PAW Patrol: Fragile Futures

By Superfan2600

DISCLAIMER: I ASKED PERMISSION FROM MUSICALMUTT2 ON DEVIANTART TO HAVE TUNDRA AND HER KIDS IN MY STORY. ASK H... More

Chapter 2: The Now
Chapter 3: The Victorious
Chapter 4: The Rescue Begins
Chapter 5: The Observatory
Chapter 6: The Incident
Chapter 7: The Indestructible Hope
Chapter 8: The Tale Romeo and Howliet
Chapter 9: A Couple of Pups in King Arthur's Court
Chapter 10: Multiversial Massacre in Motion
Chapter 11: World War Zuma
Chapter 12: 2033
Chapter 13: Back to the err... um... Chase's past?
Chapter 14: The Ending Part 1 (with a plot twist)
Chapter 15: The Ending Part 2

Chapter 1: The Future

270 2 4
By Superfan2600

It was 2038 in Adventure Bay. Hover cars floated through the streets, the sun shone upon the people of the town, and everything was peaceful. At the Lookout, which surprisingly looks the same as it always was, just polished, a man, woman and kid along with nearly 20 dogs and pups (9 adults and 10 kids) . It was Ryder and the PAW Patrol! They've grown up. And the future seems pretty good for our heroes. Ryder and Katie tied the knot and has a boy named Owen (same as Ryder, but with a blonde and dark-brown mixture). Chase and Skye had two pups named Max and Lily. (Max has looks like his father some color from his mother and her little tuft of hair on her head also along with a fluffy tail. Lily has some of her father's colors but everything else is the same). Marshal and Everest also had two pups named Junior and Berkeley (Junior has some purple from his mother on his paws and the tip of his ears. Berkeley has some spots like her father, but everything else stays the same). Zuma and Liberty had, again, two pups named Carter and Alex (they look exactly like their mom and dad), Rubble adopted a bulldog pup and named him Devan (He looks like his adoptive father but has brighter orangish-brown than Rubble), and Rocky and Tundra had three pups named Sage, Winter and Aurora. They were all the same age, some born in the same month, the rest separate. Anyway, they all came back from separate rescues. Some came back from saving a few sea turtles caught in a net, some came back from saving Jake's cabin from falling downhill and off a cliff. And the rest were Chase, Tundra, and the 10 pups. Junior and Lily played tag with Devan while Alex and Aurora were chatting and Max, Sage, Winter, and Carter were playing "Ryder says" with Berkeley. Chase and Tundra watched over them until everyone else came back. Once they saw their parents and owners are back, the pups rushed over to their parents. 

Adult Zuma: Hey, guys. Did ya miss us?

Adult Chase: Hey, Skye.

Adult Skye: Hey, honey. I'm home.

Max: Mom! You're back!

Lily: What happened out there? I heard you were inside the cabin when it started falling!

Adult Chase: Skye were in Jake's cabin when it started to what?!?

Adult Skye: It's okay, Chase. I got out. And his cabin got put back, I give you my word as your wife. (Sigh) You've never changed. Worrying about me even when I had it under control.

Adult Chase: Well, I got to 'cause you never know when a disaster happens. I give you my word as your husband.

Adult Marshall: I dunno, Skye. The room was locked when you got trapped by the guy that simultaneously started both of those missions.

Adult Tundra: What guy?

Adult Rocky: He looked like a boy version of Victoria Vance.

The adults were shocked by Rocky's comment while all but half of the pups were confused

Max: Victoria Vance as in, THE Victoria Vance that trapped Mom in a cage and took her powers away?

Junior: The same Vance that nearly destroyed Adventure City with a meteor shower?!

Alex: The mad scientist Victoria Vance that gave you your powers from Adventure City in the first place?!

Sage: The same one as the woman who nearly crashed a plane into Main Street in Adventure City? 

Lily: Guys, I think the answer is "Yes. THAT Victoria Vance."

Adult Skye: Thanks, Lily. I can't keep up with those questions.

Adult Rubble: Yeah. Neither can I since I was in that cabin too. It just started rolling, and rolling, and I got dizzier and dizzier.

Adult Ryder: Well, it's alright, pups. Once we see that guy again, we'll be ready.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a man with hair that looks the same as Bob Marley's hair flies around the Lookout! He was wearing a jetpack and the fumes from it stained the polish on the tower!

