Shelby Brothers Ballerina

De LACEYtwin

A sweet ballerina captures the heart of three gangsters. *This is my first time writing a book. I'm kinda sc... Mai multe

Characters
Prologue Part 1
Prologue Part 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

1.1K 39 2
De LACEYtwin

Back at the house, Arthur was grunting and groaning at the pain he was in. Blood streaked across his face from the amount of times and force he'd been hit with. While Ada was trying to help clean his wounds up.

"John wipe the blood out of his eye." Ada ordered.

"Since when did you give orders?" John scoffed ,leaning up against the doorway, which separated the kitchen from the gambling den ,which a toothpick in his mouth.

"I'm a trained nurse"

Arthur chucked a little, quickly wincing when pain spread through his face. " Don't make me laugh, it hurts me' face." He said, while Polly wrapped a splint around his thumb.

"I bloody am." Ada defended.

"You went to one first-aid class in the church hall with Kasia and you both got thrown out for giggling." John teased.

"Not before I learned to stop somebody from chocking. Besides, Kasia was the one making me laugh. It's not my fault." Ada said.

Arthur replied in an aggravated tone. "I'm not bloody chocking, am I?"

"You will be when I wrap this cloth round your neck." Ada stated, done with the teasing from both of her brothers.

Suddenly the door banged shut and Tommy and Kasia came walking briskly into the kitchen. Tommy had a cig in his mouth and a bottle of rum in his hand.

"Let me see him." He said walking over to Arthur, telling him to have a swig of the rum he and Kasia just got.

While Thomas did that, Kasia went over to stand beside John. He gave her a smile when he saw her coming up to him. Even though they'd only been apart for about 15 minutes, he'd already missed her presence in the house.  She beamed up at him, giving him a quick hug, before standing side to side beside him.

Arthur turned around in his seat to see Kasia still there. "You can go now love, you don't have to stay." He was worried about her being there, she hadn't seen this side of the business and he didn't want her to start seeing it now. Not after they managed to keep her away for so long.

"I'm not going Arthur, you're hurt. I want to make sure you're okay." She said, her voice soft and delicate, but firm knowing she wasn't going to go anywhere.

Arthur just sighed and turned back to Tommy. Knowing that when the girl had made up her mind, nothing could change it.

While Tommy was cleaning Arthur off with the rum, Arthur started to talk. "He said Mr Churchill sent him to Birmingham. National interest, he said. Something about a robbery." Tommy just leaned back, taking a drag of his cigarette as Arthur continued to talk. "He said he wants us to help him."

Kasia couldn't believ what had happened to Arthur. She didn't think when the girls at ballet said a new copper was coming to town that he would be this cruel. They said he was here to clean the city, not destroy it more.

"We don't help coppers." John quickly added, pulling Kasia by the waist, moving her out of the way for Ada to get through. This made butterflies come alive in her stomach: a small heat spreading across her face as she ducked her head down, hoping nobody will notice.

"He knew all about our war records. He said we're patriots like him. He wants us to be his eyes and ears. I said-" Arthur ranted, but was a cut off by the pain in his hand when Polly pulled a bandage tighter. "-I said we'd have a family meeting. Take a vote."

There was silence for a few seconds as Arthur looked at Tommy waiting for an answer from him. "Well, why not? Mmm? We have not truck with Fenians or communists." Arthur spoke again. Still, Tommy didn't respond. "What's wrong with you? What the fuck is wrong with him lately?" Arthur questioned, looking around at Polly for some sort of answer.

"If I knew, I'd buy the cure from Compton's chemists." Polly uttered, staring directly at Thomas.

————————————————————

The next day, the sun was shining bright while Kasia was in a colourful sweet shop picking out a couple of packets of sweets on her way to the theatre. They had a show today and all the dancers needed to get there early to practice. The route to the theatre was through a more privileged part of Birmingham than from where she lived. Everyone had nicer clothes and food to eat than the people who live near her: so she always picks up some sweets for the kids on her way to practice to give to them the next day.

As she was coming out of the shop, she heard a commotion, she looked up the street to see Danny mumbling incoherently while stumbling into the front of a cafe.

"Hey, what you do? We're closed." The shop owner said with a prominent Italian accent. "Go home."

Kasia knew she had to do something, knowing that the shopkeeper was someone you wouldn't want to mess with. Even though she doesn't get involved with the Shelby's business, she knew who to be aware of. She walked hurriedly up the street trying to get to Danny before anything happened.

The shop keeper kept talking to Danny to try to get him to go away. But he didn't budge. He kept mumbling to himself, he felt like he was back in the war again. "Go home, crazy man. I said, go home, crazy man!"

Pulling out a knife, the shop keeper walked closer. That's when Kasia started running up the street calling Danny's name, hoping that if he see's someone he recognised he might calm down. Even though she was shouting as loud as she could, Danny couldn't hear her. He was too caught up in his own head to hear her calling his name.

