The Virginity Bet [#Wattys 20...

By xxPenguinLovexx

There was a bet going on between the male student body that attended Culver Creek High School. It reads as... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 4

9.4K 351 87
By xxPenguinLovexx

Charlie woke up to her phone buzzing. She was doing this new thing where every time she got a new text, she would frantically check to see if it was Caleb. You see, they had exchanged phone numbers a few days ago.

And this new habit of Charlie's didn't slip past Crystal. In fact, nothing slipped past crystal. So Charlie wasn't too surprised when Crystal called her on her bullshit.

"Are you checking to see if Caleb texted you?" Crystal had asked her one morning in the car on the way to school.

Charlie choked on her cup of coffee, "I'm doing no such thing."

Crystal smiled, "Bullshit."

"Whatever, Crys." She sighed, defeated and unwilling to challenge her sister.

As Taylor Swift's voice radiated through the tiny car, Crystal tried to speak over the music, "I can see how much you like him, Char. I think it's cute, actually, that you're finally picking one boy instead of hogging all of them. I mean, I used to like him, I guess, but he's a senior, and thats highly unlikely anyway, right?"

Charlie snorted, "I do not like Caleb Hughes. He's a chauvinistic pig."

"Maybe. But he's a chauvinistic pig that you're ga-ga for."

"As if, Crystal. You can have him."

"But I don't want him. There's this other guy..."

Charlie's eyes widened. Her sister usually picked a boy to fantasize over and she stuck to him for that year. It was a surprise to see that she liked another guy. "Who?" She asked, the curiosity getting the better of her.

Crystal bit her lip, "You have to promise not to tell."

Charlie smiled. That was weird. Crystal normally never asked her to keep it a secret. Not that she would ever tell anyone of the boys Crystal like. Charlie valued the honest, sister-to-sister conversations about boys she had with Crystal. That was really the only time they got along.

"I promise. You know me Crys, I would never. Plus, who would I tell anyway? I don't know any other sophomores. I'm a senior incase you're forgetting."

"Right. But the guy I like is a junior."

"What's his name?"

Crystal exhaled, "Logan Matthews."

Charlie held back a laugh as she realized that's the boy who asked her to be his date at his hot-shot party. "Really?"

"Yes, really. I think I'm really serious this time."

"You do know that he's more of an asshole than even Caleb?" Charlie questioned.

A shy look swept over her sisters face, and Charlie smiled, Crystal must have really liked him. When she didn't answer, Charlie sighed, "I have a theory about us, Crys. The problem with us Harper girls is that we like to pick guys that are assholes, because theres a part of us deep down that thinks, maybe just maybe, we can be the one to change that asshole for the better."

A cloudy look was in Crystal eyes, and Charlie immediately recognized it. She was thinking about our dad. But her quirkiness came back seconds later and she grinned, "You admitted it!"

"Admitted what?"

"That you like Caleb!"

Charlie blushed and she whistled, "Okay, so maybe, I have greater feelings for Caleb than I have for other guys, but that doesn't mean I like him!"

Crystal crossed her arms, and Charlie moaned defeatedly, "Okay, fine. I'm falling for him hard, Crys. But please... I mean it when I say not to tell anyone. This is the first time in a long, long time that I've thought about a boy like I have about Caleb."

Crystal grinned, linking our pinky fingers together and she squealed, "Of course I wouldn't, Charlie. Its so obvious to see how much he means to you. And I get a feeling that he's crushing on you too."

Charlie smiled, and an idea popped into her head. "Crystal, can you meet me during lunch?"

Crystal looked confused. Charlie and her usually steered clear from each other during school hours, because they both wanted to keep their family at home where it belonged.

"Um, why?" She asked, confused.

Charlie grinned, "I just remembered Logan's having a party tonight. And we're gonna' get him to ask you."

Crystal squealed and hugged her sister, "You're the best, Char!"

A car honked, and it dawned on both girls that they sat hugging in the school's parking lot when class was about to start in a few minutes.

They both ran out with their arms linked and rushed to their first period classes.

-----

Charlie tapped her pencil on her desk as she dreamed up scenarios of talking to Caleb after school today at their usual spot. Lately, they had been meeting one another after school on the tree. Last night, they both sat in the tree at 2 AM and watched the stars. Caleb was the one who showed her that spot.

He had said, "When you can't sleep, or if you're ever feeling down, you can just tap on my window. I'll bring the ice cream and you can bring the blankets."

A tap on her shoulder brought Charlie back to reality. It was Mason, from the desk behind hers. "I don't get this." He frowned, "Can you help me?"

She turned and stared at the science question and shrugged, "Sorry Mason, I don't know how to-"

"Miss Harper, is there something you and your boyfriend would like to share with the class?" Our English teacher, Mr. Wilson spat.