Adult Liberty: Hey! That took me a week to polish that!

Adult Everest: Who is that?

Adult Zuma: I don't know, but he ruined my wife's hard work!

The mysterious man landed. It was the same guy who made the cabin fall, and trapped those turtles in the nets! He wore a similar outfit to Victoria Vance only he didn't have color for most of his hair or his clothing, he had long, black jeans, a no-sleeved shirt with another shirt underneath showing that it is prison clothes, a chain necklace around his neck and tiny chains attached to his right side of his jeans. He also had fingerless gloves and a very villainous coat.

???: Remember me, PAW Patrol?

Adult Chase: You put my wife in a falling cabin and waited for it to fall off the cliff!

???: Yes. And no. I did trap your precious wife in there, but I did not expect the cabin to fall. 

Adult Ryder: We'll, whoever you are, you are a threat to the peace of Adventure Bay!

Owen: My dad's right! Never before have the PAW Patrol been defeated!

Adult Marshall: Yeah, you jerk! Not even a tyrant from a different world in the multiverse could stop us! (Everyone looks at him either being like "Really?" Or "Wait, what?!"

???: You are right that another dog that wanted to destroy Earth was defeated by you. But today, that ends, dude!

Adult Katie: What do you want from us?! We don't even know you that well!

???: You seriously do not remember me? I am the son of the great scientist Victoria Vance! Victor Ezekiel Vance!

Adult Liberty: Yep. That's her boy. I can literally SMELL "mad scientist" on him.

Victor E. Vance: Oh, that's my deodorant. It's called "The Sweet Smell of Payback".

Adult Chase: No. I smell feet on that coat.

Victor E. Vance: Okay, so I have emotionally isolated myself after you sent my mother to Mars before your pups were born! I have come back now to finally get my revenge!

Max: And you call trapping sea creatures and destroying owned property of a resort owner "revenge"? HA! I watched movies with villains worth half of you, according to the wanted posters, that have ten times more revenge than that!

Victor E. Vance: Hahaha! That was only a distraction from my REAL plan, yo! To go back in time when the PAW Patrol started and make sure it never started! Ooh! The very thought of it nearly brings me to tears, man. 

Adult Rocky: Oh yeah? You and what tech?

Victor E. Vance: Me and THIS tech, that's how! (Shows an arm-cannon attached to his right wrist and he aims it at the Lookout)

The cannon makes a portal outside the tower, showing Adventure City, two days before Ryder found Chase! The PAW Patrol were shocked to see he has the power to travel through time so he could use that power to stop the formation of the team before it happened! Like a year before it happened! Then, Rubble digs up a piece of rock with his shovel and launched it at Victor, who was closing in on the portal! But then, another portal device fell out of his jacket pocket! It was the one he needed in case the PAW Patrol managed to get the first one off! Rocky's advanced claw reaches from where he stands and grabs the newly-dropped portal device.

Adult Ryder: Katie, take the pups inside! We'll handle it from here! (Katie takes the 10 pups inside the Lookout as the adult dogs, Ryder and Owen look ready for a fight.) Tundra, heat things up for Victor! Heat can make people sleep when under enough of it!

Adult Tundra: I'll help melt the worries away! (Her PupPack opens a heat lamp that warms up Victor, who was just waking up)

Adult Ryder: Skye, keep an eye on Victor! And tail him if he escapes! 

Adult Skye: Roger, Ryder! (Skye ran to Tundra, who was urging to warm the villain up but he has a tendency to not get warm easily)

Adult Ryder: Liberty, Zuma, and Rubble! Get the portal device off of him!

All three: You got it! (The dogs ran to their new foe and started pulling the arm-cannon off as the portal starts closing)

Adult Ryder: Chase, Marshall, Everest and Rocky, you go with Owen while me and Rocky work the other portal device to send him somewhere else!

All four dogs: We're on it!

Owen: Gotcha, Dad!