Danny suddenly looked up seeing the knife in the advancing man's hand and became even more panicked. Kasia couldn't hear what he said, but he suddenly jumped up and stabbed the man with his own knife.

He soon realised what he had done and scrambled to get away with a look of horror on his face.

Meanwhile, Kasia was stood a couple of meters away with a look of shock on her face. She nearly managed to get to Danny before he killed the Italian but she was too late. One thing she new was that she had to get to Tommy and tell him before the Italians got to Danny.

————————————————————–

Slamming the front door as she rushed into the house, Kasia shouted for Tommy in an erratic way hoping he was still at the house. Thomas came rushing through the door from the gambling den at the sound of the women ,he had grown feeling for, frantic voice alerting him that something was wrong.

His eyes locked on her as he came through the doors, quickly scanning her body for any injuries that might have happened. Even though she didn't look physically hurt, she was hyperventilating, holding her chest as it quickly raised up and down.

Thomas walked over to her, immediately encapsulating her into his arms. Even though Tommy never liked affection, he was eager to have it with her. Wanting to hold her in his arms every time she was with him. Leading her to sit down on a chair, he crouched in front of her, holding her hands in his, helping her calm down slightly. Not asking any questions yet, he helped her calm down before speaking.

"What's the matter love, you've got me worried." He spoke softly, in a tone ho only ever took with her.

"I saw Danny just when I was on my way to the theatre. You know in the street where all the posh people shop.He was there all erratic and mumbling things. He sat down at a table outside a cafe. The owner came out and started shouting at him to go away but he didn't listen. He pulled out a knife and started speaking Italian. It set Danny off and he stabbed him. Danny ran off and now I don't know where he is." Kasia barely whispered with a tremble in her voice.

All Tommy could think in that moment was that the angel in front of him saw something horrific that he had tried keeping her from for the amount of time he had known her. He'd done a pretty good job of it so far, but he has a feeling that with the new copper around she was going to see a lot more. And there was nothing he could do to stop it.

————————————————————–

The stolen guns Tommy found were being loaded onto a boat at the dead of night so that they couldn't be seen. Though Tommy had made a change to the plan of dumping the guns where they would have no connection to the Peaky Blinders.

Strolling up to where Charlie and Curly were placing the stolen goods, Tommy asked for a word.

"They're aboard. There's no moon. We can take them out to the turning point beyond Gas Street and leave them on the bank. They'll be found by railway men first thing." Charlie spoke as they moved over to the fire on the dock.

Thomas just took a drag of his cigarette;not responding. "Is that agreement." Charlie questioned, since Tommy hadn't said anything.

"I changed my mind" Tommy said, not even looking at Charlie.

"You what?"

"I have an alternative strategy. Tell Curly to take her out to the old tobacco wharf. There's a lock-up mooring we used to keep cigarettes. He knows it. When the boat leaves your yard, it's no longer your concern." Tommy told him.

Charlie shook his head with a look of disbelief on his face and said, "Have you lost your fucking mind? Have you not seen the streets. They've sent a fucking army to find these things."

"That's right. They've shown their hand."

Scoffing Charlie couldn't believe what he was hearing. Tommy was looking for trouble and he didn't want to help him find it. "Their hand?"

"If they want them back this bad, they'll have to pay. That's the way of the world. Fortune drops something valuable into your lap, you don't just dump it on the bank of the Cut." Thomas uttered, not caring what anyone else thought about his decision.

"Your blood, Tommy. I've always looked out for you like a dad. You're going to bring holy hell on your head. What about you and your brothers girl, you're gonna get her and everyone else you love caught up in it. This copper takes no prisoners."

Tommy scoffed, "I'm told he didn't serve. Reserved occupation."

"Is it another war you're looking for, Tommy?"

Thomas just turned round, putting a key to the tobacco wharf in his uncle's coat pocket. "The tobacco wharf. By order of the Peaky Blinders."

————————————————————–

A/N: 1841 words. Hey guys 👋. Thank you so much for over 600 reads. That's insane. If you see any grammar or spelling mistakes please let me know or if you have any ideas or questions just comment. I want to make this story as good as it can be.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

120K 1.4K 10
When the Princess of England finds herself falling for Thomas Shelby.
280K 7.1K 51
If anyone in Birmingham had asked Polly Gray when the ice around Thomas Shelby's heart had started to melt, she'd say it was the day Maude Felton cam...
2M 47K 51
Because every girl needs their own prince charming, but some girls need their own birmingham gangster. •BOOK ONE COMPLETED• •SEASON ONE- SEASON TWO...
3K 82 24
(Hello! This is a very old book of mine from my first time on Wattpad. After requests to bring it back,I've decided to do so. The book is finished an...