Resident Evil 2 - Claire Redf...

By PocketRock

Nicholas Parker is a young man trapped in the nightmarish confines of Raccoon City. As the city succumbs to a... More

Pit Stop
The Police Station
Sherry Birkin
The Strange Man
The Orphanage
Ada Wong
The Sewers
The Cable Car
The Lab
The Truth Comes Out
Epilogue

Raccoon City

286 12 1
By PocketRock

"What the hell is going on?" Claire asked, her voice filled with concern, as Nick drove down the desolate road.

Nick glanced at her briefly, sensing the fear and confusion that mirrored his own. "No idea. I was hoping you knew," he responded, his voice laced with uncertainty.

"I'm Claire, by the way. Claire Redfield," she introduced herself, reaching out to shake his hand, an attempt to find some kind of comfort in this newfound partnership amidst chaos.

"Nicholas Parker," Nick said, his grip firm despite the trembling in his fingers. "Nice to meet you, Claire. You live around here?"

Claire's eyes hardened with determination. "No, I'm looking for my brother. He went missing a couple of weeks ago. What about you?"

"I'm just passing through on my way to Chicago," Nick explained, his gaze glued to the road ahead, as if searching for answers.

Claire's eyes widened as she noticed the crimson stains splattered across Nick's shirt. Concern etched into her features, she asked, "Are you okay?"

Nick hesitated for a moment, wearing a pained expression. "Oh, um, yeah. Just had a close call back at the gas station, is all," he responded, his voice tinged with unease.

Curiosity and worry swirled within Claire as she pressed for more information. "What happened?" she asked.

Nick took a deep breath, his gaze still fixated on the road ahead. "I don't even know. I heard glass breaking as I pulled up to get gas, and I saw a police officer wrestling with some guy. And then, out of nowhere, the guy just bit a chunk out of the officer's neck," he recounted, his voice trembling slightly.

A surge of sadness washed over Nick's face, and guilt weighed heavy in his words. "And I just ran away and didn't even try to help the poor officer," he admitted, his voice laced with regret.

"Hey," Claire said softly, her voice reassuring as she placed a comforting hand on Nick's leg. "There's nothing you could have done at that point. Don't beat yourself up over it."

Nick let out a sigh of relief, the weight of guilt slowly lifting from his shoulders. Finally taking his eyes off the road, he met Claire's gaze and whispered, "Thanks."

Wanting to divert their thoughts from the horrors that surrounded them, Claire tried to change the subject. "Chicago, huh?" she inquired, her voice filled with curiosity. "What do you have going on there?"

"It's my niece's birthday tomorrow, and she wanted me there," Nick explained, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

Claire's eyes softened, warmth filling her voice. "Aw, that's cute. How old is she?"

Nick's eyes sparkled with affectionate pride as he replied, "She'll be three."

"Make sure to tell her I said happy birthday," Claire exclaimed, her smile radiant and full of warmth, as if trying to reassure Nick that joy could still exist in their shattered world.

Nick's expression softened, a somber reflection crossing his features. "I hope she's okay," he murmured.

After ten minutes of driving, they finally arrived at Raccoon City. However, their hopes for safety and respite were quickly dashed as the sight that awaited them left them speechless. The city was in chaos, mirroring the horror they had encountered at the gas station. Fires raged uncontrollably, painting the cityscape in hues of destruction and despair. Zombies roamed the streets, their vacant eyes and insatiable hunger a haunting testament to the nightmare that had consumed Raccoon City.

"Oh my god," Claire gasped, a hand instinctively covering her mouth in shock and disbelief.

As they cautiously navigated through the streets, a crackling voice resonated from an intercom, echoing eerily amidst the chaos. "Attention all citizens," the voice announced, piercing through the destruction. "Due to the city-wide outbreak, you are advised to take shelter at the Raccoon City Police Station. Free food and medical supplies will be provided to anyone in need."

Nick exchanged a glance with Claire, a flicker of hope igniting within his eyes.

"Looks like we're going to the police station," Nick said as he took a sharp left.

"Yeah, but..." Claire said, her voice trailing off as a sad look crossed her face. She paused for a moment, contemplating the bleak possibility that lay ahead. "What if... What if we're the only ones who made it? What if there are no survivors?"

Nick's grip on the steering wheel tightened, his resolve unwavering. "There'll be survivors," he reassured her. "It's a big city. There has to be at least a couple. Maybe your brother will even be there."

"Maybe... He is a cop after all," Claire said.

"See, have some faith, Claire. And if nothing else, we'll get a nice meal out of it. I am starving," Nick said, trying to make humor out of the situation.