Everyone knew their part in the plan. But when Victor saw the portal was about to close, he got free of the rays from Tundra's heat lamp. The husky stopped and put her tool back in her PupPack, now feeling exhausted. Skye opened her wings and started tailing Vance! The villain saw the aviator dog behind him and turned away the portal to outmaneuver her. But Skye tackled him and brought him down. On the ground, Liberty, Rubble and Zuma help Skye keep him there by removing his jetpack. The portal is still closing, so Victor used all of his strength to get the dogs off him and ran toward the portal, only to be rammed by Chase, Everest, and Marshall. They get back up and Owen smirks as he appears behind them. Meanwhile, Ryder and Rocky were almost done working on the device. Victor notices their work, but the dogs and Owen surround him. Rubble and Zuma leaped onto his arm that had the first portal device. Zuma kept clinging onto Victor's arm as Rubble struggles to pull the device off. Chase and Marshall grab his right leg as Liberty and Everest grab onto the right. Tundra doesn't feel exhausted anymore so she decides to run over to Ryder and Rocky.

Adult Tundra: Rocky! Ryder! Owen and the others are keeping him still while getting the portal device off him, but this guy shows a lot of strength, so I'm not sure how long they can make him stay.

Adult Chase: (grunts from distance) Not long!

Adult Tundra: How close are you with this thing?

Adult Rocky: We just got done! Now we need to aim this at Victor and he'll be sent to the Ice Age.

Adult Tundra: Wow! That's so "cool". (They chuckle)

Ryder saw his son helping his dogs with Victor since he really IS strong. He then signals Owen the pups to get off of him so he can send him to millions of years into the past. But once they got off, Victor ran straight into the portal just as it closed and Ryder shot out the portal in the wrong direction after noticing what happened. The new portal hit a tree. It engulfed the tree and then the portal closed. Each of the PAW Patrol came to Ryder and Owen to see if there was another thing they can do. Later, the recently defeated PAW Patrol came into the Lookout. Chase kicked a pillow as Skye came to comfort him and the others except for Rocky lied down, looking depressed.

Devan: What happened?

Winter: Why are you guys sad?

Adult Tundra: (walks up to her youngest daughter) He got away. 

All of the pups: Oh no!

Carter: That means he's going to change the past. 

Aurora: And that means the PAW Patrol won't exist.

Adult Chase: Worst of all. If he changes the past, he also changes the event of Clone's Multiversal Massacre. Where he plans on destroying the Pawtiverse. And the only thing that stopped him was the PAW Patrol. Us. We were one of the most powerful versions of ourselves. If Victor changes that, Clone would have destroyed Adventure Bay in 2023. 

Adult Ryder: And since our universe is the prime universe, the first in existence, he would destroy every other universe. Including his own. It would be a reverse Big Bang.

Adult Rubble: This right now reminds me of "Rise of the TMNT: The Movie" when things get out of hand.

Then, it hit Rocky! Casey jones in that movie came from the future to stop the Krang invasion and won with the help of the turtles! Maybe the same can happen here.

Adult Rocky: Rubble! You're a genius!

Adult Rubble: I am?

Adult Rocky: If we send one or more of us to the past to warn ourselves about what happened here so they can stop Victor Vance from destroying the past! He only needs two more days until he does. (Everybody looks at Rocky, smiling at his idea) But we have to be quick. We don't know how long two days here is for Victor, so we have to do it today!

Max: What are signs of if we don't, Uncle Rocky?

Adult Ryder: Well, the signs are phasing out of existence starting with the-the-the-the oldest one here until they si-i-i-i-i-lently and unaffe-e-e-e-e-ctively explode. 

Everyone but Owen: Ryder!

Owen: Dad!

Adult Katie: We have to send someone! If Ryder goes, I'm next!

Adult Rocky: Then Everest,Chase, Skye, Marshall, me, Zuma, Rubble, Liberty, Tundra, and then the pups!

Every canine whimpers. 

Adult Tundra: What about the pups? (Rocky aggressively shakes his head) They're the last to go, oldest to youngest. Besides, they never been on a mission

Adult Rocky: Exactly the reason why they cannot go! They haven't been trained yet!

Adult Chase: Tundra and us PERSONALLY trained them whenever we got the chance. They're close to becoming members.

Adult Rocky: (groans in frustration then sighs) Fine. But they're going to need our gear. And we can only send six pups. I looked at the device we have. It's a prototype so it's occupant limit is six and the one on Victor is unlimited for all we know.

