Come back to me

By ShadowAngel56

After a courageous battle against the toon nappers and Sweet Pete, Chip and Dale have never been more closer... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Epilogue

50 3 5
By ShadowAngel56

Soon, everything was at peace again as Gadget and the gang managed to drag Twilight Sparkle from the sea and wrapped extra spare of duct tape around her hands to keep her from escaping until the cops arrive.

Right as Ellie, who immediately drove back to the pier, once she noticed that the city was back to normal from the disappearance of Twilight's magic, got out of her car and race over to check up on Chip and Dale.

"Are you guys, okay?" Ellie asked, in a heave from all of the running.

"Yeah, we're alright." Dale said, assuredly.

"Phew. Well, I'm glad to hear that. I have to go file some the reports about Twilight's involvement in her attempted 'brainwashing scheme'. But if either of you need to go to the hospital, I'll be right there behind you." Ellie offered with a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, but I think we're good. We just need some rest that's all." Chip said while the two look at each other and held hands.

Which told Ellie that they must have been finally honest with each other.

And was happy to see that everything had all worked out.

Just as she expected.

"Well, I can see that you two are busy. So, I'll leave you to it, then. Drive safe. And we'll talk about your statements later on, next week." Ellie said with a smile and waved goodbye before joining in with her squad unit to place Twilight in special custody, with handcuffs that were specifically crafted to withstand magical beings since last's months case with a magician, who stole an old lady's heirloom jewelry with his gloved hands.

Meanwhile, back at the pier edge with Chip and Dale, the two decided to take a moment to talk about what they should do.

Now that everything was back to normal.

And even....a lot less lonely at that.

"So does this mean that I can still stay over at your place?" Dale asked, rubbing his neck, shyly.

"Hmm. That depends. Would you consider sharing the bed without hogging all of the covers? Or resist the urge to sleep walk in middle of the night and mess up the whole kitchen for a midnight snack? Or even...stay with me until morning and tell me those three little words, every single day of our lives....Until some unbreakable force causes us to drift apart. And even then, would you find a way for us to meet again, if that were to happen?" Chip asked with a sweet smile while wrapping his arms around him.

"Yes, I will. As a matter of fact...I would do just about anything for you. Even... if I have to pull by the ends of the earth, just to stay by your side for a minute more." Dale added while leaning their faces closer for a longing kiss to the lips.

Until....

Sigh.

Their friends decided to show up out of the blue and ruin the moment.

Again.

"Ahem. Sorry. I don't mean to interrupt but I think you two still have a gang that is being left behind over here." Gadget joked, as Dale immediately frowns and turns his head to her direction.

"Are you kidding me?! Have you been watching us, this whole time?!" Dale asked them with a 'really?' look on his face.

"Well yeah. We wanted to see if you two were alright. But you were so busy professing your love that we just sat here and watched the whole drama unfold. Too bad we didn't bring any popcorn." Gadget teased.

Which made Dale irritated even more.

But luckily, Chip has a card up in his sleeves that he doesn't mind using, since she's having all the jests and fun.

"Oh, that's real funny. But since you're all up for jokes, how about I unfold some your drama and talk about how you guys could barely play as good actors in a spin-off show that never even made it past the pilot episode." Chip got them back with a laugh.

Which somehow offended Gadget in the silliest way and basically tells her to leave them be.

"Aaaand that's our cue. So we will be leaving now. But don't be a stranger." Gadget said with a wink before her, zipper, and Monetary all waved goodbye and took off in their plane.

Leaving both of them dumbfounded by their sudden departure after they had just started to bother them.

Until Dale realized what Chip meant when he said 'spin-off show'.

"Wait.....what? They had a sequel without us? Why didn't they say anything?" Dale asked, in a baffle, flabbergasted by the news.

"Eh, you don't want to know. It's a long story." Chip wavered off, very easily.

"Aw, come on. Don't hog all the details. I want to know everything." Dale groaned.