Mason grinned at the word "boyfriend." and Charlie innocently smiled at Mr. Wilson, "No sir." And said more quietly, "And he's not my boyfriend."

Mr. Wilson glared, "What was that?"

"Nothing, sir."

Mr. Wilson smiled triumphantly. "Okay class, back to Newton's laws. Can anyone tell me the second-"

The door creaked open slowly, and Caleb walked in, handing a slip of paper to Mr. Wilson, who in turn, glared at Caleb for interrupting his class. His eyes shifted over to me, "Miss Harper, you're presence is requested at the principals office."

A couple of kids "Ooh-ed", as if she was in trouble for something. She didn't even bat an eyelash. She picked up her books and quickly left the class, but not before hearing a "Bye girlfriend!" From Mason.

Caleb snorted, and accompanied me to my walk to the office, "Did he just call you his girlfriend?"

She blushed, "Long story."

He turned her around, "Where are you going?"

She scowled at him, "Are you an idiot? The principal's office."

He waved the thought away with his hand, "Silly you. That was just my excuse to get you out of class."

She gaped at him, "Caleb!"

He chuckled, "Live a little, Charlie! They won't know you skipped, you have a pass."

She glared on the outside, but felt her insides melting at the thought of skipping class to be with Caleb Hughes. "Well? What is it that you wanted?"

"Have you ever smoked pot?" He quietly whispered.

She gulped, "No I haven't smoked pot and I am not going to! Are you delusional? You must be nuts if you honestly think I'm going to cut class just to smoke pot with you, I can't believe you even suggested-"

He put his hand over her mouth, and she stopped talking. He grinned, "I'm kidding. You do still owe me that kiss though, now that I think about it."

He started walking, and Charlie found herself walking beside him, "I just haven't had the chance, you're the one who said people have to see it, aren't you? Anyways, where are we going?"

"You'll see. And if you don't cash in on that kiss, I might have to do it myself."

She glared at him, "You're a pig, you know that, right?"

He laughed, "Maybe we can go to the cafeteria, so you can make me a sandwich or something."

She crossed her arms, "I hate you so much, Caleb Hughes."

He sighed, "I think you love me."

She stammered, "You're the one who wont leave me alone!"

"Just admit it, Harper! You like me. A lot."

"No way."

He grinned and suddenly tackled her to the floor. She tried to push him off, "What are you doing, Caleb! This is harassment!"

He laughed, "We're about to find out if the big hot shot, Charlie Harper, is ticklish."

Charlie's eyes widened in fear and she screamed, "No! Stop, Caleb!"

"Any last words, princess?" He teased. She simply gritted her teeth and closed her eyes, preparing herself for the worst.

Then the tickling began. Charlie laughed like a lunatic as she begged Caleb to stop, which he did after restless minutes. Even though he stopped tickling her, they both sat down, smiling and exhausted.

Caleb looked at her, and Charlie realized he looked sad and distant for some reason.

"Hey." She said softly, stroking his arm, "What's wrong?"

He shook his head, plastering a smile on his face, "Nothing, you just... remind me of someone I used to know. It's nothing."

She raised an eyebrow, "Who was it?"

He laughed, "She was nosy, too."

Charlie glared, "I am not nosy!"

Caleb gave her a look as if to say 'Uh huh, yeah right.'

She just kept glaring at him, "I've noticed lately that you're very good at changing the subject."

He shrugged, "I'm good at a lot of things."

"You're also terrible at some other things."

"Like what, Harper?" He said daringly.

She grinned, "For one, you suck at playing dodgeball." She said, thinking back to his awful performance in team dodgeball in gym class earlier that week.

He winced, "You got me."

She smiled wider, "You're also terribly horrible at flirting."

He smirked, "Is that so?"

"Yes, very much so."

"Then why are you leaning in to kiss me right now?" He whispered subtly.

She blushed and shot up from where she was sitting. She didn't even know she was leaning into him. He stood up too and smiled, cupping her chin and kissing her roughly. He pulled back and told her, "I didn't say I didn't want you to."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 7.4K 43
••Completed•• She got bullied by them nearly everyday. They were ten, carefree, self conceited, judgmental popular boys at school who didn't care ab...
446K 5.5K 14
He's the player of the school , he's known for hitting and quitting , every girl wants him and doesn't care if he uses her then breaks her heart as l...
2.3M 67K 44
Katherine Hills had it all, she was extremely beautiful but yet intelligent and ambitious. She had money and amazing parents who would do anything fo...
654 39 14
The third teen year. Our young teens are fifteen, and high school is not merciful. And now, the boys are getting smarter. They want to be with their...