Aurora: (Steps up) I'll go. I'll dew my best.

Winter: Me too. Let's slide!

Sage: You girls need SOMEBODY to protect you. So, leaf it to me!

Adult Marshall: (looks back at the phasing Ryder) Anyone else? We need there more pups. (Most of the remaining pups seemed a little scared for this mission)

Junior: I'll go. Fighting fire is my desire. Wow! That's a good catchphrase.(Marshall nervously nods. It is a good catchphrase, but Junior's his only son. He doesn't want him to go. But that can't stop Junior.)

Lily: Me too. Let's crowd in the clouds! That feels great. (Skye also looks worried, almost to tears, but has complete faith in her daughter)

Max: So am I! (Hesitatingly) Max won't . . . uh . . . have to use  . . . uh . . . his battle axe? Okay, that was bad. (Chase kinda chuckles but looks at his son the same way as Skye)

Adult Rocky: Okay. We have our team. Let's suit them up.

The original members take off their suits as Liberty and Tundra look in the closet for suits Ryder and Katie made for the pups. The other dogs gave their suits to their kids. They look just like they did in the old days, which is where they're going. Then Tundra gave her children the suits she picked out for them. They look perfect. Absolutely perfect. Then Katie grabbed meteor badges from a small safe and put them in Max's pocket. There was enough for 10 of them. But since the pups never know when the next time they see their family will be, they nuzzled their mother's nose.

Adult Tundra: Aurora, don't stop being who you are. (Aurora sniffles after her mother's words) Winter, keep bringing joy to others' hearts. (Winter cried a tear or two) And Sage, keep your sisters and cousin safe. You are the oldest boy. (Sage was welling up with tears) 

Then, they stopped to say goodbye to their father.

Adult Rocky: (hugs his kids) Be safe, guys. Life is different without you.

Sage: The past would be different without you, Dad. (Sniffles)

Meanwhile, Chase and Skye say their seemingly final goodbye to Max and Lily. 

Adult Chase: Ask one of us in the past for a good catchphrase when you get there. Okay, Max? (Max nods and cries on his father's shoulder)

Adult Skye: Lily, keep an eye on your brother. And your cousins.

Lily: (chuckles with tears in her eyes) I will, Mom. 

Then, to Junior and his parents Marshall and Everest.The parents embraced their son before he makes this journey and his sister joins in.

Berkeley: I wish I could come. I really do.

Junior: Thanks, sis.

Adult Everest: It is okay. The adults here will be your age in the past. You'll still see us.

Adult Marshall: (trembling in tears) My boy. Growing up already.

Junior: (giggles) Dad, I'm not going to college!

Adult Marshall: Oh. Hehe. 

Soon after the pups were suited up, geared up, and ready for action. Rocky aimed the time portal and set it to the year 2023, hoping it doesn't change. 

Sage: PAW Patrol is on a roll.

The adults and the remaining pups cheered for the young heroes. Rocky gave another few tears before he opened the portal that sucked them into the time set. Now the rest of the group pray that this idea will work. If not, the Pawtiverse is still doomed.

Wow! So emotional! So touching! 😢 This emotionally wrecked me as much as GOTG 3. And that is saying something as the author. BTW, I didn't explain the looks of Rocky and Tundra's pups because you could find those on deviantart. But it has to be made by the original creator of Tundra and her pups, Musicalmutt2. Don't worry, I got her permission to use her characters as long as they don't get hurt. SPOILER: None of her characters get harmed in any sort. This was a longer, but still great start of a PAW Patrol story. Peace out, guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 57 16
This is Book 2 of the my series (A Journey Never to Forget) This story does consist of relationships including boyxboy and girlxgirl so deal with it...
2.7K 27 15
DISCLAIMER: BY THE TIME YOU READ THIS, YOU MIGHT HAVE READ THE TRAILER I PUBLISHED. IF NOT, FIND IT BEFORE READING THIS. THERE ARE NO NEW CHARACTERS...
73.3K 923 18
If you have watched the show, you might know about the episode called "Pups Save Skye." This is a story that is somewhat like that episode but instea...
5.5K 92 23
Skye has always been having feelings with Chase ever since they first met. That led her to liking Chase a lot, but she's too afraid to admit her crus...