He managed to elicit a slight laugh from Claire, a brief moment of respite amidst the chaos surrounding them. The sound of her laughter was like a balm to his weary soul, a reminder that even in the darkest of times, there was still room for a glimmer of joy. It fueled his determination to protect her, to ensure that they would make it through this nightmare together.

But as they drove further, they came across a huge barricade. There was no way they could get around it in a car.

"Looks like we're walking from here," Nick said as he shut the car off.

Claire looked outside and saw two zombies devouring someone.

"More like running," she said.

Nick looked over, horror etched on his face. "Good call."

Before they could even get out, a third zombie jumped against Nick's window. A few seconds later, their car was surrounded by zombies.

"Back up!" Claire shouted urgently.

Nick quickly turned the car back on, intending to reverse, but his heart dropped as he spotted a massive semi-truck hurtling towards them.

"Oh shit. Get out now!" Nick exclaimed in a panic, using all his strength to bash against the door.

Claire followed suit, desperately trying to fend off the relentless undead, but they seemed immovable.

Nick cast a quick glance behind him and met the sight of the approaching semi, its size and speed creating a chilling sense of impending doom.

Realizing there was no way out, Nick swiftly put an arm around Claire and grabbed a handle above him, bracing for the imminent impact. "Hold on!" he yelled.

The semi crashed into the back of their car with tremendous force, propelling their vehicle forward until it collided violently with a nearby wall.

As Nick's head spun from the impact, he looked down and noticed oil leaking from their badly damaged car. In a split-second decision, he urgently shoved Claire out through the passenger side and tumbled out from the driver's seat just as the car erupted into a fiery explosion.

They landed on the ground, dazed and disoriented, but alive.

As Nick struggled to his feet, his heart sank as he noticed the spreading fire inching dangerously close to the truck. And, true to their luck, it turned out to be an oil truck.

"You've got to be kidding me," Nick muttered, the irony of their situation almost comical, though the humor was overshadowed by the imminent danger.

Just when they thought things couldn't get any worse, the oil truck suddenly exploded with a deafening blast, unleashing a wave of heat and force. Nick, caught off guard, was sent hurtling backward, crashing hard into the side of another car.

Pain shot through Nick's body as he struggled to regain his senses, his mind buzzing with adrenaline and the taste of metal in his mouth. With effort, he managed to push himself up, groaning in discomfort. The scene before him was a chaotic tableau of destruction and danger, flames dancing amidst the wreckage, casting flickering shadows over the abandoned streets.

Realizing he needed to find Claire, Nick scanned the area, his eyes desperately searching for any sign of her amidst the smoke and chaos.

"Claire! Are you okay?" Nick shouted desperately over the roaring flames, his voice nearly drowned out by the chaos.

There was an agonizing silence for a few moments, and Nick's heart sank as he began to fear the worst.

"Claire!" Nick shouted once more, his concern etched in his voice, and finally, his ears caught a response cutting through the noise.

"I'm alright!" Claire's voice pierced through the tumult, filled with equal parts relief and determination. "How about you?"

"I'll live," Nick replied, his voice laden with exhaustion and a touch of gratitude.

But as relief washed over them, their respite was quickly interrupted by the approaching horde of zombies. They encroached from all directions, cutting Nick off from Claire.

"We can't stay here, it's not safe!" Nick yelled urgently, scanning for possible escape routes amidst the encroaching figures.

Claire, her gun at the ready, took a quick glance around, her eyes locked onto Nick. With determination blazing in her eyes, she made a quick decision.

"Go on ahead. I'll meet you at the station," Claire declared. She fired a few shots, temporarily deterring the advancing undead.

Nick hesitated, torn between his instinct to protect Claire and the desperate need to find safety. After a moment's consideration, he reluctantly agreed to the plan. "You better be there."

With one final glance, they separated, their paths diverging in the face of adversity. Nick ran in one direction, his heart heavy with anxiety, while Claire stood her ground, her determination to survive unwavering.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 10.6K 41
☆~°Together in Darkness°~☆ ☆~°Leon Kennedy X Reader°~☆ ~°☆°~ (Y/N) Ortega was a normal person, they're living with their best friend in Raccoon City...
48.8K 1.3K 19
The first installment to Y/N's Resident Evil / Biohazard Story. Freshly out of the Police Academy, Leon and Y/n head to Raccoon City to meet the Rac...
56.3K 1.8K 19
Enter the survival horror of the events in Raccoon City, 1998. Leon Scott Kennedy, 21, rookie cop. Even though it's his first and only day on the job...
405 18 11
Leon and Anna are as happy as can be when their little girl is born, living the perfect life. Just when things are perfect tradgedy strikes and Anna...