I'm losing motivation to write. I'm really trying not to, but shit happens you know? I do wanna finish this, even if it's just the prompts and not 30 days. I also have another story I'm halfway through the epilogue with so I'll probably start posting that in a few days. Anyway, I hope yall enjoyed! Kisses!!

~Banana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 266 12
Just a bunch of BBS one-shots! This book has come to an end for the lack of requests. This book may have a sequel to it in the future if I ever happe...
40.2K 2.2K 48
Banana Bus Crew one-shots compilation This is a mix of fluff, sad, dark, narrative, poems/songfics, and more! Open for requests :] Challenges inside...
8.7K 102 29
One shots of the Banana Bus Gang, range pretty much varies (Sort of-) Γ— Completed Γ— Γ—Thank you all πŸ’™ Γ—
87K 4.1K 91
welcome!!!!! read at your own discretion please. am not responsible for emotions or getting ur phone taken away in class. i am also aware that my ti...