"Well, how about we just wait until after we get home, first. And then, I can tell you all the juicy gossip that I know." Chip said with a smile while the two held hands and walked over to a nearby street in New York, until they were able to find a cab that could take them home.

Where life was about to take a new direction for them.

————————————————————————

The next morning came around right as Dale woke up in a sleepy daze while leaning his head over to see that Chip was still sleeping next to him, peacefully and smiled.

He's still here....

Dale thought in relief before slowly wrapping his arms around his waist, tightly while slowly laying his head down on his chest.

Which woke Chip up in the process, who then started to stir before opening up his eyes and yawned.

"Yawn. Mmm. Good morning Dale...." Chip began to say until he noticed that Dale was wrapping his arms around him in a hug-like snuggle.

Except, unlike a regular couple hug, this one was much more of a tighter grip, with his face buried as if something had scared him.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Chip asked in concern while rubbing his head to help comfort him.

"I had a bad dream." Dale mumbled.

"Oh yeah? Well, believe or not, I didn't have much of a good one either." Chip replied softly while wrapping his arms around Dale and held onto him close to help calm him down.

"Really?" Dale asked, while turning his head to face him.

"Mhm. I dreamed about losing my memories all over again to where I even forgot how we ever came to be in the first place. It scared me to know that I wasn't myself with every bit of our adventures slowly fading away. Until I realized that it wasn't true because.... I wasn't alone anymore." Chip explained with a smile as the two snuggled in close for a bit in silence while he continued to hold onto Dale in comfort.

Until Dale decided to talk about another thing in mind about their future.

"So, now that the case is solved, the mayor is probably going to ask if we are taking any more cases." Dale mentioned.

"Hmm. Well... we could tell him that'll we'll start right away. Or...we can always just call it quits and retire to open up a coffee shop, nearby." Chip suggested, openly.

"Pfft. After everything we've been through, do you honestly see us settling down as baristas?" Dale asked laughing.

"Not really but wearing beanie hats would sure look cool on us. Don't you think?" Chip asked, with a laugh.

"Heh. Yeah it does. But....is that what you really want?" Dale asked in concern, but at the same time, was okay with either decision, if he were to decide on simply laying low for a while and start over with something different.

That is, until he got a surprising response from him.

"And leave the long string of crime life behind? Nah. Many people will still need our help out there. And I honestly...want to continue that promise, in any way that I can." Chip said, genuinely.

"Okay.....I'll agree to this. But only if you are at arms reach for backup AND if you promise not to do everything on your own like that again." Dale reminded him, sternly.

"Ha. I could say the same to you after you left me with that note on the fridge door." Chip replied back with a laugh.

"W..well. I...got scared that's all. I realize that it was impulsive, but I thought...sigh. You know what I mean." Dale spoke in a guilty tone while burying his face again, embarrassed.

"Haha. It's alright, I understand. I did the same thing because I was also afraid that something bad could happen if I didn't leave you there at the house. I thought I could go in by myself and do a whole stakeout all on my own. But.... I was wrong, I'm sorry. But I can promise you, to the whole world and back that I won't ever leave your side ....I love you." Chip said with a warm glowing smile on his face.

"I love you too." Dale spoke out with a familiar expression as the two leaned over and shared another kiss in the comfort of each other's arms.

And from there.....

Through thick and thin.....

They continued to stay true to their vows and protected the city once again as the greatest small detectives of New York City.

While always finding a way to come back to each other's hearts again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511K 7.3K 92
Y/n L/n Wakes up on a beach without no memory as to what happened to him or how he got there. He hold a mysterious emerald like crystal on his hand a...
Insomnia By J.R. Johansson

Mystery / Thriller

712 46 33
"It's been four years since I slept, and I suspect it is killing me." Instead of sleeping, Parker Chipp spends each night trapped in the dream of the...
1.3K 80 5
Everyone who had brain cells could see it. Sonic had a crush on someone. With the stares off into space where if you'd ask him what he was thinking a...
1.4K 43 8
I don't own the rights to any Marvel related or anything that is protected by copyright laws. All rights to any Marvel related or anything that is pr...